+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UFO report in local paper: there is Hope

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default UFO report in local paper: there is Hope

This - http://www.cowichanvalleycitizen.com...hawnigan-lake/ - was reported in Friday July 14 2017 local paper, "Cowichan Valley Citizen."
    Whether there is another explanation for it is not certain and not my point.

The Citizen, as you will see in the linked text, refers to the video of this object, on YouTube. I tried the link and found that the video was no longer available. Upon a quick search of YouTube, I discovered it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khsjb-GY0EA .

What really impresses me is that this made it into the newspaper. Having said this, I remember many years ago a report in the local paper of a UFO hovering over the local hospital. It was seen by many nurses and patients and I guess it was too difficult to discredit those witnesses as there were many of them.

Having been raised on a local gulf island where residents tend to be very intelligent, the editor of this paper is very forward thinking. I have had many of my rather outspoken letters published by this paper, unlike the original long-lived right-wing local newspaper which went "under." Let's hope there will be more editors like her. By the way, this is a local free paper and everybody around here gets a copy delivered to the door.

I guess there is hope for something of a soft disclosure.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gillian For This Post:

Art (20th July 2017), Chester (20th July 2017), Did You See Them (20th July 2017), Fellow Aspirant (20th July 2017), mojo (20th July 2017), Nasu (19th July 2017), Noelle (19th July 2017), Spiral (20th July 2017), Tyy1907 (20th July 2017), wondering (19th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,876 times in 1,034 posts

Default Re: UFO report in local paper: there is Hope

That is so strange - Let me read and I'll tell you why in a bit.

UPDATED

In Jan 2008 my son and I had our sighting here in the UK and lots of "high strangeness" and "weirdness" ensued in the following weeks.

Then in June of that year my son went to spend time with friends for a couple of months at the Sungoma Art centre near Duncan, Canada.
    ( https://sungomaartcenter.wordpress.c...sungoma-stage/ )

On the day he arrived into Sungoma and just a little distance away a crop circle was discovered. i heard very little about this here in UK but he informed me of it and I eventually found a couple of articles and added the titbit of info to a website I had put together at the time ( Here: Cowichan Crop Circle: scroll down page just a little. http://didyouseethem.weebly.com/ )

Not very much info could be had regarding the formation and it's long been forgotten by myself.

Fast Forward to 2017.

My son returned to the same place/friends in Cowichan area for first time since 2008 in May of this year for a years stay, and yet again more strangeness in this quiet remote area.

My son was 17 when we had our encounter and (as you do at that age ! ) just decided to write a paper on space/time theory. (see here: http://spacetimetheory.weebly.com/ )

Odd.
    Last edited by Did You See Them; 20th July 2017 at 09:09.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Chester (20th July 2017), Fellow Aspirant (20th July 2017), Gillian (20th July 2017), mojo (20th July 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

I hate to say this, but it looks like some sort of mylar balloon.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Gillian (20th July 2017), Intranuclear (22nd July 2017), mojo (20th July 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,876 times in 1,034 posts

It does have very much balloon qualities about it but at the same time its configuration seems "off" somehow.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Gillian (20th July 2017), Spiral (20th July 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

Quote Posted by Did You See Them (here)
    It does have very much balloon qualities about it but at the same time its configuration seems "off" somehow.
    It looks a bit like an inverted pair of dungarees tbh !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Gillian (20th July 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Yes, it is admitted in the article that it could be some sort of balloon and I mentioned that there could be another explanation for it. Other ideas of what it might be are also given. But the paper gave over nearly half a page to this. As I mentioned, I am impressed by the tone of the article: the entertainment of the possibility that this might be an alien craft of some sort. Bit by bit, such articles might settle into the psyche of the public and prepare them. Isn't that what we want?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gillian For This Post:

mojo (20th July 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I saw a flying saucer, a drone that was remote-controlled by a mother ship I thought at the time and when little information could be found about them, on the Lake Cowichan highway back in 1981. It sat there facing me, in my lane(s) in the near dark of early morning, with no other traffic around, and then suddenly went from stand still to a ripping great speed sideways across the oncoming lane and "blinked out." This bit of highway is right behind Mt. Prevost and Mt. Sicker and I think those mountains are attractive to space craft. The hospital isn't far from them either. There was a copper mine in that region, but I don't think copper interests the aliens very much. Besides, the craft I saw I intuited was a drone. I sort of remote viewed it as I approached it, slowing to a speed that felt like flowing cold molasses. In fact, time seemed to become quite strange for me, but maybe because I was feeling quite nervous. There are a lot of sightings over Mt. Brenton, too, which is in what is known as the Mt. Sicker range.

We had a crop circle appear in the field next to our home on Denman Island, a little up the coast from Cowichan. We also used to have bright orange lights, about the size of a toonie or an old tuppeny piece, cross over our faces and bodies, at night, in the dark, usually when trying to fall asleep. These lights would also behave strangely, dancing around the walls and windows of the cabin. Denman is next to Hornby Island and Hornby is said to be a highly energetic area where people go to get recharged. We could not find a possible source for these although we wondered if they were a side effect of flares being dropped over Texada Island. However, they never appeared on a flare-dropping night.

I think there are spates of strange energy around here. We went through a period when small planes, mostly Cessnas, crashed or flipped upside down in Maple Bay. We rarely have small plane crashes and then suddenly we had about seven within eighteen months of each other. The flipping float planes seemed particularly odd; three I think. There was no visible reason for these accidents.

I was out walking my dog at 0430h one morning before an early shift and I heard something akin to static energy coming from the base of Mt. Tzouhalem and the Cowichan River estuary area. It sounded as if somebody was dragging a huge piece of concrete along a paved road: a scraping grating noise. I can do something with my hands, creating static between the palms, then stretching and compressing it. This will cause a similar sound to begin to emanate from my shoulders. It can get quite loud and it reverberates, like the sound arising from the estuary. Oh, and there were no ships in the port at the time.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gillian For This Post:

mojo (20th July 2017), Spiral (20th July 2017), Tyy1907 (21st July 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Maybe its just a new drone/toy but it does seem to show some type of propulsion system yes? And thus my guess would be man made. In addition, if it is man made then the question might be, "what is its purpose?" A toy? A prototype for something that would be used for a serious purpose and not just for fun? To generate a hoax? Note that this is in that very part of the world where almost all of the current SSP/UFO/New Agy Cult religion stuff is popping up... not far from Mt. Shasta for example.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Gillian (21st July 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

That is an interesting twist you give it, Sam Hunter. I had noted the apparent propulsion system which made me think twice about the possibility of it being a hot air balloon in melt down because I think that then, the entire object would have been on fire. Also, Mr. Purcell stated that it was a goodly size and a fair distance in altitude based on his experience with watching flying vehicles from Victoria International (and Vancouver, probably). Those sort of exhaust pipes or whatever they are are curious. I suppose it could be a practice run for something being created by this year's UBC Engineering students. They do an annual prank. For example, one year, they hung a VW from the bottom of a Vancouver bridge.

+ Reply to Thread