+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Metaphysics & Neurology

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Metaphysics & Neurology

Does anyone know if there have been studies concerning a correlation between extrasensory perceptions/OBEs/chakra activations/etc & activity in specific regions of the brain?

I'm looking into a Trans-cranial Direct Stimulation device.

For a while I've been thinking about frequency targeted binaural beats and isochronic tones being used to assist in astral projection and chakra activation. tCDS also operates by targeting specific areas of the brain but with 12-24 volt stimulation. There are brain maps to use the tCDS devices to treat for memory, comprehension, depression and PTSD. So if any of our metaphysical characteristics are connected to our neurology (as opposed to being strictly an act of consciousness) then there might be a use. If breathing techniques and yoga and fluoride and binaural beats have an influence on our spiritual experience then there's got to be some value to investigating the possibilities.

Seems someone in the last 50 years would have had to have done some MRI scans on some yogis or gurus while doing something spiritual to see if there was heightened activity in the parietal lobe or the pineal gland...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bbow73 For This Post:

Baby Steps (28th July 2017), Jayke (28th July 2017), kirolak (28th July 2017), Noelle (28th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Default Re: Metaphysics & Neurology

You might want to look into Christopher DeCharms. He was doing just that thing when I was his roommate, but I don't know if he published any findings. He's in LA now, I think, and should not be hard to find.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

bbow73 (28th July 2017), Caliban (19th May 2018), kirolak (28th July 2017), Noelle (28th July 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Quote Posted by bbow73 (here)
    Seems someone in the last 50 years would have had to have done some MRI scans on some yogis or gurus while doing something spiritual to see if there was heightened activity in the parietal lobe or the pineal gland...
    Dr Elmer Green at the Menninger foundation was researching these topics in the 70's...his book can be found at

http://www.consciousnessandbiofeedback.org/store/

Along with Maxwell Cade and his studies into the Awakened mind...this following article mentions both Cades work and Elmer Greens work...

http://www.brainwavetraining.com/brainwave.htm

More recent studies include Michael Persinger and his 'God Helmet'...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet

and slightly more technical is Dan Winters further developments within the Maxwell Cades awakened mind research...http://www.flameinmind.com

Alan Snyder works directly with the transcranial stimulation devices but mostly for creativity enhancement, still worth reviewing his work though...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX23Zzoqqfk
    Last edited by Jayke; 28th July 2017 at 07:29.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

bbow73 (28th July 2017), kirolak (28th July 2017), Noelle (28th July 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 times in 189 posts

A colleague and good friend of mine is taking a course on Theralogy, and gave me a trial therapy session yesterday.

It uses a set of 12 blue and red 'Redater Patches', which you place on specific meridians of the body.
    What it does is release blockages in the organs by reviving the photons back to its original energy level and improving the circulation of the meridians.

There are a number of ways to place the redater patches on meridians.
    My friend tried the meridians on my arms and legs, then front/ back sides of my torso, on my neck, then lastly on the temples of my head.

It worked instantaneously for me, but it may very well be my sensitivity to energy flow that I could feel the cells of my body realigning.
    Blockages were clearing up especially in my head, my third eye was being activated and felt so much energy that I couldn't sleep last night.
    I was basically in a trance/ meditation mode. I felt great waking up this morning too, after having less sleep than usual.

The courses seem to be only available in certain EU countries at the moment,
    but perhaps there are some therapists from other counties who've taken the course and are practitioners in their home countries.
    Definitely worth looking into imo.
    Remember that all is One. -Edgar Cayce

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

bbow73 (28th July 2017), fourty-two (29th July 2017), kanishk (2nd October 2017), kirolak (28th July 2017), Noelle (28th July 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    UK Avalon Member Cannot_TellALie's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello I am New: I were looking to join a thread or start a post (MY Story) on what happened several yrs back regarding pineal and pituitary gland vibrating together of what I can only describe as a piazo ignition in the forehead so strong it took out a frontal metal Crown Post of around 40yrs - obliterating the cavity: I believe activation were through a Subliminal On-screen Trigger .. it's quite a long story IF anyone is Interested and I have to say somewhat sinister: At the end added more suspicion were what I can only describe as a vision that seemed to be of infra*red spectrum: I have yet to find another of similar experience .. If I am on the wrong thread I Apologies .....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cannot_TellALie For This Post:

shaberon (18th May 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,520 times in 4,010 posts

Hi,

you might as well add the details here. Thread seems to be looking for scientific studies, but the ordinary individual doesn't usually have those in their pocket; trying to make sense of some of our experiences is as close as it gets.

Piezo is not an ignition, it is a behavior demonstrated by crystals which converts vibration into electricity or vice-versa. It seems you felt something similar. It did something destructive to a dental implant?

You may have indeed seen infra-red. Color is completely made by the brain; science can only explain that frequencies of light move through space. We constantly "see" infra-red because those frequencies are everywhere, but most human brains do not respond.

+ Reply to Thread