+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting crucified on social media

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Getting crucified on social media

Why are people a-holes?
    I spoke up in defense of UFOlogy on facebook and it was like I was in middle school again.
    No one bothered to check the sources I shared.

wtf?

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to bbow73 For This Post:

Andynko (7th July 2017), Baby Steps (7th July 2017), gaiagirl (8th July 2017), ghostrider (7th July 2017), Hervé (7th July 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th July 2017), Lifebringer (7th July 2017), Mercedes (7th July 2017), mojo (7th July 2017), Noelle (7th July 2017), pabranno (7th July 2017), starlight (7th July 2017), sunwings (7th July 2017), Tintin (7th July 2017), WhiteLove (7th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Default Re: Getting crucified on social media

Too many people making being socially correct and accepted more important than seeing truth (or not, whatever the case may be). Social media is like an adult version of middle school in ways.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 7th July 2017 at 05:58.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Andynko (7th July 2017), bbow73 (7th July 2017), gaiagirl (8th July 2017), ghostrider (7th July 2017), Hervé (7th July 2017), justntime2learn (7th July 2017), Mercedes (7th July 2017), Noelle (7th July 2017), pabranno (7th July 2017), starlight (7th July 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

Most of humanity is negative by nature, its mental toughness to be positive, go your own way and take the arrows ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

bbow73 (7th July 2017), gaiagirl (8th July 2017), justntime2learn (7th July 2017), Mercedes (7th July 2017), mojo (7th July 2017), Noelle (7th July 2017), pabranno (7th July 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

the good thing is you will get immune as time goes by, it means you become freer from the thought police. in essence more free to do your own thing without being crucified.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Andynko (7th July 2017), bbow73 (7th July 2017), Hervé (7th July 2017), justntime2learn (7th July 2017), Lifebringer (7th July 2017), Mercedes (7th July 2017), pabranno (7th July 2017), WhiteLove (7th July 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    Most of humanity is negative by nature, its mental toughness to be positive, go your own way and take the arrows ...
    the impression I was left with is that people want to attack others but feel justified and right while doing so... reminded me of the type of people that bought tickets to see Jerry Springer, people that enjoy tearing apart someone that shocked them while that person is vulnerable and exposed. In my case I guess the 'shocking' thing was that I don't believe everything on TV.
    Last edited by bbow73; 7th July 2017 at 07:09.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bbow73 For This Post:

ghostrider (7th July 2017), Lifebringer (7th July 2017), Mercedes (7th July 2017), pabranno (7th July 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Did they give you that strange look in the comments or accusation of having lost a few cans in the six pack? Worry not, they will be looking for you in a few weeks to explain a few things, but may find you are too busy trying to survive to sit down comfort them as they find out. Survival is of the fittest in this, and that's not just weaponry or physical food stuffs. Strategy, and keen inner gut listening will be necessary. Get your meditation on so you can hear over the noise and confusion. I feel you, but with stuff so close now, those who don't have an ear, won't hear.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

bbow73 (7th July 2017), Noelle (7th July 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Yes and you won't get that far with them. Look to those who see the change and want to know what's up. I'm trying to figure out now how to have a pontoon in my future up in the mountains. It's 2oo miles from the shore and i just hope that's enough for the waves of the tsunami to flow in and out without threat to loved ones. Cement, and building rod debrie can injure body parts while trying to stay above water in current. I recommend you watch the movie of the tsunami in Sri Lanka and or Fukishima info to gain some incite on how "furious the planet it with man at this time. Storms of fury are how the God disperses judgement, and Mother Earth could use the "cooling off of waters and weather in areas effected by "man."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

bbow73 (7th July 2017), Noelle (7th July 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Makes you feel like the guys in the movies holding "end of the world" signs, huh? You have an ear and you hear the "rumors of wars." They may only be able to see it as just negative rhetoric, and not take it serious, but.....ALL the signs of the Hebrew bible are coming true, even down to the Syria in desolation prophecy of John in Revelation of Yashayah/Jesus Christ. I believe my people are gonna need some head work to actually assure them of "who" they are. If not then the 2/3rds of man will also occur. The doubters of what we see, will not doubt soon. Nibiru is "in da howz." The moon in the 7th house, Jupiter aligning with Mars is the next one for me. Golden age of peace and rebuilding is on the way.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

bbow73 (7th July 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

Quote Posted by bbow73 (here)
    Why are people a-holes?
    I spoke up in defense of UFOlogy on facebook and it was like I was in middle school again.

wtf?
    It is because they have been subject to a certain information that has that effect on them. Similar to the behavior of going to debt to get a by the government approved education. People are hence not so well educated and so hence that is why they react the way they do... It might simply be that a short circuit happens in their sub conscious and a natural least resistance ego reaction follows... Something of that nature...
    Last edited by WhiteLove; 7th July 2017 at 08:22.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

bbow73 (7th July 2017), Mercedes (7th July 2017), mojo (7th July 2017), Noelle (7th July 2017), pabranno (7th July 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Why are people a-holes?

wtf?
    Lol...

Welcome to Avalon

I have some of the most important messages the world has ever known, and get torched any time I leave the safety of the best forum in the world.

I like fights, and will bring it on Twitter right to my target.

I comment on YouTube clips, tossing gas on the fire, and link em back here...

I love how they have to pass a mental test before being able to talk to me.

Bill is soo friggen cool to protect us..

20. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Member Virilis's Avatar
    Thanks

I Love the internet so much

They have taken control
    Last edited by Virilis; 7th July 2017 at 13:24.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Virilis For This Post:

bbow73 (7th July 2017), Krist (7th July 2017), Mercedes (7th July 2017), Noelle (7th July 2017)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member pabranno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,742 times in 319 posts

Hey guys.
    Bubu, Ghostrider, bbow73 and oh yes, ROCKY, I really love your attitude.
    I want to get to that place.
    I guess this is a good time to say what I want and need to say:
    Lady Kitt somehow gave me the courage to start to try to post.
    I've never felt adequate to post... you people are way too informed and courageous.
    Shortly thereafter, I realized I jumped on an errant bandwagon.
    That REALLY embarrassed me, after all I have read on Avalon.
    So, chicken s_ _ _ _ that I am, I retreated.
    But I don't want to be like that.
    I want to be like this.
    I go to a church, Bible Study and all, and I bring up the concepts I have been exposed to on Avalon.
    I get a LOT of negative pushback. I don't care. I cannot blindly accept many things they base their whole soul on.
    Then I start to think: WHY am I trying to expand on the issues?
    Am I trying to get them to think out of the assigned envelope, or am I bouncing my ideas off of theirs to learn better.
    I have decided I am trying to do both.
    Therefore, back to topic, I think it is important and courageous to continue to put it out there in any and all venues.
    It is an opportunity for us all to grow, in ways perhaps we cannot discern at the time
    Be of good courage, and I say that directly and solely for me.
    Thank you ALL so very much!

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pabranno For This Post:

Baby Steps (7th July 2017), bbow73 (7th July 2017), Hervé (7th July 2017), Krist (7th July 2017), Matt P (7th July 2017), Noelle (7th July 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,109 times in 8,176 posts

I've been blaming the TV culture for decades but recently I've been wondering just what, exactly, goes on in schools these days.

For reference, I was a schoolboy just before electronic calculators took over.

It's not that people can't think, the thinking engine is still there. It's that the engine is not hooked up to much worth thinking about. Lots of vroom vrooming and little black tyre marks but couldn't plan a trip to the gas station, never mind a cross country sight seeing tour.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

bbow73 (7th July 2017), Blacklight43 (7th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (7th July 2017), Hervé (7th July 2017), Mercedes (7th July 2017), mojo (7th July 2017)

26. Link to Post #14
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 times in 1,632 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteLove (here)
    Why are people a-holes?

wtf?
    It is because they have been subject to a certain information that has that effect on them. Similar to the behavior of going to debt to get a by the government approved education. People are hence not so well educated and so hence that is why they react the way they do... It might simply be that a short circuit happens in their sub conscious and a natural least resistance ego reaction follows... Something of that nature...
    They're in a trance, a deep trance, though some may be more like zombies. That's one reason why I stay away from social media.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

bbow73 (7th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (7th July 2017), Hervé (7th July 2017), Matt P (7th July 2017), mojo (7th July 2017), uzn (7th July 2017), Virilis (7th July 2017), WhiteLove (7th July 2017)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

It's oh so easy to be the big shot sitting at a computer in anonymity. People used to vent their hostilities behind the wheel of a car, (and some still do) but it is far easier to be jerk online and not have to answer for anything. Putting someone else down in order to feel superior is the oldest trick in the book. Why allow that to ruin your day?

If you are going to publicly express any idea, be prepared to be tarred and feathered in print. I doubt any of those comments were really personal, the people who wrote them probably did that to multitudes of others on the same day. It's about them, not you.

I think so few feel that they have much control in their lives any longer and they self censor in everyday life to fit in with the parameters of the political correctness that being critical, sarcastic, rude and cruel anonymously is a distorted way to take back their power.

Being courageous is beneficial to you. If someone agrees with you or learns from you that is great, but this is really about you and valuing your reasoning abilities and intuitive skills. We are in times where integrity, common sense and honesty are waning. If you possess these qualities, exercise them and allow them to grow. It is much more important that someone sees a person who is courageous speak his truth, than the content of what you are saying.
    Living by example is the best you can do for humanity.
    Last edited by Pam; 7th July 2017 at 15:45.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

bbow73 (7th July 2017), mojo (7th July 2017), Noelle (7th July 2017)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

thank you everyone for your empathy. I decided to maintain the conversation despite the ridicule and tried not to engage the negativity but just be open and state my case.
    I started by sharing how it felt to be the object of ridicule based on my beliefs and the tone lightened up a bit (after a little offline conflict resolution). Then a couple people spoke up to confess their agnosticism on UFOlogy... so I was able to point them in the direction of some more reliable sources on the subject.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbow73 For This Post:

Baby Steps (7th July 2017), mojo (7th July 2017), Noelle (7th July 2017)

32. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Bbow73,

It hurts to feel belittled, especially when you are trying to share information in an open hearted way. It would be different if you were being strident, difficult or ego driven. Sorry this happened to you. Text is more powerful than the spoken word.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

bbow73 (11th July 2017), mojo (7th July 2017), Noelle (7th July 2017)

34. Link to Post #18
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

I don't bother with facebook. It is the same people hogging the lime light as in real life. A few certain family members and a friend, they are the only ones who post constantly about the most mundane things or link to viral videos of others. No meat, no substance, just fluff. They post about what they ate, where they are or were, about their kids. The rest of us are left wondering what our role is besides liking their posts. Just like in real life we are left on the sidelines looking in. And like in real life it the most average person with actually nothing to say that does all the saying.

Makes me wonder if we can survive as a species and it makes me detest this society.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

mojo (7th July 2017), Noelle (7th July 2017)

36. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member starlight's Avatar
    Thanks

... Need I say more?

Be well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_FullSizeR.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	35642  

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to starlight For This Post:

bbow73 (11th July 2017), Bill Ryan (7th July 2017), Ernie Nemeth (8th July 2017), Noelle (7th July 2017), Virilis (8th July 2017)

+ Reply to Thread