+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 9 LastLast

Thread: Carbon 60 (C60) Antioxidant that works at the DNA Level !

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 times in 144 posts

Default Carbon 60 (C60) Antioxidant that works at the DNA Level !

I'll post the notes I originally took on this wonderful supplement.

C60, Buckminsterfullerene Suspended in Olive Oil Benefits - Notes
    C60 are carbon nanoparticles and as long as there's oil present, the C60 will greatly prefer to dissolve in the oil instead. The c60 molecule has a strong tropism for lipid chains.… it can penetrate deep into the body. C60 reacts with the fatty acids in the olive oil, thus forming an entirely new compound.
    C60 will kill Ebola virus, a Stem Cell Scientist stated !
    C60 mixed in water instead of oils may be toxic !
    C60 is commonly known as a buckyball and is a pure carbon molecule with 60 atoms arranged into a spherical shape.  This remarkable compound wasn’t discovered until 1985. The mechanism of action is still not exactly known. c60,buckminsterfullerenes can conjugate with other molecules, to form complexes, but the c60 base molecule is not going anywhere, once it is incorporated within tissue...it is either excreted, or incorporated. 
    C60 is a catalyst. It is not used up in the process of its action. Many aspects of the chemistry of fullerene are very well understood.
    Aerobic- & strength gains, longevity, brain rejuvenation and tumor prevention with lipofullerene C60 olive oil

The majority of individual human experimenters reported these beneficial effects:
    More energy
    Less sleep needed…. Enhanced sleep.
    “Mental improvements”
    Can lift much heavier weights, sometimes to the point of causing tendon injury. Commonly reported.
    Can do more reps of the same weight. This was the most commonly reported benefit. People were adamant that there was a great difference, comparable to taking Creatine and that not even anabolic steroids enabled such an immediate increase of both repetitions and max. weight.
    Calmer, reduction in stress
    Can run longer with seemingly more effective utilization of Oxygen. Less fatigue. “Cardiac improvements”. Better stamina and endurance.
    Can run faster whilst feeling more comfortable with a pulse that would normally be too high for steady-state.
    Higher libido. This is also seen in rat trials, already with 4 micrograms/kg, a dose five times lower than what we recommend as a daily dose.
    Faster recovery of the skin after sunburn (with topical application ). 16 hours in direct sunlight with no sunscreen on hot clear days and no sunburn anywhere ! Orally taken. (1in50 will develop a melanoma by 2015. Over 90,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.)
    Athletes (people who push themselves to their limits in sports requiring endurance, strength, stamina) do report very significant effects, but ordinary people do not seem to notice anything remarkable (except what we think is the Placebo effect).

1. It accumulates in mitochondria http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/12054749
    2. It has antiviral action
    3. It is a catalytic radical scavenger - i.e. it is able to re-cycle and repeat its activity over and over.
    Study of antioxidant effect in the liver: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16351219
    4. Applied topically it appears to be able to permeate the skin barrier http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16443688
    5. Carbon 60 not only dissolves in long chain fatty acids ( i.e. in olive oil), it also reacts with them ‘under mild conditions'. So, the olive oil-fullerene complex might have some novel fullerene compounds that are bioactive.  http://www.tandfonli...363830701512450
    6. Anti-cancer properties http://exp-oncology..../10.pdf?upload=
    7. Had positive outcomes in terms of memory and ageing:
    http://www.sciencedi...197458006003423
    8. Had anti-inflammatory effects
    9. Benefited increased hair production. Previous study … used DMSO and C60 in another study and applying it to the skin of mice, and the result was increased hair production. C60 have some kind of reaction since it at least stimulates hair growth...
    Not the same as lifespan though. Sounds like the olive oil attached on the c60 is not what make them live longer. Didn't everyone agree that C60 is a stable particle that attracts free radical, because of its stable design?
    The mitochondrial electron transport chain is affected beneficially by C60 – as it appears to work by accelerating electron transfer from oxidized compounds…
    The c60-fatty acid adduct is the right shape, size, and hydrophobicity to become part of a membrane, where it would be quite stable and would be expected to reside for a long time.
    C60 crosses the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB) - "the presence of significant amounts in the brain 24 hours after both oral and i.p. administrations under our experimental conditions (Table 2) confirms that C60 can cross the blood brain barrier",
    We do know fullerene passes the blood brain barrier, and has neuroprotective effects
    c60 is different than everything that has come before. It appears to be improving mitochondrial function, based on the way people respond to exercise or hypoxic conditions. This presumably means more ATP. It also appears to be decreasing the level of ROS, based on its effect on muscle fatigue, along with its in vitro chemistry as a SOD mimetic and ability to accept and stabilize multiple electrons ("free radical sponge"). 
    Super Antioxidant
     Olive oil unlike the C60 does not modulate the antioxidant response at all, not with Glutathione, SOD or Catalase. Also, obviously it only modulates the lifespan marginally (18%) whereas the C60 treated rats are living 90% longer.
    Chronic treatment not only reduced age-associated oxidative stress and mitochondrial radical production, but significantly extended lifespan. Treated mice also exhibited improved performance on the Morris water maze learning and memory task… rescues age-related cognitive impairment in mammals.
    One of those biological properties it possesses is the fact that it is an extremely potent antioxidant.  Since oxidative stress and damage underlies the aging process it isn’t surprising to imagine that C60 could help reduce aging.
    This study was done to prove C60 had no toxicity and to prove that it was absorbed into the bloodstream.  The molecule can pass through the cell membrane and therefore could be expected to have intracellular effects, critical to reduce aging.
    A Norwegian study that found that C60 was twice as effective as vit. E in preventing salmon go rancid.
    Average life of a rat is 2-3 years.. the C60 feed rats lived 5 years in good health with no signs of cancer. The oldest lived rat in the C60 group actually lived to 66 months which appears to be a record.
    The study remarks how it is normal for Wistar rats to die of tumors or pneumonia, and how the C60-treated rats neither developed cancer nor lung problems – they simply died of general organ failure associated with old age – they reached their genetical maximum lifespan, their weight was that of a normal healthy middle-aged rat until close to the end.

The rats did not just live very, very much longer (years after they should have died of old age!) but their livers were fully protected against lethal doses of highly toxic chemicals. ..See photos of how the C60-protected livers look healthy, whereas the livers of rats that did not get C60 got destroyed.  

It is suggested that C60/EVOO is stimulating stem cells, and that is likely happening by the stimulation of mitochondria. If so, the same process would cause cancer cells to revert into normal cells since cancer cells in general shut down their mitochondria and thereby get some of the advantages of stem cells--eg, immortality. 
    A patent application by researcher Dr. Christopher Kepley suggests one mechanism by which c60 fullerenes might extend life: Method for Inhibiting the Build-up of Arterial Plaque by Administering Fullerenes 

http://appft.uspto.g...=DN/20110190251

And what good is long life if you must live it bald?

Fullerene nanomaterials potentiate hair growth. "As seen in Figure 2, A and B, mice injected with fullerene derivatives had accelerated hair growth as compared with those mice receiving vehicle only."

http://144.206.159.1...25/12825719.pdf

The major theories how c60, lipofullerenes’ anti-aging effects are:
    (1)  C60 remains in the lipid bilayers of the cells and mitochondria, doing its ROS-neutralizing work for weeks or months.
    Lipofullerenes could act as super-antioxidants on the cellular level, where they remain for a very long time, since they are not “used up” when they act as antioxidants, and they are constantly recycled in the cell.
    (2) The C60 physically rejuvenates organisms on the cellular level, for example by DNA demethylation or by otherwise reversing cellular damage on the molecular level.
    Interestingly, the size of the Buckyball C60 molecule is such that it fits exactly inside the “minor groove” DNA winding and it indeed binds to it, protecting it against Methyl groups that degrade and neutralize the DNA:

Here are some postulations made in the Longecity forum on how C60 may extend healthy life:
    (3) “Attenuation of age-associated increases in oxidative stress.”
    (4) “I’m wondering if the fullerene might not be the active longevity ingredient.  Maybe it’s just the transport.  And dissolving it in olive oil also allows some olive oil molecules to penetrate the fullerene sphere and get transported to places by the fullerene that orally ingested olive oil wouldn’t make it to.  Like deep into many cells throughout the body even those across the bbb.  It that’s right, all the longevity effects observed are just an amplification of the effects of the olive oil.”
    (5) “My guess is that it binds with toxins.”
    (6) “It is a catalytic radical scavenger – i.e. it is able to re-cycle and repeat its activity over and over. It accumulates in mitochondria. It has antiviral action. C60 has anti-cancer properties. Possibly, as with methylene blue, there might be a hormetic affect – with low dosages having a positive effect, and higher doses a deleterious one.”
    (7) “Maybe enhancing neurite growth sufficiently enhances feedback signaling in the body and that is what results in an enhanced immune response.”
    (8)  “Since the mechanism of action is still unknown we have no idea if the buckyballs are destroyed in the process of performing whatever function they are performing. Maybe they somehow bust up AGEs and are destroyed in the process. Maybe they settle in and become a conduit for some biophotonic reaction.“
    (9) “We do know fullerene passes the blood brain barrier, and has neuroprotective effects.”
    (10) “C60 is a catalyst. It is not used up in the process of its action.”
    (11) “C60 is able to associate with mitochondria and induce a cytoprotective antioxidant effect.”
    (12) “C60 might be resetting the mitochondria to a younger age.”
    (13) “We humans have been cooking our food for a long time and the soot from these fires maybe contained fullerenes. Perhaps fullerenes are an important part of the paleolithic diet.”
    (14) Here’s a sketchy hypotheses of how C60 might work:
    Fullerenes wrapped in oil are transported to mitochondria for burning.
    Once there, the oil is stripped and the naked fullerenes are attracted to other hydrophobic molecules, such as the methyl groups on the mitochondrial DNA, and reacts with them, stripping them from the DNA.
    Demethylation of the DNA thus reverses the epigenetic DNA changes that result in dysfunction of the mitochondria.
    (15)  There’s been some mention of mitochondrial biogenesis in this thread… Is this something that fullerenes are known to do?  Mitochodrial biogenesis means the creation of new mitochondria.
    (16) Fullerenes are known to like methyl groups, and that they could steal them from DNA would certainly provide a tidy explanation of how this works.
    (17) Fullerenes might exist in a more longer-lived reservoir, like in the membrane of a long-lived somatic cell.
    (18) My hypothesis is that fullerenes wipes out the methylation, the DNA automatically recovers it, and the effective age is set to zero. The DNA will begin to age again, and a later treatment can reset it back to zero. Keep resetting every few years and the ultimate limit then passes to the telomeres and epigenetics of the nuclear DNA.
    (19) It’s very clear that C60 has mitochondrial activities; for example, animals treated with C60 are more resistant to radiation effects, and are far more resistant to the oxidative damage from carbon tetrachloride ingestion.  That isn’t just a reset to a youthful state, because youthful animals would be injured by both radiation and CCl4.
    (20) Olive Oil is a 5-LO inhibitor.  5-LO inhibition reduces ROS, independent of P53.  I cannot escape the conclusion that the choice of the Olive Oil solvent, per se, cannot be dismissed as being unimportant to the Buckyball study conclusion.
    (21) I have a hypothesis: Because of its hydrophobic propensity, C60 incorporates itself  into cell membranes  thereby presenting the adducted olive oil which disrupts the signaling pathways of arachidonic acid in the phospholipids therein while also sopping up supersoxide everywhere the C60 finds it, nice “one-two”. How/why does the C60 pass through the cytosol into the mitochondrial membranes? Wouldn’t it want to stay in the cell membrane? Is it shunted through the cell membrane by a channel protein or an inner membrane channel protein? Is there a charge graident involved? Is it just possible that because it behaves like a wave also…it makes for the mitochondria and leaves the olive oil in the cell membrane?
    (22)  Harman, in this 2001 paper posits that fullerene may work in the mitochondria as a blocking agent.  Many antioxidants,at therapeutic doses, actually decrease the efficiency of the mitochodria, which is why possibly we do not see increases in the maximum lifespan. If fullerene is indeed a blocking agent, then it acts by stopping oxygen from generating reactive oxygen species and superoxide formation, while having no negative impact on mitochondrial functionality. Other studies posit it is a superoxide dismutase mimetic.
    (23) Drugs, diet, or exercise are all capable of changing gene expression; for example, resveratrol alters the expression level of on the order of 1000 genes.  It’s very likely that fullerenes change the expression level of numerous genes as well.  For the vast majority of these genes, the changes in expression are transient, and when the drug is withdrawn, expression returns to normal.  In some cases, however, there are apparently long-lasting changes put in place by CpG (de)methylation, histone (de)acetylation, etc.   These are epigenetic modifications.
    (24) ..the Fullerene Solvent served as the means for “guiding” the Fullerenes to the “cell type” that the solvent has a natural affinity for, to the appropriate “receptor” of that cell type..
    (25) C60 is thought to be a “SOD Mimetic”, SOD is an enzyme that clears out the destructive superoxide ROS in your cells.
    (26) I suspect that the C60 that finds its way into non-mitochondrial membranes isn’t hurting anything, and may be helping some, but the fraction that gets into mitochondrial membranes is what’s doing the magic, because it’s close to the source of damaging superoxide ions.
    (27) I think that the conjugation of fullerene with molecules present in olive oil is crucial – and it makes no sense whatsoever to tinker with the basic formula when the knowledge of what is going on is basically non-existent. If you are going down this route, stick to olive oil.
    (28) I wouldn’t say that we don’t have a clue how this works.  I’d say there are some hints.  We know it’s redox active, and that fullerene carboxylic acid compounds can act as SOD mimetics, turning superoxide radical anion into oxygen and H2O2.  We know that superoxide is generated in mitochondria, and it’s at least reasonable to suspect that a fullerene fatty acid adduct could become part of the mitochondrial membrane.
    (29) I don’t think it is a stretch to assume that the positive effects of C60, if any, are tied to its relative inertness.
    (30) That it is the Olive Oil combination with C60s that extended life spans in the surprising way it did suggests that our innate Immune System driven CAIP is implicated in some way in the study result.
    (31) A resetting of the Mitochondrial DNA in the gut related to our Innate Anti-Inflammatory mechanisms resets our ability to manage the auto-immune diseases (like cancer) which, increasingly, knock us off as we age.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

C60 Review by Turnbuckle
    http://www.longecity.org/forum/user/19769-turnbuckle/
    Updated 8/12/14

This page is about subjects as diverse as dental care and Methylene blue & Alzheimer's, but is mostly about C60 for age regression. C60 in EVOO is the best supplement I've taken in the past forty years. In the sections below I've documented the benefits I've seen as well as potential dangers, and speculations on possible modes of action. Feel free to write me about any of it.

Sections—

1. C60 usage
    2. C60 effects
    3. C60 Age regression
    4. C60 potential dangers
    5. C60 epigenetic hypothesis
    6. C60 and glutathione
    7. C60 stem cell hypothesis
    8. C60 and cancer
    9. C60 prep (and where to buy)
    10. Creating new stem cells in vivo
    11. The Turnbuckle Protocol
    12. Mitochondrial supplements
    13. Other supplements, a very partial list
    14. Dental
    15. Methylene blue & niacin & Alzheimer's
    16. Not recommended (eg, statins)
    17. Personal data
    ----------------------------------------------------------

1. C60 usage
    First use of C60 on 4/27/12

Present experimental dose as of 5/1/13: 4 mg C60-EVOO, once a week

2. C60 effects
    Greater stamina/oxygen utilization. This was within hours. As I'd been damaged by statin use, others might not see such an immediate effect. Other effects took longer, ranging from days to months.

More youthful skin. Skin pinch test went from 1-2 seconds to 0 seconds. (I had very youthful skin to begin with.)

Two small scars from 8 years ago have disappeared. Two similar scars of much older vintage did not.

Hair regrowth that filled in a patch in the back that had been thinning for thirty years and was bare in a spot about as big as my palm. (A Norwood 4 in the back and a 1.5 in the front). With C60, this occipital spot filled in to what I would call "thinning," which is to say, scalp is still visible and needs about twice as much hair to make it invisible. Further improvement--if any--has been very slow. See the Luna patent application--
    http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...DN/20110003773
    Update (12/3/13): I have now seen further improvement by applying a small amount dissolved in 91% rubbing alcohol, applying it with a dropper to the scalp for a few days. So topical treatment may be better than oral for hair regrowth.

Stronger nails, which had become prone to splitting. I first noticed this at about 4 months. (Both follicle roots and the nail matrix contain stem cells, which appear to be stimulated by C60.)

Much better flexibility. This has been slow to develop but is now quite apparent.

Better exercise tolerance. Upped weights on machines by 1/4 to 1/2 and increased runs up to 4 miles (from essentially nothing for several years). 

Much better alcohol tolerance while taking C60.

Subjective improvements in smell, high frequency hearing, peripheral vision. Note: There is a patent on the improvement of hearing with a C60 derivative -- http://patentscope.wipo.int/search/e...n=US2005028171

UNCHANGED: Taste, height, weight, appetite, blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, hair color, sun response.

DOGS: I've given C60 a few times to my middle-aged, unrelated dogs (.18 mg/kg). One recovered his ability to jump into the car within 2 days and catch tennis balls in the air, and the improved jumping has lasted months with no further treatment. 

3. C60 Age regression
    30 year regression -- alcohol tolerance
    20-30 year regression -- bald spot in back
    20 year regression -- sugar tolerance 
    10 year regression -- thinning on top
    10 year regression -- skin 
    10 year regression -- oxygen utilization while running
    0 regression -- broken capillaries
    0 regression -- hair color

In general, effects fell into three categories: immediate, delayed by months, and incremental. The immediate effects were to oxygen utilization and gym performance, the delayed effects to the nails and hair, and the incremental I'd characterize as a Benjamin Button type biological time reversal. In my case C60 not only stopped aging, but seemed to slowly reverse it. Of course, I'm only a year and a half into it at this point, so nothing definite can be said about long term effects.

4. C60 potential dangers
    I've taken it more than 5 days continuously twice and both times found a fading of effects. Others have seen this as well.

Taking C60 + 1 gram niacin made me feel weird for a week. A statin-like feel.

A C60 extract containing 28% C70 & 2% higher fullerenes at a very low dose level (0.5 mg/day) resulted in steady pains in both calves after a few days, as well as several hours of pulsing pain in the back of my neck. This went away within a day or two of stopping. Thus, for me, C70 is out. (One study found C70 in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) rather than the mitochondria. In the ER it might interfere with protein synthesis.)

Ligaments don't improve as fast as endurance and are prone to injury. So just because you can now run twice as far or lift twice as much, don't. Best work into it slowly.

C60 may be encouraging the differentiation of stem cells, and thus too frequent use may deplete them. (I've been told that depletion is impossible. Maybe so.)

5. C60 epigenetic hypothesis
    While C60/EVOO is certainly an anti-oxidant, there is also a spectrum of effects that appear to be persistent if not permanent, thus it is possible that C60 is modifying the epigenetics of the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA).

The epigenetic content of mtDNA is mostly the result of methyl groups (PMID: 21321201) that attach to DNA and act as off switches. These are copied after DNA replication to the daughter strand by methyltransferase, which must contact both strands to copy the switch positions. It is believed from a theoretical study (PMID: 16183879) that C60 is attracted to the DNA groove between strands. There it may act as a physical barrier--a methyltransferase inhibitor like procaine*, which is also attracted to the DNA groove and has been shown to extend the lifespan of Wistar rats.

If the methylation of mtDNA is randomly reduced (and thus has fewer genes turned off) in some fraction of mitochondria this will prove to be advantageous and the population of a cell’s mitochondria (of which there are typically hundreds or thousands) will in time become dominated by the better functioning mitochondria as they are constantly dividing and the defective ones removed by mitophagy (an article on mitophagy--PMID: 22743996). Thus it would be important to take regular breaks from C60 treatment to allow the population of better functioning mitochondria to increase without further modification--a dosing schedule the Baati rat study (PMID: 22498298) may have stumbled upon by accident.

This process of replication and mitophagy is selection of the fittest at the intracellular level. Taking C60 continuously may result in degrading the better functioning mitochondria as it doesn't allow time for the selection process to work.

There is also a process of mitochondrial sex involving fusion and fission whereby the double-stranded loops of mtDNA (of which there may be ten or so per mitochondrion) get randomly exchanged so that after fission a mitochondrion might have a perponderance of defective strands and thus functions poorly and is recycled.

*Procaine is sold for longevity as "Gerovital". In 1965 researcher Anna Aslan reported that it increased the lifespan of Wistar rats (males only) by 20%. The dosing schedule was intermittent with injections of procaine 3 times a week for 4 weeks, followed by 4 weeks off. According to PMID 12941824: "Procaine can also demethylate densely hypermethylated CpG islands, such as those located in the promoter region of the RAR beta 2 gene, restoring gene expression of epigenetically silenced genes. This property may be explained by our finding that procaine binds to CpG-enriched DNA."

6. C60 and glutathione
    The up-regulation of mitochondria by C60 will create more ROS, and in some people the endogenous antioxidants such as glutathione may become depleted. Therefore, supplements that increase these antioxidants may help, such as NAC. Taking 1800 of NAC with 2 mg C60 did in fact help in the gym, but ultimately did not keep the effects from fading with continuous use. It also has a reflux problem. I've recently found that reduced L-glutathione works very well and I'm now taking a gram a day, along with 3 grams of vitamin C, 2 grams of niacin, and Pepcid AC. I don't have very many age spots, but the ones I have seem to be fading with this treatment. 

7. C60 stem cell hypothesis
    A user here (mpe) has reported that the use of C60 “was like having the stem cells [injection in his knee] all over again.”

This is perhaps to be expected since C60 has been observed to collect in mitochondria and many here have reported that C60 enhances endurance (and most probably mitchondrial effectiveness). In fact, healthy stem cells have a much reduced mitochondrial mass and oxygen consumption and depend on anaerobic respiration, much like cancer cells. Thus C60 treatment may be encouraging stem cells to differentiate by increasing their mitochondrial mass. It might do this by turning on mitochondrial genes that are turned off in stem cells. In fact, it is known that stem cell mitochondria changes first and signals the nDNA. (PMID: 21425411)

Would stem cells be used up by this process? Perhaps not as they have mechanisms to prevent that, such as asymmetric replication whereby the original stem cell divides into a stem cell and a daughter cell that is differentiated. Still, it's something to watch out for, especially in young users of C60. (How do you watch out for it? I have no idea, but see section 11, below.)

This stem cell hypothesis is not inconsistent with the epigenetic speculations above, as it might operate by the same mechanism--turning on genes by preventing their methylation by methytransferase. Strengthening of nails, hair regrowth, and the disappearance of small scars that I have observed from my own use could be the result of stem cell action. 

Another possible interaction re stem cells is with uncoupling proteins (UCP). These proteins are valves that switch mitochondria into a heat producing mode, and are highly expressed in stem cells, thereby keeping them as stem cells. If C60 could inhibit such proteins, it could stimulate stem cells proliferation and differentiation. It might also do this in cancer cells (which switch their mitochondria in a similar fashion to stem cells), thereby forcing them to become somatic cells again--differentiation therapy. There's no particular reason to expect C60 to function as a decoupling protein inhibitor except for the congruent geometry of the protein and the C60 molecule, and that both can be found in the mitochondrial wall and the effects noted by some users are consistent with the stimulation of stem cells.
    http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla...er-219140.aspx

There are at least three types of UCP, with UCP1 having a half-life of days as compared to UCP2 and UCP3, with a half-life of an hour or so. (PMID: PMC3661275) However, UCP1 is mostly expressed in brown adipose tissue, not muscle.

8. C60 and cancer
    In some ways cancer cells are like stem cells, and sometimes are stem cells. They are immortal and achieve immortality by shutting down (or more precisely, decoupling) their mitochondria and resorting to glucose fermentation for energy (the Warburg Effect). They also become immune to apoptosis (cellular suicide) because active mitochondria are key to setting this housekeeping function into motion. So if C60 restores mitochondrial ATP production, it would also restore apoptosis and that would destroy the cancer cells. Thus C60 might provide a two pronged approach to neutralizing cancer. (See my remarks on "differentiation therapy" in the section above.)

9. C60 prep (and where to buy)
    If you just want to try C60 or anticipate using only small doses as I do, it's better to buy the solution ready made. There are five sources I know of, four in the US--

http://www.carbon60oliveoil.com/
    https://sesres.com/C60-olive-oil.asp
    http://www.buckylabs.com/
    http://www.maxamlabs.com/shopexd.asp...1#.UnY2Wvl97za

and another in Switzerland--

http://shop.owndoc.com/p-203/c60-oli...ls-in-oil.html

I've bought one bottle from the first listed company and the quality appeared to be excellent. The second is from the largest manufacturer of fullerenes. The fourth has a very high price.

If you plan to use a lot you might consider making your own. But keep in mind that C60 in oil oxidizes with time, and it's not clear how that affects its usefulness (but I think it cannot be good).

First of all, the oil. Don't go by color. Pick an extra virgin oil packaged correctly, in a dark colored bottle. These are typically green or amber glass. Buy organic if you can find it, and deaerated. California Olive Ranch didn't generate bubbles under a vacuum while filtering, so it was probably deaerated. Also, California Olive Ranch wasn't found to be mislabeled like many oils. See the following UC-Davis report where most oils labeled extra virgin actually aren't. Scroll down to Table 2 (on page 6).

http://olivecenter.ucdavis.edu/what-...%20reduced.pdf

I grind the (SES) powder in a stainless mortar then magnetically stir it in the EVOO and filer at .22 micron (using an Autofil unit). I have a centrifuge but haven't seen the need for it. This process takes about 3 days or less. Once prepared, I keep a small amount in the fridge and the bulk of it in the freezer. The oil is initially greenish-yellow and with C60 it is red. In the freezer it becomes a hazy strawberry and eventually lilac. On defrosting, it returns to its red color.

Recommendations—

What concentration to make: 0.8 mg/ml (800 mg in 1 liter).

How much to make: 1 liter for personal use. This can be made in the original bottle by dropping in the magnetic stirrer and recapping, thus minimizing oxygen exposure.

How much to take: 4 mg once a week (5 ml). The best protocol is currently unknown, but more seems to be less.

Does it go bad? Probably.

What’s the shelf life? Probably six months, but better to use it up in three.

What’s the best way to store it? The rate of chemical reactions typically drop by half for every 10° C. So in a -20°C freezer, the oil should last 16 times as long—3 months on the kitchen shelf being equal to about 4 years in the freezer. I recommend buying amber colored glass bottles from Amazon and dividing the prepared oil for freezer storage, only keeping one bottle on the shelf for use.

Bottles: http://www.amazon.com/Amber-Glass-Bo...d_sim_indust_5

Other sizes are available.

10. Creating new stem cells in vivo
    If C60 uses up stem cells as postulated in section 7 above, can more be made? Possibly. Recently it was discovered that mouse somatic cells could be reverted back into pluripotent cells by application of chemical stressors, such as acid. (See Wikipedia for "Stimulus-triggered acquisition of pluripotency cell".) Charles Vacanti, the lead researcher, said, “We looked for a more natural way to turn mature cells back to stem cells, and it’s actually very efficient, easy, and inexpensive to do. You get millions of cells very quickly, and you should be able to use it in all fields of medicine, boosting the function of tissues, possibly saving lives.”

His method treated blood with HCl, but could the same be done with direct application of an acid to the skin? This is what I'm trying now, using apple cider vinegar. This isn't new at all, and has been reported to be good for the skin, nails, and hair, with various rationales offered for its efficacy. But what if it was generating new stem cells? Which now seems more likely than not, at least for some of the claimed effects. 

11. The Turnbuckle Protocol
    I am presently combining 4mg C60 with 2 tablespoons of 20ppm colloidal gold (trying 2 brands--Medigold and Mesogold). This has an enhanced effect in the gym and the gold definitely has nootropic effects.

Once a week, sometimes twice.

For skin I am wet brushing with a stiff nylon bristles. This seems better than dry brushing and better than dermarolling for reducing crosslinking.

Once a week I apply cider vinegar all over, let it dry, and wash it off. This has definite positive effects, and may create new stem cells, thus complementing the effects of C60.

12. Mitochondrial supplements
    PQQ, 10 mg, every other day (Has been shown to enhance mitochondrial biogenesis)

CoQ10 .5 to 1 gm (Mito antioxidant and essential enzyme)

ALCAR/ALA, 1gm/100mg (Various reasons, synergistic with CoQ10) 

Lithium Orotate, 120 mg twice a week (Lithium supports mitophagy and has been shown to increase life span of animals and humans)

Melatonin is a brain hormone and mitochondrial antioxidant produced by the pineal gland. This gland calcifies with time and by the age of 50-60 a supplement may be needed. (Note that fluoride in water and toothpaste may accelerate the calcification.) I take 5 mg time release.

Astragalus extract, 500 mg (Has been shown to act as a mitochondrial antioxidant and might lengthen telomeres of nDNA). GreenPower has an interesting post about the testing of telomere lengths for several astragalus-related supplements--
    http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic...30#entry485926

13. Other supplements, a very partial list
    Spermidine -- 50 mg once a week in grapefruit juice. Enhances autophagy, cell growth, energy level, strength, skin tone, hair color and growth, and potentially, longevity. Based on my limited experience with it to date, I'd say it's best not taken with C60. I've seen many of the effects above, but no change in hair color.

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic...rmidine-trial/
    Note that spermidine could possibly cause herpes outbreaks in those infected, since the virus contains that polyamine.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC389533/

Cinnamon extract for improved glycaemic control.

Magnesium ascorbate, 1 gm daily (magnesium supports mito function and brain function. I've tried magnesium threonate and it was quite invigorating the first time I used it, but not with subsequent doses, so I'm not sure there is anything special about it over the long term)

Ginger root extract + MSM -- for inflammation of a swollen bursa. Most effective.

Silymarin (milk thistle extract) -- for liver health and might lengthen telomeres of nDNA.

Hormonal support: DHEA, pregnenolone, and, for testosterone, tribulus and fenugreek

14. Dental
    Strontium citrate twice a week and strontium chloride mouthwash (homemade--20% anhydrous SrCl2 in water) once or twice a week. Result: no cavities in a decade. I take EDTA before and after every dental appointment to chelate mercury from amalgam fillings. I have very few such fillings now and feel better as a result.

Am now brushing with curcumin (or turmeric) twice a week in the shower for the whitening effect. Also very good for gums. Adding an equal part ascorbic acid to it makes it more effective, especially at whitening, though I use the acid very rarely.

15. Methylene blue & niacin & Alzheimer's
    A few years ago (after the stories about Rember came out) I tried a dose of MB. I didn't have Alzheimer's but it seemed like a potentially good prophylactic as everyone my age probably has some of this defective tau protein. In fact, I found that I was thinking more clearly with a dose of 100mg, but when it wore off I was suddenly having difficulty following the plot of TV shows. Uh-oh! So I looked for something that would correct the defective (hyperphosphorylated) tau that causes tangles and tried MB again a couple of days later, this time adding 500 mg niacin every few hours. The problem went away and when the MB wore off I was no worse off for the experience. So I realized that seemingly modest doses of MB can be dangerous, that even if you don't have symptoms of AD you might create them by forming tangles that didn't previously exist. On the plus side, it seemed possible that MB+niacin is a cure for AD, if the MB dissolves the hyperphosphorylated tau tangles and allows niacin (or niacin analogue like niacinamide) to get access.

PMID: 18987186 -- "These preclinical findings suggest that oral nicotinamide [niacinamide] may represent a safe treatment for AD and other tauopathies..."

Other supplements that have been shown to mitigate tau pathology: sodium selenate and propranolol. I take both.

Presently I do not take MB. Instead I take 2 grams of niacin in one morning dose (pepcid ac is also helpful since niacin enhances HCl production). I take this as a prophylactic against Alzheimer's and to raise HDL. My wife now takes niacinamide as a prophylactic against Alzheimer's, and it has improved her memory. 

16. Not recommended
    Resveratrol--long term use of 200mg daily caused severe joint pain. I now seem to be sensitized to it as even a small dose causes joint pain after a few days. I can't say if it's the resveratrol itself or some impurity, but I am avoiding it in any case. 

100 mg Methylene blue--created symptoms of AD until I reversed it by taking MB with niacin. See the Methylene blue section, above.

Activated charcoal and intestinal bug--this made the bug much worse as the charcoal felt like broken glass.

Naproxen (Aleve)--causes tinnitus.

Statins--mitochondrial poison that should have a skull and crossbones on the packaging. I've tried three. All slightly different in feel. All bad. And perhaps counterproductive as well. See the second figure in this paper-- 

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3303886/

--where the death from all causes chart shows that for women, the higher the total C, the better, and for men, a sweet spot centered around 210 total C--where I am with no drugs and a diet that eliminates red meat.

I like this quote by Stephanie Seneff--

"Every individual gets at most only one chance to grow old. When you experience your body falling apart, it is easy to imagine that this is just due to the fact that you are advancing in age. I think the best way to characterize statin therapy is that it makes you grow older faster. Mobility is a great miracle that cholesterol has enabled in all animals. By suppressing cholesterol synthesis, statin drugs can destroy that mobility. No study has shown that statins improve all-cause mortality statistics. But there can be no doubt that statins will make your remaining days on earth a lot less pleasant than they would otherwise be."

Source: http://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/w...ally_work.html

17. Personal data
    Age-- >60
    Weight-- 82 kg
    Employment--previously, senior scientist for a research company; presently, novelist

Photo: Orson Wells

2. The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

Alan (25th February 2024), Anchor (24th October 2018), angelfire (12th October 2017), Baby Steps (17th July 2017), Basho (16th July 2017), Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), BMJ (10th November 2017), Cognitive Dissident (24th September 2017), CurEus (17th July 2017), Daozen (16th July 2017), Did You See Them (19th July 2017), dynamo (21st June 2018), EFO (16th July 2017), enigma3 (3rd August 2017), Eram (17th July 2017), fourty-two (30th August 2017), gaiagirl (2nd August 2017), Grace Makanani (27th October 2018), Honesty (2nd August 2017), Ioneo (20th June 2018), Jayke (16th July 2017), justalight (22nd July 2017), kanishk (17th July 2017), leavesoftrees (9th March 2024), Marikins (30th August 2017), mgray (28th September 2017), Michi (16th July 2017), Nasu (18th July 2017), nomadguy (28th July 2017), Ol' Roy (18th July 2017), Pam (19th July 2017), RunningDeer (18th September 2017), StandingWave (16th July 2017), Sue (Ayt) (25th February 2024), toppy (17th July 2017), Unicorn (20th July 2017), vano915 (4th May 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Carbon 60 (C60) Antioxidant that works at the DNA Level !

C60 Surprises - Anecdotes of Unique Health Benefits

Feedback.. from users about C60 & health. 

Quotes.. 

http://www.longecity.org/forum/

C60 is powerful stuff and we have only just begun to find out what it can do.

As someone noted from a study, C60 is out of the body in about 96 hours and that's what I noticed myself.

One class of things I'd avoid taking at the same time as c60 in evoo are those designed to impede digestion of fats and olis.60; Dietary fiber like oat bran,60; psyllium, chitosan, or glucomannan.60; I understand that Vitamin C tends to make dietary fiber even more effective at removing lipids from the digestive tract.60; It may go without saying, but if you take any cholesterol medications, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to wash them down with olive oil either.

...the antioxidant nature of C60 is that it doesn't get 'used up', the way a chemical antioxidant like tocopherol or ascorbate might. C60 has a fairly low reduction potential, and electrons can flow on (and then off) without a lot of difficulty. In other words, C60 gets regenerated very easily, while more typical antioxidants need a more potent reducing agent to get recycled.

C60 doesn't work by removing waste; It detoxifies the free radicals before they can create the "waste" (oxidized molecules, which are not themselves free radicals); The first like is a report about the Baati et al. paper that described the results of the serendipitous discovery of c60-olive oil.60; You can get a copy of the paper here. (at the end of the article)

http://extremelongevity.net/wp-conte...-Fullerene.pdf

Without reading every paper, the impression I get is it doesn't work for neurons and retinal cells, but may work for other cells, such as muscle cells.

Anyway, besides spinal pain I feel better than before experimenting with C60 and few other substances - including mental abilities and fatigue resistance.

It's possible that your spondylitis will improve over time when using c60.  I had a long-standing neck problem due to an old injury- two discs were very thin- but after being on c60 for quite a while, I have no more pain.  I've been using it for about two years; I'm not sure exactly when it improved. 
    The improvement I saw in my eczema was pretty rapid.  The spondylitis improvement that I've experienced happened over months of use.

What most impressed me with C60 was not the life extension per say so much as the transport mechanism I suspect it is. It was very mind blowing to see the rats given carbon tetrachloride and not being liver damaged. This indicated to me it could be a transport mechanism of a high order and maybe what gave the olive oil such a kick for extra longevity. If it is then it would help transport nutients into the cell and wastes out. I also suspect it will stay in the body as a transporter since it might not chemically react to anything. I have no scientific or chemistry backround other than just trying things.

Well the only effect I feel sure about is a dramatic increase in caffeine tolerance. I've had 7 cups and I'm only starting to feel the coffeehigh. Weird
    (Reports of Alcohol tolerance is also reported.)
    When I ran out of it, after about four days (~96 hours) alcohol started working better. When I resumed taking C60oo alcohol stopped working as well.

I'm now dosing twice a day 1 mg per dose after noticing an immediate increase in mental clarity/energy holding the C60/OO sublingually and swishing it around before swallowing and I like the effect. 

Unless you're cycling with an off period of months, I don't think that you are ever "off", as far as the important mitochondrial effects are concerned.  There are several different activities that have been noted with c60oo, and they have different dose requirements or half lives.  The improved oxygen utilization effect seems to require the lowest dose, and last the longest.  The immunomodulatory effect that improves cases of asthma, allergies, and eczema appears to be due to a minor oxygenated component in the c60oo,  and requires a larger dose to manifest, so it drops off more quickly.   From Mikey's description, it sounds like the suppression of the high from alcohol requires a larger dose and/or wears off faster.  At the moment, I'm taking ~25mg/month, at two week intervals.  In the past I've used as much as a four week interval between doses.

I'm not sure if "dependency" is the right word, but I don't want to go back to the way I used to be. I very much like the way c60 makes me feel, and there doesn't seem to be much downside to taking reasonable doses. For me, c60 is a medicine that fixes problems I couldn't fix any other way. It's also a performance enhancing drug. It makes me healthier and costs less than I spend on coffee. (A lot less, and I don't buy expensive coffee!) So why would I want to stop using it? Maybe that sounds like the alcoholic who says "I can quit any time I want. I just don't want to." Well, if this is dependency, that's cool. I hope I find some more things this good to be dependent on. 

So far, what i've noticed most since starting c60-oo is a reduction in allergies.

Usually I have pretty severe pollen allergies, sneezing 10-20 times on a rough day. Irritated, scratchy inner throat is also common for me, and it gets especially bad when visiting relatives out of state, in MS. However, I just returned from such a trip with pretty much no allergy symptoms at all, which definitely seems to be an improvement for me.

Albeit, I haven't been there in a few years and my reduction of allergies could be a result of a couple years of supplementation/epigenetic changes, I think it is more likely the result of my C60supplementation.

.........You're not the only one.  Other fullerene analogs have been shown to cause a Th2 to Th1 shift, which moves your immune system away from allergy and atopy.   To me, this is one of the more important effects of c60oo.  I don't have rhinitis, but I have eczema and an atypical (non-reactive) asthma.  C60oo eliminates all of my eczema symptoms and significantly improves my small airway function according to spirometry.  All this is consistent with less Th2 bias.

I have noticed that my stiff knee has improved since upping my dose of C60. Used to be that it took a while to loosen up in the morning and I would limp around for a bit. Suddenly I realized that I don't do that anymore. Also it seems that my blood pressure is always in a good range now. In fact it is rarely over 115/65. I used to have days when it was higher than I would have liked. Blood pressure depends on many things so it's hard to know for sure - but I can't think of anything else I'm doing differently lately.

Not reported in for a long time - about 2 years ago, after finding that my endurance in the gym increased dramatically, I changed my exercise regime to very high repetitions - with high weights. I experienced no pain, and was reallyhaving a wonderful time in the gym throwing weights around. This high rep-high mass regime lead to a severe case of sudden onset tendonitis, which took almost 18 months to calm down. I am now back at the gym - I have been back for 2 months now - and the affected tendon seems to be fine.
    60;
    This discussion on oxygenation of the blood is interesting - it may be one of the mechanisms that explains some of the effects we see with C60OO dosing, although I am of the opinion that the proposed mitochondrial effects are the primary candidate.
    60;
    60;
    Interestingly, over the 18 months, while doing no working out, I lost very little muscle mass.
    60;
    I restarted gym and have rapidly returned to previous strength levels. I am gaining mass. I am lifting higher weights, and doing lower reps in each set - no more than 10 reps per set. I don't get pain while working out, I just reach a point where I simply can't lift the weight for love or money.......and I have almost no post-gym pain - despite over 18 months of going no-where near a gym. This effect I put down to C60OO.60;
    60;
    I am still taking approx 1mL of fullerene OO daily - I am still using my initial homemade batch, which has not run out yet. I don't measure the dose precisely, and I vary it slightly from day to day.
    60;
    I find that on days I miss my dose, my endurance when cycling flags somewhat - I particularly notice this on the uphill cycle climb on the way to work. I am now 48 years old, 49 in August. Prior to starting fullerene OO, I used to really struggle with my cycling, despite being fit, it was getting harder and harder each passing year. I am now almost never get that 'muscle burn' feeling when cycling.

I'm 77 and have been taking taking C60oo for six weeks. 60;I started at a rate of 15mg every two weeks but am switching to 15mg every 10-12 days because the effect appears to wear off at about that time.60;When the effect is wearing off I experience energy loss, back pain, and my life becomes less pleasant.60;All of which vanish within an hour of taking another dose.
    60;
    Overall I have nothing novel to report. 60;My experience with exercise and conditioning, energy level, sense of wellbeing, etc., has been similar to that most posters have reported.
    60;
    My sexual activity has continued to be good for my age but with no change.

True about inability to gauge risks. However, the benefits have been noted by several of us.
    60;
    Turnbuckle and I growing more hair, his being able to run 4 miles again after suffering statin damage that made running 100 yards feel like he ran a marathon, scars fading for both he and I, dogs that couldn't jump into a car's back seating finding it easy, my wrinkles proven by photos to be 1/5th as deep or gone, chaps noting improvements in lifting weights and such. There are a long list of anecdotal benefits, and not just by one person, but by multiple people saying the same things.
    60;
    Then there are those who say they experience problems when they take C60oo every day, who don't when they take it intermittently.
    60;
    And those, like me, who experience no problems other than I can't get buzzed from alcohol.
    60;
    So far the anecdotal benefits seem to far outweigh reports of risks.

Yes, early on Turnbuckle, who remains one of the most intelligent contributors, noted that the crown of his head that was bald was filling in with hair. He noted a study showing this hair-growing effect 60;with rats.60;http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19223242
    60;
    As has happened several times, he said it and then I noticed it happening to me. My hair appeared thicker and seemed to darken slightly over some months.
    60;
    Then he noted scars fading. I noticed the same, but also it was clear that wrinkles that had begun to form around my eyes had faded. A photo of me from April, 2011 compared to a photo of me in July, 2013 showed this clearly AND people who know me and hadn't seen me in a while or people I just met said things like, "If you died your hair, you'd look 40." or "You look younger than the last time I saw you." I'll be 61 in May. I simply don't have much as far as wrinkles on my face.
    60;
    As a super-potent antioxidant, with something like 170 - 280 times more antioxidant potential than vitamin C, C60 appears to enhance the "health" - maybe regenerative ability of elastin and collagen in skin. If we can remove the damage of free-radicals, which C60 appears to do, then skin elastin and collagen can regenerate without the assault of free-radicals contributing to aging. Just a theory.

I wish that I had started taking it in my 20's. I believe that taking it at a younger age would keep one younger than their peers going forward, by far.
    60;
    It doesn't solve all health concerns, but it certainly solves more than any other single compound that I'm aware of.
    60;
    If a young person started taking it and adhered to an optimal diet with smart exercise it seems likely that they might live incredibly long and healthy.
    60;
    Moussa said that they had passed a study design on to an American research team that would keep giving the rats C60 indefinitely to see how long they live. Maybe they will never die.
    60;
    One problem is that C60 doesn't resolve cardiovascular issues. It doesn't change blood pressure, or lipids.
    60;
    So it might be anti-cancer, grow hair, reduce risk of Alzheimer's and other such anti-aging effects, but both Turnbuckle and I have noted no seeming change in cardiovascular parameters.
    60;
    So diet is important, because damage to the cardiovascular system is mostly caused by what one consumes - or smokes.

We've had a number of reports of remarkable improvements in old dogs from c60. I suspect that mitochondrial dysfunction is a problem with old dogs, so c60 is just what the doctor (vet?) ordered.
    In terms of testing on a younger small dog, I began giving weekly C60 to a mixed-breed small dog that had a problem with her knee. The problem could only be truly fixed via surgery but after a few weeks of C60 the limp has gone away and hasn't come back (before it used to go away a few days then come back and repeat for the past year). It's been months now which is the longest she's gone without limping in 18 months. We've been increasing her ball-throwing times since she can handle more now.

Just an update on the old dog mentioned in my previous post, quoted below.

It was given two 1 oz bottles of C60 Olive Oil over the course of about 3 months, and then given no more. It's vitality has continued to improve, as would be expected according to my hypothesis of one of the modes of action of the C60OO.

It was lying around and hardly moving when it first started getting the C60, and now it runs around and gets into dogfights 

The hypothesis, first stated --URL::6062ee04d94bf8f2538d5a2f96bc07b3-- here is that C60OO reduces oxidation of proteins and thereby preserves their functionality. In the case of activity, one major contributor is likely the 'ryanodine receptor', which is damaged in older individuals, through oxidation. It would take some time for the damaged proteins to be consumed and replaced with new ones.

Eventually more new undamaged proteins would be in place, and they would stay relatively undamaged through the action of the C60. This would cause a gradual improvement in activity level over time.

What I have noticed are changes in endurance rather than speed. Used to be that solo racquetball was something I could do only for a little while - I would have to stop and rest frequently. With the C60 I don't need to stop, I can play until I'm bored with it. Don't know if I'm any faster, but I definitely have more endurance.60;

A few weeks ago I cam down on a rock while playing in my flag football league. I thought that I had hurt my shoulder and was babying it, but I was still working the rest of my body in the gym. I ended up damaging my bicep tendon, rather than my shoulder as I had originally thought. A couple of weeks after the initialy injury, the stress on the tendon in the gym caused it to snap, rupturing the long head bicep tendon compeletely. I was in surgery 10 days ago to have the remaining tendon piece removed from my shoulder and the bulk of the tendon reattached via bicep tenodesis, which reattaches it to the upper part of the humerous. I had next to no swelling in my arm from the tendon rupture and far less brusing than in any picture I saw. In addition, I was off pain meds compeletely 3 days after surgery and my follow up today, 10 days after surgery, my surgeon was astonished at how little swelling I had and how much range of motion I already had in my arm.
    60;
    C60 ? Who the hell knows. It sure didn't make the situation worse.

Medical Professional..

Getting back to the subject of C60 anecdotes, I have experienced almost complete relief of the excruciating pain in my left knee (I'm a candidate for a total knee replacement).60; There is still a bit of crepitus when I move my knee, but no pain.60; I don't doubt the is some antioxidant effect at work here, 60;but could C60 have an effect on the Arachidonc Cascade and production of imflammatory prostaglandins? 

I have been taking C60 from SV for almost 2 weeks now and have alternated between the regimens advocated by Turnbuckle and niner.60; The results have exceeded my expectations.60; Now I needn't destroy my heart with COX2 inhibitors or NSAIDS which were some of the other alternatives offered me.60;

Thanks for all the helpful posts and possible mechanisms of actions that have been offered on this website.60; I am extremely leery about ingesting uproven nutraceuticals and the like.60; Again, this forum has proven most informative and helpful!

Well here is a little more anecdotal stuff LOL

My knees started hurting right above the knee cap, when climbing ladders or squatting down after about the age of 52-55, and when I started taking TA65 it went away for awhile, but then came back. One thing I noticed with C60 was any problem with them stopped, after about 4 hours of taking C60 and days later it would come back, and now it seems to stay away when taking a 1/-1/2 teaspoon of C60 every 4 days or so. It is not just your dog LOL 

Since none of the Wistar rats in the study died with cancerous tumors and normally all Wistar rats do die with cancer, I would assume that C60oo would be highly protective of cancer and I expect that I will never get cancer because I take 7 mg of C60oo every morning.

It seems that one of the benefits that we might expect from C60oo is protection from cancer...

I strongly suggest consideration of taking C60oo for it's anti-cancer effects.

Also, as Dr. Moussa said in his video interview, C60 is absolutely non-toxic, so I take it assuming that it causes no cytotoxicity. 

My Roommate (the one with MS) has continued to notice improvements to her MS related symptoms. Her balance has continued to improve at the same rate as her cardio improvement. She hasn't burnt either (UV protection) and hasn't noticed and increased sensitivity to Caffeine.

can anyone explain to me why c60 has the same effect on me as taking anavar, 100 mg/day, but without the side effects? after three weeks of c60, my body is shredded to the max and the increase in my physical strength is just ridiculous. i'm 32 years old, 186 cm tall and i weigh 81 kgs. thanks.

...IMLO, Many athletes have posted about having huge athletic gains while on C60, some are even winning awards that were previously out of their reach.

You should have said that Anavar is an anabolic steroid. As for C60, the improved fat tissue burning comes from enhanced mitochondrial function. I experienced the same. About strength, it is more ATF produce. By the way Anavar is a mild steroid, so, it should not have had side effects. 

Just OO effects: 

Olive Oil
    "The main factor responsible for aging, wrinkly skin is ultraviolet radiation, or skin photoaging. A French study on 1,264 women and 1,655 men suggests that the monounsaturated fatty acid in olive oil is protective against severe photoaging. Photodamage, including blotchy pigmentation, wrinkling and skin sagging, is mainly caused by the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in response to sun exposure. This study suggests that olive oil in the diet increases the ability of the skin to resist damage caused by UV radiation."
    ABC

I'll assert that as a 60 year-old who has taken 7 mg of C60oo every morning (except for a week when I ran out) it has done nothing but good for me.
    60;
    Hair thicker, wrinkles 1/5th as deep, scars on my face have faded to invisibility.60;
    I'm told, "If you died your hair, you'd look 40."60;
    60;
    I agree with Professor Fathi Moussa, the lead researcher of the study that showed nearly double the lifespan of Wistar rats when he said that C60 is "absolutely not toxic" "even taken long term" in the video interview that one can view on60;http://c60.net/60;
    60;
    He's been studying it for 18 years, so that makes me tend to believe him, as he is a world authority.

Well I took a big dose a week ago and I've taken a few smaller doses (3ml) since. Also been on a faste that ended two days ago. I do feel invigorated, hard to say if it's placebo. Definitely no problems with my endurance. My nose feels a bit drier than usual, often it's runny but that might also be because summer is ending.

I started taking C60 for the first time in about a year, one month ago. The most noticeable improvement in my health I've noticed is a major reduction in the terribly tendinitis that had developed in my left shoulder. I realize this improvement could be pure cooncidence it would be pretty amazing if it is C60 that is primarily responsible. I've been taking Sarah Vaughter's product if anyone is curious.

Hi, I figured this should be reported here for what it's worth.

A male friend of a friend of mine, age 55 years, lives in a very remote village in Asia. For over a year now, he's been suffering with chronic respiratory issues. It seems to have been triggered by some heavy air pollution exposure on a trip to the city, which is unusual in his rural environment. In any event, it continued to escalate gradually long after the exposure had terminated. Perhaps his weakened immune system succumbed to a lung infection or virus. About a month ago, it had gotten so bad that we thought he might die. Due to his moderate smoking history, we thought it might be lung cancer. So despite the difficulty in doing so, he found his way to a hospital where they took chest xrays. Certainly, this is not the best way to diagnose lung cancer or other serious lung ailments such as pneumonia. But anyone in his grave state of health should have had obvious symptoms on an xray.  

My friend told me about his predicament because she knows that I'm very interested in leading edge health research of the sort that you find here on Longecity. I told her that I'm not a doctor, and especially in the absence of a diagnosis and given his remote location, this would be extremely difficult to help with.

Coincidentally, I had been doing some extensive c60oo research on this forum around this time, a couple weeks ago. The most salient reported feature of c60oo is evidently that improves endurance, particularly at peak performance. Peak performance was hardly relevant here, but I chanced upon one posting in which the poster reported spirometric evidence of increased lung capacity after some prolonged use. I doubt this was due to the formation of new alveoli, unless that occurred as a natural response to increased exercise ability. Given the large improvement, I suspect that most of the increase was due to the clearance of excessive mucous, which was in turn the result of improved disease resistance. In other words, the c60oo helped the poster's immune system function more efficiently, which resulted in a reduction of inflammation and infective activity. Either way, the anecdote was moderately compelling, particularly since I don't recall other posts reporting the same.

Based on the c60oo retailer review thread, I selected carbon60oliveoil.com (not to be confused with c60oliveoil.com).... I took a gamble and ordered some. I knew it would cost a lot to get it to him, but what's a couple hundred bucks to maybe give him another year of life or more? If it fails, then at least we'll have some other potentially illuminating data.

Let me be clear. We still don't know what he has. My best guess at this point would be a chronic lung infection that has taken advantage of a depressed immune system. He has been taking a daily multivitamin of known good origin for over a year, and more recently a variety of natural herbs. I suggested that he add turmeric and mushrooms to that regimen. All in all, they seem to have stabilized him as of a week ago, but he was not improving. I told him that I couldn't promise to help him, and that in theory c60oo might even hurt him, although the weight of the evidence thus far was strongly against that possibility.

. I told him to take a level teaspoon per day, with a sip of water before and after (because one poster suggested that, and it makes sense because you don't want it sitting in the esophagus), in the morning before eating anything else. (You can imagine the challenges of trying to get a syringe though customs, so "eyeball" measurement will have to do.) As I understand it, this should be roughly 3 mg per day. I told him to take this daily until the supply was exhausted, perhaps in a month.

I told him was that there was "some evidence" that it might help with lung problems, particularly lung capacity. And of course the warning that this stuff, although well tested, was not a proven treatment for anything, and its side effects are not presently understood. I also said that it would be at least a week before he noticed anything, if indeed he would notice anything at all. I also warned him that if he found himself to have great endurance, that he should nevertheless exercise only modestly, and get 20 minutes of sun exposure daily, but otherwise take it easy and allow himself to recover. I realize that most users have reported effects with a few days, but given his condition, that wasn't in the cards here, and I certainly didn't want to give him false hope.

He took his first dose while on the phone, and said it had a nice oily taste, but otherwise noticed nothing. Now it's a couple days later, and he has consumed 2 doses. Not much, statistically, except that this is a highish dose, considering that 1.5 mg seems to be something of a maintenance level, and he's of average build and below average height for his age, vs. most Westerners. My friend called him today because I told her to ask about any bad reactions he might have experienced, knowing that it was too early to discuss positive changes.

His only complaint was that he had developed an ache in his upper back since taking it. When she asked why, he said he wasn't sure. But he went on to explain that he was sleeping on his back, which is something that he had not been able to do since his disease had worsened (and might explain the backache, due to atrophied muscles trying to maintain this posture). He said he was sleeping much better because he could breathe better (which seems to explain why he could once again sleep on his back). He also said that he no longer felt tired, which was unexpected, because he hadn't been told to expect anything in this regard. I honestly didn't expect this myself, as I thought c60oo was mostly about endurance, not basic wakefulness. Maybe if you're sick, it makes you less tired, and when you're healthy, it makes you more endurant. Anyway, the hope is that this thing is some sort of infection which we might be able to kill by temporarily revving his cellular efficiency.

......another update on my friend's friend once he finishes his c60oo, probably later this month. He says he's "fine" now except for a sore throat (pathogen or olive oil burns, not sure which), but we didn't a chance to determine what "fine" actually means, on account of a bad connection.

Can definitely confirm that it has almost eliminated dental tartar/plaque.  I normally have visit the dental hygenist every 3 months (nearly everyone in my family has to do this too - it seems to run in our family).  I have been traveling and really busy so it had been 7 months.  And my teeth looked much better than they would have normally at 3 months.  

Also, I've noticed that when I wake up in the morning my breath smells kind of nice - which, is somewhat unusual.....lol  :D

Cells, whether permanent (these "cells are rarely or not at all replaced during life and can be as old as the whole organism") or not, must be cleansed of toxins in order to maintain their enthusiam for keeping you alive. What is different about C60 is that it ultilizes a very basic building block of life, the Carbon molecule. Carbon filters have been around for a long time... it seems intuitively correct that this substance could play a part in cleasing our cells. I cannot say for sure at this point if Bucky's are making me younger, but I feel it is worthwhile to take it and I will continue to do so. We have two older pets... a cat and a small dog, both around 14-years old. Whenever they seem to be showing their age, I put some C60 in their food. Both of them immediately start to behave like very young animals, playful, active, bright-eyed. Is that conclusive proof? Of course not, but it sure is encouraging as nothing else ever did that for them before.

4. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

angelfire (12th October 2017), Baby Steps (18th July 2017), Basho (16th July 2017), Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), Daozen (16th July 2017), dynamo (21st June 2018), EFO (16th July 2017), enigma3 (3rd August 2017), Eram (17th July 2017), fourty-two (18th September 2017), gaiagirl (2nd August 2017), guayabal (16th July 2017), Jayke (16th July 2017), Joey (16th July 2017), kanishk (18th July 2017), Mike (16th July 2017), Nasu (18th July 2017), Ol' Roy (18th July 2017), Pam (19th July 2017), StandingWave (16th July 2017), suwesi (24th July 2017), toppy (17th July 2017), Unicorn (20th July 2017), vano915 (4th May 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Thanks for posting this stuff. Very useful.

Quote I'll assert that as a 60 year-old who has taken 7 mg of C60oo every morning (except for a week when I ran out) it has done nothing but good for me.
    60;
    Hair thicker, wrinkles 1/5th as deep, scars on my face have faded to invisibility.60;
    I'm told, "If you died your hair, you'd look 40."60;
    60;
    I agree with Professor Fathi Moussa, the lead researcher of the study that showed nearly double the lifespan of Wistar rats when he said that C60 is "absolutely not toxic" "even taken long term" in the video interview that one can view on60;http://c60.net/60;
    60;
    He's been studying it for 18 years, so that makes me tend to believe him, as he is a world authority.

Well I took a big dose a week ago and I've taken a few smaller doses (3ml) since. Also been on a faste that ended two days ago. I do feel invigorated, hard to say if it's placebo. Definitely no problems with my endurance. My nose feels a bit drier than usual, often it's runny but that might also be because summer is ending.
    Looks like it might cost about 5USD per week.
    Last edited by Daozen; 16th July 2017 at 11:49.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th July 2017), Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), dynamo (21st June 2018), EFO (16th July 2017), Nasu (18th July 2017), Ol' Roy (18th July 2017), toppy (17th July 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,284 times in 639 posts

"C60 will kill Ebola virus, a Stem Cell Scientist stated"
    Damn that rocks! It will cure me from ebola, finaly !
    Last edited by Rawhide68; 16th July 2017 at 13:57.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), dynamo (21st June 2018), EFO (16th July 2017), guyres (4th December 2017), Nasu (18th July 2017), TargeT (17th July 2017), toppy (17th July 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

The original posted link gave me
    "Not Found

The requested URL /p-203/c60-olive-oil-buckminsterfullerene-buckyballs-in-oil.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
    here is the full text link (add h before ttp://):
    ttp://shop.owndoc.com/product-info.php?c60-olive-oil-buckminsterfullerene-buckyballs-in-oil-pid203.html

http://shop.owndoc.com/product-info....il-pid203.html
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), dynamo (21st June 2018), Jayke (16th July 2017), Mike (16th July 2017), Nasu (18th July 2017), Pam (19th July 2017), suwesi (24th July 2017), toppy (17th July 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Morocco Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you so much for this thread. I was just now reading your other thread & was going to order some c60 today, so these detailed posts are the icing on the cake.

I've also researched & cured various serious ailments by fanatical reading & experimenting with "alternative" treatments. But I still have fibromyalgia & rheumatism, which can at times feel like a living hell. I understand that 30+ years of hardcore, destructive living cannot be reversed so rapidly. But taking responsibility for my health & being proactive with treatments, has bought me extra years of life & increased my quality of life. Have had multiple friends & acquaintances die of heart attacks in the past 6 months(46 same age as myself), so I'm at that fork in life where health is of utmost importance.
    ISness is my business..

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Basho For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th July 2017), Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), Daozen (16th July 2017), dynamo (21st June 2018), Pam (19th July 2017), toppy (17th July 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Notes were from 2 years ago when I was researching this.. so there maybe broken links..

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), dynamo (21st June 2018), EFO (17th July 2017), Nasu (18th July 2017), toppy (17th July 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Here's a source for the pure powder. The price drops sharply when you spend 200USD or more.

https://us.vwr.com/store/product/748...owder-99-5-c60

Sigma Aldrich's looks cheaper.

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/...g=en&region=TW

These guys are cheaper. No idea about quality.

https://www.sesres.com/fullerene/
    Last edited by Daozen; 17th July 2017 at 01:34.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), dynamo (21st June 2018), kanishk (17th July 2017), Mike (17th July 2017), Nasu (18th July 2017), suwesi (24th July 2017), toppy (17th July 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

It is a matter of making the powder absorbent by the body... not the price of the raw material.

I suggest just trying the product first to see if it benefit you. You can focus on producing it later, if it works.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), CurEus (17th July 2017), dynamo (21st June 2018), EFO (17th July 2017), toppy (17th July 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

I understand people have to do their own research... but most of us coming to this thread are looking for the following info:

- Where can I buy this?
    - How much does a daily dose cost?
    - What's the best form to take this?
    - What are the benefits and tradeoffs between buying it pre-prepared in Olive oil, and buying the powder myself.?

I'm digging thorugh your post to find the relevant information.
    Last edited by Daozen; 18th July 2017 at 00:31.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Alan (25th February 2024), Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), dynamo (21st June 2018), EFO (17th July 2017), fourty-two (19th September 2017), kanishk (17th July 2017), Nasu (18th July 2017), Pam (19th July 2017), toppy (17th July 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,205 times in 437 posts

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    I understand people have to do their own research... but most of us coming to this thread are looking for the following info:

- Where can I buy this?
    - How much does a daily dose cost?
    - What's the best form to take this?
    - What are the benefits and tradeoffs between buying it pre-prepared in Olive oil, and buying the powder myself.?

I'm digging thorugh your info to find the relavent information.
    @Daozen

Most of your questions I saw being addressed at the Swiss shop link product page:
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), Daozen (17th July 2017), dynamo (21st June 2018), toppy (17th July 2017), vano915 (4th May 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by devplan (here)
    @Daozen

Most of your questions I saw being addressed at the Swiss shop link product page:
    You're right devplan, thanks for that. 20 Euros for a months supply seems like a good start. I'll buy a bottle ASAP. My parents will probably get one too. Cheers.

Quote 45 mg Buckminsterfullerene in 50 ml in extra virgin olive oil. This is a higher concentration (the maximum attainable at room temperature) than available from other vendors, because we use overhead stirrers instead of magnetic stirrers and we micro-pulverize the C60 first.

Recommended dose 1.5 mg/day, which is a third of a teaspoon. The bottle should last 1 month. It is unknown what the optimal dose is, so exact dosing is not important.

Our C60 comes from Solaris Chem in Canada.

CANADIAN CUSTOMERS: Please no order more than 4 bottles or your customs may send them back.

This product is prepared exactly the same as the product used in the famous rat longevity study where "Bucky" rats lived nearly twice as long as the control group. C60 is clinically proven to have many beneficial health effects in a variety of organisms. It has anti-cancer effects, brain-rejuvenating effects and cardiovascular health effects as well as extremely dramatic longevity effects in a variety of organisms. For more information on these and other proven biological effects, see c60antiaging.com.

99.5% C60 from Solaris in Canada, vacuum-over dried to > 99.95% in our lab. Extra Virgin Olive oil pressed in our presence in the Cretan village of Voulgaro and transported to our production lab in Swedish Lapland in Västerbotten.

Recommended daily dose for a large adult primate 1.5 mg/day, every day, making a bottle last 30 days.
    Large Adult Primate?
    Last edited by Daozen; 17th July 2017 at 11:19.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), dynamo (21st June 2018), Joey (17th July 2017), kanishk (13th September 2017), toppy (17th July 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 times in 216 posts

@Daozen

This link does not to work, it gives dns error. I'm also interested in how to buy this supplement. Anybody have any other sources?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feritciva For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), dynamo (21st June 2018), toppy (17th July 2017)

27. Link to Post #14
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), dynamo (21st June 2018), Nasu (18th July 2017), toppy (17th July 2017)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Cool Re: Carbon 60 (C60) Antioxidant that works at the DNA Level !

You have been given full of sources in the first snd second post. 4 of the 5 links are working. For you Swiss must be the easiest. And not more expensive if comparing apples with apples , meaning grams of c60 and ml of oil, with other suppliers. I personnally prefer the quality of any swiss product usually over american ones. swiss have a long tradition of health products and of bio discoveries when taking into account that they are only 8 millions of population.

Swiss universities are also at the forefront in similar newly developed compounds. They have a ready market to supply (joking about the international bankers eternal life desires if they are not suicided)
    Quote Posted by Feritciva (here)
    @Daozen

This link does not to work, it gives dns error. I'm also interested in how to buy this supplement. Anybody have any other sources?
    Last edited by Flash; 17th July 2017 at 12:19.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), dynamo (21st June 2018), Nasu (18th July 2017), toppy (17th July 2017)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 times in 784 posts

I've read a lot on C60 this morning. Does anyone have any personal experiences or knowledge of this they would like to share?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), dynamo (21st June 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

As I previously posted in another thread, and probably should have posted here initially, I have taken Carbon 60 for 2 years.

I double dosed the first day and felt nothing during the day, but on awakening.. I felt like a 16 year old kid! I felt so good that I just laid there breathing and enjoying the sensation. At this time in my life I had more pain and physical problem, like with sleep, so being refreshed after sleeping was great. To this day, even if I just take a nap, I feel wonderful on awakening. I also enjoy just laying there breathing and enjoying the pleasant sensation.

Initially I took 1/4 tsp of C60 daily for the first bottle. Now I will take 1/4-1/2 tsp anywhere from 3 days a week, to every couple of weeks just to keep it in my system. If I was ill or exercising hard, I would take it daily.

A friend with long term Leukemia took it and said he noticed he felt better every day.

Initially I ordered from the Swiss supplier, but now use Carbon60OliveOil.com It is faster for me mainly. I did not notice any difference in the two products.

My German Shepherds have taken it when they are ill especially. The female took it right before she had pups, and immediately afterwards to help her recover.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), Cognitive Dissident (25th September 2017), Daozen (18th July 2017), dynamo (21st June 2018), kanishk (18th July 2017), Nasu (18th July 2017), Ol' Roy (18th July 2017)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 times in 784 posts

It was mentioned by one user that it seems very like the effects of Gold Mormus... Interesting to note that Russia's very first natural healing baths/spas were built in areas with naturally occurring C60 in the water/rocks. I may give this a try! Thanks for the info!

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), Daozen (18th July 2017), dynamo (21st June 2018), Nasu (18th July 2017), Perdido (18th July 2017)

37. Link to Post #19
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,533 times in 475 posts

What about the Buckyballs of Silicon created by Dr. Patrick Flanagan, who claims that it decreases the surface tension of water and that such Buckyballs were naturally present in the water of Hunza Valley; and therefore the people of Hunza Valley used to live much longer and look younger at very old age.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), Daozen (18th July 2017), dynamo (21st June 2018), Nasu (18th July 2017)

39. Link to Post #20
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,533 times in 475 posts

Fullerence C60 is available on Alibaba from China. CAS NUMBER: 99685-96-8

I asked them for Quotations, they sent me this message.

We supply the C60 powder as below:
    General type, without functional group.
    Spec is diameter: 0.7nm, Length: 1.1nm with purity of 99.9%.
    We also produce Soluble C60, including water-soluble and alcohol-soluble.
    Would you please confirm the type you need?
    CAS number for this product is 99685-96-8

Why a Bucky ball has a different length and diameter? What type of C60 is used in making these C60 olive oil products? Is the a patent somewhere so I can look into?

Other one says
    99.5% purity 1 gram is 47 USD
    99.9% purity 1 gram is 55 USD
    95% purity 1 gram is 24 USD.
    Without shipping cost.
    Last edited by kanishk; 18th July 2017 at 09:51.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2024), Daozen (18th July 2017), dynamo (21st June 2018), Nasu (18th July 2017), Perdido (18th July 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 9 LastLast