Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lessons To Be Learned...The Special Relationship

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Grizz Griswold's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 times in 288 posts

Default Lessons To Be Learned...The Special Relationship

Hello Everyone,
    It's been a while since I've posted anything.

I would appreciate any input on this subject.
    It seems to me that as long as we are in physical form,
    there are Lessons to be learned. I believe that no one
    in physical form knows it all...this especially includes
    myself.

A Course In Miracles...Describes the "Special Relationship"
    as the one block remaining between us and God..."The One Holdout"
    The One whether being in a relationship or in marriage...that we
    would place before our Creator...

The Course says the Special Relationship is usually experienced as a Love/Hate
    Relationship and usually is conflicted...but has the possibility... with two who
    are near the same level...of becoming the closest thing to Heaven and Our
    Creator.

Please join me in this discussion.
    barry

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Grizz Griswold For This Post:

Ashy67 (25th July 2017), Baby Steps (25th July 2017), barneythez (24th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), Guish (25th July 2017), joeecho (25th July 2017), Kristin (24th July 2017), Michelle Marie (26th July 2017), Nasu (25th July 2017), Omi (26th July 2017), Pam (25th July 2017), Rich (14th September 2017), StandingWave (25th July 2017), thepainterdoug (26th July 2017), Wind (26th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 times in 2,540 posts

Default Re: Lessons To Be Learned...The Special Relationship

Nice to see you posting Grizz. I have found that when I am in the most emotional pain it is due to the depth of love that I feel for the person whom is involved with this pain. The greater the love for the person the deeper the wound. I've managed through a great deal of personal healing to find the humanity in said person and to humanize them, give them a history, find a place of empathy. This does not mean that the relationship is healed, rather that through interpersonal investigation (and seeing my part in the play) it is possible to heal myself. I have also found that one can not heal another, they need to do the work themselves.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

Ashy67 (25th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), Grizz Griswold (25th July 2017), Guish (25th July 2017), joeecho (25th July 2017), Omi (26th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member barneythez's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, I'll give it a shot.....
    I think, that kingdom of heaven lies within. Relationships help, and sometimes distract.
    Know thyself.
    No, I'm not trying to be religious. There are very few quotes I take from the Bible, and it might not be verbatim, but you get the hint.
    Hopefully someday I can speak with experience.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to barneythez For This Post:

Ashy67 (25th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), Grizz Griswold (25th July 2017), Guish (25th July 2017), joeecho (25th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017), Wind (26th July 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Ditto...Kristin
    I see You have practical experience in what We are speaking of. Lol
    In the middle of this we can be in gut wrenching pain...Yet we can stand back
    and look again from the safety of Love and the pain lessens, and we understand
    everything is alright...eventually we smile again...

Everything brings us lessons for our benefit...though we may not feel benefit at the time.

I believe the Healing is done by our Creator but We cannot be healed, without our own Willingness

Loved Your post Kristin
    barry

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Grizz Griswold For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), Guish (25th July 2017), joeecho (25th July 2017), Kristin (25th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by barneythez (here)
    Ok, I'll give it a shot.....
    I think, that kingdom of heaven lies within. Relationships help, and sometimes distract.
    Know thyself.
    No, I'm not trying to be religious. There are very few quotes I take from the Bible, and it might not be verbatim, but you get the hint.
    Hopefully someday I can speak with experience.
    The Kingdom is within!...problem is trying to see the Kingdom within each other.
    That's where all the problems start and lessons learned.
    barneythez...thanks for your comment

barry

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Grizz Griswold For This Post:

barneythez (25th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), Guish (25th July 2017), joeecho (25th July 2017), Kristin (25th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017), Wind (26th July 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 times in 2,540 posts

Quote Posted by Grizz Griswold (here)
    Ditto...Kristin

Everything brings us lessons for our benefit...though we may not feel benefit at the time.

I believe the Healing is done by our Creator but We cannot be healed, without our own Willingness

Loved Your post Kristin
    barry
    I do indeed, the best healing tears are when the good memories and good times can then be appreciated and thought of once more. We are complicated beings and I do not think our creator left us without a tool box.

From the Heart,
    Kris

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

Ashy67 (25th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), Grizz Griswold (25th July 2017), Guish (25th July 2017), joeecho (25th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017), WhiteLove (26th July 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kristin (here)
    Ditto...Kristin

Loved Your post Kristin
    barry
    I do indeed, the best healing tears are when the good memories and good times can then be appreciated and thought of once more. We are complicated beings and I do not think our creator left us without a tool box.

From the Heart,
    Kris
    I Love It Kris...when You speak from the Heart, you'll never tell a lie.

Thank You so much
    b
    Last edited by Grizz Griswold; 25th July 2017 at 01:38.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Grizz Griswold For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), Guish (25th July 2017), joeecho (25th July 2017), Kristin (27th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 times in 1,583 posts

Hi Brother,

We want reality to be X when reality is Y. That's the main cause of suffering. We have to accept things as they are as we try to do our best to fix things we can fix. Speaking of relationships, my Wife had a serious chat with me the other day claiming that she's frustrated with me because I'm too calm and she wants someone who is attached, gets angry to spice things up. You see, all you can do is do your best and leave the rest. This is heaven.

I'm not sure what is your context as it's been a while since we talked to each other.

Cheers,
    Geerish.
    Experience reality beyond the senses
    https://www.facebook.com/geerishhealer/

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Ashy67 (25th July 2017), Baby Steps (25th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), Grizz Griswold (25th July 2017), joeecho (25th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017), Wind (25th July 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Hello Everyone,

myself.

Relationship and usually is conflicted...but has the possibility... with two who
    Creator.

barry
    Good to hear from you again, Grizz!

The "one block" is superficial however in the physical realm it can seem, much of the time, impenetrable. Perception is exceptional at testing faith.

Quote "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." -- Bill Hicks
    Meditate on what you asked along with the Bill Hicks quote above and I wager insight forth coming.

18. Link to Post #10
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Your brother your killer.
    That which gives you pleasure gives you pain
    Everything two sides of the same coin.
    It would seem that you cant have one without the other

Because some one gives us pleasure we have expectation that this will continue---everything fluctuates.
    Nothing including our expectation, our emotions, are constant, that's down to the persona--the actor that claims to be us
    The only constant is Self..
    In my twenties there was extreme jealousy--well founded, rejection--alcoholic misery, suicidal attempt, blaming--why me after all I was a good husband in my estimation.

This led to AA ---spiritual path--Course in Miracles--acceptance--study of non-duality--the acceptance that people for one reason or an other cant help what they do--conditioning, genes, chemical dependence, whatever--they are not themselves.

No matter the spiritual understanding the human body--persona is subject to pleasure and pain--same vehicle different results.
    There is acceptance that as long as I am in a body there will be human action and reaction and the same goes for every "other". No one to blame, though blaming or forgiving is all part of being human.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 25th July 2017 at 08:54.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Baby Steps (25th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), Grizz Griswold (25th July 2017), Guish (25th July 2017), Kristin (27th July 2017), Omi (26th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017), Wind (25th July 2017)

20. Link to Post #11
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,727 times in 1,526 posts

Two guys sitting in a park...one spends his days thinking hard about how to clear the bins, and keep the park tidy. The other one, is planning to move a million people to mars, and save the planet's energy industry.

they get on well, but the rubbish guy cannot figure out why the industrialist would spend time chatting with lowly old him. He struggles to empathise fully with the suited character, but, still, they have lovely chats.

One day, he asks him - 'why would you sit here with me passing a few pleasant minutes chatting, I am nobody, I have achieved little, I know little - why bother with me?'

The suited guy replied' Don't think like that, there are infinite ways that a human soul can decide to experience their journey through this reality. The life you have is full of gifts and learning. Nobody can judge you, or the choices you have made until they have walked a thousand miles in your shoes.'

The rubbish guy thought about it- he could see the sincerity in his eyes. The rubbish guy started to realise, that truly the suited guy did not judge him and his life. The chats in the park were about mutual respect and cooperation. He took a deep breath and sat back.

'Let's go for a beer...'
    Last edited by Baby Steps; 25th July 2017 at 19:40.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), greybeard (25th July 2017), Grizz Griswold (25th July 2017), Guish (25th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017), Wind (26th July 2017)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 times in 189 posts

Hello Grizz Griswold, or shall I call you Barry?
    Thanks for starting this thread, I've been pondering upon some of the things you've mentioned in your OP.

the Special Relationship is usually experienced as a Love/Hate
    Creator.
    As you mention the 'possibility', I'm reminded that anything is possible.
    I like to keep an open mind - it gives me a sense of freedom and liberation.

It's even possible that two similar leveled souls unite to become the furthest away from God.
    There's probably more of this happening in our world than the right way around.

Love/ Hate in a relationship with another is imo lustful love with attachment
    and other negative energies involved. Conflicts are everywhere around this world,
    but oppositions, battles, separation, etc. do not necessarily have to become part of our personal lives.

Negative energies would subside when we seek to experience and understand
    higher forms of love and the unity with another.

The purpose of the two in unity is what the Alchemical Wedding conveys us,
    and what Tantra Yoga is really about.

Some questions:
    -How can love be defined in a Special Relationship?
    -Is our final destination where it's closest to Heaven and the Creator? If not, where?

Quote Posted by Kristin (here)
    I have found that when I am in the most emotional pain it is due to the depth of love that I feel for the person whom is involved with this pain. The greater the love for the person the deeper the wound. I've managed through a great deal of personal healing to find the humanity in said person and to humanize them, give them a history, find a place of empathy. This does not mean that the relationship is healed, rather that through interpersonal investigation (and seeing my part in the play) it is possible to heal myself. I have also found that one can not heal another, they need to do the work themselves.
    Thanks Kristin for sharing your insights from your experiences.
    I can relate very much to what you've mentioned about the relativity of emotional pain and the depth of love.

You seem to have made great personal healing works over some time.
    Maybe this is one of the reasons why you'd feel that one cannot heal another..
    If the theory of 'anything is possible' could be applied here as well,
    perhaps it's possible that there are other ones who can help to let more healing to happen within us.
    It just requires a certain amount of awareness in our waking consciousness to recognize this.
    We're here to help each other and raise ourselves up, after all.

The key is how greatly one can feel compassion and gratitude towards another.
    I am nowhere near the level of loving all beings and feeling blissful in enlightenment, but I keep working on it.
    Remember that all is One. -Edgar Cayce

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), greybeard (26th July 2017), Grizz Griswold (26th July 2017), Guish (26th July 2017), Kristin (27th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017), Wind (26th July 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Hi Chris,
    In deepest appreciation for your input. I see you have an understanding of this post.
    Non duality really doesn't allow for human interaction (non Duality/One) makes us
    feel all warm and fuzzy inside...But let there be a problem with That one "Special Relationship" Yep We already have the one in mind...
    and everything goes down the drain...Non dual be damned! and we are slammed back down to earth
    hard.

The reason A Course In Miracles calls it ...The one hold out...keeping us from God..
    Yet Given over to God it can be the last step to Heaven or Realization.

Wonderful Speaking with You again Chris
    barry
    Last edited by Grizz Griswold; 26th July 2017 at 02:50.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Grizz Griswold For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), greybeard (26th July 2017), Guish (26th July 2017), Kristin (27th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017), Wind (26th July 2017)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Omi;1169024]Hello Grizz Griswold, or shall I call you Barry?
    Thanks for starting this thread, I've been pondering upon some of the things you've mentioned in your OP.

the Special Relationship is usually experienced as a Love/Hate
    Creator.

Quote Some questions:
    -Is our final destination where it's closest to Heaven and the Creator? If not, where
    I don't believe Love can be defined in a Special Relationship...in Truth Love can't be defined at all, and is beyond definition.
    The Special Relationship...The Love/Hate Relationship is a block between us and our Creator.

Yet as The Course says: However given over to God/Creator, the entire Universe joins in...and we have oneness...non duality.

Some here may not be in a Special Relationship, maybe there is someone in their life, they have not forgiven, again a holdout.
    We have endless opportunities, to see God in our Brother. When we see God in our Brother we can see Him in our selves.

Thanks Omi...for Your post
    Perhaps I have raised more questions
    than given answers...that is my intention.

Much Love
    b

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Grizz Griswold For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), greybeard (26th July 2017), Guish (26th July 2017), Kristin (27th July 2017), Omi (26th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017), Wind (26th July 2017)

28. Link to Post #15
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Looking at it from a different perspective
    There is nothing but atoms in movement --energy
    Opposites can attract--or like minded.
    An attraction is founded---You can have a room full of males and females, but the eyes meet, a special relationship is in the making." This is the one for me"

We all change, ok if we grow together.

The body is the receptacle of energy--the chakras are communication devices, they transmit and receive --energy in movement---"e-motion".
    The body contains these emotions and one can carry "baggage" from past experiences--relationships.

One can logically re program the mind but the body does not necessarily release the past easily.
    Energy therapies like bio-energy can help.

Anyway special relationships can become very demanding---- "I have to be the priority"
    By there very nature they separate.

Wayne Dyer defined ego as Edge God Out

ACIM quote Specialness is the last resort of the ego.

The book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" is worth a read.

Relationships are fraught with peril --however it is as it is.

God grant me the serenity
    To accept the things I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    Wisdom to know the difference

Ive rambled a bit.
    Good to see you here Bary.

Ch
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), Grizz Griswold (26th July 2017), Guish (26th July 2017), Kristin (27th July 2017), Omi (26th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017), Wind (26th July 2017)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Some questions:
    -Is our final destination where it's closest to Heaven and the Creator? If not, where
    I don't believe Love can be defined in a Special Relationship...in Truth Love can't be defined at all, and is beyond definition.
    The Special Relationship...The Love/Hate Relationship is a block between us and our Creator.

Yet as The Course says: However given over to God/Creator, the entire Universe joins in...and we have oneness...non duality.

Some here may not be in a Special Relationship, maybe there is someone in their life, they have not forgiven, again a holdout.
    We have endless opportunities, to see God in our Brother. When we see God in our Brother we can see Him in our selves.

Thanks Omi...for Your post
    Perhaps I have raised more questions
    than given answers...that is my intention.

Much Love
    b
    Indeed, love is beyond words. We cannot describe it as it's one of the more subtle energies that we feel with our higher senses.
    Words are limited to express how we experience such things as love, perhaps it shows the extent of our human understanding of it.

There are some people who do not have anyone existing in this world at this moment whom they could be in a special relationship with, which is okay.
    If there's someone in their life that they haven't forgiven yet, perhaps they have certain aspects of themselves which they haven't forgiven yet.
    I agree - when we see God in another, we can see Him in ourselves.

Thanks for your further insights Barry
    One question leads to another, good to converse and share thoughts about.
    Wonderful to connect with you.

Omi

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), greybeard (26th July 2017), Grizz Griswold (26th July 2017), Guish (26th July 2017), Kristin (27th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017), Wind (26th July 2017)

32. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,612 times in 5,382 posts

Unconditional love is the cornerstone of the Course In Miracles. It is stated in the text that love is beyond the teaching of the book. The course is focussed on the blocks to love and the errors in our thinking and behavior as a result.

Unconditional love can be practised but it is not attainable on this side of the veil. It is the experience of love that leads to its correction. It is the disassociation with the ego that leads to right-mindedness.

Only by transforming the special relationship can love be freed. But without the special relationship there is no chance at all of breaking through to the other side. The other side being the bridge that Christ consciousness has constructed. Christ sees no one as special, for only ego sees difference where there is none.

The special relationship is the beginning, if brought to HS, of a new way of experiencing life. It transcends the ego barrier of opposites and corrects the error at its source.

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), greybeard (27th July 2017), Grizz Griswold (26th July 2017), Guish (26th July 2017), Kristin (27th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017), Wind (26th July 2017)

34. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,098 times in 2,584 posts

Hello Everyone,

myself.

Creator.

barry
    I've seen these as part of the awakening process. I call these relationships-- the ones that push all of your buttons, can't seem to escape til it's over, and often comes after a dark night of the soul experience -- ascension buddies. They kick your butt, but are good for your soul. Major test? I don't know, but a recognized part of the awakening process. Seeing life as a mirror and facing one's shadow side -- seems like it is evolutionary to the soul. Not easy, but essential.

I had my own experience and have witnessed these "ascension buddy" relationships that others have. Unconditional love as an intention could bring it forth. One learns to love ones Self unconditionally!

Everything passes...

The New is clearly on the horizon.

Best Love to All,
    MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), greybeard (27th July 2017), Grizz Griswold (27th July 2017), Omi (27th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Looking at it from a different perspective
    There is nothing but atoms in movement --energy
    Opposites can attract--or like minded.
    An attraction is founded---You can have a room full of males and females, but the eyes meet, a special relationship is in the making." This is the one for me"

We all change, ok if we grow together.

The body is the receptacle of energy--the chakras are communication devices, they transmit and receive --energy in movement---"e-motion".
    The body contains these emotions and one can carry "baggage" from past experiences--relationships.

One can logically re program the mind but the body does not necessarily release the past easily.
    Energy therapies like bio-energy can help.

Anyway special relationships can become very demanding---- "I have to be the priority"
    By there very nature they separate.

Wayne Dyer defined ego as Edge God Out

ACIM quote Specialness is the last resort of the ego.

The book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" is worth a read.

Relationships are fraught with peril --however it is as it is.

God grant me the serenity
    To accept the things I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    Wisdom to know the difference

Ive rambled a bit.
    Good to see you here Bary.

Ch

This post puts a big smile on my face - brings back a lot of good memories.

Everything is energy, always in motion - changing from one form to another.
    Some resonate better with certain others, some not.

If the special relationship becomes too demanding, what is there about it
    that makes the relationship special, is it the love/ hate?

Perhaps when things go beyond the physical, emotional, or mental,
    the souls recognize themselves as how they are in original form -
    and what's experienced with another in a way that moves the soul -
    all we're doing is giving more value to the quality of it that resonates well with us.

If we take a step back and look at the bigger picture,
    everything has equal importance and value -
    then there's no need to say what is special or not.

The one in particular that you focus more of your energy to connect with
    is only special in comparison to the others.

From my experience, I feel it's a true blessing to have.
    It's humbling, healing, purifying.

Thanks for this Chris

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), greybeard (27th July 2017), Grizz Griswold (27th July 2017), Kristin (27th July 2017), Pam (28th July 2017), Wind (27th July 2017)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Here's a little Quote..That may me relative to the thread.

“There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts.”
    ― Richard Bach

Lessons to be learned usually come forth as problems.
    The only problem we have is: realizing we are not separate from God. Here on Earth we have unlimited opportunities
    to see God/Creator....We see God/Creator in our Brothers. As We see our Brother We see Ourselves and God.

I hope this spurs more discussion
    I appreciate each and every post.

Much Love
    b

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grizz Griswold For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), greybeard (28th July 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast