+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A storm is coming...

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

Default A storm is coming...

...a Geostorm! The incredibly stupid looking disaster movie from Gerard Butler and Dean Devlin which just got a a new trailer.

I love these tacky disaster movies. This one would make Irwin Allen proud

New trailer here : http://www.geostorm.movie/

Source : http://collider.com/geostorm-new-trailer-gerard-butler/

Am I the only one who love these disaster movies?
    Last edited by Gaia; 10th July 2017 at 17:29.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Baby Steps (11th July 2017), Cidersomerset (10th July 2017), Jean-Marie (10th July 2017), Loren (11th July 2017), Noelle (10th July 2017), tessie999 (11th July 2017), toppy (10th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

Default Re: A storm is coming...

I loved '2012'. The idea of catastrophic crustal shift.

Then I heard from Graham Hancock that the phenomenon was his idea, the script writers got it from him. It got me thinking about the mammoths- flash frozen with summer herbs in their stomachs.

It reminded me of a river trip I was lucky enough to take down the River Ob in Siberia. the river was at the bottom of a tree covered canyon. Like a small u shape( the river) within a large u shape (the canyon). Towns were at the top of the rise. Very unusual topography in that sandy sedimentary soil, there normally you would get a very curvey snake without high banks.

so I thought that perhaps the flow of the river had been perhaps a hundred times greater at some point in the past when some kind of great melt may have taken place...
    Last edited by Baby Steps; 11th July 2017 at 15:51.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Cidersomerset (10th July 2017), Gaia (10th July 2017), tessie999 (11th July 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

Default Re: A storm is coming...

Anyone remember 'towering inferno' or 'the poseidon adventure'? The sixties/early seventies started that disaster flick genre with some doozy stinkers. I had enough of that style of movie in my childhood, always sitting on the edge of your seat worrying about who's gonna die next. I prefer gilligan's island instead. 😁

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Gaia (11th July 2017)

+ Reply to Thread