+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Being Being Grateful

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Default Being Being Grateful

They say that love is the key to harmony in our world, but I'd put gratefulness a close second. Here's a clip of unexpected gratefulness being expressed ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqAmR1lEN0I

Just lovely.

B.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

anandacate (19th July 2017), AutumnW (19th July 2017), Bassplayer1 (19th July 2017), Ben (20th July 2017), Bill Ryan (19th July 2017), Bob (19th July 2017), Chester (20th July 2017), DeDukshyn (19th July 2017), Did You See Them (19th July 2017), fourty-two (22nd July 2017), gaiagirl (20th July 2017), genevieve (19th July 2017), Gillian (19th July 2017), Guish (19th July 2017), Innocent Warrior (24th July 2017), Ioneo (20th July 2017), justntime2learn (19th July 2017), latina (19th July 2017), Lifebringer (19th July 2017), littleOne (19th July 2017), lunaflare (19th July 2017), mojo (23rd July 2017), Ol' Roy (20th July 2017), Pam (20th July 2017), syrwong (20th July 2017), toppy (19th July 2017), william r sanford72 (19th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Default Re: Being Being Grateful

My belief is GRATEFUL is prime. Such is an acknowledgement and a 'thanks' energetically. To me all 'love' says (unconditional) is that one is willing to GLOSS over gross atrocities (at the extreme) and allow such to exist, potentially at the expense of others (such as mankind). Love should be dedicated and directed to those who respect life and greatness. A mediocre "love" statement derails those who have performed in unselfish greatness to the betterment of all.

A caring love looks at motives, looks at outcome for the Family, the Group, and eventually all humanity (and the planetary life). Knowing love and knowing Grateful one has both perspectives. Practice makes perfect. Unconditional, your choice, not mine tho..

If the goal is for the mediocre to rise to the level of "ruling the earth" I believe we will be reduced as they say to "lambs" ready to be eaten when appropriate by those who will "take over the flock".

Life is great. Allow it to demonstrate it moreso every moment. Now that to me is joy.

To be and understand GRATEFUL is to open a doorway showing others, 'it can be OK, it IS OK' and the hurdle no longer is a barrier. Grateful says 'thanks' to the universe for 'letting me be'.
    Last edited by Bob; 20th July 2017 at 16:10.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

I feel good after watching this!

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hendog For This Post:

AutumnW (19th July 2017), Bob (19th July 2017), Fellow Aspirant (19th July 2017), fourty-two (22nd July 2017), Guish (19th July 2017), justntime2learn (19th July 2017), Lifebringer (19th July 2017), littleOne (19th July 2017), Pam (20th July 2017), toppy (19th July 2017), william r sanford72 (19th July 2017)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

God did say HE was coming to judge "the ungrateful generations."
    Wouldn't shock me. I agree.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Fellow Aspirant (19th July 2017), Guish (19th July 2017), Pam (20th July 2017), william r sanford72 (19th July 2017)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

This was a wonderful post, animals are more aware too just like us, I'm seeing more of this everyday and it's awesome!! I have post several times about gratefulness. Just 3 weeks ago a friend of mine was telling me how since I taught her how to focus on being grateful for what she has instead of thinking about what's missing in her life (like money or boyfriend) has changed her life dramatically. I'm living proof of that because since I'm doing this every day constantly I have never experienced lacking of anything again and I prosper by the day. I get sad when here in Avalon someone let us know the economic or health situation they are in it's not the best. We tend to believe we are "awake" and somehow we are in regard to conspiracies, ETs, Illuminati, etc. But what about being awake in our own lives or use that knowledge to better our lives? It's really easy, it doesn't cost any money and the results are impressive!! However very few people really take the effort to do it because it's too easy and they don't believe it works because of that.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to latina For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (19th July 2017), Bob (20th July 2017), Fellow Aspirant (19th July 2017), gaiagirl (20th July 2017), Guish (19th July 2017), Pam (20th July 2017), william r sanford72 (19th July 2017)

10. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    My belief is GRATEFUL is prime. Such is an acknowledgement and a 'thanks' energetically. To me all 'love' says (unconditional) is that one is willing to GLOSS over gross atrocities (at the extreme) and allow such to exist, potentially at the expense of others (such as mankind). Love should be dedicated and directed to those who respect life and greatness. A mediocre "love" statement derails those who have performed in unselfish greatness to the betterment of all.

A caring love looks at motives, looks at outcome for the Family, the Group, and eventually all humanity (and the planetary life). Knowing love and knowing Grateful one has both perspectives. Practice makes perfect. Unconditional, your choice, not mine tho..

If the goal is for the mediocre to rise to the level of "ruling the earth" I believe we will be reduced as they say to "lambs" ready to be eaten when appropriate by those who will "take over the flock".
    At the same time, it gives me great pleasure to see predator and prey step out of the Great Game, just momentarily to surrender to the greater reality of love as the foundation, the bedrock of being.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bob (20th July 2017), Fellow Aspirant (19th July 2017), gaiagirl (20th July 2017), Guish (19th July 2017), Pam (24th July 2017), william r sanford72 (23rd July 2017)

12. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

And here's another of the same! Octopus are really interesting creatures ...

When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bob (20th July 2017), Ernie Nemeth (19th July 2017), Fellow Aspirant (19th July 2017), gaiagirl (20th July 2017), Guish (19th July 2017), Ol' Roy (20th July 2017), Pam (20th July 2017), syrwong (20th July 2017), william r sanford72 (23rd July 2017)

14. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

One of my favorite quotes from a guy named Aubrey Marcus I heard on the Joe Rogan Experience was:

"Even if you have nothing, give your gratitude. Even when it is allowed, ask for permission."

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by latina (here)
    This was a wonderful post, animals are more aware too just like us, I'm seeing more of this everyday and it's awesome!! I have post several times about gratefulness. Just 3 weeks ago a friend of mine was telling me how since I taught her how to focus on being grateful for what she has instead of thinking about what's missing in her life (like money or boyfriend) has changed her life dramatically. I'm living proof of that because since I'm doing this every day constantly I have never experienced lacking of anything again and I prosper by the day. I get sad when here in Avalon someone let us know the economic or health situation they are in it's not the best. We tend to believe we are "awake" and somehow we are in regard to conspiracies, ETs, Illuminati, etc. But what about being awake in our own lives or use that knowledge to better our lives? It's really easy, it doesn't cost any money and the results are impressive!! However very few people really take the effort to do it because it's too easy and they don't believe it works because of that.

latina, this is such a beautiful post. Gratitude is the great balancer. It is so easy to become warped in our own wanting. When I am wanting, it is an endless pit that is never filled. Gratitude is like putting on a pair of glasses that let's us see the abundance that is all around us. When I allow myself to focus on what I don't have I can become so miserable, but the simple act of remembering the abundance of my life and the interconnected sharing of the natural world I can change my perspective in the blink of an eye.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bob (20th July 2017), Fellow Aspirant (23rd July 2017), fourty-two (22nd July 2017), william r sanford72 (23rd July 2017)

17. Link to Post #10
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,568 times in 712 posts

Love is give and take. This is a good description of love, but it is only the physical aspect of love. True love must come with the correct attitude.
    The correct attitude of giving is unconditional giving, generally labelled unconditional love.
    The correct attitude of taking is taking with gratitude. Taking with gratitude even for “small things” encourages unconditional giving, and vice versa. The opposite attitude is taken for granted, thinking that I deserve to take, or that the giver has the obligation to give to me.
    It is with these attitudes that love can grow and the entities involved can ascend spiritually, including the octopuses.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

DeDukshyn (21st July 2017), fourty-two (22nd July 2017), Pam (24th July 2017), william r sanford72 (23rd July 2017)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Thanks for posting this, DeDukshyn. I was hoping that someone would, and here you are. I saw this too, but I didn't want to clutter up the post.

Octopi Octopuses? Whatever, are a fascination of mine. They are absolutely one of the most amazing intelligences on (in?) the planet. Their 'escape' feats are legendary.
    Yet their average lifespan is only eight years! Imagine what they might get up to with 30 or forty years to work with ...

B.
    Last edited by Fellow Aspirant; 24th July 2017 at 05:07.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

DeDukshyn (23rd July 2017), Pam (24th July 2017), william r sanford72 (23rd July 2017)

21. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)

Octopi Octopuses?

B.
    Technically, I believe it is octopodes, being named in Greek as opposed to Latin, where octopi would be expected; octopuses was born out of the confusion. All are accepted in modern English.

And I totally relate to your fascination - such a seemingly intelligent, yet simple creature - it goes against expectation within known zoology.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 24th July 2017 at 01:57.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Pam (24th July 2017), william r sanford72 (24th July 2017)

23. Link to Post #13
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

A joyful humpback whale gives her heroes a spectacular show of appreciation.

Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

anandacate (24th July 2017), DeDukshyn (24th July 2017), Fellow Aspirant (24th July 2017), Pam (24th July 2017), william r sanford72 (24th July 2017)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)

Octopi Octopuses?

B.
    Technically, I believe it is octopodes, being named in Greek as opposed to Latin, where octopi would be expected; octopuses was born out of the confusion. All are accepted in modern English.

And I totally relate to your fascination - such a seemingly intelligent, yet simple creature - it goes against expectation within known zoology.
    Yeah, I tend to go with octopuses. Like the Beatles did. Although, now that I think about it, they were saying "octopus' garden", cause it's possessive (and with or without the extra 's' it's all good.

I draw the line at 'octopoo' though.

So, for my fellow octofan, here's a gif site where most of the gifs feature octopuses doing wacky, surprising and stunningly intelligent things. I really go for the ones where the octo is picking stuff up and 'running' with it. So freakin' adaptable! (And adaptability is supposedly one of humanity's greatest strengths.)

Enjoy

https://giphy.com/search/octopuses

B.
    Last edited by Fellow Aspirant; 24th July 2017 at 05:38.

Albert E.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

DeDukshyn (24th July 2017), Pam (24th July 2017), william r sanford72 (24th July 2017)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I love this display!
    Thanks.
    Namaste

B.

Albert E.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Pam (24th July 2017)

+ Reply to Thread