+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is Meditation Demonic?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Default Re: Is Meditation Demonic?

Makatao....having come from the "Bible Belt Mentality" myself I can understand your questioning. Avalon sources have allowed me to seek out answers & I hope you will take advantage of many posts from the past that will help you. If you were not questioning things, you would not be here!

I might suggest that you start with a thread called "Here: The So Called Word of God". Prepare to have your mind blown! But it's o.k. as you are an Eternal, Sovereign Being in charge of your own Destiny!

I really like what one of our members has written...Ron Mauer, Jr.

"I am sovereign & eternal. I choose Love, Love is what I am.
    I give thanks for knowing that I am an extension of Source Energy; on Prime Creator's never ending journey of creation & self discovery.
    I give thanks for knowing that the power that creates worlds flows through me. I ask to use this energy with wisdom & love."

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (29th June 2017), Basho (29th June 2017), fourty-two (30th June 2017), GForce (30th June 2017), ginnyk (30th June 2017), gnostic9 (30th June 2017), Pilgrim (30th June 2017), Spiral (29th June 2017), starlight (2nd July 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

Quote Posted by shijo (here)
    Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Is eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich demonic?
    After repeated consideration i would have to say yes.
    Don't we all kinda wanna "Jam" with the devil ?
    Last edited by Caliban; 29th June 2017 at 21:47.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

conk (6th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2017), GForce (30th June 2017), gnostic9 (30th June 2017), shijo (30th June 2017), Spiral (29th June 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

Quote Posted by Makatao (here)
    Quote Posted by Spiral (here)

IMO he is a dangerous person who has been deceived.
    Oh, wow. Strong words for disagreeing with someone's personal revelation on meditation. Meditation is beautiful.

I prefaced my remark with IMO which means "in my opinion" which is all I can claim it to be, you can't post something to engage discussion & then jump on someone who poses a different opinion !

At least I watched the whole video lol, but on another note did you see all the demonic / illuminati symbolism he uses ?

As for "meditation", as you can tell from the responses it's very subjective, some people think it's ruminating on something whilst listening to whale song & some think it's entering different realms.

Science has shown that the real thing means entering a different brain wave state (they've hooked Tibetan monks up to machines) and at which point various things can happen depending on the brain state, you can enter the astral plane, the mental plane, you can remote view, if you are up to it you can enter the etheric & start playing with the big boys (not advised), & if you are advanced enough the causal plane awaits....

Then you are opened up to abductions and what lies beyond,..... all of which those" who are interested" will lead you right into before you realise whats really going on.........

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

9ideon (29th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2017), GForce (30th June 2017), gnostic9 (30th June 2017), pabranno (9th July 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Your mind is more open when meditating, but is is also a heck of a lot more aware, so I would say, no, meditation and the demonic are very different. You have a better chance of apprehending your own shadow and any interfering thoughts sensations coming from your own unconscious (or who knows where else) while meditating.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Caliban (29th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2017), GForce (30th June 2017), gnostic9 (30th June 2017), Pilgrim (30th June 2017), Spiral (29th June 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

"Is eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich demonic?" Not if the peanut butter is organic. :-)

No point in going further into the demonic nature of the church. You will convince no one.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

conk (6th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2017), gnostic9 (30th June 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

Quote Posted by shijo (here)
    After repeated consideration i would have to say yes.
    Well, that explains a few things. My mother packed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for me every day for lunch when I was a schoolboy.

I can't stand em now
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

conk (6th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2017), gnostic9 (30th June 2017), pabranno (9th July 2017), shijo (30th June 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

True meditation is keeping your mind clear, empty no thoughts, no sound, everything external is foreign, how can that be wrong ??? Controlling your mind is not demonic...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th June 2017), pabranno (9th July 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 times in 784 posts

I imagine that any altered state of consciousness that is not properly understood can lead to problems. Proper Guidance is key. Shamans set "guards" over their bodies when they enter trance states and often report fierce confrontations with enemy spirits. Almost every Holy Book has very stern warnings about the dangers of demons, spirits, possession and the like. Are they all wrong? Unlikely.

What type of meditation, what chants, symbols or thought forms ( if any) are being used?
    Trance is different from meditation, seeking contact with "others" seems like opening a can of worms if unknowledgeable. I expect the same can be said for drugs and alcohol.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th June 2017), pabranno (9th July 2017), Pilgrim (30th June 2017)

17. Link to Post #29
    Finland Avalon Member Ultima Thule's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 times in 683 posts

No.

It is paying attention (utilizing executive functions of prefrontal cortex) to something you choose (breathing for example) and inhibiting impulses to pay attention to something else, scratching yourself etc. This strengthens areas that govern these functions and they add to your willpower in many other situations. Considered this way, meditation is being mindful and you can be mindful about eating your peanut butter jelly sandwich with your left hand instead of right hand and not lick your lips while doing it. This constitutes a meditative practice, which means that the answer is also no to Conks question

Now if one considers meditation to be something completely different, letīs say smoking a ton of pot and listening to psychedelic drumming and thus getting oneself to some altered state of consciousness, then I am not sure.

UT

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

fourty-two (30th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th June 2017), pabranno (9th July 2017), Tinman (30th June 2017)

19. Link to Post #30
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

I like TruthSeekah.

I think meditation is safe but that is does open doors to the unknown. The unknown cannot be categorized and so a certain amount of caution is warranted. Safeguards should be considered.

Like always, any endeavour is best approached armed with knowledge so studying the topic of meditation is wise.

In the final analysis experience is the best teacher so if you try it remember to use your own intuition as your guide. Heed its guidance.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

fourty-two (30th June 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th June 2017), pabranno (9th July 2017), Ultima Thule (1st July 2017)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 times in 297 posts

Only if you use chunky peanut butter. Then they are wrong, wrong, wrong and demonic.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marikins For This Post:

conk (6th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th June 2017), Orph (9th July 2017), Spiral (30th June 2017)

23. Link to Post #32
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I like TruthSeekah.

I think meditation is safe but that is does open doors to the unknown. The unknown cannot be categorized and so a certain amount of caution is warranted. Safeguards should be considered.

Like always, any endeavour is best approached armed with knowledge so studying the topic of meditation is wise.

In the final analysis experience is the best teacher so if you try it remember to use your own intuition as your guide. Heed its guidance.
    Agreed. I like him as well. Love his post and podcasts.

24. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,575 times in 32,794 posts

Quote Posted by Marikins (here)
    Only if you use chunky peanut butter. Then they are wrong, wrong, wrong and demonic.
    No!!!! You're in great danger. You're being deceived by the Dark Side. It's totally the other way round.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (9th July 2017), pabranno (9th July 2017)

26. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member pabranno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,742 times in 319 posts

In my understanding, there is an aggressive, opportunistic element to "archons". IMO the lower vibrational, lower astral malevolent entities are intrusive and deliberately destructive. Perhaps people like myself, who are spiritually naive or not so developed and grounded, become tantalizing opportunities for these archonic entities when we open ourselves up before we are spiritually grounded enough.
    I know this is what I fear about pursuing meditation. I know I am easy prey....

Pamela

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pabranno For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (9th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th July 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2