+ Reply to Thread

Thread: State of illusion

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,908 times in 1,388 posts

Default State of illusion

We have heard of many stories, witness statements, pictures and films regarding various creatures alleged sighted all over the world ranging from Big foot, Owl man to the Mothman.

These encounters can be bizarre to the surreal, since some seem to transcend every day experiences we take for granted.

I have often thought that some of these sighting, and the form they appear to be to us, may not be all that we perceptional see, since we see with our mind, the eyes are just lens. Some of these sighting are seemly interlinked with other phenomena, such has UFOs and paranormal events associated with the sighting or contact with the various creatures. What if there for is some form of mental projection that changes according to our understanding or what we can except or expect to see?

Is there a larger plan at foot, which transcends the material and these creatures are some form of awaking for us? The state of illusion is a constant thread which transcends borders and cultures, what one sees may not be what others see, like an artist, each sees the landscape differently to others.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bogeyman For This Post:

BMJ (12th August 2017), Clear Light (6th August 2017), Jayke (6th August 2017), jjjones (6th August 2017), Noelle (6th August 2017), Omi (7th August 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Default Re: State of illusion

Quote Posted by bogeyman (here)
    I have often thought that some of these sighting, and the form they appear to be to us, may not be all that we perceptional see, since we see with our mind, the eyes are just lens. Some of these sighting are seemly interlinked with other phenomena, such has UFOs and paranormal events associated with the sighting or contact with the various creatures. What if there for is some form of mental projection that changes according to our understanding or what we can except or expect to see?
    Oh, indeed, believe it or not, lol, what we usually consider as 'out there', is, I suggest, actually 'in here' ... because what 'seeing' is, I'd say, is a 3d-like mind-generated Hologram based upon electro - magnetic stimulation eh ?

Sorry if this is somewhat 'off-topic' !

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Jayke (6th August 2017), jjjones (6th August 2017), Noelle (6th August 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 times in 1,632 posts

Quote Posted by bogeyman (here)
    Is there a larger plan at foot, which transcends the material and these creatures are some form of awaking for us? The state of illusion is a constant thread which transcends borders and cultures, what one sees may not be what others see, like an artist, each sees the landscape differently to others.
    I think your theory is possible. I've actually wondered the same thing myself.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

jjjones (6th August 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,060 times in 2,419 posts

Most physicists, especially theoritical physicist, would agree with the observations in the prior posts on this thread.

Interestingly, to me at least, when I typed in the word "the" before "observation" in the preceding sentence, I had a typo. The word "God" was there, not "the." I work from an iPad and I often have typos. I try to correct them before I post, so I always go over what I wrote to correct for typos (and content.). Lately, when I have done this, I find typos that have an alternate, but often related, and sometimes deeper, meaning than what I untended to write.

It is all a wonder to me.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

BMJ (12th August 2017), Noelle (6th August 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

A longtime neighbor of mine recently died after a long time in bed. While her body was still at the funeral home, I was aware of her presence and thought as I washed dishes. It has been a couple of weeks since her funeral. I awoke one morning recently with the vision of her face very close to mine as I transited that mental area between sleep and awakening.

The faces of people mostly unknown to me often intrude unbidden into my mind as well as faces of those I know and love. The latter I know are alive. Others unknown to me could be dead or alive. My dead parents personalities are clearly with me quite often. This is TELEPATHY. I believe it was Thomas Edison who was working on an invention to allow us to see ghosts. I know that ghosts or not, there are entities around us in what we consider to be our SPACE. But what is SPACE? It is the distance between two THINGS. This distance is measured in MIND LINKS; therefore, space is really a mind quantity. I think of you on Mars, and here you are in my living room. I see you in my mind. With our present inventions, that presence could extend to our EYES in the usual sense.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

BMJ (12th August 2017), Noelle (7th August 2017)

+ Reply to Thread