+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: When did the light go on for you?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default When did the light go on for you?

I've done my fair share of digging into esoteric topics, mostly over the last 5 or so years. Some things certainly "resonate" with me, and some things do not (sorry for the overused term). Through it all, the only thing I’ve become absolutely certain of is that I have been lied to about a great many things (history, current events, spiritual matters, etc). That is sadly among the only foundations upon which I can cling to now.

The past five years have been a roller coaster and I’ve lost a lot of friendships as a result of my newly found “awareness”, if I can even call it that. I try not to lament the loss of friends so much since I know I can never go back to my previous state of ignorance, but it is a lonely path sometimes. And every time I think I’m on to something, I get thrown for a complete loop and my world comes crashing down again. It is just soooo emotionally draining.

That said, I am eternally grateful to have found this forum. Admittedly, I’m not always the sharpest knife in the drawer, and sometimes it takes me a while to process things (Adult ADD – both a curse & a blessing). Some of the material I come across here seems completely beyond my comprehension. I guess I just wish that I could talk to someone or read something, after which things would just click for me – at least in the same manner that it seems to have for so many folks here. Some of you just seem “to know” – how, may I ask?

I guess I’m a little jealous (but also somewhat skeptical), because I’ve only had one or two “strange” experiences in my life, all of which could probably have very normal explanations. I’ve tried meditation, but my mind is impossibly itinerant. I’ve never experienced an OBE, recognized an aura, communicated telepathically, nor had any sort of premonition come true. Yet some of you have had some incredible experiences with these and much more. Again, how? Is it an awareness thing? I know that there is more out there, I just wish I could “touch it”.

And for the record, I was raised Christian, but I’d hardly call myself that now – although I do wholeheartedly subscribe to Jesus’ primary message of love, kindness and forgiveness. In fact, nothing gives me greater joy than when I'm "connecting" with others in a loving, joyful manner. I’ve also read a good deal of the Law of One transcripts but recently came across some bits of information that led me to seriously question the authenticity of the material – another disappointment.

You see, I want to believe that there’s more. But thus far in my life, I’ve found very little evidence. And with the state of current world affairs, it's becoming harder and harder to smile. I think it would help if some of you good folks could share some of your moments of epiphany, as it were.

Thanks and much love to you all,

TFS
    Last edited by TinFoilSuit; 29th July 2017 at 01:25.

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to TinFoilSuit For This Post:

Art (1st August 2017), Ashy67 (4th August 2017), Bluegreen (28th July 2017), Chester (6th August 2017), DebJoy (1st August 2017), findingneo (29th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th July 2017), Helene West (28th July 2017), Hervé (28th July 2017), Iloveyou (28th July 2017), Innocent Warrior (29th July 2017), justntime2learn (28th July 2017), Krist (29th July 2017), ljwheat (31st July 2017), Matt P (28th July 2017), Michi (28th July 2017), Mike (28th July 2017), Nasu (28th July 2017), Noelle (28th July 2017), Orph (28th July 2017), Rawhide68 (28th July 2017), sijohn (28th July 2017), Spellbound (29th July 2017), Spiral (30th July 2017), starlight (28th July 2017), WhiteLove (28th July 2017), Wind (28th July 2017), wondering (28th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: When did the light go on for you?

There's much, much, much, more ..... welcome. When you wake up it can feel very lonely, and feel like you've been born on the wrong planet; in the wrong family, etc. This is common. There is a big community out there who are similar and thank goodness for the internet and for sites like this, where we can connect. Thank you Bill Ryan. Unfortunately you can't go back to not knowing (but would you want to?). Just forge ahead. Another thing when you wake up, you realise that loving kindness is beyond the divisiveness of any religion. It belongs to all and is the heart of life. Have you discovered NDE's and literature/videos on that subject? Try Eben Alexander, Anita Moorjani, Mary Neal.
    I also didn't get on board with the Law of One and didn't feel it was of a pure quality. I found lots of disappointments along the way, because human beings are at different stages of development and so are prone to ego and manipulation and lower astral information (just because someone is on the other side doesn't mean they are evolved). I think your own intuition is a great tool, to learn to discern and trust what you come across.
    My own journey, if it's of any help to you, was springboarded by discovering/remembering spiritual healing, from a book (it felt like I'd done it my whole life but had somehow forgotten until that moment) and Shirley MacLaine's book 'Going Within' and learning dowsing, all around the same time. Dowsing helps to hone the intuition. Then it all snowballed and I spent years studying the ageless wisdom teachings ; Alice Bailey, Helena Blavatsky, Paramahansa Yogananda, as well as philosopher J. Krishnamurti, and tuned-in physicists like David Bohm and Fritjof Capra. I devoured a library, over several years and got into meditation. I experienced outright miracles, especially with the healing, but the most interesting experiences were while in everyday consciousness and going about my business. These I don't talk about but they taught me that the dimensions are all right here. We don't have to sit in meditation in order to have an experience of a higher nature.
    I wish you a happy, loving and adventurous journey.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to GloriaP For This Post:

Ashy67 (4th August 2017), Bluegreen (30th July 2017), Chester (6th August 2017), DebJoy (1st August 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th July 2017), Helene West (28th July 2017), Innocent Warrior (29th July 2017), justntime2learn (28th July 2017), Mike (28th July 2017), Nasu (28th July 2017), Noelle (28th July 2017), Spellbound (29th July 2017), TinFoilSuit (28th July 2017), Tintin (29th July 2017), wondering (28th July 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

In this tweet business expert Robert Kiyosaki comments on the same thing only from a different angle - you are now rising above situations. You are needed.

Amy Call had an NDE that she shared to us and mentioned how different areas of the world have different energy states/frequency. I believe that if you sleep at the right location you can break free from the local consciousness field and tap into intelligence at higher realms. In order to experience a UFO I think it is key to communicate a contact request through Christ, when you find the true peace within it appears there are ET beings out there that want to make a connection - they appear to seek spiritual connection, I think they are somehow aware of the emotions you send, what they mean and respond intelligently from a higher level awareness. If you want and your free will is not violated, they will open your eyes when it on a higher level makes sense to do so. When this has happened to you and you are aware of how vast our universe is, you become humble and realize how much there is to discover. This makes you lean towards seeing the truth rather than becoming stuck with the false, which has great limitation and makes you depressed.

There is a great YouTube channel called Limitless-TV which is on the rise and I think it will become huge. For only $2.50 you can get Kris Krohn's Limitless book which has an appendix with 1000 beliefs that can release a ton of density by turning the false into truth. Kris retired at the age of 26. Why, because he did not judge.

I believe that truth is layered from relative to absolute, from negative to positive. There are relative truths out there that shadow more absolute truths. Truth seeking is to a great degree a process of clearing those relative truth clouds, in other words it is a spiritual growth process. Dr. Richard Alan Miller said it nicely - "the answers are within".

Even at the level of your highest being, your highest dream of love, there is great limitation, because that is colored by your subjectivity. In fact, that incredible state of bliss is like a drop of water that has not yet hit the ocean. That is what is out there and that is what truth seekers are searching for in their quest for the truth. I call it a miracle, because that is what it is.

A major thing that confuses people is that it is generally believed the most successful, the most wealthy, the most powerful, the most business skilled, the most information aware humans on earth or wherever they are, have scaled to max and you can only achieve that much and no more. That is a false reference point. They are digging gold, have found some gold and are still at the surface.
    Last edited by WhiteLove; 28th July 2017 at 10:47.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

Ashy67 (4th August 2017), Chester (6th August 2017), DebJoy (1st August 2017), findingneo (29th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th July 2017), Helene West (28th July 2017), Innocent Warrior (29th July 2017), Nasu (28th July 2017), Noelle (28th July 2017), Spellbound (29th July 2017), TinFoilSuit (28th July 2017), Tintin (29th July 2017), wondering (28th July 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member starlight's Avatar
    Thanks

TinFoilSuit, you are not alone.

I am young and had my awakening about two years ago. Like you, I've never had an 'out of this world' experience. Never seen a ufo, had an obe, seen orbs, 'felt' a presence; absolutely nothing. I understand and share your frustration. Being a small puzzle piece to this massive website can make you feel inadequate for not having an experience like the ones we read on here every day.

However, I believe we may share the same feeling- it is within reach. Think of it this way: everyone starts somewhere. Timing is everything and we do not yet fully understand it. I think our awakening is a major step in the right direction. Keep reading, researching, meditating, and consciously asking to be shown the magic we are blinded to. We live in a matrix where their sole job is to oppress us- a battle between a lion and lamb. Will you give up your fight so soon?

Be well

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to starlight For This Post:

Art (1st August 2017), Bluegreen (30th July 2017), Chester (6th August 2017), DebJoy (1st August 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th July 2017), Helene West (28th July 2017), Innocent Warrior (29th July 2017), Jackson (1st August 2017), justntime2learn (28th July 2017), Nasu (28th July 2017), Noelle (28th July 2017), Spellbound (29th July 2017), TinFoilSuit (28th July 2017), WhiteLove (28th July 2017), Wind (30th July 2017), wondering (28th July 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dear TinFoilSuit

I cant remember who said it and I am not claiming this is my own but somebody said

the truth will set you free but first it will p#ss you off

In my experience this is very true and my " awakening" was many years ago and I am sure that my experience is not unique but I am still regulary p#ssed off and frustrated and believe that obstacles are deliberately put in the way to gain the understanding nessecary to progress to a higher under standing and more complete comprehension of the "big picture".

I to, am not the sharpest knife in the box but have the ability to assimilate new imformation , data , and have a phenomenal recall of spoken imformation on a personal level but when trying to get to grips with certain subjects, theories and ideas it seems to me that my thought process becomes scrambled and I can read the same sentence many times and the imformation will just not stick but I persist and mostly overcome this.

I think this probably a war and the enemy is very powerful but can be overcome, maybe we are warriors but the path of the warrior is not an easy one and once taken can not be reversed easily, if at all.

I welcome a new comrade in the struggle, you will find many more here in avalon, I can offer you no more or better

Sijohn

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to sijohn For This Post:

Bluegreen (30th July 2017), Chester (6th August 2017), DebJoy (1st August 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th July 2017), Helene West (28th July 2017), Innocent Warrior (29th July 2017), Jackson (1st August 2017), Krist (29th July 2017), Nasu (28th July 2017), Noelle (28th July 2017), Spellbound (29th July 2017), TinFoilSuit (28th July 2017), Tintin (29th July 2017), WhiteLove (28th July 2017), wondering (28th July 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Sijohn, I couldn't agree with you more. I sure as heck did get very PO'd about what I was discovering. Then I started wondering about this whole simulation/game theory - I believe LadyM and others have started some incredibly interesting threads on this topic. Then again, my radar tends to go up when I see a particular topic being pushed by popular "thought leaders" like Elon Musk and Neil Degrasse Tyson. Unfortunately they don't pass the sniff test for me. You see where I'm going with this? Who do I trust?? I know, I know - myself. But what if I've been too brainwashed to deliver myself a cogent answer?

And here's something else I find so frustrating: why is there such pervasive a lack of curiosity out there?? Why is it that nobody wants to have a meaningful discussion that questions the status quo? Anytime I bring up an "out of the box" topic with folks I think might be receptive, I get the eye rolls and the eventual evasive transitions into less taxing topics - like sports, or what happened on Game of Thrones. Even my spouse, who is very open minded routinely shies away from "heavy" topics. Heck I enjoy light hearted chatter as much as the next person, but why does it have to be that way ALL the time? I suppose it's always been this way?

And thanks to everyone for all your kind words of encouragement. I guess I just need to vent sometimes.

TFS
    Last edited by TinFoilSuit; 28th July 2017 at 17:01.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TinFoilSuit For This Post:

Chester (6th August 2017), DebJoy (1st August 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th July 2017), Helene West (28th July 2017), Jackson (1st August 2017), Kristin (28th July 2017), Nasu (28th July 2017), Noelle (28th July 2017), sijohn (28th July 2017), Spellbound (29th July 2017), starlight (29th July 2017), WhiteLove (28th July 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

My first conscious OBE (AKA, the start of my awakening) was preceded by a series of dialogues with myself, deep conversations that I had almost every day for weeks and weeks. The two key dialogues focused on: 1) I am getting older, losing more and more loved ones, and I want to know what comes after death; 2) One Christmas, my daughter gave me an over-sized coffee table book of Hubble telescope images. For weeks, I would go to bed looking at the photographs -- the Pleiades, various nebula, and seas of galaxies -- meditating on them and eventually coming to the realization: "Yes, there must be more than this! There must be other intelligent life out there, other planets just like Earth."

In addition, throughout the years leading up to my first OBE, I had started to let go of many fears: the fear of evil, death, what other people thought of me. etc. And I was religion-free -- zero spiritual dogma to weigh me down.

I can't say with certainty that all of the above are the only things that led to my first OBE and the 100+ others that I have had since then. It also could be something physical, like my diet. I have been vegetarian for well over a decade; I have never been a big eater; and I exercise ever day. Though many in my family, the maternal side, are overweight, I have maintained my weight since my high school years. Food deprivation (not starvation), from what I have learned, can be conducive to OBEs. Some have suggested a correlation between low blood pressure, which I have always had, and increased ability to leave the body.

Best advice: Be patient and keep seeking.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Bluegreen (30th July 2017), Chester (6th August 2017), DebJoy (1st August 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th July 2017), gaiagirl (30th July 2017), Helene West (28th July 2017), Kristin (28th July 2017), Nasu (28th July 2017), Spellbound (29th July 2017), starlight (29th July 2017), sunwings (30th July 2017), TinFoilSuit (28th July 2017), WhiteLove (28th July 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TinFoilSuit (here)
    Sijohn, I couldn't agree with you more. I sure as heck did get very PO'd about what I was discovering. Then I started wondering about this whole simulation/game theory - I believe LadyM and others have started some incredibly interesting threads on this topic. Then again, my radar tends to go up when I see a particular topic being pushed by popular "thought leaders" like Elon Musk and Neil Degrasse Tyson. Unfortunately they don't pass the sniff test for me. You see where I'm going with this? Who do I trust?? I know, I know - myself. But what if I've been too brainwashed to deliver myself a cogent answer?

And here's something else I find so frustrating: why is there such pervasive a lack of curiosity out there?? Why is it that nobody wants to have a meaningful discussion that questions the status quo? Anytime I bring up an "out of the box" topic with folks I think might be receptive, I get the eye rolls and the eventual evasive transitions into less taxing topics - like sports, or what happened on Game of Thrones. Even my spouse, who is very open minded routinely shies away from "heavy" topics. Heck I enjoy light hearted chatter as much as the next person, but why does it have to be that way ALL the time? I suppose it's always been this way?

And thanks to everyone for all your kind words of encouragement. I guess I just need to vent sometimes.

TFS
    I am not sure of the motivations behind many of the "reality" theories -- simulation, holographic, programmed and others. I give my attention to those that might explain some of my own metaphysical or paranormal experiences. By "attention," I mean I hear them out and explore them in my mind or here on Avalon. I am far from supporting any one theory.

Yes. I know a lot of people who have shut down to considering any new views about reality. It must be due to programming -- mainstream news, K-12 and college education, religion.
    Last edited by Noelle; 28th July 2017 at 19:52.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Chester (6th August 2017), DebJoy (1st August 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th July 2017), gaiagirl (30th July 2017), Helene West (28th July 2017), Nasu (28th July 2017), Spellbound (29th July 2017), TinFoilSuit (28th July 2017), WhiteLove (28th July 2017), Wind (30th July 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Good sharing here on this thread! How true that "we" are odd balls out!! LadyM correctly assessed the situation! Each of us is programmed during childhood to accept a certain mindset. Until something happens in our life to cause us to begin questioning that mindset, we follow blindly along. A horrible experience within a certain religious mindset is what started me questioning the brainwashing of my childhood. Oddly enough, it was also looking at Hubble photographs that led me to checking out Charles Hall & the Tall Whites, which in turn, led me to Bill & Kerry's interviews. That blew my little world wide open & I began to devour all I could for a long time. May the Universe bless Bill greatly for starting Avalon...a place where like minded people CAN exchange views to learn & grow!!

At this point, I would say the greatest "truth" I have learned is that each of us is an Eternal, Sovereign Being in charge of our own Journey. You can be SO thankful that your amazing journey has started; it matters not that those around you do not understand!

By the way, I have never seen a UFO, had an NDE or an OBE. There have been a few "miracles" that have happened along the way, but I think we all experience these. The only unexplainable experience I have had is a quantum entanglement with another person that I care about deeply which occurred over a period of years, but I can point to the exact day & time when that entanglement ceased.

So...be encouraged! You ARE growing & learning!

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bluegreen (30th July 2017), cascadian (29th July 2017), DebJoy (1st August 2017), Franny (29th July 2017), gaiagirl (30th July 2017), Helene West (28th July 2017), Krist (29th July 2017), Noelle (28th July 2017), sijohn (28th July 2017), Spellbound (29th July 2017), starlight (29th July 2017), TinFoilSuit (28th July 2017), WhiteLove (28th July 2017), Wind (30th July 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Thank you LadyM! I loved hearing about your experience. These stories give contextual body and really help me comprehend at a deeper level.

TFS
    Last edited by TinFoilSuit; 28th July 2017 at 19:41.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TinFoilSuit For This Post:

DebJoy (1st August 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th July 2017), Helene West (28th July 2017), Noelle (28th July 2017), WhiteLove (29th July 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Dear Mr. Tinfoil

I was raised very religiously, am not now. Do I shun or hate the religion I left?, NO. I appreciate the good that I did get from it and credit it for my present metaphysical interests. I had an OBE when I was 19 and still going to church and the OBE had, not surprisingly, religious symbolism in it.

For about a decade I read everything metaphysical, alternative I could find. I lived in a large NE city and it had a great metaphysical/occult bookstore and I was known to the staff being there so frequently. From Betty & Barney Hill abduction type stories, Mufon membership, Jacques Vallee, Edmond Szekely (Gnostic et al), Nag Hammadi, Wicca, Christian Science (no it's not a cult and they have a lot of healings), CiM, New Thought (where Louise Hay learned her craft), Tao of Physics, tried the eastern yoga and all that but I'm too western, etc. One of the most enjoyable periods of my life.
    This may be disappointing to hear but just like with organized religion the above paths are about 50% goodness and 50% bs.

I did political activity for quite a few years.

After several decades of searching, my take away:

1) Us humans are not given any freebies - We're lucky if we get one or two adults in our lives as children who will give us some practical tidbits of wisdom so we can have the tools to sort wheat from chaff in all areas for the rest of our lives, because the sorting is not going to stop. Find a path that appeals and don't have expectations too high for any of the paths cause we won't get 'answers' until we take our last breath and are before the face of God.

2) Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater - For those of us who came from religious background especially. Unless you came also from an abusive home there is some good from orthodoxy, take the good to build on and leave the rest. (for those of us from European backgrounds most of our ancestors if not parents/grandparents were Christians. As far as group karma if you believe in such, when we started leaving the churches in the late '60s we created a vacuum cause we didn't replace the religion with anything comparable. Evil, aggressive people have filled that vacuum and hence the condition of the western world. The churches for all their faults were also a place of bonding and networking which we have lost and now I believe we have a vulnerability because of no bonding as a group and other groups are taking advantage. sorry if that is too political for some).

3) Don't segregate the practical (which includes the political) from the spiritual/metaphysical - It's very frustrating when metaphysical types are so condescending towards the political. If you think working with other people on a political issue with all their various personalities, wants and needs don't involve spirituality then you like your metaphysical the same as some who like a glass or two of wine at night, just to feel good. I'm not knocking feeling good, we need to, but the political is one of many human testing grounds for one's metaphysical lessons.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Btw, a main spiritual interest currently are NDE stories. I've heard fascinating ones and they do give me a lift and hope.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Bluegreen (30th July 2017), DebJoy (1st August 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th July 2017), Krist (29th July 2017), Noelle (28th July 2017), Spellbound (29th July 2017), TinFoilSuit (29th July 2017), Wind (30th July 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,426 times in 839 posts

I'm right there with you TinFoilSuit. Been searching for answers for over 40 years and don't have a single thing to show for it. Not a thing. Every time I think I'm on to something good, it turns out to be another dead end. Like you said, there are so many people that have had so many cool experiences and so many cool abilities, ....... well, ............. sometimes I wish the universe would just throw me a bone.

But, ........ in the end, there's nothing to do but keep on going. And so we shall, because that emptiness inside won't let us do any thing else.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Art (1st August 2017), Bluegreen (30th July 2017), DebJoy (1st August 2017), findingneo (29th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th July 2017), gaiagirl (30th July 2017), Helene West (28th July 2017), Noelle (29th July 2017), Spellbound (29th July 2017), starlight (29th July 2017), TinFoilSuit (29th July 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

Hi TinFoilSuit, I think you underestimate yourself. I can see by the way you write you have enormous intelligence and beautiful communication skills.I also think it is irrelevant if you have had odd experiences yourself or not, except that it hands you a piece of a puzzle that kind of says to you that there really is something more going on. An incident that seems not to fit into what is considered by the majority as reality can potentially be a corner of a fictional pirate treasure map, that you realize is possibly real because you are holding it, you've experienced a small piece of it. It is not until you decide to embark on a journey to the edge of your piece of map, that you discover more pieces as you go along. The path is not clear, and you hit forks in the path that you think leads to "The Treasure"(the treasure being knowledge), but then that treasure might turn out to be not genuine. It happens to everyone that goes on this path. But the sooner you stop, the more likely you are to find a counterfeit version of reality. Many people are happy with that counterfeit and will defend it's value and want it to be the end of the map so much, they won't see the path that continues through the dense jungle. The path is hidden and covered with trees, huge ferns, vines and ground cover. The further you venture, the closer you get to something you never expected, and you see fragments along the way, like the corner of a stone with carvings on it, but what does it mean?

You have to experience which fork of a path you have decided to follow, to see what comes of it. If you come to realize it is a counterfeit, go back a little and continue on that path, but take a different fork, and try that. You have not gone astray, just become more educated. If you think you have found it, and stop, and are happy with that piece of nugget, that lump of gold, and stop there, and say "I've found it", chances are, it might be fools gold, or it is just a tiny piece of the mother load.

Most people on the path stop at the fools gold. People here are looking for the mother load, and everyone thinks along the way that they have found it. The trick is, to not stop even when you think you have found it, because then you go back into yet another false sleep, and there is so much more. I know now that every time I think I am in deep wading across a swamp of truth in that jungle, an unexpected mine blows me out of the water. You have to process what you find, heal what feels damaged from that experience, and keep trekking. The end of the path is much farther than you think but appears to be just over the horizon (if only you could see the wood for the trees).

None of us are there yet. There may have been someone that already knows what is at the end, the total spoils of the treasure, but I have not seen them. There are some who share and help us take the right fork in the hard to see path, and others that point us down the wrong path. But as far as we know, we are all at the frontier of that path, all those in whatever way they started out, are coming together to help each other learn. That is where it started for me the second time I woke up. Actually on the internet.

The first time I woke up: My life was just kind of a blueprint for a path that led to awakening, although it seemed like a random series of unfortunate events. Both my parents died by the time I was 6, then the 2 grandparents that looked after me from there died when I was 10, and the two other grandparents who I hardly knew, a year or two after that. my young sister took me on, and I was very restricted to keep me safe. I could not go anywhere, except when sent to my cousins farm, now that she had married a farmer, she started to have me there for weeks at a time to give my sister a rest, as she was working full time to support us both. The farm was was at the edge of the alpine region, and covered in gorgeous Eucalyptus trees, and this became more remote and eventually, wilderness as it got closer to the National Park. I had the freedom to wander for hours across his farm and up into the native forests. I loved the freedom. I went on to join expeditions for Universities wanting data from unexplored places. I did that for a bit but I was only in my late teen's and then early 20's. I went to Scotland after an expedition to Africa, and I began to meditate to try and get rid of increasing migraine, as medication did not work. While completely awake, I had an experience. I shot through the wall like I was on a flat roller coaster, the walls of the houses in the suburbs rushing up to me in a blur, split second after split second. In just a few moments I had passed through dozens, gasped, and I was back in bed. That was the first time. I hardly ever had the same experience twice, except when it was something I taught myself. I was having expanded mind stuff going on, but I had no idea of the bigger picture. I had switched on my dormant abilities.

I then got married, and my then husband convinced me I was being silly pursuing this path and i was embarrassing him as he pursued a career in mental health. I went back to being asleep and had a child. We moved back to Australia, and he left. Devastated, one day I just said to myself, "I am going to take up where I left off 18 years ago and pursue my spiritual awakening!"

I said that as I sat looking at my laptop. I switched the laptop on and decided to leave the spiritual awakening for when I would make a moment for meditation the next day, which would be the first time in 18 years. I had lost all psychic ability since the day I stopped at my husbands request. I decided to then go and look up why the schooling system seems quite "off". My daughter found it difficult to adjust to the pressures of school. I felt, why are we taught to compete in school instead of cooperate. My daughter was not competitive and felt demoralized. Then I found this old lady talking about her time at the White House decades ago as an admin, and how they thought she was just an ignorant young thing with no life experience, of no importance or threat, and stuck her in a room to sort papers for the Education Department. She was young, intelligent, and she had an amazing memory. She absorbed all those documents, and realized the system was designed to dumb us down, because that method became an adopted blueprint for other countries as well So in her 90's, as sharp as a tack, I was watching someone's great gran, tell me how it really was. I had an epiphany from watching this elderly lady talk, and within 2 hours I had the basic bones of what was going on. From there, as they say, all roads lead to Rome.

So don't doubt your path TinFoilSuit. All roads lead to Rome (eventually).
    And so far I have not even got around to meditating again.
    (Ok, well, a bit).

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

Bluegreen (30th July 2017), DebJoy (1st August 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th July 2017), gaiagirl (30th July 2017), Helene West (29th July 2017), Jackson (1st August 2017), Noelle (29th July 2017), Spellbound (29th July 2017), starlight (29th July 2017), sunwings (30th July 2017), TinFoilSuit (29th July 2017)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

findingneo, how are you going mate?

I honestly feel as though I've just experienced a lifetime in 10 minutes. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful advice, along with your incredible story.

Funny side note: I recall watching 'Finding Nemo' on the flight back home from Sydney. During the scene where they pop their heads up in Sydney Harbour, I instantly teared up as the reality of our wonderful adventure coming to an end hit me. I even eventually acquired an immense liking to Vegemite, because it just reminded of the wonderful times I had in the beautiful land of Oz. And I've always jokingly told my spouse that I'd like to have my ashes strewn about the Coral Sea near Steve's Bommie (a beautiful scuba site).

Cheers mate!

TFS

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TinFoilSuit For This Post:

DebJoy (1st August 2017), findingneo (29th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th July 2017), gaiagirl (30th July 2017), Spellbound (29th July 2017)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by findingneo (here)
    Hi TinFoilSuit, I think you underestimate yourself. I can see by the way you write you have enormous intelligence and beautiful communication skills.I also think it is irrelevant if you have had odd experiences yourself or not, except that it hands you a piece of a puzzle that kind of says to you that there really is something more going on. An incident that seems not to fit into what is considered by the majority as reality can potentially be a corner of a fictional pirate treasure map, that you realize is possibly real because you are holding it, you've experienced a small piece of it. It is not until you decide to embark on a journey to the edge of your piece of map, that you discover more pieces as you go along. The path is not clear, and you hit forks in the path that you think leads to "The Treasure"(the treasure being knowledge), but then that treasure might turn out to be not genuine. It happens to everyone that goes on this path. But the sooner you stop, the more likely you are to find a counterfeit version of reality. Many people are happy with that counterfeit and will defend it's value and want it to be the end of the map so much, they won't see the path that continues through the dense jungle. The path is hidden and covered with trees, huge ferns, vines and ground cover. The further you venture, the closer you get to something you never expected, and you see fragments along the way, like the corner of a stone with carvings on it, but what does it mean?

You have to experience which fork of a path you have decided to follow, to see what comes of it. If you come to realize it is a counterfeit, go back a little and continue on that path, but take a different fork, and try that. You have not gone astray, just become more educated. If you think you have found it, and stop, and are happy with that piece of nugget, that lump of gold, and stop there, and say "I've found it", chances are, it might be fools gold, or it is just a tiny piece of the mother load.

Most people on the path stop at the fools gold. People here are looking for the mother load, and everyone thinks along the way that they have found it. The trick is, to not stop even when you think you have found it, because then you go back into yet another false sleep, and there is so much more. I know now that every time I think I am in deep wading across a swamp of truth in that jungle, an unexpected mine blows me out of the water. You have to process what you find, heal what feels damaged from that experience, and keep trekking. The end of the path is much farther than you think but appears to be just over the horizon (if only you could see the wood for the trees).

None of us are there yet. There may have been someone that already knows what is at the end, the total spoils of the treasure, but I have not seen them. There are some who share and help us take the right fork in the hard to see path, and others that point us down the wrong path. But as far as we know, we are all at the frontier of that path, all those in whatever way they started out, are coming together to help each other learn. That is where it started for me the second time I woke up. Actually on the internet.

The first time I woke up: My life was just kind of a blueprint for a path that led to awakening, although it seemed like a random series of unfortunate events. Both my parents died by the time I was 6, then the 2 grandparents that looked after me from there died when I was 10, and the two other grandparents who I hardly knew, a year or two after that. my young sister took me on, and I was very restricted to keep me safe. I could not go anywhere, except when sent to my cousins farm, now that she had married a farmer, she started to have me there for weeks at a time to give my sister a rest, as she was working full time to support us both. The farm was was at the edge of the alpine region, and covered in gorgeous Eucalyptus trees, and this became more remote and eventually, wilderness as it got closer to the National Park. I had the freedom to wander for hours across his farm and up into the native forests. I loved the freedom. I went on to join expeditions for Universities wanting data from unexplored places. I did that for a bit but I was only in my late teen's and then early 20's. I went to Scotland after an expedition to Africa, and I began to meditate to try and get rid of increasing migraine, as medication did not work. While completely awake, I had an experience. I shot through the wall like I was on a flat roller coaster, the walls of the houses in the suburbs rushing up to me in a blur, split second after split second. In just a few moments I had passed through dozens, gasped, and I was back in bed. That was the first time. I hardly ever had the same experience twice, except when it was something I taught myself. I was having expanded mind stuff going on, but I had no idea of the bigger picture. I had switched on my dormant abilities.

I then got married, and my then husband convinced me I was being silly pursuing this path and i was embarrassing him as he pursued a career in mental health. I went back to being asleep and had a child. We moved back to Australia, and he left. Devastated, one day I just said to myself, "I am going to take up where I left off 18 years ago and pursue my spiritual awakening!"

I said that as I sat looking at my laptop. I switched the laptop on and decided to leave the spiritual awakening for when I would make a moment for meditation the next day, which would be the first time in 18 years. I had lost all psychic ability since the day I stopped at my husbands request. I decided to then go and look up why the schooling system seems quite "off". My daughter found it difficult to adjust to the pressures of school. I felt, why are we taught to compete in school instead of cooperate. My daughter was not competitive and felt demoralized. Then I found this old lady talking about her time at the White House decades ago as an admin, and how they thought she was just an ignorant young thing with no life experience, of no importance or threat, and stuck her in a room to sort papers for the Education Department. She was young, intelligent, and she had an amazing memory. She absorbed all those documents, and realized the system was designed to dumb us down, because that method became an adopted blueprint for other countries as well So in her 90's, as sharp as a tack, I was watching someone's great gran, tell me how it really was. I had an epiphany from watching this elderly lady talk, and within 2 hours I had the basic bones of what was going on. From there, as they say, all roads lead to Rome.

So don't doubt your path TinFoilSuit. All roads lead to Rome (eventually).
    And so far I have not even got around to meditating again.
    (Ok, well, a bit).
    Well said. And what a path you've been on!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

DebJoy (1st August 2017), findingneo (29th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th July 2017), Spellbound (29th July 2017)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)

This may be disappointing to hear but just like with organized religion the above paths are about 50% goodness and 50% bs.
    I laughed out loud at this!

And I completely concur with your sentiments about not throwing out the proverbial baby. It's why I still attend a neighborhood church from time to time. There is still truth and valuable experiences to be had, despite the fact that I strongly disagree with most of the Old Testament (Not to mention the official church stance on reincarnation).

I'm not sure I fully understand your 3rd point re: political/metaphysical. If you have the time, I'd love it if you could expand upon this a little further.

Cheers, and thank you so much!

TFS

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TinFoilSuit For This Post:

DebJoy (1st August 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th July 2017), Helene West (29th July 2017), Innocent Warrior (29th July 2017)

33. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 times in 569 posts

What an interesting topic. It is clear from the responses that we each define 'the light' that we have been searching for differently. But you also said that 'nothing gives me greater joy than when I'm "connecting" with others in a loving, joyful manner'.

I have recently read a memoir called The Inconsequential Child. It is about someone on his life's journey and came to a similar conclusion to yours i.e. that life is about relationships. The relationship we have with one-self as well as the relationships we have with others. The power of The Inconsequential Child however, is about how the author uncovered those facets of his psyche that prohibited him from being that vulnerable. He then describes how he overcame those limitations. This book really resonated with me. I hope it does for you as well.
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

Bluegreen (30th July 2017), DebJoy (1st August 2017), findingneo (29th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th July 2017), gaiagirl (30th July 2017), Helene West (29th July 2017), Innocent Warrior (29th July 2017)

35. Link to Post #18
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

TinFoilSuit, the smallest things can add up to more than the sum of it's parts. You talk about the little things that made an impact on you, all relating to Australia. In the early days when I was awakening to the greater reality, I watched a movie that was just released in the U.K. It was called "Dead Again" and was a Hollywood style story of reincarnation. It starred Emma Thompson and her husband, Kenneth Branagh.

So 6 months passes and I had my first Past Life Regression and it made a huge impact on me. I wanted to learn to regress others in the future. Just after the regression, I met my husband and we married. We went to live in Australia. He had settling in problems and we went back and forth another 2 times to Scotland. Eventually, we settled in Dunoon, Scotland. We finally bought our first house, I had a baby and I needed to go back to work. So I worked in a little general store at the edge of the town, surrounded by beautiful Scottish tree covered hills near to the Holy Loch where that old WW2 movie about the bouncing bomb was filmed. I worked alone and it was pretty quiet. One day, in walks Emma Thompson, the famous actress and also the star of that movie that made such an impact on me. She is like she is in the movies btw, except more confident, anyway, she rushed into that little general village store, chatted to me and mumbled to herself and rushed about looking for veg. She dumped her arm full on the counter and a few potatoes and tomatoes rolled across the counter. She rushed out and said her husband would be in to pay in a minute or two. So her hubby walked in. It was Greg Wise, or John Willoughby from Sense & Sensibility (Phwoar!). I expect they met on the set. Kenneth Branagh was now divorced, and new hubby, Greg Wise, or John Willoughby was standing in front of me. Just him, and me. I thought maybe I should pinch myself, anyway, he went to pay, had no money and rushed out to find Emma and her purse in the Post Office next door. He came back, paid and he looked at me and I looked at him. No one else about. Not a soul in the building. So what did I say to him at that moment? Wait for it,

"Would you like a bag with that?"

(Perhaps I should pretended to sprain my ankle so he could sweep me up like in S&S, or I could have adopted the Scottish lingo for that region of Scotland, for that very situation and said instead, "Would you like a wee poke with that?").

But instead I continued,"I thought I should just ask. As I know you guys are so environmentally friendly", I said. (I had just read about them in one of those TV mags on the store shelf). Greg's shoulders slumped, "Yes, we are" he said. So no plastic bag and he juggled the lot on the way to the car parked out front. More escaped potatoes and onions. And they were off. I found out later they had just brought a house along the road. After a movie she had just filmed in the area. After that I saw her quite a number of times even after that old store closed down, usually involving vegetables actually. I have never worked out what tomatoes mean.

So fast forward 10 years, we are in Australia, hubby evacuates, leaving me and our daughter, and I start my online awakening and decide to do a course in facilitating Past Life Regression. I do it, finish on my birthday 3 years ago, and I have even incorporated a bit of the Antique owners method from Dead Again into my method. (Not the bit where he finds where the jewellery is hidden, lol).

So yes, synchronicity is an amazing thing.
    Sorry, I do talk too much.
    Last edited by findingneo; 29th July 2017 at 13:41.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

DebJoy (1st August 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th July 2017), Innocent Warrior (29th July 2017), TinFoilSuit (29th July 2017)

37. Link to Post #19
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,257 times in 1,040 posts

I was watching UFO Hunters back in 2009 and learned about Bob Lazar (I was unaware of him before that). So I googled Lazar which led me to John Lear....which led me to Project Camelot....with led me to all the PC interviews done with Bill and Kerry. BOOM!! Light went on and got really really bright.

Dave - Toronto

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Art (1st August 2017), Bluegreen (30th July 2017), DebJoy (1st August 2017), findingneo (29th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th July 2017), gaiagirl (30th July 2017), Helene West (29th July 2017), Innocent Warrior (29th July 2017), Jackson (1st August 2017), Noelle (29th July 2017), TinFoilSuit (29th July 2017), WhiteLove (29th July 2017)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

findingneo, this is going to sound a bit strange:

First let me say that I thoroughly enjoyed that movie. And that is indeed a crazy coincidence! A peculiar memory I have about that particular movie was the audience's reaction. I don't know why, but the audience in that theatre was so vociferously moved by the suspense of the show, that it stands out in my memory. So much so, that I can vividly recall the theatre (Tustin Market Place), along with the folks with whom I saw the show. I'm not sure why I'm detailing this but what the heck. This movie did also leave an indelible imprint on my memory bank.

And might I add that you have a wonderful way in which you paint your stories!

Here's the other peculiar thing: so here I am, sort of complaining that I haven't had very many "unexplainable" experiences in my life. Which, when I really think about it, maybe there are some things but perhaps I've just doubtingly convinced myself otherwise. Anyways, as I was just beginning to type up this response, my wife called me upstairs. She was nearly asleep - what startled her was that the light in our bedroom just turned on by itself - I am not kidding you right now. Fyi, this is a remote controlled ceiling fan light, and this has happened before, but we chalked it up to the remote inadvertently being nudged. This can't possibly be a coincidence??

TFS

P.s. My jaw is on the floor right now and I'm actually concerned that I don't sound credibie.
    Last edited by TinFoilSuit; 29th July 2017 at 05:29.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TinFoilSuit For This Post:

DebJoy (1st August 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th July 2017), gaiagirl (30th July 2017), Helene West (29th July 2017), Innocent Warrior (29th July 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast