Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lessons To Be Learned...The Special Relationship

1. Link to Post #21
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,777 times in 8,583 posts

Default Re: Lessons To Be Learned...The Special Relationship

Quote Posted by Grizz Griswold (here)
    Here's a little Quote..That may me relative to the thread.

“There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts.”
    ― Richard Bach

Lessons to be learned usually come forth as problems.
    The only problem we have is: realizing we are not separate from God. Here on Earth we have unlimited opportunities
    to see God/Creator....We see God/Creator in our Brothers. As We see our Brother We see Ourselves and God.

I hope this spurs more discussion
    I appreciate each and every post.

Much Love
    b
    Yes this is true--however there are levels --you could say different "spiritual" vibrations.
    The experiences that were the most painful taught the "me" the most
    From the seeming lack of love I learned Self worth.
    Jealousy and frustration led to forgiving and to some understanding in the world of cause and effect.

However through daily spiritual practice, eventually, I came to the realization that the Self--the inner core was unchanged --not stained--not damaged.
    The persona at its level is still damaged--vulnerable and sensitive.
    There is now an ability to quickly see through ego reaction as it is arising and just let it be without the need to be affected by the ups and downs.

Life goes on and there have been situations where I could have been overwhelmed------compassion arises were it may be helpful.

Nasargadatta said "Unconditional love is only possible if enlightened---otherwise there is always some "pay value" if only a good feeling to have helped."

Ch
    A charity to help African Children become self sufficient. :attention:

http://www.learningtoolsforselfdevelopment.co.uk/

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Grizz Griswold (28th July 2017), Guish (28th July 2017), Omi (28th July 2017), Wind (28th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,777 times in 8,583 posts

Addiction is a love affair with the " whatever" --this may be subconscious but the need for the high is put before all else.
    The love of a spouse, of family---can not break the spell.
    Religious belief to no avail--some of the cloth are addicted
    Medicine no relief--some Drs are addicted
    Addiction of any kind has no respect of social position or beliefs.

The unconditional love is an energy to be found at most Twelve step meetings --its not personal--not coming from an individual, but the group energy manifest this unconditional love--acceptance. This acceptance and energy can bring about change---only if the person is ready to accept the suggestions.

Put no head above your own --is good advice--we are all equal--albeit in different ways.

This may seem off topic but there is more than one kind of special relationship.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 30th July 2017 at 13:41. Reason: clarity
    A charity to help African Children become self sufficient. :attention:

http://www.learningtoolsforselfdevelopment.co.uk/

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Grizz Griswold (30th July 2017), Guish (30th July 2017), Omi (1st August 2017), Wind (30th July 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,336 times in 2,953 posts

Have enjoyed reading all these posts! It seems each person comes from his/her own particular set of circumstances. Some people live their entire lives feeling no need to try & figure out anything.....just coasting along with what has come their way. Why do some of us wish to "understand'?! I remember reading here recently that the Base Reality is Consciousness. Would that be a continuous flowing? Each person seems to have a certain idea as his/her own "base" starting point. Is that why there is so much confusion? As we move through Life, what we consider our Base Reality may change, which in turn changes how we think about The Whole!

Perhaps this is why I don't even like the word "God" anymore as each person has his/her own definition of what that word entails. I prefer to imagine a vast Sea of underlying Unconditional Love flowing through all Universes & Realities where all is "allowable", but each Being, sovereign, able to make individual choices. It IS interesting to sit at the latter end of my life & look back over all that has occurred realizing now that some of the events were "guided" & I had no idea of what was going on as I lived through the circumstances.

I have no idea "who" or "what" guided me to Avalon, but the interaction here has allowed my vision to broaden immensely! Thanks Bill!!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

greybeard (30th July 2017), Grizz Griswold (30th July 2017), Guish (30th July 2017), Omi (1st August 2017), Wind (30th July 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Grizz Griswold's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,498 times in 288 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Addiction is a love affair with the " whatever" --this may be subconscious but the need for the high is put before all else.

The unconditional love is an energy to be found at most Twelve step meetings --its not personal--not coming from an individual, but the group energy manifest this unconditional love--acceptance. This acceptance and energy can bring about change---only if the person is ready to accept the suggestions.

Put no head above your own --is good advice--we are all equal--albeit in different ways.

This may seem off topic but there is more than one kind of special relationship.

Chris
    All good stuff Chris..
    Everything!!!! except what is to be found within "Ourselves"
    Is the stuff of addiction/the problem and will keep us
    from our True Self/ God/Creator

Love
    b

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grizz Griswold For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), greybeard (30th July 2017), Guish (30th July 2017), Wind (30th July 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Grizz Griswold's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,498 times in 288 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Have enjoyed reading all these posts! It seems each person comes from his/her own particular set of circumstances. Some people live their entire lives feeling no need to try & figure out anything.....just coasting along with what has come their way. Why do some of us wish to "understand'?! I remember reading here recently that the Base Reality is Consciousness. Would that be a continuous flowing? Each person seems to have a certain idea as his/her own "base" starting point. Is that why there is so much confusion? As we move through Life, what we consider our Base Reality may change, which in turn changes how we think about The Whole!

Perhaps this is why I don't even like the word "God" anymore as each person has his/her own definition of what that word entails. I prefer to imagine a vast Sea of underlying Unconditional Love flowing through all Universes & Realities where all is "allowable", but each Being, sovereign, able to make individual choices. It IS interesting to sit at the latter end of my life & look back over all that has occurred realizing now that some of the events were "guided" & I had no idea of what was going on as I lived through the circumstances.

I have no idea "who" or "what" guided me to Avalon, but the interaction here has allowed my vision to broaden immensely! Thanks Bill!!
    Thank You...Foxie Loxie

It seems life experience here is one of learning, the pains and fleeting joy that have come, all lessons. There seem to be lessons that present themselves
    for the learning. These days I long for the lessons and in Gratitude I accept them, when we become
    complacent, thinking everything is fine is usually when we get slammed by a really big lesson.
    My advice: don't get too comfortable here, this place isn't Our home.
    Or I may be completely full of it!

b
    Last edited by Grizz Griswold; 30th July 2017 at 16:27.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grizz Griswold For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), greybeard (30th July 2017), Guish (30th July 2017), Wind (30th July 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,251 times in 1,538 posts

Life is pain, joy and suffering. It's all. This is why the term equanimity is often mentioned. We have to accept these dark moments and have to learn what is causing us to suffer and work on them. Sometimes we feel better without doing anything because the problem was made up by the brain. If everything was predictable and easy, wouldn't life be boring?

Cheers,
    Geerish.
    Last edited by Guish; 30th July 2017 at 17:59.
    Experience reality beyond the senses
    https://www.facebook.com/geerishhealer/

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), greybeard (30th July 2017), Grizz Griswold (30th July 2017), Wind (30th July 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,251 times in 1,538 posts

~ Become a Lake ~

An aging master grew tired of his apprentice’s complaints. One morning, he sent him to get some salt. When the apprentice returned, the master told him to mix a handful of salt in a glass of water and then drink it.

“How does it taste?” the master asked.
    “Bitter,” said the apprentice.

The master chuckled and then asked the young man to take the same handful of salt and put it in the lake. The two walked in silence to the nearby lake and once the apprentice swirled his handful of salt in the water, the old man said, “Now drink from the lake.”

As the water dripped down the young man’s chin, the master asked, “How does it taste?”

“Fresh,” remarked the apprentice.
    “Do you taste the salt?” asked the master.

“No,” said the young man. At this the master sat beside this serious young man, and explained softly:

“The pain of life is pure salt; no more, no less. The amount of pain in life remains exactly the same. However, the amount of bitterness we taste depends on the container we put the pain in. So when you are in pain, the only thing you can do is to enlarge your sense of things. Stop being a glass. Become a lake.”
    Experience reality beyond the senses
    https://www.facebook.com/geerishhealer/

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th July 2017), greybeard (30th July 2017), Grizz Griswold (30th July 2017), Omi (1st August 2017), Wind (30th July 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 times in 188 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)

Chris
    Is it not the individual person's soul that recognizes the unconditional love, as being part of the Whole?
    When one's consciousness rises to a higher frequency,
    it finds itself in a group energy which manifest unconditional love.
    In reality, it embraces all existing beings, unconditionally.
    We as collective consciousness strive to becoming more aware and open to receiving this.

Yes, there is indeed more than one kind of special relationship.
    They are all equally meaningful, albeit in subtle different ways.

Numbers increase the more one is ready to receive the lessons through each relationship.
    Although details are varied, the overall lesson is to experience unconditional love.

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)

Thanks Foxie Loxie for sharing your thoughts

Developing one's capacity to "understand" is to figure out the reasons.
    Everything happens for a reason.

We find solutions to move forward by first understanding - accepting things as how they are
    gives better insight on what we should let go of, and new things that we can receive.
    Even in very difficult situations, gaining deeper understanding of why things have happened that way
    allows us to forgive, have more empathy, compassion, love.

We continuously flow with the changes that bring opportunities for us to learn and grow from.
    So grateful that I'm still alive in this earthly world, and for everything that lifts me up.

Many thanks to Bill and everyone here on PA for one of the greatest opportunities we can have.
    Remember that all is One. -Edgar Cayce

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

greybeard (1st August 2017), Grizz Griswold (1st August 2017), kanishk (2nd October 2017), Wind (2nd August 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2