Thread: Miseducation by Design - A compilation with Joseph Farrell

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,074 times in 8,172 posts

Default Miseducation by Design - A compilation with Joseph Farrell

[ Rotten to the Common Core ]

Quote Forum Borealis

This Program is part of our seventh series called THE CRISIS OF ACADEMIA
    (Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...)

Published on 22 Jul 2017
    Description pending
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (23rd July 2017), Al Borealis (25th July 2017), anandacate (22nd July 2017), Baby Steps (22nd July 2017), Bill Ryan (22nd July 2017), Bluegreen (22nd July 2017), Callista (23rd July 2017), Calz (23rd July 2017), cursichella1 (27th July 2017), enigma3 (22nd July 2017), Fellow Aspirant (23rd July 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd July 2017), genevieve (22nd July 2017), Hervé (22nd July 2017), jjjones (22nd July 2017), justntime2learn (22nd July 2017), meeradas (22nd July 2017), Rawhide68 (23rd July 2017), RunningDeer (22nd July 2017), silvanelf (31st May 2019), toppy (22nd July 2017), TraineeHuman (23rd July 2017), WhiteLove (22nd July 2017), WTHTLight (22nd July 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Miseducation by Design - A compilation with Joseph Farrell

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Description pending
    FORUM BOREALIS = taking on controversial & marginalized subjects, through in depth conversations with the most interesting and important authors, researchers, & thinkers of today, who's work often overlaps in areas including :

Health Solutions
    Structures of Consciousness
    Human Relationships
    Innovative Culture
    Front-Line Dissidence
    The Crisis of Academia
    Esoteric Philosophy
    Planetary Mysteries
    The Antediluvian Civilization
    Covert History
    The Deep State
    The Black Economy
    The Bormann Brotherhood
    Fringe Science
    Anti-Gravity & Zero Point Energy
    The Breakaway Civilization
    The Classified Space Program

Our shows are gratis & listener funded. Donators have first access to them at our website. Support our Work by becoming a Patron (you do NOT need a Paypal account to donate through them), and by disabling Ad-Block at our Videos, as well as like & share our Shows, Posts & Pages. Stay tuned. : )

Contribute here: https://www.forumborealis.net/contribute

:: :: :: ::

Miseducation by Design - A compilation with Joseph Farrell (S07P02)

© Forum Borealis. May not be reproduced in any commercial way.

Guest: Dr. Joseph Patrick Ferrell (https://www.forumborealis.net/guests)

Bumper music used with cordial permission from © Loopus.net

(http://www.gokhankirdar.info/eng/)

This Program is part of our seventh series called THE CRISIS OF ACADEMIA (Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...DeOyfOCMG_bhWI)

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Al Borealis (25th July 2017), Bluegreen (22nd July 2017), Callista (23rd July 2017), Calz (23rd July 2017), Fellow Aspirant (23rd July 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd July 2017), genevieve (22nd July 2017), justntime2learn (22nd July 2017), meeradas (22nd July 2017), silvanelf (31st May 2019), Snoweagle (22nd July 2017), Tintin (23rd July 2017), WTHTLight (22nd July 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Too true, of course. BUT, and it's a big one, I think that we get the educational system we deserve. It's not the fault of the educational system, it's the fault of the populace that wants it that way. It's a real chicken/egg situation. As a former teacher myself, I would love to have taught the topics and issues as I now see them, but:

1. I was mostly asleep myself (although I gave Chomsky a real go in Media class, and even showed "What the Bleep?" a few times.
    2. I had no real control over the curriculum - hell, we were so badly funded that I was regularly giving out copies of Shakespeare plays that were so old (how old were they?) students would sometimes (really!!!) find their parents' names in the ID listing on the inside cover.
    3. The system is very conservative, and would literally question the sanity of any teacher who went 'rogue'.

It's the old story: not until society wakes up will we call for real change.

B.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Al Borealis (25th July 2017), Callista (23rd July 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd July 2017), jjjones (23rd July 2017), RunningDeer (23rd July 2017), sandy (23rd July 2017), StandingWave (23rd July 2017), Tintin (23rd July 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,620 times in 5,415 posts

Certainly, yes, and absolutely a miseducation by design. Fellow Aspirant does make a very valid point about a system that we deserve, yet I find myself preferring to view this as a system that is inherited - a system that has been foisted upon us, at least in what we term 'the west': a canny device to ensure that intellects are moulded and managed in a way that perpetuates a message, by design. A wilful construct by the architects of deceit to exercise control and suppress the fire of real imagination inherent in us all. Imagination, creativity: available at no cost upon arrival in this dimension.

Gloria Steinem: "Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning."

Jordan Maxwell has before drawn etymological parallels with particular nomenclature eg. 'Doctorate' = 'Indoctrination', 'Master' = mastering the stars and there are many other examples.

I often found myself 'day dreaming' or 'switching off' during the formal education process as I found it largely uninspiring and of course, as the years have progressed, have found topics, and the bewildering and fascinating array of them covered on this forum in the Avalon family, much more in tune with my 'me'. I came to grasp quite some time ago that I have through the sharing of others' similar interests and knowledge an educational home if you like: I have learned so much more than any formal system could ever offer and although I am always careful to avoid bandying terms such as 'truth' loosely around, am pretty certain that this is something I have now come much closer to, outside of a mis-education system.

The knowledge of the ancients and any generational remnants still with us could certainly show us, and do, a cosmic universe of actuality: we would do very well to be paying close attention to them. We may suggest that regaining the term 'University' and applying it to what we learn through fora such as Avalon makes us students and adepts of what I will term a Multiversity. We have all enrolled and will blaze a trail through sharing what we are beginning to better understand.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Al Borealis (25th July 2017), Callista (23rd July 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd July 2017), Rawhide68 (23rd July 2017), RunningDeer (23rd July 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,287 times in 640 posts

I get a a bad feeling everytime i listen to this Norweigan Borealis guys voice.
    (possible reason is old karmatic thing viking wars between Sweden and Norway, he probably killed my cat and ate it)
    Otherwise good interview.
    Last edited by Rawhide68; 23rd July 2017 at 18:14.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

Al Borealis (25th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd July 2017)

+ Reply to Thread