+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fort Lewis Soldier Shoots A Sasquatch! The Thing Started Running At Me!

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,256 times in 1,040 posts

Default Fort Lewis Soldier Shoots A Sasquatch! The Thing Started Running At Me!

Very interesting story here. Can't blame the soldier, I would have done the same thing had I been in his shoes. Shooting a Squatch for sport is just plain wrong, but shooting one that is running towards you is a different situation entirely. Of course, the coverup followed.

Dave - Toronto

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th August 2017), BMJ (10th August 2017), ceetee9 (6th August 2017), DNA (6th August 2017), findingneo (6th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th August 2017), genevieve (6th August 2017), ghostrider (6th August 2017), loc333 (6th August 2017), mgray (6th August 2017), mojo (6th August 2017), Nasu (6th August 2017), Noelle (6th August 2017), Rawhide68 (6th August 2017), Spiral (6th August 2017), syrwong (6th August 2017), toppy (6th August 2017), Tyy1907 (6th August 2017), WhiteLove (6th August 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,505 times in 5,654 posts

Default Re: Fort Lewis Soldier Shoots A Sasquatch! The Thing Started Running At Me!

hi I think this is a good hypothetical to discuss.. Was Sas coming to attack? Just because the (person?)(Sas) didnt reply honestly does not seem justified... I feel its also totally wrong to use deadly force before having 100% positive identification. Case in point I was moose hunting in Alaska in an area with archery only and walked through some willow making a little noise and when I walked out from the willows another archer had the bow ready and drawn back until he seen me. If he did anything sooner I would have been injured. Also there would be lots of non verbal or maybe even verbal cues before pulling the trigger that could help in determining the use of lethal force. Now if the Sas showed clues to their intention it might be justified.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

DNA (6th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th August 2017), Nasu (6th August 2017), Spellbound (6th August 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

Default Re: Fort Lewis Soldier Shoots A Sasquatch! The Thing Started Running At Me!

Happened between 1977-1978 so this took place a while back.
    Reminds me of a story of a man who was wearing some desert camo and a desert camo backpack and was attacked by a group of Sasquatch.
    Apparently Sasquatch are not fond of the military or folks who sport the military look.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th August 2017), Spellbound (6th August 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,256 times in 1,040 posts

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    hi I think this is a good hypothetical to discuss.. Was Sas coming to attack? Just because the (person?)(Sas) didnt reply honestly does not seem justified... I feel its also totally wrong to use deadly force before having 100% positive identification. Case in point I was moose hunting in Alaska in an area with archery only and walked through some willow making a little noise and when I walked out from the willows another archer had the bow ready and drawn back until he seen me. If he did anything sooner I would have been injured. Also there would be lots of non verbal or maybe even verbal cues before pulling the trigger that could help in determining the use of lethal force. Now if the Sas showed clues to their intention it might be justified.
    Hi Mojo,

I must say that I disagree here. The soldier had a huge hairy hominid running towards him from 300 yards (from all accounts they can run pretty damn fast with long strides). He yelled out but the creature kept coming. He shot wide (up in the air) but the creature kept coming. He rang out a second shot to the creature's shoulder which appeared to injure the creature such that it ran off into the brush leaving blood trails behind which were analyzed (with strange results). It does not appear as though he killed the creature (though that is conjecture on my part from listening to the story). Upon questioning from his superiors, he suspected they were already well informed about such a creature and he later stated that it was almost as if the creature was programmed / directed to take him out (though he didn't know this at the time). That being said, he felt his life was in danger and defended himself during the last moments. He was not hunting the Squatch nor was he attacking the Squach for sport...he felt as though he was being hunted and defended himself accordingly.

What I find interesting here is the questioning and intentions from his superiors as if they were already familiar with the creature. I believe the US gov't is well informed in this subject.

Dave - Toronto

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

DNA (6th August 2017), findingneo (6th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th August 2017), mojo (6th August 2017), Spiral (6th August 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

I think that the soldier may have been fortunate to have seen the Sasquatch coming from such a distance.
    Most of the time you wouldn't get this kind of warning, and as such Sasquatch's other abilities probably because he was so far couldn't come into play.

Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    he later stated that it was almost as if the creature was programmed / directed to take him out (though he didn't know this at the time).
    Sasquatch seem to often be at the command of Grey Aliens, and even human looking aliens.
    If the picture Scott Carpenter took of the Grey and Sasquatch together is legit then it would be very telling.
    I think it very possible that some Sasquatch are indeed under the direction and or influence of another species.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th August 2017), mojo (6th August 2017), Spellbound (6th August 2017), Spiral (6th August 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,343 times in 645 posts

That´s a crappy url Spellbound. If you want to post about Sasquatch do it from better sources. How about live interviews instead.There are billions out there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

Spellbound (6th August 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    Very interesting story here. Can't blame the soldier, I would have done the same thing had I been in his shoes. Shooting a Squatch for sport is just plain wrong, but shooting one that is running towards you is a different situation entirely. Of course, the coverup followed.

Dave - Toronto
    There are several possibilities but the one that I am looking at is the connection between this soldier being the 3rd best shooter in the army that year and the incident, especially then the circumstances leading up to the incident which appeared engineered and when so somebody wanted to perform some kind of test on this type of configuration. Based on this information/perspective alone one can only form some hypothesis. One possibility is that this was part of a super soldier program - all of those assigned into the program must have caused a high precision kill shot in this type of situation.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

DNA (6th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th August 2017), Orph (6th August 2017), Spellbound (6th August 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,651 times in 1,409 posts

There are plenty of comments on youtube about this, most saying that there are red flags with this story, namely that they would not have been carrying live ammo & they would never have left one man alone (and the pic of a guy with an AK 47 rather than a us issue weapon).

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Bob (6th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th August 2017), Justplain (6th August 2017), mojo (6th August 2017), Spellbound (6th August 2017), WhiteLove (6th August 2017)

+ Reply to Thread