+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plain language stock market news

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

Default Plain language stock market news

Late last week Janet Yellen said something that most people missed. But it will have profound effect on stocks and bonds.

In simplest terms, she is stuck. Can't raise rates and cannot lower them either. Here's my take.
    When in doubt, do the next right thing.
    My blog: http://grayseconomy.com

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (17th July 2017), AutumnW (17th July 2017), Baby Steps (17th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (17th July 2017), genevieve (18th July 2017), jc71 (17th July 2017), Jean-Marie (17th July 2017), jjjones (18th July 2017), justntime2learn (17th July 2017), Mercedes (17th July 2017), mountain_jim (19th July 2017), Noelle (17th July 2017), Rhah (18th July 2017), Richard S. (20th July 2017), Snoweagle (18th July 2017), sunflower (18th July 2017), WhiteLove (17th July 2017), yelik (17th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default Re: Plain language stock market news

Yellen is a Zionist and is trying to sabotage Trump, but can't because he can work with either scenario they give him and make it their worst nightmare.

Raise interest rates: debt more rapidly becomes toxic and eventually forces a crash. Dollar crashes, becomes very devalued, creating a China-like situation in the US where not only our currency is weak but business-stifling regulations have been removed too. Industry will pour into the US for cheap quality labor. Trump has said he actually favors this situation. The economic crash would force people to work in order to feed themselves, keeping the demand for employment as high as the demand for labor would become.

Keep interest rates low: Continue Obama status quo of coddling the weakened American economy, allowing Trump to rebuild it as it exists today with no major crunches and a minimum of uncomfort. We just bleed money and resources everywhere constantly instead of all at once.

This is why they are in a double-bind and can't do anything. It was predicted months ago that the worst thing for Trump's economic recovery would be a Federal Reserve that straddles the line between the two options and will fully commit to neither of them.

4. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

Good analysis mrgray. China and US are feeding the money supply, the US money velocity is decreasing very robustly and the value of the US dollar is in a clear downtrend. This in combination with FED's interest rate raise delay strategy, the negative jobless rate forecast for both China and US (5G/robotics boom), little signs of a lot of new real value fed into the market, the increased likelyhood for tax increases around the corner to compensate and so on combines into what appears to be a global financial system engineered to make the people pay by making as many as possible as poor as possible over as long term as possible.

China's strong second-quarter GDP growth is something I think the market will react negatively to and when the SSH shifts down it is going to trap all the bull investors, which will put pressure on the stock markets. Considering the overall weakness signs we have seen broadly across asset categories recently, the weaker SSH now, the more the whole market will begin to accelerate into a down spiral.

Trump is going to face a situation when he will either A) lose too much popularity or B) be forced to re-consider, re-form and re-build core mechanisms in the financial system. This scenario is advanced and risky, Trump can at any time also consider C) playing the war card, played on him by the elite above him as a result of them not wanting any reforms in the financial system (they or some faction of them might want to gain power from meltdown and war) and telling him C is the best option (the worst option for everyone). It is the perfect storm. Much is going to rely on the quality of the support Trump will have access to, he will need a broad high quality support behind the right actions in order to make the reforms that are necessary. Low quality support or weak action is going to put him in a very tight position and make him forced to go the same route as Obama did.

To me it appears all the cards have already been played against both Trump and the people. It appears to me that it is only the people collectively on a global scale that can change the course, or at least that appears to be the least risky option.

The Trump card might be Russia, but that will pretty much leave everything in a status quo it appears. Whatever angle you take on it, it appears the route with the best results is people taking the lead collectively and have the leaders follow. When not, sadly in a few years it might be too late - for people to make that change, higher intelligence might have to intervene, and maybe that is where it is going... Maybe disclosure will one day be forced out of how everything is developing...

I think that without some kind of reform either by the leaders or by the people, there will be some form of disclosure within the next 5 years. It appears to be the most likely outcome because I think the ETs will be so increasingly concerned and hence their presence will also increase and the case for disclosure becoming necessary will reach a tipping point.

In this light it appears to me that Grant Cameron's latest revelations are well rooted in reality.

Last edited by WhiteLove; 17th July 2017 at 19:03.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (17th July 2017), mgray (17th July 2017)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

The stalemate in Congress to get nothing done because of Russian collusion only enhances stock market rally. The adults in the room, which is the bond market, sees things more clearly as yields fall onto themselves as the US economy moves into deflationary spiral.
    When in doubt, do the next right thing.
    My blog: http://grayseconomy.com

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th July 2017), AutumnW (19th July 2017)

8. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Thanks for this article. I really appreciate you posting them here!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th July 2017), mgray (17th July 2017), WhiteLove (18th July 2017)

10. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

Today there was some strength in the SSH index and when this strength continues in the short term I am not seeing a trend reversal, just a buy opportunity in high potential stocks. Maybe what Yellen did was to resume the up trend for some time still.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

mgray (19th July 2017)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

A good article from Zero Hedge about Bitcoin: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...-internet-1995

Quote Bitcoin Is Like The Internet In 1995

InternationalMan's Nick Giamburno is a strong advocate of international diversification - such as holding multiple passports and offshore assets. It frees you from absolute dependence on any one country. In short, international diversification minimizes the State’s power to coerce you. Bitcoin is an important part of this strategy. It’s an inherently international asset. ...

This Event Could Be Bitcoin’s “Mainstream Moment”

On August 9, 1995, the internet had its “mainstream” moment.

That’s when Netscape held its initial public offering (IPO) and released its web browser, Netscape Navigator, to the world.

At that point, the internet had already been around for 15 years.

Yet despite being one of the greatest inventions in history, the world was slow to adopt. In 1995, only 0.3% of the world’s population used the internet.

The internet needed a catalyst. And looking back, it was Netscape.

The numbers back it up.

In 1995, there were 16 million internet users. Then Netscape Navigator came along. By the end of 1996, the number of internet users had more than doubled to 36 million.

And five years later, we reached over a half-billion users. That’s growth of over 100% annually.

The success of the IPO inspired the term “Netscape moment.” Today, we use the term to describe an event that signals the dawn of a new industry.

I believe we’ve already had our Netscape moment for another technology: bitcoin.

Now, it’s incredibly difficult to make predictions, especially without the benefit of hindsight. And I might be wrong.

Nevertheless, today I’ll tell you which key event over the past two years was bitcoin’s Netscape moment.
    Bitcoin Is Like the Internet in 1995

Today, there’s an estimated 15 million–35 million bitcoin users. We’ll split it in the middle and call it 25 million.

That’s 0.3% of the population… similar to the number of internet users before its Netscape moment.

Like the internet in 1995, bitcoin continues to gain popularity.

+ Reply to Thread