Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst 1 8 18 22 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin, the war on cash, Clif High, and the NSA's long range plans

1. Link to Post #341
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

Default Re: Bitcoin, the war on cash, Clif High, and the NSA's long range plans

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Well, I always consider it a good sign when Brandon Smith more or less agrees with me. He's one of the sharpest knives in the drawer. I see now where he just posted, a few hours ago, a new article: Central Banks Will Let The Next Crash Happen
    If you prefer to listen, rather than or instead of reading, then consider the following.

Brandon Smith has just gone on the X22 Report and explained what he sees coming this year in the US financial markets and world monetary system.

He's expecting major US stock market crashes over 2018, with the Dow (now at $25,219) ending up at a similar price to gold (which is now at $1347/ounce). Gold up, stocks down.

He's expecting a basket of central bank controlled national currencies, with a continued push to replace paper currency with (centrally controlled variants of) cryptocurrencies.

Here's this interview:

On first listening, my reaction is that Brandon has nailed it ... explaining in straightforward but quite accurate terms what's likely to happen this year in these areas.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Antagenet (18th February 2018), Bill Ryan (17th February 2018), Foxie Loxie (17th February 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), mountain_jim (19th February 2018), onevoice (17th February 2018), thalox (20th February 2018), ZoSo925 (17th February 2018)

3. Link to Post #342
    United States Deactivated ZoSo925's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think the stock market will crash, there are too many different ones. There are different world markets and exchanges. You also have the OTC Market that is a complete mystery cloud with over $650 Trillion floating around inside.

The whole market is a weird Seesaw and re-distribution. A group of stocks can crash and that money will pop up and gained somewhere else in the market.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZoSo925 For This Post:

Antagenet (18th February 2018), Foxie Loxie (17th February 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #343
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ZoSo925 (here)
    A group of stocks can crash and that money will pop up and gained somewhere else in the market.
    That's a misconception, in my view ... a common misconception.

In major sell offs, the money doesn't go "somewhere else". It vanishes.

Let's say there's a million shares of Apple stock outstanding, at $100/share, for a total market capitalization ("market cap") of $100 million.

Then let's say that a mere one hundred of those shares trade down, at $60/share. That transaction involved a mere 100 x $60 == $6000. However the total market cap of Apple just fell, from $100 million, to $60 million, because the market cap is computed by multiplying the last sale price times the number of shares outstanding. Some $40 million (the old market cap of $100 million, minus the new market cap of $60 million) just went Poof !!

===

We are presently in what's arguably the largest financial bubble in recorded human history ... stocks, bonds, real estate, derivatives, ... and debt.

I anticipate that, just as the bubble upward has grown to incorporate major markets around the world, so shall the collapse downward.

Historically, this is how the "big boys" operate ... pump and dump ... now being conducted on the most massive scale we've yet seen.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th February 2018), Foxie Loxie (17th February 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), mountain_jim (19th February 2018), Pam (18th February 2018)

7. Link to Post #344
    United States Deactivated ZoSo925's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh no, I don't mean that. A sell off is different from a crash. 2 different things. People come and go buying and selling, as well as daily traders who just stalk stocks and see if they can short and manipulate it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZoSo925 For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (17th February 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #345
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ZoSo925 (here)
    Oh no, I don't mean that. A sell off is different from a crash. 2 different things. People come and go buying and selling, as well as daily traders who just stalk stocks and see if they can short and manipulate it.
    I didn't say "sell off". I said "major sell off" ... meaning "crash".

I suggest listening to Brandon Smith, in the video I posted above. He explains it about as well as anyone I've heard.

Lots of money will go Poof !!.

Lots of stocks, bonds, derivatives, real estate equity, pension and retirement plans and promises, insurance plans, debt laden corporate and government balance sheets, etc will go Poof !!.

... not traded from one speculator to another ... rather just Poof !!
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 17th February 2018 at 20:20.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (17th February 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #346
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Quote Posted by thalox (here)
    Do you really think that the rulers of the world will allow for the control to be given away from lack of planning? I think this was the plan for so long.

I do not have the details but if I was to put myself in their shoes and I controlled the worlds money supplies, would I have come this far to let it all just be taken away?
    Agreed - the rulers of the world have no plans to just let it all get taken away from them, and they have various, powerful, means at their disposal to ensure that they remain the "rulers" of this world.
    Using this post above re: "controllers" influence..

Paul, curious, any thoughts on this article that appeared today?

"South Korea’s Senior Bitcoin Regulator Found Dead at Home"

Quote Jung Ki-joon, a South Korean official who led the policy-making for the country’s cryptocurrency market, was found dead at home on Sunday, The Wall Street Journal first reported. He was 52.

A Korean government spokesman said that “he died from some unknown cause. He passed away while he was sleeping, and [his] heart [had] already stopped beating when he was found dead.”

Korean news agency Yonhap reported that Jung had likely suffered a heart attack, and police have opened an investigation into the cause of death.

Jung was the head of economic policy at the Office for Government Policy Coordination, the government agency that regulates the country’s emerging digital currency market.

For most of 2017, the agency’s task was focused on drafting regulations to tamper the excessive volatility and irrational investing activities in the cryptocurrency market. Jung was in charge of coordinating the opinions of different offices within the government system to prepare for the weekly meetings with the agency head and relevant officials.

Jung’s colleagues said that he had been under heavy stress since taking the role late last year.

South Korea has been at the center of debate for contributing to the cryptocurrency boom in the last few months of 2017—and its subsequent crash.

The Korean government made its first declaration on cryptocurrencies in December by vowing to tighten regulation on the market. The Office for Government Policy Coordination said it would shut down all digital currency exchanges if needed.

The announcement immediately sent Bitcoin prices to tumble more than 1o percent.

A month later, however, the regulatory office softened its tone and said it had no plans to issue an outright ban on cryptocurrency trading. That’s also the last time Jung made a public appearance.

“We will respond strongly to cryptocurrency speculation and illegal acts, but we will provide support to research and development relating to blockchain technology,” he said at a press conference on January 15.

12. Link to Post #347
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I split off 13 posts from this thread to the separate thread Thoughts on Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies and related matters.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th February 2018), Bob (20th February 2018), DNA (11th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th February 2018), Hervé (20th February 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018)

14. Link to Post #348
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bob (here)

Quote Jung Ki-joon, a South Korean official who led the policy-making for the country’s cryptocurrency market, was found dead at home on Sunday, The Wall Street Journal first reported. He was 52.
    Well, given as I lean towards being a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theory nut case, my guess is that this death of Jung Ki-joon comes at the hidden hand of a faction of the evil bastards in power ... the faction that is pro-crypto, which faction I would guess is aligned with, or in signficant control over, the CIA.

Of course, all this that I write is baseless speculation.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Baby Steps (20th February 2018), Bob (20th February 2018), DNA (11th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th February 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018)

16. Link to Post #349
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Well, given as I lean towards being a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theory nut case, my guess is that this death of Jung Ki-joon comes at the hidden hand of a faction of the evil bastards in power ... the faction that is pro-crypto, which faction I would guess is aligned with, or in signficant control over, the CIA.

Of course, all this that I write is baseless speculation.
    Is Korea(s) that important in the BitCoin financial industry? (I am just coming up to speed, lot of stuff to read).

17. Link to Post #350
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Is Korea(s) that important in the BitCoin financial industry? (I am just coming up to speed, lot of stuff to read).
    Yes, Korea is very important in cryptos. Japan, Korea and China have all been huge in cryptos, with portions of the Chinese activity now showing up in Korea and Japan, as Chinese regulators endeavor to gain the upper hand over cryptos.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bob (20th February 2018), DNA (11th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th February 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018)

19. Link to Post #351
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,172 times in 2,420 posts

My husband has been listening to and reading clif high, and this is the reason I am trying to better understand Bitcoin, and blockchain.

Here's another person I'm reading to better understand the whole, crypto-currency issue. The Annals of Roacheforque.

I can't remember how I found his blog. But, I am keen to understand his point of view, especially given that he seems to be in the Rothschild family and I want to understand how they think.

If I am understanding your position Paul, it seems that Roacheforque shares a similar understanding

Quote The Persistence of Relics

Once the smart people behind the next big crypto start-up recognize that the most disruptive potential for blockchain and related technology is its ability to replace our world-wide centrally manipulated financial trading markets with "trustless, anonymous" markets ... then you will see the battle of the ages. It's technologically feasible, but it will NEVER happen. Even if it was allowed to happen, the reality of human nature would prevent it, just as tape painting occurs on the crypto exchanges today - there will always be a human element to technology, and that human element will usher in the great betrayal to come in our "technological virtue". Trustless indeed.

Cryptos will not "replace" national currencies (or the hybrid SDR). It cannot logically happen, as the fallacy that cryptos are currencies stands in the way of this. A speculative asset based upon a new type of payment system cannot function as a currency in the existing international monetary and financial system, because the current national currencies are far too deeply embedded. People will wake up before mode of payments system masquerading as a currency gains existing real currency depth. Even the more recent construct of the SDR is no more than a balanced basket of existing national currencies, and all derivatives are denominated in these currencies.
    To hear some people, it seems that crypto-currency as the means of transactions is inevitable.
    On the other hand, it seems it's inevitable that this technology will become a "betrayal of trust."

I'm still learning, so I haven't decided what I think, yet.

There is much for me to learn.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

DNA (11th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th February 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), TargeT (26th February 2018)

21. Link to Post #352
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by edina (here)
    To hear some people, it seems that crypto-currency as the means of transactions is inevitable.
    On the other hand, it seems it's inevitable that this technology will become a "betrayal of trust."

I'm still learning, so I haven't decided what I think, yet.

There is much for me to learn.
    Money ... it's several things.

Having spent almost my entire life in the US, I think in terms of Dollars ... US Dollars. So I will speak in those terms.

One thing that "Dollar" means to me is the One Dollar paper bill in the wallet beside me, with the fancy green printing and engravings, and big number "1" and word "One" in several places [A].

But also I can easily in my head estimate the "Dollar value" of things that I own, that I might want to own, that I have owned, or that I have wished to own. From cars, houses and college degrees, to sticks of chewing gum and shoelaces, I have a rough idea of what it has, or might now, cost to buy or sell that item. [B]

Some of these things that I "own", I hold primarily as ways of storing Dollars for future use. The Dollars in my bank account or in my wallet are "generic" Dollars, which I expect to convert to food, rent, computer parts, or other specifics in the future. Some of the ways that I earn or get more of these "generic" Dollars are now, or have in the past included, working at computer companies or maintaining my Social Security eligibility. In past centuries, people and banks might keep a stash of gold or silver coins, but presently that happens less, except apparently for some major central, national or commercial banks and a few very wealthy people. I expect that the average person will soon become more aware of these stores of gold and silver by nations and banks, as part of a coming "monetary reset", That doesn't mean that I expect the average person to hold or transact with actual gold and silver coins, but rather that, just as with Bitcoins now, many more people will be aware of such, but not actually own or use such. In any case, money is a store of value, that I might spend in the future for useful goods or services, that I might pay to someone else to whom I owe debt or taxes, or that I might receive as payments on debt or (if I were a government) taxes.[C]

Another angle on this is "means of payment." I might pay for something using paper Dollar bills, by writing a check, with a bank wire transfer or ACH transfer, with a credit card, with a store "gift certificate", or (occasionally) directly with Bitcoin. These are some of the many and varied practical ways of moving "generic" Dollars back and forth between my accounts and the accounts of those I interact with financially (landlords, children, grocers, governments, employers, banks, stock brokers, crypto exchanges, etc.) [D]

There is one more angle on all this that needs to be considered, when talking about cryptocurrencies. This is an angle with which I am quite familiar, having worked with computers for a long time, but which most people probably don't pay much mind to. That's the question of how one keeps track of "generic" Dollars (or whatever currency is involved). For centuries, this was best done using accountants, making entries in paper ledger books, using a system called "double entry bookkeeping". Presently, this is best done using computer programs called databases, that run on the computers of pretty much everyone I transact money with, from the computers at my bank and in the government offices, to the computers buried in my PC's and smartphones. Initially, all the data in these computers was manually entered by someone typing on a keyboard or similar, but more recently most of these computers are connected to the Internet, and for example my monthly Social Security payment is handled by some US government computer talking to my bank's computer, over the Internet, without any human involvement. [E]

There is yet one more angle to all this to consider, which is not specific to money or finances, but rather is specific to the question of "how do computers share information and coordinate state and actions." For example, how does my bank's computer know to lower my balance with them more than the usual monthly amount, because I used my electric heater more this last (chilly winter) month? Or how does a swarm of drones coordinate an attack on some "terrorists", or how will (some day soon) a swarm of drones coordinate their mining of metals from a swarm of asteroids? Or how will the UPS delivery man end up dropping off another bottle of my favorite honey on my doorstep, because some sensor in my refrigerator noticed that I was getting low on that item and thus sent off an order for more to Amazon? In each of these cases, computers are not only sharing information, but also coordinating decisions, such as when my bank's computer deducts some money from my bank account at the "same time" as my electric utility gives my account with them credit for making a payment. Or such as when two drones agree on how to split up the work (of mining or shooting) before them. [F]

Notice, on a bit of a side tangent, but critical to understanding all this, the progression of computer, electronic, internet technology over the last 70 years (my lifetime.) First we invented (or got from aliens?) the transistor, then we shrank that transistor down from perhaps a few per cubic foot, to perhaps a few billion per cubic millimeter. Then, and in parallel, we developed the electronic equivalent of "brains" ... the hardware and software of the things we call computers. Then we developed a nervous system (aka the Internet, and similar) to connect these brains. But just as when people learn some new physical skill, the initial sharing of information and coordination of activity between these "electronic brains" was (and mostly still is) slow and cumbersome, involving the computer equivalent of consciously doing something ... thinking about each little step as its done. Now, just as when people then become skilled experts at some activity, we're starting to see computers develop the very efficient, localized coordination analogous to the movements of a fine artist, healer, or athlete responding to and working with whatever is the medium of their craft. What is called the Blockchain is a bit of the early technology that enables this low level, fine tuned coordination, without depending on some centralized computer, the equivalent of conscious thinking of a brain, to handle the details. The Blockchain technology in Bitcoin is but an early prototype of such technology. Next generation variants of this autonomous electronic nervous system are coming into view with such projects as EOS and Hashgraph. In another discipline of computer technology, our robots are rapidly becoming more graceful in their movements.[G]

So ... to sum this up, we have
    [A] - Dollars as pieces of paper with fancy printing.
    [B] - Dollars as a measure of the cost of, or value of, stuff (like feet measures distance.)
    [C] - Money as a store of value and of debt and taxes owed or receivable.
    [D] - Money as a means of transfer and payment (the store clerk asks: "Cash, check or charge ... or crypto ?")
    [E] - The technology used to track money (safes, accounting books or computer databases.)
    [F] - The means of communication between computers (such as the Internet).
    [G] - The means of low level autonomous coordination between sensors and actuators.

I expect some major changes over the next few years in our monetary system.

The US Dollar, especially in the form of US Treasury bills, notes and bonds, will cease to be the primary store of value [C] by the largest banks and nations. Gold, silver and national mineral, energy and food resources will assume larger roles as stores of value by the wealthy and powerful.

The US Dollar will cease to be the primary unit of currency [B] in many, perhaps most, international trade and debt agreements.

Cryptocurrencies will become a major means of payment and money transfer [D], both for retail transactions, and for large and small transfers of money between individuals, corporations, banks and governments, displacing in part cash, checks, credit cards, ACH, and SWIFT.

This technology, [E] and [F], will play a key role in re-architecting many of the legal, monetary, political, social and other institutions of our civilization.

Such technologies as the Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence, [G], will continue to evolve rapidly, and will play a critical role in resource mining asteroids and other planets in the solar system, and in extending human civilization out across the solar system. Human civilization will become increasingly integrated, at many levels, with this technology.

As I've often observed over the years, I expect that the changes from day to day will seem smaller than expected, but the changes from generation to generation will be more substantial, even "mind blowing", than we could have imagined ahead of time.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 28th February 2018 at 03:32.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Czarek (1st March 2018), DNA (11th April 2018), earthdreamer (12th March 2018), edina (24th February 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th February 2018), Kristin (28th February 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), onevoice (28th February 2018)

23. Link to Post #353
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Whew, Paul! What a great post....I know I shall be referring back to it often!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

DNA (11th April 2018), edina (24th February 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (25th February 2018)

25. Link to Post #354
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 times in 2,540 posts

Can I thank that twice? No, but I am here.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

DNA (11th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st March 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (28th February 2018)

27. Link to Post #355
    Language
    English
    Thanks

As I watch the cryptocurrency space unfold, I am becoming increasingly certain that Clif High is a master disinfo agent. His "reports" that he refers to, using "predictive linguistic analysis", that he says he has been processing since the late 1990's, are NOT the basis for his quite listenable (at least to other old fart computer geeks such as myself) and (seemingly) prescient predictions.

He keeps referring to these reports in his Youtube videos, but when you actually go back and look at one of these reports, they are convoluted, obfuscated compendia of complications, seemingly containing significant bits of insight, but in an incomprehensible form, that ultimately turn out to be massively wrong.

I bought one of Clif High's reports back in late 2011 which I still have. I've uploaded it to my server: The Shape of Things to Come v0i12 (737) - clif high.pdf.

I figure that some intelligence agency has been setting Clif High up to make reasonable sounding, but on key points essentially wrong, analysis and forecasts, as part of that agency's ongoing work to shape public opinion.

When I try to read the above linked 51 page report now, I find that it is 80% incomprehensible, 10% common sense observations, and 10% outrageously wrong. It was (deliberately, I believe now) part of the setup for major change in 2012, that ended up fizzling. The most quotable phrases in the report are often the most outrageously wrong forecasts.

Clif High is far more capable of coherent thought than is evident in these reports, and he uses, and has been using, these various reports as a way to claim a basis for his well expressed, but ultimately deeply misleading propaganda.

Clif High took a bit of a breather from the public scene, after his 2012 forecasts fizzled, but he's been back with a vengeance in the last year, on the crytocurrency scene, stirring up "investment", with money and enthusiasm, in the crypto scene.

In my estimation, what has been and continues to be the biggest selling point of cryptos, liberating humanity from centrally controlled large corporations, is almost the exact opposite of what it's intended to be in the long run.

Just as personal computers, the Internet, and smart phones have been sold as empowering the ordinary human, but ended up being used to further integrate humanity into a world wide Web, in which artificial electronic intelligence can participate and (as has happened with high frequency trading on the major stock exchanges) sometimes even dominate.

See for example a crypto that just went public in the last couple of months, Theta Token, which plans to liberate humanity from the censorship of Youtube. Theta plans to be a sort of "bittorrent" of live video streaming. It has key advisors who played founding roles in existing online media giants such as Youtube and Twitch.

This is, I suspect, part of why Youtube is (and I suspect Google will be) getting such a bad reputation of late. This is part of the problem creation, to which the solution will be a far more deeply encompassing and invasive system.

The task of these cryptos and other "open source" "blockchain based" distributed applications (dapps) is to thoroughly integrate humanity and electronic intelligence (aka "AI) in a seamless web that is secure from surveillance and manipulation by the little guy, but is deeply surveilled and controlled by the key powers.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 3rd March 2018 at 22:11.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Alan (4th March 2018), Basho (6th March 2018), DNA (11th April 2018), earthdreamer (12th March 2018), Flash (4th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (4th March 2018), leavesoftrees (5th March 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), RunningDeer (4th March 2018)

29. Link to Post #356
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Clif High is far more capable of coherent thought than is evident in these reports, and he uses, and has been using, these various reports as a way to claim a basis for his well expressed, but ultimately deeply misleading propaganda.
    Similarly, I suspect that some of the reports of remote viewing, psychic, channeling, and other such strange phenomenon are actually deep state intelligence injecting meme's into the public discourse (just as some of the reported UFO's are likely "our own" craft, not alien craft.)

Some of its real, some of its disinfo.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 4th March 2018 at 05:48.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (10th April 2018), Alan (4th March 2018), Basho (6th March 2018), DNA (11th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (4th March 2018), Hervé (3rd March 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), Olam (6th March 2018), onevoice (4th March 2018), RunningDeer (4th March 2018)

31. Link to Post #357
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A couple of months ago, Clif High made a big prediction - that Bitcoin would hit $13,888 in Feb 2018, and rise from there.

Feb 2018 is now over. Bitcoin stayed below $12,000 the entire month of Feb 2018.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Basho (6th March 2018), Czarek (4th March 2018), DNA (11th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (4th March 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), RunningDeer (4th March 2018)

33. Link to Post #358
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,305 times in 18,139 posts

As I watch the cryptocurrency space unfold, I am becoming increasingly certain that Clif High is a master disinfo agent. His "reports" that he refers to, using "predictive linguistic analysis", that he says he has been processing since the late 1990's, are NOT the basis for his quite listenable (at least to other old fart computer geeks such as myself) and (seemingly) prescient predictions.

He keeps referring to these reports in his Youtube videos, but when you actually go back and look at one of these reports, they are convoluted, obfuscated compendia of complications, seemingly containing significant bits of insight, but in an incomprehensible form, that ultimately turn out to be massively wrong.

I bought one of Clif High's reports back in late 2011 which I still have. I've uploaded it to my server: The Shape of Things to Come v0i12 (737) - clif high.pdf.
    I've purchased two of Clif's reports. The first was when he predicted the major death from east coast floods, market crash and buy gold. The last one was November 13, 2016. IIRC it was $15. It was a waste of money and it helped me remember how I thought the same the first time, i.e., too much to sift through and no desire to go back to see what % was correct.

I’d upload it if it wasn’t copywrite material.

Repost from January 12, 2018

Clif High has been on my radar screen for a couple of months after doing further research into C-60. I found an article which includes three more links. I continue to listen but with a recalibration of my discernment dial.

Clif High - PurplePower - LiveLongerLabs C60 scam.
    "...So the vendor Clif endorses claims all kinds of miracles for his clinically unproven product, in order to sell as much as possible, with Clif High getting comission for his marketing efforts. ALL claims made by LiveLongerLabs about the properties of the product itself are FALSE...."
    Links provided at the bottom of the article exposing "Clif High" as the scammer he is:
    Clif High Expose- Scammer of the Year! YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS ‘REPORT'!!

Last edited by RunningDeer; 4th March 2018 at 17:00.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Basho (6th March 2018), Czarek (4th March 2018), DNA (11th April 2018), earthdreamer (12th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (4th March 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), onevoice (4th March 2018), TargeT (6th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (4th March 2018)

35. Link to Post #359
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    I continue to listen but with a recalibration of my discernment dial.
    Deliciously and delicately phrased .

I actually, personally, don't mind Clif High's arrogance all that much. I enjoy his articulate choice of vocabulary sufficiently to somewhat compensate for that. It's not arrogance if you can do it <grin>.

I also find that I am only slowly increasing my dismay with what turns out to be his dreadfully incorrect and outrageous forecasts ... as I sometimes use such "alternative views" to stretch my own thinking.

===

But Clif High loses me in immediate disgust at his beyond dreadful science, and offends me with his use of computer buzzwords, such as his referring to writing "Python" "scripts" (something I know a fair bit about, hence my handle ThePythonicCow) to make himself seem like more of a serious computer geek than he probably is.

===

Regarding his scientific B.S., in Post #48, above, I concluded that Clif High's description of the orbits of the planets around the sun in our solar system is "insanely idiotic".

For more examples of Clif High's bogus science, consider the article Time, Understanding, and Manipulating that he published back in 2010, parts of which he continues to quote as accurate even recently.

Two examples from this Time, Understanding, and Manipulating article:
    • In the second graphic in this 2010 article, he states that 22 trillion seconds is the same as 69.71 years. No, Clif, that would be 22 billion seconds that is 69.7 years. Twenty-two (22) trillion seconds is 697,615.4 years ... off just a wee bit from 69.7 years, by a factor of 10000.
    • In a theory he has repeated in later videos, he states that "This Source is actually an energetic pulse that fires off at the rate of 22/twenty-two trillion times a second"
    That rate of 22 trillion pulses/second is about the same frequency as infrared light, just a bit slower than the visible light spectrum that runs 400–790 terahertz (trillion cycles/sec). So Clif is claiming that the entire universe blinks in and out of existence approximately some 20 to 40 times slower than the frequency of the light that our eyes can sense. So much happens on the electromagnetic spectrum that is faster than 22 trillion pulses/second that it is insanely idiotic to suggest that the universe "bloops" out of existence that often. For example, soft X-rays, used to diagnose broken bones, cycle about 10,000 times faster than that.

His pseudo-science, and probably also his talk of his programming scripting skills, is B.S., which can serve no purpose that I can discern other than to impress those who have not studied (either self-taught or university, or both as in my case) science or programming.

Such B.S. borders on pseudologia fantastica.

===

As a bit of an aside, I should be clear that I don't object to Clif High's pseudo-science because it is unconventional or outside of the norm of accepted science of the last century. I don't accept the conceptual foundation of quantum mechanics or general relativity either, and I have been exploring fairly substantial alternative physics theories for many years. As two small examples of where my current thinking is taking me, consider that I have an order currently being filled with Amazon for the book Schroedinger's Universe and the Origin of the Natural Laws, by Milo Wolff, and that I have been following the work of Robert Distinti for sometime now, as he is reworking the foundation theory of electro-magnetism.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 5th March 2018 at 05:34.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Basho (6th March 2018), DNA (11th April 2018), earthdreamer (12th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th March 2018), onevoice (5th March 2018), RunningDeer (5th March 2018)

37. Link to Post #360
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 times in 463 posts

If I were to interview Clif High I’d ask him
    1) why does he do so many interviews
    2) why isn’t he more discerning about who he lets interview him

Many of the most recent uploads of his interviews are almost impossible to listen to. Interviewers keep interrupting him or talking over him, wanting to jump in with their own pet theories. I am amazed at how gracious and accommodating he is. I’ve never seen him lose his cool. He just simply translates an almost incomprehensible interjection from his host into something understandable to his audience and then comments and elaborates on it for a considerable period of time all the time being quite coherent.

Certainly he gets full marks for his lack of egotism, one of the reasons I suspect that people love him. Just read some of the comments on youtube to see the extent of his fan base and how much people do love him.

But really he is just preaching to the choir, and I can’t imagine how all this time and work spent on these interviews is going to get more people buying his reports. Maybe he just likes talking. And that he can certainly do.

If his aim is to spread disinfo you would think that he would aim for a more targeted audience.

I like listening to him for 10 or 15 mins maximum while I’m cooking dinner or washing the dishes. He’s entertaining and can take you into some out of the way places. But all with a big grain of salt.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Basho (6th March 2018), DNA (11th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (6th March 2018), littleOne (6th March 2018), RunningDeer (6th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst 1 8 18 22 LastLast