+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone know reliable therapy for traumas or heritage of ancestors?

1. Link to Post #21
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Does anyone know reliable therapy for traumas or heritage of ancestors?

Thank you for replying, i understand what you are saying, i really do hope my life gets better. I will pray everyday.

2. Link to Post #22
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Does anyone know reliable therapy for traumas or heritage of ancestors?

Quote Posted by lunaflare (here)
    Hey Pleideas,

Hopefully you can tune back into the thread, as there are people on this forum who are empathic and caring; the personal experience and advice of others may also be of comfort/assistance.

Regarding therapies...well, I would have to say that
    You are your best therapy.
    Your mind is your most powerful tool and thus can be your most powerful ally/friend/supporter.
    For starters, be kind to yourself.
    Be mindful of your language.
    You wrote:
    I feel totally blocked in many areas of my life and usually everything goes wrong.

Blocks aren't wrong or right. Quite simply, they are indicators of flow and the need for adjustment/change. There is no need to blame and shame yourself or others.
    See these times as opportunities to discover and transform. Make choices, make changes...but perhaps most importantly, create stillness time to listen to the quiet within.
    Resting/being in Nature is important.
    Sleep
    Wholesome foods
    clean water

Also, know that we all travel, or have travelled, life's bumpy roads.
    There is no one formula or manual for living one' life.

It is more inspiring to live with yourself if you see the proverbial glass as half full, rather than half empty. You will then be able to genuinely shine your inspiration for others to help them see more clearly. We are, after-all, part of the same cosmic fabric..
    Go gently
    Hello Lunaflare,

thank you for posting. I understand what you are saying and thank you all for giving me advice, but it isn't easy, my life isn't gong places and time is flying, i'm getting old. And i start to get very anxious and worried about my life. I understand what you say about changing but i feel stuck! I feel like my head isn't functioning, responding to the challenge. Some people find solutions when they see problems and others seem to fall down. I feel lot of pressure from my family because they also get worried about me. I feel like i am going through a tunnel and i am not seeing the light. I need to find a solution.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pleiades For This Post:

Noelle (14th July 2017)

4. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,611 times in 571 posts

Quote Posted by bbow73 (here)
    ... I did a treatment called EMDR and never regressed again ... EMDR will resolve the trauma ... EMDR alters your neural pathways...

very sorry to hear that you are suffering and have no relief, I wish you peace hope and joy
    EMDR also helped my wife. She found a great therapist based on a recommendation from a friend who also had significant success with EMDR.

I just finished this book The Body Keeps the Score. It will confirm everything bbow73 has said. It is an excellent resource.

Finally, here is another great book. It is a memoir that might also be of help but I suggest reading the reviews to make sure you are in the right place along your own personal journey: The Inconsequential Child

Hope this helps.
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

Hym (16th July 2017)

6. Link to Post #24
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Vangelo (here)
    Quote Posted by bbow73 (here)
    ... I did a treatment called EMDR and never regressed again ... EMDR will resolve the trauma ... EMDR alters your neural pathways...

very sorry to hear that you are suffering and have no relief, I wish you peace hope and joy
    EMDR also helped my wife. She found a great therapist based on a recommendation from a friend who also had significant success with EMDR.

I just finished this book The Body Keeps the Score. It will confirm everything bbow73 has said. It is an excellent resource.

Finally, here is another great book. It is a memoir that might also be of help but I suggest reading the reviews to make sure you are in the right place along your own personal journey: The Inconsequential Child

Hope this helps.
    Thank you Vangelo I'm doing therapy for some time now and i am doing Psych-k with my therapist but it isn't working, i am not getting anywhere. Instead i am feeling more desperate. I also did EMDR but my life isn't working at all. I am studying for an exam and i am really having a hard time focusing, i have failed but i have two chances still. I am unemployed and this exam is a big deal. I found the other day a friend of mine who is also studying she is old and she is trying to get a job she is also doing therapy and it isn't working for her also. I know another person who isn't working also.

What i see nowadays is that many medical technicians or therapists are more interested in money and profit than making the patients lives better and solving the problems, and i see (at least where i come from) many people going to therapy searching for a solution and instead the therapists procrastinate with their patients and patients loose their money. It is all for profit and not for the best interest of the patient. And these are serious cases.

I tried to give advice to my friend but i couldn't i don't know how to help myself and how to help her. I feel very impotent and desperate. The future really worries me. I just really hope my life doesn't go to a bad place. Thank you for all your help Peace to you too.

7. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member OBwan's Avatar
    Thanks

The following is a link for a process that may help.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ories&p=891906
    Last edited by OBwan; 16th July 2017 at 01:33.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2