+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Detoxing: worse before better?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Detoxing: worse before better?

so im detoxing and i feel more depressed and fatigued than ever. i expected the caffeine withdrawal to suck, but this really sucks.

are there more than one kind of withdrawal? do they stack up?

Im not a meth head or anything but i ate fast food for most meals everyday, is there an MSG withdrawal? I feel like my body is punishing me

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bbow73 For This Post:

betoobig (12th July 2017), Bubu (12th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (12th July 2017), RunningDeer (12th July 2017), StandingWave (12th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,307 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Detoxing: worse before better?

I did an 8 day water only fast this past April. By day 6 1/5, the detox pain through my back, lower back, and thighs was unbearable. So I diluted an Advil in 4 oz. of water and sipped 2 T spoons of the mixture. To dilute further, I washed it down with more water. As it turned out, only two doses were needed over the last couple of days.

I was inspired to do the fast after I read “The Pleasure Trap,” by Douglas J. Lisle, Ph.D & Alan Goldhamer, D.C. The two chapters that spelled it out were: Chapter 15: “Fasting Can Save your Life” & Chapter 16: “Show Me the Data”.

Check here for tips and what to except when fasting/detoxing:
    • What is fasting?
    • Preparation for Your Fast
    • Why Fast?
    • Activity Level 
    • Fasting enhances mental acuity
    • Reactions from Fasting
    • Benefits of Fasting
    • Healing Crisis
    • One Day Fast
    • Going off your Fast
    • Water Fasting Tips
    • Weight Loss
    • Juice Fasting

A couple more informational sites:

Healing Crisis
    (The cleansing reaction, the detox reaction, or the Herxheimer reaction.)

During your fast you may enter into a healing crisis, which indicates that a deeply seated sickness is being healed, but also this means that you are going in reverse through the reactions that you went through as your sickness progressed. This is normally a good thing, because it shows that there is a major healing happening, but the downside is that it is not easy to go through because of the uncomfortable reactions that cause pain, etc. If you are feeling quite ill then you should read through the healing reaction article to try to determine if this is what is going on with you or not. It may be advisable to check with your medical professional at this point, to try to determine if you want to continue the fast or not.

full article

Also: Common Detox Symptoms And What They REALLY Mean
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 12th July 2017 at 00:53.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

bbow73 (12th July 2017), betoobig (12th July 2017), Bubu (12th July 2017), Clear Light (16th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (12th July 2017), justntime2learn (12th July 2017), OopsWrongPlanet? (12th July 2017), StandingWave (12th July 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

when I fast I normally add exercise. especially under the sun. Sun seems to give me energy that Im suppose to get from food. And moving the limbs seems to aid in the release of reserves. But that's only me could be different for others. Also makes me unmindful of the detox symptoms that is normally associated with fasting especially when I am into something exciting. Thus i normally time my fast when I climb mountains and the likes. But I do make sure that I have adequate liquid intake and an occasional coconut juice with salt and natural sugar when I felt that fatigue cannot be undone by water alone..

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

bbow73 (12th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (12th July 2017), Lifebringer (12th July 2017), RunningDeer (12th July 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

When detoxing everybody is different. I believe once you go down that path it's much like entering the sea. In that your kicking up all sorts of sediment. So it will maybe take a while for things to settle.

Just make sure you also address detoxing metals. This will help - https://www.rnareset.com/collections...nt=40988597651

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soul Safari For This Post:

bbow73 (12th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (12th July 2017), RunningDeer (12th July 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,648 times in 1,188 posts

It’s normal to suffer fatigue and retracements / flare ups of old ailments as the body adjusts and starts to heal. Everyone is different so can last from a few days to weeks but probably worth it. If you detox on a daily bases as I do you will probably get these symptoms to varying degrees from time to time.

When detoxing you ought to take supplements – say multivitamins and minerals with every meal as a minimum

Dr Wilson is probably one of the best in his field of nutrition and health - http://drlwilson.com/detox_protocols.htm

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

bbow73 (12th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (12th July 2017), RunningDeer (12th July 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

When detoxing, expect things to go unstable and worsen before they get better. Toxins sting twice, once when they enter the body; second when they leave.

The healing crisis is a very necessary part of the healing cycle.
    Go into it with much awareness, observation and minfulness. It can show you a lot about yourself, your emotions and your body. Welcome it, invite it.
    The crisis can give you treasures of insight.

+ Reply to Thread