Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does karma really exist?

1. Link to Post #21
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

Default Re: Does karma really exist?

Karma is equally simple and complex.
    The easy part is that it exists and you're influencing it every microsecond.
    The good thing about this is that you can put it to your favour in acting, thinking and speaking only positiv and with a good heart.
    Now we come to the difficult part, where you're really screwed up.
    Karma is nothing else than the balance of action and reaction.
    Everything you do, either thought, act or speech has a direct influence on your life.
    Sometimes when you get sick, have some pain, someone treats you bad. - this is old karma from a former life. If you use this experience in order to accept this karma with out fighting it,
    It'll be purified and you're free of this one.
    The longer it takes for your negative karma to rise, the harder it will be to get rid of it.
    Some Karma is so strong, that you will loose your life right away or get a very serios illness.
    The Buddha said. If you like to know which karma you have from your past lifes look at your actual live and sitiuation.
    If you want to kow your future karma look at your acts.

Quote Posted by Pleiades (here)
    Hello everyone

i have been thinking alot about this, since i have been through some bad things done by other people and one question goes to my mind, does karma really exists, does it happen to all people? The people that harmed us in some way good or bad, do they have an aftermath, do they suffer the consequences? Because i keep seeing people doing the same mistakes over and over and not caring about the damage that they do to other people, they simple don't care (unfortunately there are bad people in this world) and i don't see and end to it. Will they have the consequences in another lifetime? Thank you.

P.S.
    Bad behaving people will look as nothing can happen to them, but due to their ignorance it will backfire very badly and strong. Just ignore them, forgive them and pray for them. Gives you a good future karma
    Last edited by Michael Moewes; 16th July 2017 at 18:48.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michael Moewes For This Post:

lunaflare (24th July 2017), PurpleLama (18th July 2017), Whiskey_Mystic (16th July 2017), Wind (16th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Does Karma exist?

If you put your hand into a burning flame, your skin will start to blister.

If you water and nourish your plan every day with the right amount of skills, the plant will flourish.

If you train to be an athlete all day long, ... every day, you can excel in the discipline that you train for.

If you feel completely happy and feel like shouting it from the rooftops, the smile you that you have on your face will extend to all the faces that see your smile.

If you hate life and have done everything in your power to pull back from it, your friends will stop calling you.

Karma is simple the result of cause and effect, played out in a reality, with laws and settings that we have little knowledge about yet.

Many people associate karma with some sort of "pay back" to evil deeds, but it works both ways in reality.
    The "pay back" is in fact the way that we learn by.
    Suffering is our master teacher.
    A lesson in a book is not enough.
    We have to experience it for ourselves and suffer the consequences in order to really understand the lesson.

We can sow good reaping though.
    An act of true kindness for instance.
    Or an act of self sacrifice in order to for good (All parent get to know this principle all too well).

Some Karma is experienced rapidly.
    Much Karma is experienced over the course of hundreds of lifetimes.

Karma is the law of cause and effect in action, in order for the soul to learn and grow.
    hylozoic tenet: “Consciousness sleeps in the stone, dreams in the plant, awakens in the animal, and becomes self-conscious in man.”

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

lunaflare (24th July 2017), PurpleLama (17th July 2017), Whiskey_Mystic (16th July 2017), Wind (16th July 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 times in 438 posts

Quote Posted by Eram (here)
    We have to experience it for ourselves and suffer the consequences in order to really understand the lesson.

[/B]
    BS - I second this!

Suffering and pain is a construct created to enslave beings!

Plus it has been implanted to man that this is a needed mechanism to learn and grow.

I really can't hear this anymore. Please study what is the real history of man.
    One very good place to start at are the ebooks of PA member TrumanCash

So, please ...
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

Flash (17th July 2017), Iloveyou (18th July 2017), lunaflare (24th July 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,581 times in 1,719 posts

What if karma does not exist and was a fabrication of the 'religion' manipulators?
    I've come to realize we need to seriously examine all religions as I no longer trust any thing they say.

Think about it and do not answer immediately. I'd be interested in anything you have to say.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Iloveyou (18th July 2017), Jay Freeman (26th July 2017), lunaflare (24th July 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Lots of opinions on the nature of karma.

For me, the biggest misconception is that karma rewards and punishes. Karma does not judge. It simply flows to rebalance. It is a natural balancing mechanism of the universe. Think of it like the ocean. If you take water away from the ocean, it flows to fill the space. If you add to the ocean, it moves to accomodate. It is that natural and also that indifferent.

Not the best metaphor, but I hope it makes sense. The good and bad judgement with punishment and reward reminds me of monotheism, which is perhaps why many westerners automatically think of it that way.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Catsquotl (17th July 2017), East Sun (17th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (16th July 2017), Iloveyou (18th July 2017), lunaflare (24th July 2017), neutronstar (19th July 2017), Omi (27th July 2017), PurpleLama (17th July 2017), Wind (18th July 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,700 times in 8,940 posts

I can't agree more

One learns love through being loved, not through being battered.

Hardship, if through love, brings resilience and strenghtens the person. Too much of hardship, without love, hardens the person and makes her stiff (a common result of PTSD). Like a wrestler who trains constantly to strenghten the body, hardship can strenghten the spirit. Harship here means sweating for one's objectives, not necessarily being thrown into hell.

I have noticed that people who had no harship at all are often quite weak mentally and spiritually. However, people with no love shared are usually hardened. Love is essential in all endeaviours to remain balanced.

Quote Posted by devplan (here)

[/B]
    BS - I second this!

Suffering and pain is a construct created to enslave beings!

Plus it has been implanted to man that this is a needed mechanism to learn and grow.

I really can't hear this anymore. Please study what is the real history of man.
    One very good place to start at are the ebooks of PA member TrumanCash

So, please ...
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Iloveyou (18th July 2017), Jay Freeman (26th July 2017), lunaflare (24th July 2017), Michi (17th July 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

I have come to think, not of karma and reincarnation, rather I think of things in terms of the endless being of Universe expressing itself in manifold ways. The reality one experiences is the other half of the one who experiences, and every moment that which is being experienced is attempting to communicate with that which is experiencing. If one accounts for the communication, one need not worry for good or bad karma, every action facilitates growth. Accounting for the evil elite taking advantage of the uninitiated, one can appreciate that what communication of which they may not be cognizant could be offering every moment an opportunity to flip their concepts of what is correct to something which may be more in alignment with the manner of Universe. Therefore, it would be the least developed, the most handicapped, which would choose a path of easy materiality.

Mark 10:25 It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven.
    Last edited by PurpleLama; 17th July 2017 at 13:06.

14. Link to Post #28
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,586 times in 713 posts

My interpretation is this (from my understanding of Bashar),

In the beginning there is only you. In the end there is only you. That is why you are god. There is no difference before and after the creation. The others you see and experience are actually reflections of you, like through myriads of mirrors. Therefore, when you do good or bad things to others, the energy of your action has nowhere to go, but to come back or reflected upon yourself.

Karma gives a direct experience of the effects of an output of your conscious mind, in the form of emotional consequences. This creates a very effective way of learning through which the soul can advance.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

Anchor (30th July 2017), lunaflare (24th July 2017)

16. Link to Post #29
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

It's funny how people try to escape their Karma by ignoring it. This has nothing to do with doctrine but with a healthy and logic mind.
    And @devplan. you look psychopathic to me. writing in big dark red letters and the sound of your words bring me to this closure.

17. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,651 times in 1,409 posts

I'm worried that if I say "No", I'll get karma for it

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

PurpleLama (17th July 2017)

19. Link to Post #31
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

It depends if you're talking about suffering as a consequence of bad decisions - which can be changed any moment in life, in the course of becoming wiser, more experienced, 'enlightened' - and can't be avoided at the current moment apparently, also seems to be quite helpful.

Or if you're talking about suffering as a fundamental principle or tool for personal growth. I guess you've meant the former?

20. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Karma is the future pulling you forward. All energies, intentions, thoughts, ideas of today send out a message to God, to the Universe on how to unfold tomorrow, and how we'll perceive it. Surrender now! You can't fight the Universe.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

21. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,358 times in 436 posts

Thanks for all the posts. It is a mighty topic.

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Karma is the future pulling you forward. All energies, intentions, thoughts, ideas of today send out a message to God, to the Universe on how to unfold tomorrow, and how we'll perceive it. Surrender now! You can't fight the Universe.
    Then...can this also be seen as Fate?
    As I see it, we are steered consciously, and more often unconsciously, in our lives.
    Perhaps the objective is to develop an awareness that allows us to become conscious players in our life script.

I am reminded of the Wheel of Fortune card in a tarot deck; we are contained in a wheel which has its own momentum/trajectory. There are seasons, cycles and constant changes. Within this wheel, however, we create choice and experience.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to lunaflare For This Post:

conk (26th July 2017)

23. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by lunaflare (here)
    Thanks for all the posts. It is a mighty topic.

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Then...can this also be seen as Fate?
    As I see it, we are steered consciously, and more often unconsciously, in our lives.
    Perhaps the objective is to develop an awareness that allows us to become conscious players in our life script.

I am reminded of the Wheel of Fortune card in a tarot deck; we are contained in a wheel which has its own momentum/trajectory. There are seasons, cycles and constant changes. Within this wheel, however, we create choice and experience.
    Indeed this is fate, God's plan. Anything up to this very moment is set in stone, fate. The future is malleable and can be influenced by intense focus and intention. Our intentions are not the only energy at work, however, so sometimes the other influences overcome our desire. We should always focus on what we want, actually be that as if it were already manifest. If no other energy conflicts with our desire, then we get what we pray for. Sometimes our desire is not in concert with the higher good. The way we act, the way we think, even the way we pretend or fantasize is our living prayer. (see my signature)
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

24. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

lunaflare (26th July 2017)

25. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member Jay Freeman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Yes, I think it exists but you have to be careful of the conclusions you draw from it. For example, Pleides, because you are being hurt by nasty people who simply don't care does NOT mean, necessarily, that your receiving payback for doing similar things in a former or other life. It might, but there is no certainty there.

This is where people get tripped up. There is no one to one causal relationship, between what we suffer here and what we did to 'deserve,' it in another life.

People who feel this way, have a punitive frame of mind, where they can end up withholding help from others because they don't want to 'interfere in their karma.' Thought there is something to be said for backing away from those who seem hell bent on self destruction, lest you become part of their collateral damage!

Compassion is the greatest part of the Karmic exercise. Withholding help, is withholding compassion, most often. Those who we help are partaking in the karma of 'feeling love' and possibly for the first time. That can FREE them. And giving it freely, can FREE us. And that is what it might be all about. I like to meld what I feel is the best of what Christ taught to the teachings of compassion, contained in Buddhist doctrine.
    Although there were other good responses here, this one really nailed it as far as I am concerned. I am so tired of people insinuating that I brought on certain things that have happened in my life. That's like saying a girl asked to be raped or an innocent baby deserved to be born with autism. Nothing could be further from the truth. Also, what would be the point of cosmic payback from some former life that no one even remembers? That just does not make sense to me.

It has also occurred to me that if karma is indeed a reality, then unless I'm missing something, there is never any escaping it because as far as I know, there are no perfect people. So everyone works to pay off his karmic debt, but at the same time is collecting more that he has to come back again to work off again? That's like one step forward and two steps back, and it seems to me that would be a never-ending cycle with no escape. So the way I look at it is to simply do my best and not worry about what happens or doesn't happen after that. We are so easily distracted from simply living life!
    “The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life.” ~Vasudev

26. Link to Post #36
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

Hi Pleides, I have literally just joined Avalon. I have no doubt the answer is yes. I make that assessment from personal experience and having regressed others to past lives. I facilitate past life regressions, have been regressed myself and I have had spontaneous past life memories surface, relevant to this life. The regressions focus on what lessons are brought through to this life. The answers all revolve around Karma.When I moved overseas, a nearby location to the house I bought triggered a past life memory there.

Yes, it happens to all people. You may think you have gotten the sharp end of the stick this time around, but chances are, you will have been on the other end or that stick in one past life or more. You may have done that to that person who is doing it to you, and your lesson might be to see how your actions in another life feel from the receiving end. The main thing is, if you do get a past life regression, and remembered, you realize it is a cycle you did not create in this lifetime, but a result of a bunch of stuff you chose to learn in this life. Seems unfair but folk tend to breath a sigh of relief when they realize that. It is rather like being dropped into a Hunger Games scenario. They may seem polar opposites, but both demand you follow the program. There is a certain amount that is going to be programmed into that life, and then the interesting part is about how you deal with it. Just like The Hunger Games, that is what is unpredictable. Like you say, it is rather difficult to exit no matter what you do. I have no idea if that is possible, really.

You wonder what you did to deserve it, but quite frankly, it is all part of the program as far as I can see, and it makes it easier to swallow if you play by the rules, no matter how unfair they may seem. Also, if you imagine it this way. Today, your life begins when you wake up, and ends when you fall asleep. Each day previous is another life. Each day, each life, you do not remember the last. So imagine if you woke up this morning and you did not know there were any yesterdays, and someone mistreats you today. You wonder how you came to be in a situation for that to occur. You wonder what you did to deserve that. When you have a past life regression, you get to remember relevant "clips" of yesterdays that relate to today. Suddenly, you no longer feel victimized. You remember how you got to this point. You understand the role of the players in this life that were also present in those other lives. The stories continue on from one lifetime to another, like chapters in a book. You reverse roles, you change sexes, time periods, sometimes cultures, you work through the same issues, and you move onto another when the lesson, whatever that is for that life is learned, to the next lesson.

It is not so much about what happens to you, as to how you respond. If you can take the best lessons from an experience, and move on in the best, positive way you can, then you can move on to the next lesson. That does not mean you should be a doormat. Part of it might mean that you remove yourself from that situation and do what is best for you without harming another. It might mean standing up for your rights. Make sure you are not tempted to repeat the same experience if at all possible, although you may not get a choice in the matter, and try not to harbor negative feelings towards that person. Know they will get what they deserve in the future, some time. Focus on your future, not them, or you will be spending more time with them in the future than you need to. It is not meant to be a punishment as such (apparently), but a way of experiencing all there is to experience.

Although it is a little tough to follow, Cloud Atlas, the movie, is all about reincarnation. Note the same key players in each lifetimes playing different roles, and they progress as time passes. I can't say I am overly fond of the rules of engagement, and I do think about who might be at the control panel, but it is what it is. This is not the generic version of the reason we have karma. Most regression facilitators I think, would say it is the divine plan to help us grow and return to source. I simply think there is more to it than that, but my thoughts diverge a bit from the norm. Each person looks at the same thing from their own perspective. From their own angle. Mine is just my perspective. It does not mean it is what really is. Not sure anyone knows what really is, we can just speculate.

Hope that helps Pleides.
    Last edited by findingneo; 27th July 2017 at 10:10. Reason: Request for paragraphs.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

lunaflare (26th July 2017)

28. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,358 times in 436 posts

Welcome findingneo.

I found your entire post insightful and wise.
    Especially resonated with this...

It is not so much about what happens to you, as to how you respond. If you can take the best lessons from an experience, and move on in the best, positive way you can, then you can move on to the next lesson. That does not mean you should be a doormat. Part of it might mean that you remove yourself from that situation and do what is best for you without harming another.

In future can you please arrange your thoughts into paragraphs so your post is easier to read?

Many thanks...

29. Link to Post #38
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

Thanks lunaflare. Point noted. Will do. (Paragraphs now inserted.
    Last edited by findingneo; 27th July 2017 at 10:11.

30. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Yep. Just went to sleep on that with my daughter. She's in from TX, anyway the 1st born tell you what to do stuff" is rampant in her even at my age. Regardless, she's doubting my hubby of 17 years fedelity and gender, which is p0issing me off, because i as a domestic violence survivor DON'T WANT A THUG mentality in my life to keep the peace. My husband was the last in the home born, and 3 women and one brother raised him. Now, here's the "karma:. She just got married and found out her hubby who's caucasian, dabbles in that way. I who have had to hear this since 2004, said maybe it's karma for thinking as you do about my husband. She blew a cog, but she's okay. I've been trying to wake her up for a minute now. She popped up without calling know how she feels about our relationship, and after a few drinks, brought it up again, and I just said: "
    well, time to go to bed to my husband and left her outside to talk to no. 2 child/Son. She's always been jealous of him and called him a Momma's boy. she's always been a bully and I told her. She pushes until someone stops her or just vacates altogether. I love my grandchildren (4) but this gets on my nerves and should be a small wonder to her, as to why i DON'T visit her in TX. Last time they had me at their house, a mother daughter help me decorate get to know each other again after 10 years. Ha! I felt like a hostage for 2 weeks unable to leave when she started her drama sessions. This time, I just said my goodnite, and went to bed.
    PS "we are in end of days, karma will hit them within a week.

31. Link to Post #40
    China Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thanks for asking, giving me chance to think about it again.
    I believe Karma exists. There are so many examples about this, peoples see the aftermath this life or next life. The bad people you see now, maybe a good person last life and get revenge to those who hurted him last life. All good or bad changes depends on our conscience.
    To know more about this, I think we need to know who we are, why we are here, what is our purpose of life. What is Life ? What kind of lives should we live?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast