+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Astral Travel/Out of Body Experience Tactics and Tips

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 838 posts

Default Re: Astral Travel/Out of Body Experience Tactics and Tips

Quote Posted by Mister ET (here)

Here's a fun fact both anecdotal and from my personal experience with clients. After 3yrs +/- the majority of clients no longer sought OBEs. .
    And then there are people like myself who have been trying for years to have an OBE but get a whole lot of nothing. ......... Well, technically that's not true. I do get a whole lot of sleep.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Noelle (13th August 2017), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Great Britain Avalon Member samildamach's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 356 posts

Quote Posted by Orph (here)

Here's a fun fact both anecdotal and from my personal experience with clients. After 3yrs +/- the majority of clients no longer sought OBEs. .
    And then there are people like myself who have been trying for years to have an OBE but get a whole lot of nothing. ......... Well, technically that's not true. I do get a whole lot of sleep.
    You and me both orph.but I've only been trying six months so far.

I did have a very unusual and strange experience today,describing it may be difficult.
    I was laying on my bed relaxed with the intent to go obe.
    I was going through different limbs moving them in my imagination and not physically,just stretching them out beyond the physical limit.this always feels like moving my energy body( which I am pritty good at)when something strange happened .
    My leg drew back and violently kicked out like a stamping motion,nothing like moving the energy body at all.
    It was then that my leg flinched and I rearlized it was in my mind only,and very different from energy body movement.
    Any ideas?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to samildamach For This Post:

gaiagirl (13th August 2017), Jake (13th August 2017), Noelle (13th August 2017), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 times in 1,632 posts

What methods have you tried?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Vernaianawa (6th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by samildamach (here)

You and me both orph.but I've only been trying six months so far.

I did have a very unusual and strange experience today,describing it may be difficult.
    I was laying on my bed relaxed with the intent to go obe.
    I was going through different limbs moving them in my imagination and not physically,just stretching them out beyond the physical limit.this always feels like moving my energy body( which I am pritty good at)when something strange happened .
    My leg drew back and violently kicked out like a stamping motion,nothing like moving the energy body at all.
    It was then that my leg flinched and I rearlized it was in my mind only,and very different from energy body movement.
    Any ideas?
    Were the kicking and flinching both not done by your physical leg? If yes, then you were probably on your way out of body and maybe got a little too excited (not the yippee sort of excitement) by what you perceived as your physical leg kicking and flinching.

That has happened to me, not quite in the same way. One night not very long ago, while close to falling asleep, I could feel one of my legs rising in the air. Mind you, I was sleeping on my stomach, and I was not trying to have an OBE. My leg rising caught be off guard; it excited me; and I jolted awake.

I believe Robert Bruce is speaking about what you experienced in this brief Q&A.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Jake (13th August 2017), samildamach (13th August 2017), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Quote Posted by LadyM (here)

Well, let's see, .... the rhythm method, ................. no wait, that was something else.

I've tried the affirmations, but all that did was put me into a really deep sleep. I tried the phase method, which seemed to hold some promise. Got a little tingly and a couple of times almost felt a slight floating sensation. Tried the 'imaginary rope' method. Then a variation on that, I imagined diving off a cliff. I used to do a little of that in my younger days, so not only can I imagine it, but i know the feeling of just leaping off into the air. Thought maybe that would give a little added something to the mix. But, .... nothing.

Not a big deal I guess. If we live hundreds, or even thousands of lifetimes, then somewhere in there I must be having fun. Just isn't meant to be in this lifetime.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Noelle (13th August 2017), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Quote Posted by LadyM (here)

Well, let's see, .... the rhythm method, ................. no wait, that was something else.

I've tried the affirmations, but all that did was put me into a really deep sleep. I tried the phase method, which seemed to hold some promise. Got a little tingly and a couple of times almost felt a slight floating sensation. Tried the 'imaginary rope' method. Then a variation on that, I imagined diving off a cliff. I used to do a little of that in my younger days, so not only can I imagine it, but i know the feeling of just leaping off into the air. Thought maybe that would give a little added something to the mix. But, .... nothing.

Not a big deal I guess. If we live hundreds, or even thousands of lifetimes, then somewhere in there I must be having fun. Just isn't meant to be in this lifetime.
    I have only tried with 100% effort the relaxation method and phasing (Frank Kepple's phasing). It seems you made progress with the phase method, so I would stick with that one. When using that method, what got in the way of going further? Did you get excited by the floating sensations and come right back to waking consciousness?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Jake (13th August 2017), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

I read a website by Raduga (<--- Okay, I'm sure I misspelled his name there) about the phase method. I'll go to the website you linked above ^^^ and read that to learn more. Then I'll give that a try for about a month or so to see if I have any luck.

As far as my previous tries at the phase method, it wasn't a matter of getting excited or anything. I could get into that 'phase' and hold it without a problem. I just couldn't go any farther with it. Maybe I wasn't completely in the phase. Maybe I was just partly in it. ???? Who knows. But like I said, I'll read Kepple's website and go from there.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Chester (3rd September 2017), Jake (13th August 2017), Noelle (13th August 2017), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Hi all. hello ladyM, if I may... I have always used a silly method to stay awake while i fall asleep.. (per Robert Monroe,, the formula is 'mind awake, body asleep.) Which is referred to as 'trance'.. I call it 'waking and drifting'... (I noticed it on accident once.)

Its like if you were sitting at a desk during a school lesson, falling asleep. Your eyes are getting harder and harder to keep open and soon enough your head bobs down. You catch yourself but still remain in that same tired state... Eventuality, you've kept yourself awake for 20 or 30 bobs of the head.. You may not notice, but each head bob you refine your path to a seamless trance state,, a perfect platform for projection... if you put it into practice, it can help set the stage... ☺☺

I was exploring a cave once and noticed a similar phenomenon.. i could barely see because it was very dark... As i looked down the way we came from, i noticed that it was getting darker and darker... Each second it would get darker.. i thought that my flashlight was going out. nobody else noticed it... It was getting darker, wave after wave.. I notice it every time its dark now.. its like im observing myself 'fall' asleep...

You can practice waking and drifting, easy enough... you can also sit in the dark and try and observe the darkness coming in waves.. the headbobbing and the darkness waves are my bodies natural way of falling asleep... Sometimes, i can just relax and follow the 'waking and drifting' until exit sensations are robust and obvious...

It helps me to read a book until my eyes get sleepy.. then 'waking and drifting' is easy...

I had a sleep study that confirmed that i drop into sleep easily and seemlessly... Also, i have Alpha Wave Intrusion,, which basically means that i have a tendency to wake up while sleeping... (Just as the muscle tone drops, and paralysis sets in...)

I dont want to babble...

good luck and good travels...

Jake
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (18th September 2020), lake (26th December 2018), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

I read a website by Raduga (<--- Okay, I'm sure I misspelled his name there) about the phase method. I'll go to the website you linked above ^^^ and read that to learn more. Then I'll give that a try for about a month or so to see if I have any luck.

As far as my previous tries at the phase method, it wasn't a matter of getting excited or anything. I could get into that 'phase' and hold it without a problem. I just couldn't go any farther with it. Maybe I wasn't completely in the phase. Maybe I was just partly in it. ???? Who knows. But like I said, I'll read Kepple's website and go from there.
    I am familiar with Raduga's The Phase. He has a free ebook about it. I have not read it, so I am not sure if they are similar or different. Let me know how you make out.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Vernaianawa (6th March 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    Hi all. hello ladyM, if I may... I have always used a silly method to stay awake while i fall asleep.. (per Robert Monroe,, the formula is 'mind awake, body asleep.) Which is referred to as 'trance'.. I call it 'waking and drifting'... (I noticed it on accident once.)

Its like if you were sitting at a desk during a school lesson, falling asleep. Your eyes are getting harder and harder to keep open and soon enough your head bobs down. You catch yourself but still remain in that same tired state... Eventuality, you've kept yourself awake for 20 or 30 bobs of the head.. You may not notice, but each head bob you refine your path to a seamless trance state,, a perfect platform for projection... if you put it into practice, it can help set the stage... ☺☺

I was exploring a cave once and noticed a similar phenomenon.. i could barely see because it was very dark... As i looked down the way we came from, i noticed that it was getting darker and darker... Each second it would get darker.. i thought that my flashlight was going out. nobody else noticed it... It was getting darker, wave after wave.. I notice it every time its dark now.. its like im observing myself 'fall' asleep...

You can practice waking and drifting, easy enough... you can also sit in the dark and try and observe the darkness coming in waves.. the headbobbing and the darkness waves are my bodies natural way of falling asleep... Sometimes, i can just relax and follow the 'waking and drifting' until exit sensations are robust and obvious...

It helps me to read a book until my eyes get sleepy.. then 'waking and drifting' is easy...

I had a sleep study that confirmed that i drop into sleep easily and seemlessly... Also, i have Alpha Wave Intrusion,, which basically means that i have a tendency to wake up while sleeping... (Just as the muscle tone drops, and paralysis sets in...)

I dont want to babble...

good luck and good travels...

Jake
    Yes, you may ... always. Good advice. Come to think of it, I probably have had unintentional OBEs using the method you describe.

I fall asleep quickly too, and I can get to the mind awake/body asleep phase fast as well. It wasn't always so, but I think being very focused and having the ability to quickly shut up the chatter in my brain has helped.

I have not heard of Alpha Wave Intrusion, nor do I think I have experienced it. How frustrating it must be to get that close and, boom, you're wide awake. Sometimes a noise or an itch will bring me back, but I can go right back into it without a lot of effort.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Jake (13th August 2017), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 281 posts

Hello everyone and LadyM! Thanks for the tips!

I have a question/concern for anyone who might know. I have had many OBEs in the past, especially younger and I know pretty well how it feels like. My concern is that lately when I'm trying to do it, I usually end up creating a lucid dream instead of actually exiting the physical body. Even though I'm very conscious, initially I do not realize that it is a dream and not an OBE. After it ends is when I know it. That's because as I wake up the energy is absorbed in my third eye and I understand it was just mind activity and projection. The real OBE is a solid full body experience in the exit as well as in the return and I can distinguish the two.

So my question is how does that happen? How can I choose between an OBE or creating a lucid dream. If I could I would avoid the latter.

Thank you
    Last edited by ZenBaller; 6th March 2018 at 08:24.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZenBaller For This Post:

Noelle (9th March 2018), Vernaianawa (6th March 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Sorry for not seeing this until now. I hope I answered all of your questions in the PMs. If not, let me know.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Vernaianawa (9th March 2018), ZenBaller (11th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2