+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thomas W Campbell, Schrödinger's cat, consciousness, and the double-slit experiment

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 640 posts

Default Thomas W Campbell, Schrödinger's cat, consciousness, and the double-slit experiment

I find this guy very interesting, and confusing ...

Thomas W. Campbell (b. 1944, physicist), consciousness researcher and proponent of the simulation argument

He is refering to the Double-slit experiment ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment ) and the old " is the cat in the box dead or not" mindplay.

Does observing matter change the way matter behaves?

What is your thoughts ?

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

Baby Steps (15th July 2017), Basho (15th July 2017), Ben (15th July 2017), Bluegreen (15th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th July 2017), genevieve (15th July 2017), Jad (15th July 2017), Noelle (15th July 2017), RunningDeer (16th July 2017), sdv (16th July 2017), Spiral (16th July 2017), toppy (15th July 2017), william r sanford72 (15th July 2017), Zampano (15th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Default Re: Thomas W Campbell, Schrödinger's cat, consciousness, and the double-slit experiment

Thanks for posting this, Rawhide68! What I take from it is that our Belief Systems are what "box us in". Apparently, that's why people who learn how to operate outside our fixed belief systems can do what appears to be "magic". They CAN rearrange their molecules so as to be able to put their fist through a wall without damaging either! We each see "reality" through our own little peephole & make the mistake of allowing someone else to dictate to us what our "reality" IS! Excellent statement that "consciousness is fundamental"!

I remember Inelia stating that before she entered a human body she could "see" in 360 so had trouble learning to walk because it was like seeing through two little pin holes! What we inhabit is only a tiny bit of the Totality & our mistake is assuming this is all there is to it!

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Basho (15th July 2017), Jad (15th July 2017), kfm27917 (9th January 2023), Noelle (15th July 2017), Rawhide68 (16th July 2017), RunningDeer (16th July 2017), Spiral (20th July 2017), Tintin (17th July 2017), william r sanford72 (15th July 2017), wnlight (15th July 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 times in 1,632 posts

Default Re: Thomas W Campbell, Schrödinger's cat, consciousness, and the double-slit experiment

I like Tom Campbell. I think his ideas are worth considering, but he can be difficult to follow because he uses a lot of scientific jargon. I've read bits and pieces of his "My Big Toe" (MBT) book and listened to many of his presentations and interviews. In making sense of this theory, I found this review helpful.

Here's a snippet from the MBT review on how we can use our consciousness (via focused intent) in our approach to medical problems.

(PMR=physical matter reality=our 3D reality)

In spite of the apparently unyielding nature of the PMR rule-set, beliefs do have an influence on PMR “matter”. For instance, if we suspect we have a medical problem, it is better to work on it using our Intent to effect positive thinking and healing before informing too many others that we think we are ill; the more people who believe we are ill, the more the probability is “fixed”, the less likely we can interrupt the flow of PMR causality and stop the illness developing, and the less easy it will be to self-cure.

Tom does not mean this to be taken as advice not to see your doctor; it is just that probabilities develop and become clearer with experience and belief, just as the approaching tree becomes more detailed in the video game. The lower the PMR probability, the easier it is to alter it with your intent, which for most of us on Earth is not highly developed. However, those of us who have a high QoC, or strongly focused intent, are more likely to be able to affect and change even causally probable PMR outcomes (subject to any disrupting effect by the Psi Uncertainty Principle).
    [/I]

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Basho (15th July 2017), Ben (15th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th July 2017), genevieve (17th July 2017), kfm27917 (9th January 2023), Rawhide68 (16th July 2017), RunningDeer (16th July 2017), Spiral (20th July 2017), Tintin (17th July 2017), william r sanford72 (15th July 2017), wnlight (15th July 2017), Zampano (15th July 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Morocco Avalon Member
    Thanks

If you're interested in Tom Campbell's material, you might also want to check out Anthony Peake.

Here is an excellent, older interview with both men on red ice radio
    ISness is my business..

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Basho For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th July 2017), Noelle (15th July 2017), Rawhide68 (16th July 2017), RunningDeer (16th July 2017), Spiral (20th July 2017), william r sanford72 (15th July 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,230 times in 233 posts

My main experiences of altering 'reality' have involved cloud moving using unwavering intent.

The most spectacular incident of this was when myself and a few friends went to camp out on the beautiful shores of Loch Lomond, with the intent of witnessing a lunar eclipse.

We arrived at our chosen spot, set up a really good camp with a roaring fire and wind block made of fir branches which were stacked up by our camp.

The weather was totally against our chances of viewing the eclipse however (the darkest of dark clouds as far as the eye could see, and very windy).

Then one of our company said, oh, it must be time for the eclipse, having looked at his watch. As we looked up at the never ending black clouds passing over, they simply parted like cinema curtains do just as the main feature begins. The wind was still strong yet the clouds stayed parted, as if in stasis, for the duration of the eclipse.

Then, just as the eclipse was finished, the clouds drew together, again curtain like, and it was back to constant dark clouds.

What a magical experince, and it seems to me the whole event happened through a combination of our unwavering intent to see it, but also the universe reaching out to, and interacting with that intent.

Was an incredeible and joyous experience to say the least.

As a side note, 3 of our group where conciously aware that during the whole evening, we were surrounded by beings of light. Faeries we thought. It was like they were joining in on our adventure.

Anyone elese had similar experiences?

I'd love to hear of any.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ben For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th July 2017), kfm27917 (9th January 2023), Noelle (15th July 2017), Rawhide68 (16th July 2017), RunningDeer (16th July 2017), sanma (16th July 2017), Spiral (20th July 2017), william r sanford72 (15th July 2017), Zampano (15th July 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by helluvahat (here)
    My main experiences of altering 'reality' have involved cloud moving using unwavering intent.

The most spectacular incident of this was when myself and a few friends went to camp out on the beautiful shores of Loch Lomond, with the intent of witnessing a lunar eclipse.

We arrived at our chosen spot, set up a really good camp with a roaring fire and wind block made of fir branches which were stacked up by our camp.

The weather was totally against our chances of viewing the eclipse however (the darkest of dark clouds as far as the eye could see, and very windy).

Then one of our company said, oh, it must be time for the eclipse, having looked at his watch. As we looked up at the never ending black clouds passing over, they simply parted like cinema curtains do just as the main feature begins. The wind was still strong yet the clouds stayed parted, as if in stasis, for the duration of the eclipse.

Then, just as the eclipse was finished, the clouds drew together, again curtain like, and it was back to constant dark clouds.

What a magical experince, and it seems to me the whole event happened through a combination of our unwavering intent to see it, but also the universe reaching out to, and interacting with that intent.

Was an incredeible and joyous experience to say the least.

As a side note, 3 of our group where conciously aware that during the whole evening, we were surrounded by beings of light. Faeries we thought. It was like they were joining in on our adventure.

I'd love to hear of any.
    I remember reading somewhere how Robert Monroe had taken a group of people outside during one of his consciousness research projects; and through their collective focused intent, they manifested light in the night sky (not the whole sky).

I'm nearly convinced that collective consciousness caused last summer's Cat. 5 Hurricane Matthew to wobble just enough away from Central Florida's coastline to spare the area from complete devastation. I live in the area where it made landfall, and boy was I meditating it away from us. A lot of people were praying for it to go away. The wobble away from us came just moments before landfall too.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Ben (15th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th July 2017), kfm27917 (9th January 2023), Rawhide68 (16th July 2017), RunningDeer (16th July 2017), Spiral (20th July 2017), william r sanford72 (16th July 2017), wnlight (15th July 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Thanks Lady M for your thoughts about power of mind.

I have actually managed to bend a spoon Uri Geller type of way, it happened not when I was trying hard to do it , but several days later doing the washing up dishes, while holding the spoon in my left hand and the brush in my right, it kind of withered like a flower in my hand.

Interesting that spoonbending was also included in the Matrix film.
    Last edited by Rawhide68; 16th July 2017 at 11:50.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

Ben (27th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (16th July 2017), Noelle (16th July 2017), RunningDeer (16th July 2017), Spiral (20th July 2017), william r sanford72 (16th July 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Thanks Basho, it helped me a lot. really

Henrik Palmgren and his Red ice Radio have been a good place for getting inspiration for me allways focusing on interesting subjects,
    unfortunately nowdays NOT making any research in Avalon related subjects. focused on nationalism as a fight against the new world order ?
    anyway its crap nowdays. Henrik must have he´s reasons, lets just hope its not to make money.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (16th July 2017), Noelle (16th July 2017), Spiral (20th July 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Rawhide68 (here)
    Thanks Lady M for your thoughts about power of mind.

I have actually managed to bend a spoon Uri Geller type of way, it happened not when I was trying hard to do it, but several days later doing the washing up dishes, while holding the spoon in my left hand and the brush in my right, it kind of withered like a flower in my hand.

Interesting that spoonbending was also included in the Matrix film.
    Bill has a thread called “Spoonbending (how to!)”.

Here’s my spoon.

Here's where I bent it back with a slight bump.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 27th July 2017 at 23:38.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (16th July 2017), kfm27917 (9th January 2023), Noelle (16th July 2017), Rawhide68 (16th July 2017), Spiral (20th July 2017), william r sanford72 (16th July 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I'd love to hear of any.
    Quote Posted by LadyM (here)
    I remember reading somewhere how Robert Monroe had taken a group of people outside during one of his consciousness research projects; and through their collective focused intent, they manifested light in the night sky (not the whole sky).
    Back in 1972, I took a seminar called, “Silva Mind Control”. I’ve added some accounts and techniques below. In summary, it’s not magical. It was about changing my limited belief system, expanding knowledge and understanding. Really, you don’t need to take the seminar because the book has all the techniques.

We learned how to zap clouds and I went on to show kids how to zap them. You just visualize them gone. In the case where there’s a lot of cloud cover, just zap a hole in them. The kids not only accomplished it, but went home to teach their parents.

My son, Michael, was about 10 months old when I finished the seminar. He was born with a growth near the corner of his eye. I used one of the healing techniques which was simply see it not there. I forgot about it until a couple of days later. It was gone. Only one application was needed.

There were several methods to use when something is misplaced. I emptied the mind and see the object. Then I zoomed out for a larger perspective. The second technique was to say, “It’ll show itself soon”. It worked because I’ve reprogramed my belief. The third method was before I went to sleep, I'd program myself to recall where it was upon awaking. That was then. Now, I simply see it in my mind.

Another technique was how to detect trouble spots in the body. To practice we paired up. One person provided the person’s name and state they lived in. The name on the card was “Joshua”. Before his name was spoken, I began to have trouble sitting up. I felt dizzy and like I was choking. My tongue got in the way when I tried to talk.

Then, I applied the helmet technique. Which was to put an energetic helmet of Joshua over my head. A visual popped up. He was a little boy about 4 who was mentally challenged, with poor balance. I picked up that there were things he wanted to say but it was frustrating to him that he couldn’t express. I had a sense that there were great ideas locked up. But by that point I stopped because I felt like I was making up a story.

The information provided after I finished was that Joshua was 4 or 5 years old (I’ve forgotten his age) and he was mentally challenged. Today, I wouldn’t use the helmet technique. Now, I scan the body.

None of the above is magical. It’s what we all can do. It’s simply about increase the knowledge base, overhaul the belief system and practice. I also keep the techniques simple.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 18th October 2023 at 11:17.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Ben (27th July 2017), fourty-two (22nd July 2017), Foxie Loxie (16th July 2017), kfm27917 (9th January 2023), Noelle (16th July 2017), Rawhide68 (16th July 2017), Spiral (20th July 2017), william r sanford72 (16th July 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)

I'd love to hear of any.
    Quote Posted by LadyM (here)
    Back in 1972, I took a seminar called, “Silva Mind Control”. I’ve added some accounts and techniques below. In summary, it’s not magical. It was about changing my limited belief system, expanding knowledge and understanding. Really, you don’t need to take the seminar because the book has all the techniques.

We learned how to zap clouds and I went on to show kids how to zap them. You just visualize them gone. In the case where there’s a lot of cloud cover, just zap a hole in them. The kids not only accomplished it, but went home to teach their parents.

My son, Michael, was about 10 months old when I finished the seminar. He was born with a growth near the corner of his eye. I used one of the healing techniques which was simply see it not there. I forgot about it until a couple of days later. It was gone. Only one application was needed.

There were several methods to use when something is misplaced. I emptied the mind and see the object. Then I zoomed out for a larger perspective. The second technique was to say, “It’ll show itself soon”. It worked because I’ve reprogramed my belief. The third method was before I went to sleep, I'd program myself to recall where it was upon awaking. That was then. Now, I simply see it in my mind.

Another technique was how to detect trouble spots in the body. To practice we paired up. One person provided the person’s name and state they lived in. The name on the card was “Joshua”. Before his name was spoken, I began to have trouble sitting up. I felt dizzy and like I was choking. My tongue got in the way when I tried to talk.

Then, I applied the helmet technique. Which was to put an energetic helmet of Joshua over my head. A visual popped up. He was a little boy about 4 who was mentally challenged, with poor balance. I picked up that there were things he wanted to say but it was frustrating to him that he couldn’t express. I had a sense that there were great ideas locked up. But by that point I stopped because I felt like I was making up a story.

The information provided after I finished was that Joshua was 4 or 5 years old (I’ve forgotten his age) and he was mentally challenged. Today, I wouldn’t use the helmet technique. Now, I scan the body.

None of the above is magical. It’s what we all can do. It’s simply about increase the knowledge base, overhaul the belief system and practice. I also keep the techniques simple.
    You're so right. It's not magic and I know it's something that we all have the ability to do. But I can't help but to still be amazed when hearing accounts like your own.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Ben (27th July 2017), fourty-two (22nd July 2017), Foxie Loxie (16th July 2017), kfm27917 (9th January 2023), Rawhide68 (16th July 2017), RunningDeer (16th July 2017), Spiral (20th July 2017), william r sanford72 (16th July 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

The objects I´m about to tell you about have not been dispalaced.
    They have dematrealistt, discontinued of beeing.

1. mobile phone nr 1 , It disapered with no trace, I played with it in the car,my friend was driving, it was the first Iphone I had got from the company I worked for.
    and the car never stoped for fueling or any other reason, I looked behind the seates, every where in that car, and it was completely gone!?. So I had to go to the police and report it as "stolen" to get a new one.

2. mobile phone nr 2 inexplicable disappearance happenend when I was going home to my flat (In Stockholm) with a friend, realising I had locked myself out (The key was in my trousers inside my apartment). So I used my then Samsung phone to call the locksmith
    Happily inside my by locksmith very costly opened apartment, the phone I had used just minutes ago to call the locksmith was gone, WHERE?

3. My wallet ,has gone with leaving the money on the table
    I had had a night out, dropped on the sofa emptying my pockets to the sofa table for comfortable reasons, I placed my wallet at the table together with my keys and snusdosa (swedish thing), and fell asleep in my sofa in front of TV.
    The moring after My keys were there, and my snus, but the wallet was gone with id card, drivers lisence card and visa card.The only thing left from the wallet was the 100 note bills, 3 of them.

4.A huge kitchen knife has disapered without a trace recently.

The last strange thing that I am going to tell you in this post is something that has materialized

5. I found a passport from a guy from Iraq under my sofa
    I have never met him !?
    Tryed to find his phone nr on the web (to ask what?), turned out he hasnt got a phone nr ,but there is an address
    What should I tell him if I go there to get his passport back ?

I have had an encounter with a UFO back in t 1988
    Could there be a connection ?

(No I´m not sleepwalking, or have any psychic disorders, and I dont do drugs)

I´m grateful for your thoughts
    Last edited by Rawhide68; 16th July 2017 at 20:31.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

Ben (27th July 2017), fourty-two (22nd July 2017), Foxie Loxie (16th July 2017), kfm27917 (9th January 2023), Noelle (17th July 2017), RunningDeer (16th July 2017), Spiral (20th July 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Shortly after I had finished that seminar, I discovered one of the attachments to my vacuum cleaner went missing. I searched the usual places over and over until I remembered the technique. I emptied my mind and zoomed out for a larger perspective. It made no sense that it’d be in the top shelf of living room closet in a box of old stuff. But that’s where it was.

Cracker Jack surprises…one of the many cool things in life; Mandela Effect, timeline shifts, impish sprite or spirits?

There’s been an uptick in things that go missing, then find them right were I had looked sometimes seconds before. Or I go to do something only to realize I just did it. When I rewind the tape in my mind, I don’t recall that I had. The logical part of me explains it away with I wasn’t focused. But based on the number of times it happens, I’m beginning to question if it’s timeline shifts.

One time stood out because it included another person. After a spike in my hot water/electric bill, I made a video to show my landlady that the hot water faucet ran in a small but steady stream that month. She called the plumber. He couldn’t come out for several days so I turn off the faucet under the sink.

The leak was fixed the next morning while I was out for my walk. I called my landlady to thank her. She said he hadn’t come. I told her not only is there no stream but the faucet that I shut off under the sink is now open.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 27th July 2017 at 23:35.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Ben (27th July 2017), fourty-two (22nd July 2017), Foxie Loxie (16th July 2017), Jake (16th July 2017), kfm27917 (9th January 2023), Noelle (17th July 2017), Rawhide68 (24th July 2017), Spiral (20th July 2017)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

The objects I´m about to tell you about have not been dispalaced.
    They have dematrealistt, discontinued of beeing.

1. mobile phone nr 1 , It disapered with no trace, I played with it in the car,my friend was driving, it was the first Iphone I had got from the company I worked for.
    and the car never stoped for fueling or any other reason, I looked behind the seates, every where in that car, and it was completely gone!?. So I had to go to the police and report it as "stolen" to get a new one.

2. mobile phone nr 2 inexplicable disappearance happenend when I was going home to my flat (In Stockholm) with a friend, realising I had locked myself out (The key was in my trousers inside my apartment). So I used my then Samsung phone to call the locksmith
    Happily inside my by locksmith very costly opened apartment, the phone I had used just minutes ago to call the locksmith was gone, WHERE?

3. My wallet ,has gone with leaving the money on the table
    I had had a night out, dropped on the sofa emptying my pockets to the sofa table for comfortable reasons, I placed my wallet at the table together with my keys and snusdosa (swedish thing), and fell asleep in my sofa in front of TV.
    The moring after My keys were there, and my snus, but the wallet was gone with id card, drivers lisence card and visa card.The only thing left from the wallet was the 100 note bills, 3 of them.

4.A huge kitchen knife has disapered without a trace recently.

The last strange thing that I am going to tell you in this post is something that has materialized

5. I found a passport from a guy from Iraq under my sofa
    I have never met him !?
    Tryed to find his phone nr on the web (to ask what?), turned out he hasnt got a phone nr ,but there is an address
    What should I tell him if I go there to get his passport back ?

I have had an encounter with a UFO back in t 1988
    Could there be a connection ?

First & foremost I absolutely think it's linked to your encounter with a ufo !

These things you have experienced are IMO advanced lessons in the real nature of the fabric of reality, they are not mental abnormalities or anything that should be found excuses for..... someone is doing these things to show you something nothing else will....who that is we could debate, it could even be yourself, or rather some aspect of yourself.

I was talking to a guy who owns a local shop, and he started telling me about seeing a UFO land one night when he was a teenager, he was trying to understand what "aliens" could be doing in the place it landed, I told him that they were there so he could see what he saw,.... because it would make a difference to who he was & how he saw the world, one day I'll go back & see if what I said did anything.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

fourty-two (22nd July 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st July 2017), kfm27917 (9th January 2023), Noelle (20th July 2017), Rawhide68 (24th July 2017), RunningDeer (20th July 2017)

+ Reply to Thread