+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 3 9 LastLast

Thread: Carbon 60 (C60) Antioxidant that works at the DNA Level !

1. Link to Post #41
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Default Re: Carbon 60 (C60) Antioxidant that works at the DNA Level !

You really think we're all colluding on a network marketing scam, Target?

I'm skeptical too, but hopeful. I cured myself twice of life threatening mitral valve prolapse using store bought pure Vit C, then store bought Iodine. I know miracles exist on the free market, and the price tag is less than a dollar a day.

I eat only 1 meal a day. It's not so much calorie restriction for me, but eating windows. Similar but slightly different.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

suwesi (3rd August 2017), toppy (9th August 2017), Unicorn (2nd August 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    well, i'm intrigued..

..just ordered some c60..

..i'll report my results in a couple weeks
    Please do, this thread stinks of propaganda...

Perhaps an antioxidant would work on Tilimars but on "DNA" ? .... buzzword alert, which shows a complete lack of understanding of DNA and how the aging proccess works...

Color me skepticalAF.

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)

This is a pic of James George Defares. He died at the age of 88. Look how rosy his cheeks are, and how good his skin is. I would estimate him at about 70 something.

I'd estimate him dead.... dead with good skin is still dead... and 88 is barely above average.

the one easy natural thing we know extends life is calorie restriction.. but not many have the self control for that..
    i've followed the thread. I am going to have to agree with TargeT 100+ %, as far as my personal gut feelings. My feelings are, show how folks can make it for themselves or NIL or free. If it is so good, it should be freely available.. Folks could then donate if such is valid.. Just my humble opinion.. for what it's worth.

4. Link to Post #43
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Your opinions are most welcome. There are plenty of guides on how to make it, most on Longecity. It might be against forum rules to link to them, so I don't.

Here's one:

http://c60.net/how-to-make-c60-olive-oil/

If staff give permission to link to Longecity, I can paste more research.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Perdido (30th August 2017), syrwong (3rd August 2017), TargeT (2nd August 2017), toppy (9th August 2017)

6. Link to Post #44
    Great Britain Avalon Member samildamach's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 356 posts

My chocolate lab,Cadbury was diagnosed last month with arthritis he is eleven years old.I've been looking for alternative medication as although his pain killers work and he is bouncing around like a puppy,he is also as high as a kite for about two hours.I gave him .2mg and now only using half a tablet while he is withdrawing.so far pain free and very lively ,no difference that I can see.next week it will be half a tablet every other day.
    I am using the Swiss supplier ,and will update next week

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samildamach For This Post:

Daozen (2nd August 2017), Perdido (30th August 2017), toppy (9th August 2017)

8. Link to Post #45
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

That's good to hear samildamach. Only 0.2mg is a low dose.

I will buy some from the other supplier too, to see what brand is best. I think it's better to make it at home in the long run. The most expensive piece of kit is a magnetic stirrer, which costs 80USD on Ebay or Amazon. Raw C60 costs 50-100USD per gram. Don't know how much you save by making it at home.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

toppy (9th August 2017)

10. Link to Post #46
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by samildamach (here)
    My chocolate lab,Cadbury was diagnosed last month with arthritis he is eleven years old.I've been looking for alternative medication
    I turned a cat around with congdroten and glucosumine supplements, as well as horses and several humans. (Buy it "for horses" as it comes in bulk and is way cheaper).

For the cat I also like to mixed in a strong blue algae from Klamath lake, but that was mostly for liver issues (might have altered absorption rate however?).

This is a long proven "mitigation" for joint/cartilage issues.

Just in case your current "fix" doesn't last (my prediction).

Raw C60 costs 50-100USD per gram. Don't know how much you save by making it at home.
    That's like, Cocaine prices isn't it? PER gram?

I think I can buy a bulk "for horses" 2lb bag of congdroten and glucosumine for $25ish

You can even get it premixed with MSM
    Last edited by TargeT; 2nd August 2017 at 17:52.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bob (2nd August 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd August 2017), Jayke (3rd August 2017), samildamach (2nd August 2017), toppy (9th August 2017)

12. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,501 times in 5,708 posts

Hi guys,

One week on c60 and i've noticed very little change, if any.

Bummer.

Will give it another week. Check in then

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bob (2nd August 2017), CurEus (3rd August 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd August 2017), kanishk (3rd August 2017), Perdido (2nd August 2017), TargeT (2nd August 2017), toppy (9th August 2017), Unicorn (2nd August 2017)

14. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    ...the one easy natural thing we know extends life is calorie restriction.. but not many have the self control for that..
    From what I've read over the years we can get essentially the same benefit of calorie reduction by avoiding sugar and foods that act like sugar.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Bob (2nd August 2017), kanishk (3rd August 2017), TargeT (2nd August 2017), toppy (9th August 2017), Unicorn (2nd August 2017)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    From what I've read over the years we can get essentially the same benefit of calorie reduction by avoiding sugar and foods that act like sugar.
    Yes, avoiding inflammation... I'd like to see a specific study (purely focused on complex and simple sugar removal) on that, perhaps that's the beneficial part of calorie restriction.

But the old "burning the candle at both ends" idea comes to mind, maybe I'm just relying too much on "old sayings".

I've been eating 1 meal a day ( and only consuming "other than water" in a 6-8 hour window) for around 2 years now; can't say there's a down side as I see it... not sure why (other than a momentum of societal meme's?) I ever ate more than this.

You really think we're all colluding on a network marketing scam, Target?
    Oh no, not that at all.. I just don't like the language I'm seeing, it seems to lack an understanding of how the aging process works (we've got that pretty nailed down, or at least it appears to be we do).

I'm certain there are some great things out there, but not certain that this is one of them
    Last edited by TargeT; 2nd August 2017 at 18:46.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bob (2nd August 2017), Jayke (3rd August 2017), kanishk (3rd August 2017), toppy (9th August 2017)

18. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,123 times in 146 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Hi guys,

One week on c60 and i've noticed very little change, if any.

Bummer.

Will give it another week. Check in then
    What dosage and frequency have you been taking this?
    Do you exercise?
    Do you drink alcohol?
    Did you notice anything different when you awoke?

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

kanishk (3rd August 2017), toppy (9th August 2017), Unicorn (2nd August 2017)

20. Link to Post #51
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hey Mike, I have the same questions as Perdido. Where did you get your supply from? I think there's enough trust here that we can discuss brands openly.... I'm going to try different makers, and probably make it myself long term.

Conk, glycation is a major part of the aging process. Slowing down glycation helps us live longer.

Target, $50/gram is cocaine prices? IDK, you tell me. You're the one who lives in the British Virgin Islands. If you make it yourself, C60/OO might end up at 25-50 cents per day. Not too bad. Im not sure this is legit either, but for 17 euros its worth a try. Animals have better nutritional supplies than humans, i notied that a while back.

If you know something about aging, give us some practical techniques, instead of walking round pointing out our logical fallacies. Calorie restriction, OK. What else? My current protocol will be hydrogen water, c60, eating windows, anti-glycation, herbs, olive leaf, PRP + maybe derma rolling.

If you've got some genuine techniques, please share them. Im 100% open minded and will try anything. What do you think are the 3 most powerful anti-aging substances on the planet right now?

Re: language, pointing out someone's 'rosy cheeks' is a bit unscientific. But glowing skin may indicate good blood supply to the face. Anecdotal evidence has its uses. If anyone gets past the age of 80, I'll ask them what their diet is. 88 is way above average.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Baby Steps (2nd August 2017), conk (22nd August 2017), Jayke (3rd August 2017), TargeT (3rd August 2017), toppy (9th August 2017)

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

I've been testing the c60 for over a week now, didn't notice any change while on it, didn't notice any change while taking a break for 5 days to see if their were any withdrawal type symptoms. It's so cheap though I'll continue taking it for a couple months to see if anything occurs. My guess is that it works primarily in aiding the liver to regenerate, which in turn helps toxins be removed and flushed from the system, potentially slowing down the ageing process in that way.

In terms of energy and strength the c60 doesn't work nearly as well as cordyceps mushroom. Reishi, chaga, he shou wu and other herbal remedies are renowned for boosting longevity (although expensive to source and didn't do much for me when I tested them). There's the book 'the immortal: true accounts of the 250 year old man' that explains different herbal remedies, meditation techniques and daily rituals to keep your chi flowing to boost longevity.

But as has already been mentioned, eating less meals and cutting out sugars has had the greatest impact overall.

Glowing skin actually indicates a healthy thyroid gland, one of the most important endocrine glands to keep healthy in terms of vitality and energy, so there's a lot that can be seen from analysing a persons physical appearance (hormones are the chemical messengers in the body that regulate genetic expression) anything that helps regulate hormones is considered valuable in Chinese medicine, they're the class of herbs known as the adaptogens, the kings of the herbs.

Shilajit is supposed to be one of the worlds best adaptogens, but finding a genuine source at a reasonable price is practically impossible, although my suspicion is that the biological reactions that create shilajit may result in a type of carbon fullerene being produced, wrapped up in 80 odd trace minerals, which could have a profound impact on endocrine health. More research and testing is definitely required though to come to any solid conclusions...

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Baby Steps (3rd August 2017), Daozen (3rd August 2017), kanishk (3rd August 2017), Unicorn (3rd August 2017)

24. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Thanks Jayke. In my experience, I've tried Oriveda mushrooms and shilajit, and I consider this is by far the best brand in quality and research.

Also, recently I've started taking MSM, with great results (most visible in my skin, which turns out to be the first evidence that something else is going at an internal level).

Nicotinamide Riboside is another great supplement. However, it seems that interaction with C60 tends to neutralize the effects of the latter. From what I've read in Longecity's forum, that's one of the reasons why many prefer to use C60 once or twice a week, as they are taking Nicotinamide, too.
    Last edited by Unicorn; 3rd August 2017 at 12:48.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle (Plato)

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unicorn For This Post:

Daozen (3rd August 2017), Jayke (3rd August 2017), kanishk (3rd August 2017), Perdido (30th August 2017)

26. Link to Post #54
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Interesting input, Jayke. A shame that two members have not had great results. A brand name and daily dosage would help a lot in all C60 reports. I don't think those guys on Longecity are bluffing themselves, but I'm wide open to all possibilities.

Im not here to cheerlead C60. Im excited about it, but if I find something better, I'll use that instead. HeShouWu + MSM are good. I can source all the mushrooms/herbs you mentioned locally.

MSM works on the whole body, but the most visible effects are the skin and bowels. If used right, it can wipe out IBS and other digestive disorders.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Jayke (3rd August 2017), kanishk (3rd August 2017), Perdido (30th August 2017)

28. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

I still believe it has potential, I'm still testing it, my theory about it working primarily on the liver just means it'll have a stronger effect on older people whose physiology has already started to wind down. Just because younger people don't notice much change doesn't mean it isn't having any beneficial effects... Just that their system is already in decent health so the beneficial effects might not manifest as noticeably.

And unicorn, thanks for that brand make of shilajit, the last batch I imported from Russia just smelt of burnt tyres lol definitely wasn't legit.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

kanishk (3rd August 2017), Unicorn (3rd August 2017)

30. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Target, $50/gram is cocaine prices? IDK, you tell me. You're the one who lives in the British Virgin Islands.
    US virgin islands are much different than the British Virgin Islands... I wish I lived in the BVI; that's where everyone launders their money (probably still) and you can tell when you visit.... I live on an island of abject poverty.

If you know something about aging, give us some practical techniques, instead of walking round pointing out our logical fallacies. Calorie restriction, OK. What else? My current protocol will be hydrogen water, c60, eating windows, anti-glycation, herbs, olive leaf, PRP + maybe derma rolling.
    so.. give you MORE practical techniques? because ... I did give you practical techniques?

Not sure if this is anti-aging (but it probably helps), I follow "hormesis" (a little bit of the bad stuff is good for you) techniques but not because I think that will greatly effect my longevity; it just makes sense.

Mostly just eat massive quantities of coconut oil.. cuz... its coconut oil...

It's all about the Telomeres baby! (well, our current best guesses point to that).

Nobel prize winner (appeal to authority?) says this:
    Quote If you think of your chromosomes – which carry your genetic material – as shoelaces, telomeres are the little protective tips at the end. They are made of repeating short sequences of DNA sheathed in special proteins.

During our lives they tend to wear down and when telomeres can’t protect chromosomes properly, cells can’t replenish and they malfunction. This sets up physiological changes in the body which increase risks of the major conditions and diseases of ageing: cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, a weakened immune system and more. But the process is somewhat malleable. It is happening in all of us at some rate, but the rate can change. An enzyme called telomerase can add DNA to the ends of chromosomes to slow, prevent and partially reverse the shortening.
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ne-chromosomes

That's about as solid of functional advice I've found.
    Where are you?

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Daozen (3rd August 2017), Jayke (3rd August 2017), kanishk (3rd August 2017)

32. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Hi Perdido and Daozen,

Sorry guys, just seeing your msg now.

The brand is "Bucky Labs". (21.4mg C60/ 30ml oil).

How much did I take? Good question. I was just taking dropperfulls indiscriminately, maybe 5-6 times a day. I went thru a large portion of this small bottle just in the first week.

Perdido, ive done very little drinking in the last couple months. Im not exercising vigorously, but I am on my feet quite a bit.

In all fairness, ive had supps not give me much of a result...And then, 3 or 6 months later I retry and somehow it seems to work. This is what happened with iodine.

I think I'll revisit c60 somewhere down the line

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Jayke (3rd August 2017), kanishk (4th August 2017), Perdido (30th August 2017), TargeT (3rd August 2017)

34. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

I went for the same brand as mike, buckylabs, half a teaspoon a day for 3 days then quarter teaspoon for 4. Took a break for 5 days. No alcohol or smoking, mostly ketogenic diet...I bought it to see if it would boost my kettlebell routine, currently on a 40kg kettlebell and working up to 50kg. In terms of the weights I didn't notice any extra boosts of strength or endurance. I'll probably try the Swedish c60 once this bottle runs out...

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

kanishk (4th August 2017), Mike (3rd August 2017), TargeT (3rd August 2017)

36. Link to Post #59
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks Mike and Jayke...I get that not everyone can measure out drops by the ml. But as much info as possible is helpful. It's interesting, for instance, that Iodine didn't do much for you Mike, whereas I think it's the most amazing substance on Earth. In 2014 a 2 dollar bottle of Povidone from my local store took me from nearly unable to walk, hobbling like a 100 year old man, to fighting fit within one week, doing weights like a madman. Vit C had a similar profound effet on me in 2010.

21ml of C60 in a week should be plenty to have an effect.

So I guess we all have very different physilologies.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Jayke (3rd August 2017), Mike (3rd August 2017)

38. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Thanks Mike and Jayke...I get that not everyone can measure out drops by the ml. But as much info as possible is helpful. It's interesting, for instance, that Iodine didn't do much for you Mike, whereas I think it's the most amazing substance on Earth. In 2014 a 2 dollar bottle of Povidone from my local store took me from nearly unable to walk, hobbling like a 100 year old man, to fighting fit within one week, doing weights like a madman. Vit C had a similar profound effet on me in 2010.

21ml of C60 in a week should be plenty to have an effect.

So I guess we all have very different physilologies.

Oh iodine is hugely helpful for me! I take 12.5mg a day of "Iodoral". It's an amazing nutrient.

What I was saying was, it didn't seem to help when I originally took it. It would give me a dull throbbing headache every time (detox maybe?). I set it aside for a while and started taking it again several months later and it worked beautifully.

That's been my experience with several supps over the years. Maybe initially I dont get anything out of them, and then I try later and I get a wonderful result. Thats what happened with iodine

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Daozen (3rd August 2017), Jayke (3rd August 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 3 9 LastLast