+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Does karma really exist?

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Does karma really exist?

Hello everyone

i have been thinking alot about this, since i have been through some bad things done by other people and one question goes to my mind, does karma really exists, does it happen to all people? The people that harmed us in some way good or bad, do they have an aftermath, do they suffer the consequences? Because i keep seeing people doing the same mistakes over and over and not caring about the damage that they do to other people, they simple don't care (unfortunately there are bad people in this world) and i don't see and end to it. Will they have the consequences in another lifetime? Thank you.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Pleiades For This Post:

Clear Light (15th July 2017), guayabal (15th July 2017), Hym (15th July 2017), Lifebringer (27th July 2017), neutronstar (14th July 2017), Noelle (15th July 2017), Pam (25th July 2017), Sierra (15th July 2017), Whiskey_Mystic (16th July 2017), white wizard (15th July 2017), Wind (16th July 2017), Zampano (15th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 times in 371 posts

Default Re: Does karma really exist?

Yes, is the short answer. All karma must be balanced, good and bad. You can't have an abundance of either, although it is easier to acquire bad karma because it is about service to self instead of service to others. Much of the bad things that happen to people is about them paying back bad karma, because that is what we tend to build up when we begin our incarnating.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to neutronstar For This Post:

Hym (15th July 2017), justntime2learn (14th July 2017), Noelle (15th July 2017), Sierra (15th July 2017), Wind (15th July 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

Yes, it exists. To me, karma is just cause and effect and inertia. Some who have a lot of negative karma appear to get away with their harmful actions for most of their life, because they can avoid negative repercussions of their actions if they are careful and clever, and those who are the worst ones are usually the most careful and most clever. In some cases, they hide behind secrecy, they hide beyond bodyguards and enforcers, they hide behind lawyers, they hide behind friends in high places. Whatever they can control, they will do that, because they are control freaks. But they can only do that for so long. They can't really escape karma in the long run. If you could see their other incarnations you wouldn't think that they got away with it.
    Last edited by Maunagarjana; 15th July 2017 at 16:33.
    "The total number of minds in the universe is one." - Erwin Schrödinger

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maunagarjana For This Post:

BlueMoon (4th September 2017), happyuk (15th July 2017), Hym (15th July 2017), Michi (16th July 2017), neutronstar (15th July 2017), Sierra (15th July 2017), Wind (15th July 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,525 times in 442 posts

In Eastern spiritual practice, karma yoga was the practice of avoiding new karma by ascribing God to every action, good or bad. In other words, if you cease performing actions from ego, you can avoid creating any new karma. I held a very limited view of the Law of Karma for decades; that every action requires an equal and opposite reaction and that the expression of karma (the reaction) returns us to a state of balance.

But times change and so has our understanding of the universe around and within us.

I now see karma as emotional energy that we deny and fail to express. Emotional energy is magnetic and if the emotion is not expressed and goes into a state of denial, it attracts that which resonates at the same frequency. It attracts its reflection or its mirror from out there in reality. Personal development in the West has adopted this perspective without really understanding the energetic dynamics behind it.

Our denials accumulate. Judgements play a big part in denying our real feelings. And so does guilt. Denials form when we brush aside our real feelings. And society today operates with very limited tolerance for emotional expression which further contributes to the staggering rate of denial that is prevalent in society today. Statements like, "get a grip", "you're losing control", "stop being a cry baby", "let it go", "don't be so emotional", "cool down" and so on all contribute to a culture of denial that dominates society and our consciousness. Pollution is a reflection of our collective denial and all the emotions residing in a state of denial in the collective sub-conscious. Terrorism is a reflection of our unwillingness to ever experience our own fears and terror. Crimes of passion occur when previously denied emotion is triggered to move in a state of denial. The elite's need for power and control is their unwillingness to feel anything at all. All this can be viewed as karma playing itself out, but there is a need to discern the energetics behind the mental definition of what we have come to call karma.
    Our destiny is in our hands. Let us visualise a world of truth, freedom and equality.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Andre For This Post:

Hym (15th July 2017), NancyV (25th July 2017), neutronstar (15th July 2017), PurpleLama (17th July 2017), seko (17th July 2017), Spiral (15th July 2017), TraineeHuman (15th July 2017), Wind (15th July 2017), Zampano (15th July 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 times in 404 posts

It exists until one is fully awakened and one's burden of karma falls away or is burned off. All karma is the result of identifying with a personal self (a sticky attachment to a personal I). When a person's awareness identifies with all of space instead of a localized view, that person lives in the now and there is no longer a need to carry a personal story around. As the Tibetans would say, live fully but don't get attached.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

Clear Light (15th July 2017), Hym (15th July 2017), Justplain (16th July 2017), NancyV (25th July 2017), neutronstar (15th July 2017), Wind (15th July 2017), Zampano (15th July 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

I believe its the law of cause and effect, you reap what you sow, every one of us will live through the effects of our actions both positive and negative... That's my two cents...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Deega (15th July 2017), Eram (17th July 2017), Hym (15th July 2017), Michi (16th July 2017), neutronstar (15th July 2017), Sierra (15th July 2017), Spellbound (15th July 2017), Wind (15th July 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 times in 911 posts

The Path of Living conscientiously in the betterment of all is called Dharma. It is called the Path, the Way. Unconscious living, ignorant and selfish activity, harming yourself or others is called karma.
    Karam...activity...Kaar...Creation....Creating.... Kaa...Creator....I understand the misuse of the word in it's manipulated context, but True Dharma, YOUR Dharma, your conscious activity, is Beneficial for all....There is no karma or recipricol, balancing, attached to it.

Karma, or Sin as religion would call it, is one of the great values, the great equalizers in the lives of almost all humans. It is not a belief, but it is built within the nature of almost all humans. As an example, even the most heartless of psycopaths will judge themselves as deserving recipients of any "karmic imprisonment" during the time of self-judgement at death,, the instantaneous seconds and the days long time of bardo. They will serve themselves the harsh "karmic" balance due in the next lifetime.

(Psycopathy is deeply dependent upon an understanding of cruelty and the intensity of suffering, a vivid series of memories revealed to themselves upon death. To forget that would to be a release of the debt of karma and psycopaths all own their deep and dirty deeds. They needn't be judged after dying, as no one can judge them as instensely as they do themselves with the memories they carry. That is the worst that Karma is measured to be.)

Westerners and easterners influenced by western, colonial, linguistic genocide always seem to complicate the meanings. If it has taken 40 or 50 years for the manipulators of language to convince westerners to lose the contextual truth of the word, then so be it. I understand the manipulation of it's original meaning.

To all of the adepts I know, karma is anything that attaches us to the constant manipulations of the reincarnation cycle of lives, deaths and endless rebirths, valuable life lessons forgotten, intentionally removed between incarnations. We never call a conscious action or a result of good deeds "Good Karma". I laughed when I first heard someone use the phrase "Good Karma" decades ago.

For westerners I would ask them "Are you driving your Car(Kaar) to the destination or is someone else?" "Are you Car-ving, Creating, out the life that you want, or is some imaginary being the sculptor of your life?"

However in the life here, overthinking about good and bad means you haven't looked at your life honestly, that you have not habitually given yourself time to look at your actions and the life influencing it. Thinking is shallow and meditating is unburdened, active perception. It also is a marker that those around you, no matter their personal or professional position, have not given you, or worked with you to have the time to do so. Slow down the activity, the driver, the car,,, and see, as only you can, whether you are living karmically or dharmically.

Remember that judgement at the time of death is rarely a singular activity, even as you judge yourself in your life review. It is entirely fictitious to think that the process of leaving the body is done alone. Only a few have been taught the depth of intervention by those beings and the machinery influencing the soul's consciousness after leaving the body behind. Karma and Dharma are different realities in the life beyond the body.

And don't worry about anyone judging you when you go, because you have been trained to judge yourself and accept whatever is offered....instead of the truth of it all and your inherent right to choose for yourself. After all it is your life, isn't it? Or is it? Just because it is most often a relief to leave the toils of life behind doesn't mean you have lost your consciousness and your inherent rights to move about with your own choices. Take that deep breath while you are living and do it often, whenever you think about it (talking to myself here, also) .

It is truly up to you to understand this while you are alive and to remove the guilt, the sin, the "karma" which severely limits your access to living, both when dead and alive.
    Last edited by Hym; 15th July 2017 at 06:34.

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Quote Posted by Pleiades (here)
    Hello everyone

i have been thinking alot about this, since i have been through some bad things done by other people and one question goes to my mind, does karma really exists, does it happen to all people? The people that harmed us in some way good or bad, do they have an aftermath, do they suffer the consequences? Because i keep seeing people doing the same mistakes over and over and not caring about the damage that they do to other people, they simple don't care (unfortunately there are bad people in this world) and i don't see and end to it. Will they have the consequences in another lifetime? Thank you.
    In answer to your question, I would say "Karma" only really makes sense within a Dharmic context (like Buddhism) and it is related (in a way) to the other Dharmic principles such as "no self", impermanence, emptiness and the "two truths" (Relative / Absolute) ... but generally speaking, it all revolves around the unquestioned assumption that apparently "I am a separate person" !!!

Now this may sound like a heavy burden to come to terms with, but the "good news" (so-to-say) is that your "true nature", the "Nature of Mind" [1] remains untouched, unaffected at all times, it can never be "damaged" / "improved" / "worsened" and all it takes, I suggest, is for the "slight turning around" of the direction of your "mind" to "look within" (at itself) instead of always "looking outwardly" at the apparent phenomenal world / universe ...

I'm probably not doing the topic the justice it deserves but unless "you" truly "take it to heart" the concept of "Karma" will remain just that, as an intellectual "idea", or yet one more "concept" to "think over" ... enough said eh ?

[1] Your "already enlightened awareness"

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Ashy67 (17th July 2017), Catsquotl (16th July 2017), lunaflare (24th July 2017), NancyV (25th July 2017)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

From what I understand, this is the last go around here for some. God simply doesn't want so many that are not "changed from within their hearts and minds. I think there's a limited amount of time for man to exist here, then the earth goes into a cleansing and is redone over good as new, if they don't blow it up first. The Mayan spoke of Baktuns and a limited time in the school of earth to learn tolerance, love, peace and co=existance with nature and the life forms on the planet. This disciplined living of the LAWS keeps planet, life and air healthy, and restores the oils back in the planet by all the decaying bodies done in by cataclysm. At least that's what I heard. Karma is hitting people for deeds done to others is coming a lot faster to make people "learn from their harm or experience." Some are going through it and placing the blame on others because they don't know it's karma.some people just won't admit they are wrong in "anything." Ahhh, the know it all, karma's best buddy. LOL

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Sierra (15th July 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,651 times in 1,409 posts

Quote Posted by Andre (here)
    In Eastern spiritual practice, karma yoga was the practice of avoiding new karma by ascribing God to every action, good or bad. In other words, if you cease performing actions from ego, you can avoid creating any new karma. I held a very limited view of the Law of Karma for decades; that every action requires an equal and opposite reaction and that the expression of karma (the reaction) returns us to a state of balance.

But times change and so has our understanding of the universe around and within us.

I now see karma as emotional energy that we deny and fail to express. Emotional energy is magnetic and if the emotion is not expressed and goes into a state of denial, it attracts that which resonates at the same frequency. It attracts its reflection or its mirror from out there in reality. Personal development in the West has adopted this perspective without really understanding the energetic dynamics behind it.

Our denials accumulate. Judgements play a big part in denying our real feelings. And so does guilt. Denials form when we brush aside our real feelings. And society today operates with very limited tolerance for emotional expression which further contributes to the staggering rate of denial that is prevalent in society today. Statements like, "get a grip", "you're losing control", "stop being a cry baby", "let it go", "don't be so emotional", "cool down" and so on all contribute to a culture of denial that dominates society and our consciousness. Pollution is a reflection of our collective denial and all the emotions residing in a state of denial in the collective sub-conscious. Terrorism is a reflection of our unwillingness to ever experience our own fears and terror. Crimes of passion occur when previously denied emotion is triggered to move in a state of denial. The elite's need for power and control is their unwillingness to feel anything at all. All this can be viewed as karma playing itself out, but there is a need to discern the energetics behind the mental definition of what we have come to call karma.
    I agree with the first half of this post, it explains why the criminal elite seem to side step "karma", as they are sociopaths they have no emotional response or feelings of guilt for the crimes they commit, and therefore no "payback".

Emotional energy is key to a lot of the stranger aspects of being human, and for some reason it goes largely untalked about, and unstudied...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Sierra (15th July 2017)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Of course it does, otherwise the game of life would have no point. It is up to each individual to aknowledge the responsibility of their actions. Then again, there are many aspects to life which remain mysterious and somewhat unknown to us. It is comforting for me to know that in the end each and everyone of us will get exactly what they deserve although at times the world seems unjust and good people to seem to suffer more. Some seem to have more "easy" lives and meanwhile others can have horrible lives filled with suffering. Often all of that relates to to the choices of the soul, it's evolution and a divine plan which can be very hard to understand from the human viewpoint...

Once you have evolved enough in your path and have truly self-realized what you are and what you're not, reincarnation will become obsolete. Meanwhile, we all just keep on playing the game. Treat others with kindness, respect and love instead of acting out from the ego. The key to freedom can be found from within the heart.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Post:

PurpleLama (17th July 2017)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    From what I understand, this is the last go around here for some. God simply doesn't want so many that are not "changed from within their hearts and minds. I think there's a limited amount of time for man to exist here, then the earth goes into a cleansing and is redone over good as new, if they don't blow it up first. The Mayan spoke of Baktuns and a limited time in the school of earth to learn tolerance, love, peace and co=existance with nature and the life forms on the planet. This disciplined living of the LAWS keeps planet, life and air healthy, and restores the oils back in the planet by all the decaying bodies done in by cataclysm. At least that's what I heard. Karma is hitting people for deeds done to others is coming a lot faster to make people "learn from their harm or experience." Some are going through it and placing the blame on others because they don't know it's karma.some people just won't admit they are wrong in "anything." Ahhh, the know it all, karma's best buddy. LOL
    The Hopis say the same thing. We are the last generation before humans are split to continue their incarnations with their like. Those who seek to do no harm move as a group, and the service-to-selves, haters, controllers etc. get to live with each other. Now that sounds like karma to me.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

happyuk (15th July 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member white wizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,057 times in 267 posts

Yes but you can resolve it in this lifetime if you know what you are doing and not all beings of the universe are bound by karma it's way to experience that you sign up for. There are beings on this planet who do not accumulate it, because they have different soul contracts but it's very rare for someone on this planet to not be involed in a karma cycle. Usually the beings not accumulating it have special missions here.
    Last edited by white wizard; 15th July 2017 at 13:30.
    knowledge is key to wisdom as is in keeping an open mind is essential for opening new doors

you once kept closed .

25. The Following User Says Thank You to white wizard For This Post:

Michi (16th July 2017)

26. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Yes, I think it exists but you have to be careful of the conclusions you draw from it. For example, Pleides, because you are being hurt by nasty people who simply don't care does NOT mean, necessarily, that your receiving payback for doing similar things in a former or other life. It might, but there is no certainty there.

This is where people get tripped up. There is no one to one causal relationship, between what we suffer here and what we did to 'deserve,' it in another life.

People who feel this way, have a punitive frame of mind, where they can end up withholding help from others because they don't want to 'interfere in their karma.' Thought there is something to be said for backing away from those who seem hell bent on self destruction, lest you become part of their collateral damage!

Compassion is the greatest part of the Karmic exercise. Withholding help, is withholding compassion, most often. Those who we help are partaking in the karma of 'feeling love' and possibly for the first time. That can FREE them. And giving it freely, can FREE us. And that is what it might be all about. I like to meld what I feel is the best of what Christ taught to the teachings of compassion, contained in Buddhist doctrine.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Clear Light (15th July 2017), Jay Freeman (26th July 2017), Whiskey_Mystic (16th July 2017), Wind (15th July 2017)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,035 times in 786 posts

I didn't put much stock into Karma until a few things forced me to reassess my position.

1 Eating babies and raping children by the elite is part of their reality.
    2. They will do EVERYTHING in their power to prolong their mortal lives to AVOID the eternal karmic damnation they will eventually face

So....essentially I expect karma exists in this lifetime and others. It is an inescapable part of our reality.

29. Link to Post #16
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,243 times in 942 posts

Karma is the cumulative effects of past actions, from this or previous lifetimes, both good and bad.

Karma is from the Sanskrit kri, to do. I think that a good understanding of the law of karma goes a long way to freeing individuals from a lot of resentment against God and man and blaming others in general.

Even though God made us in His image, no two people are alike; each has used his own free will to make something different of himself. This is why some people suffer for the slightest reason. Others become angry at the least provocation. Others eat and drink endlessly with no self-control. Did God make them that way? No. God must watch in amazement this mass of human beings, blaming Him because they have a headache or are in some kind of trouble. Too many people misinterpret the meaning of karma, adopting a fatalistic attitude, and do nothing to self-improve.

30. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

I bet this lady will soon be able to tell you -

All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Catsquotl (16th July 2017)

32. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by white wizard (here)
    Yes but you can resolve it in this lifetime if you know what you are doing and not all beings of the universe are bound by karma it's way to experience that you sign up for. There are beings on this planet who do not accumulate it, because they have different soul contracts but it's very rare for someone on this planet to not be involed in a karma cycle. Usually the beings not accumulating it have special missions here.
    Thank you for answering What do you mean by not all beings are bounded by karma? What do you mean by these beings having special missions? How do we get rid of karma?

33. Link to Post #19
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 times in 438 posts

Quote Posted by Pleiades (here)
    Quote Posted by white wizard (here)
    Thank you for answering What do you mean by not all beings are bounded by karma? What do you mean by these beings having special missions? How do we get rid of karma?
    @ Pleiades
    While I am not White Wizard, I dare to answer your question with referring to an article by Cameron Day at: http://www.ascensionhelp.com/blog/20...-light-worker/

Cheers, Michael
    Last edited by Michi; 16th July 2017 at 21:24.
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

34. Link to Post #20
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

It depends. Karma basically is the dynamics between a cause and an effect.
    I'd like to think of it only in the very small. I stub my toe, pain comes into being.
    As for Karma spanning lifetimes.. It may, but I don't believe it does.

I thing what the Buddha referred to in his teachings is when at the end of your life there is a longing left. That longing will become manifest in a life which results from that longing. That doesn't mean it is a future you, just that the intent that came with the longing originated with you.

If I were to kill someone, I would have a hard time living with that for a very long time. Hence I suffer from my karma.
    If I weren't such an emotional sob and wouldn't think twice about killing someone. Then that particular karma would have no adverse effects what so ever. Well maybe jail time if I got caught.

Try to think of karma and reincarnation as separate concepts. they don't necessarily have anything to do with each other.

With Love
    Eelco

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

PurpleLama (17th July 2017), seko (17th July 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast