+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Amelia Earhart Mystery : Does photo show she died a Japanese prisoner ?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,530 times in 2,606 posts

Default Re: Amelia Earhart Mystery : Does photo show she died a Japanese prisoner ?

That was a really good documentary from the History Channel. I sure miss that part of t.v. Thanks Bill.

I'd like to add that after having watched that documentary, taking into account the experts and the eyewitness testimony, I believe that photo was of Amelia and her navigator and whoever debunked it was either lying about the date deliberately or believed it out of manipulated ignorance.

I believe she did die on that island.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 13th March 2018 at 13:19.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

BMJ (13th March 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,520 times in 1,093 posts

Default Re: Amelia Earhart Mystery : Does photo show she died a Japanese prisoner ?

And to add more controversy or a definitive answer to the discussion about the photo claiming to show Earhart and Noonan on the dock at Jaluit Atoll in the Marshall Islands, see the article and links below.

Amelia Earhart mystery: Photo appears taken 2 years before pilot vanished

Quote:
    "Kota Yamano, a Japanese military history blogger, was skeptical about the photo as well. Shortly after learning about it, he searched the term "Jaluit" in the National Diet Library and quickly found the photo in a 1935 book. The whole thing took about 30 minutes..."

"The book is shown in a digital photo in Japan's National Diet Library, the country's largest collection of books. The site says it is from Showa 10, the 10th year of the Showa emperor, also known as 1935." See the "Date of Publication" at the link below.

Link to the image in the Japan's National Diet Library: http://dl.ndl.go.jp/info:ndljp/pid/1...3&contentNo=99

Link to the article: https://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/12/a...pan/index.html
    Last edited by BMJ; 11th April 2019 at 05:00.
    In hoc signo vinces / In this sign thou shalt conquer

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th April 2019), Did You See Them (9th April 2019), Valerie Villars (9th April 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2