+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst 1 11 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin, the war on cash, Clif High, and the NSA's long range plans

1. Link to Post #401
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,061 times in 2,419 posts

Default Re: Bitcoin, the war on cash, Clif High, and the NSA's long range plans

I could be proved wrong and eat my words, but this Distributed Ledger Technology, in whatever form, strikes me as more smoke and mirrors and a variation of a Ponzi scheme. Those who get in on the ground floor, i.e, the insiders and special interests, "make bank", while those who come along later lose, or make little, if anything at all.

2. Link to Post #402
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    I could be proved wrong and eat my words, but this Distributed Ledger Technology, in whatever form, strikes me as more smoke and mirrors and a variation of a Ponzi scheme. Those who get in on the ground floor, i.e, the insiders and special interests, "make bank", while those who come along later lose, or make little, if anything at all.
    Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) is a different way to implement a database. Rather than having one "master copy" that is controlled and protected by a "trusted" agent (such as your bank or your county real estate assessor's office), instead the database (at least key parts) is/are visible and shared and updated by multiple parties, at arm's length.

DLT is essentially the migration to the Internet of databases, making them distributed even in their updates, just as the Web was the migration to the Internet of information sharing.

Whether or not DLT is used for Ponzi schemes is the same sort of question as whether or not an SQL database is used to implement the record tracking of a Ponzi scheme. Both can be so used. Both have been or will be so used. Not all uses of either DLT or SQL are Ponzi schemes, however.

My above argument is a variant of the "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."

Databases don't defraud people. People defraud people. It matters not to that calculus whether that database is centralized (such as SQL) or distributed (such as DLT).
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

AlexJunior (1st August 2021), Satori (28th November 2018)

4. Link to Post #403
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

On the other hand, the current method of implementing crypto-currencies is pretty much exactly as you described, Satori.

The implementers "make bank", and reap the rewards. This is not a long term stable basis for a monetary system. Rather, as you suggest, I agree that it's another variant of Ponzi schemes.

I expect that future use of DLT technology will be for transacting central bank issued currencies, which currencies will hold as much value, for as long, as currently issued central bank issued currencies do (typically between 1 and 100 years, give or take, minus ongoing inflation.)
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

AlexJunior (1st August 2021), Satori (28th November 2018)

6. Link to Post #404
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

Joe Rogan & Dr. Ben Goertzel on Blockchain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cshgMRGcc3s

Thanks paul guys in this thread for opening my eyes and right now i'm focus more behind the technology DLT, how it apply to other things...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (10th December 2018)

8. Link to Post #405
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

An interesting treatise on Bitcoin (he won't have anything to do with it) from the 'real Wolf on Wall Street', Jordan Belfort. He wrote the autobiographical book on which the Leonardo DiCaprio film was based. (The reality was worse!)

He's a reformed character now, and in this interesting interview he's asked about Bitcoin. His summary is that it's a perfect storm for pump-and-dump manipulation, and he goes into detail why, comparing it with the 'tulip mania' in the 17th century. He states he's never been more sure of anything. That section is 14:32—29:05.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 17th September 2019 at 12:18.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (17th September 2019), Hervé (17th September 2019), onevoice (17th September 2019), PathWalker (17th September 2019), Reinhard (17th September 2019), Tintin (17th September 2019), Yoda (17th September 2019)

10. Link to Post #406
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

Charlie Munger, Warren Buffett's right-hand man who lived through the Great Depression and who has no doubt has witnessed more scams and financial bubbles than most of us, is similarly scathing about Bitcoin, calling it "worthless artificial gold":

[By the way, I love the banter and wiseassery that goes on in these Gates-Munger-Buffet interviews ]

Last edited by happyuk; 17th September 2019 at 20:29.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th September 2019)

12. Link to Post #407
    United States Avalon Member thalox's Avatar
    Thanks

I do believe that btc bitcoin is a scam as it is very speculative. it is not the original ledger technology that was created from the whitepaper. I think most are missing this point. most everyone are being swindled. if you read the code and white paper, the only one that still holds true to the technology i think is bsv. once btc implemented SegWit, they took the btc ticker (which is only a ticker symbol) but bsv ended up keeping the original code and rules of the original whitepaper. people are chasing the wrong crypto. I have seen alot of programs that are being built on the blockchain network using the original code from the original bitcoin. the "BTC" Ticker that is in the $10k price range isnt building anyhting that i can find. it seems its only speculative trading tool. Either way, crypto as a whole i think is a way to track everything and monitor our new technocracy that is coming or may already be here.

just my 2 satoshi's.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thalox For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Franny (20th September 2019)

14. Link to Post #408
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by thalox (here)
    I do believe that btc bitcoin is a scam as it is very speculative. it is not the original ledger technology that was created from the whitepaper. I think most are missing this point. most everyone are being swindled.
    Yes. (Caveat! My knowledge is limited, and I'm no financial guru. ) But it does seem to me it's merely a speculative investment vehicle, based on (a) scarcity and (b) a great deal of promotional publicity; but not backed by anything real. Its existence is purely digital.

And it's not really a proper currency. It CAN be used to buy some things, but it's actually rarely ever used to do that. The overview by 'Wolf of Wall Street' Jordan Belfort, which I cited above, made a great deal of sense to me.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AlexJunior (1st August 2021), bluestflame (4th August 2021), Franny (20th September 2019), Harmony (2nd August 2021), Yoda (19th September 2019)

16. Link to Post #409
    Uruguay Avalon Member
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks

That's exactly the kind of discussion I was looking for and I'm happy to find someone raising those points.
    If you told me 2 years ago that the use of DLT technology could promote fraud and Ponzi schemes I would say this is impossible. today I realized how innocent I was.
    I still believe crypto has a future and I've been looking for a business that manages to use this technology in a viable and lasting way, but it's hard to see beyond the fog. I have been researching businesses like Ellypos, but nowadays it is almost impossible to distinguish between trustworthy and fraudulent sites, so idk

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlexJunior For This Post:

gord (2nd August 2021), Harmony (2nd August 2021), palehorse (4th August 2021)

18. Link to Post #410
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 times in 232 posts

Quote Posted by AlexJunior (here)
    That's exactly the kind of discussion I was looking for and I'm happy to find someone raising those points.
    If you told me 2 years ago that the use of DLT technology could promote fraud and Ponzi schemes I would say this is impossible. today I realized how innocent I was.
    I still believe crypto has a future and I've been looking for a business that manages to use this technology in a viable and lasting way, but it's hard to see beyond the fog. I have been researching businesses like Ellypos, but nowadays it is almost impossible to distinguish between trustworthy and fraudulent sites, so idk
    Our current fiat system is just as good a ponzi scheme as any other currency.

I rather use alternative currencys that dont have that enourmous level of inflation as our dollar/euro currency.

Also crypto is filled with revolutionairy ideas and start ups. The blockchain technology is someting thats going to totally transform power structures imo.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mypos For This Post:

gord (4th August 2021), palehorse (4th August 2021)

20. Link to Post #411
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

The best investment is something that you can hold it yourself like solid gold/silver, weapons, tobacco, bourbon/rum, grains (food in general), land (if you are afraid gov. can take over eventually then make a lease with the land owner), real education, among other things.
    Bitcoin or any ****coin out there may "suffer" once governments (more exactly central banks) announce that the only legal criptocurrency is the one offered by them, but in my humble opinion it will not make the altcoins, ****coins, crapcoins, dreamcoins, bitcoins, etc.. go away, because it already exist and their decentralized nature allow people to keep mining or whatever is necessary to keep its existence, that would be like tell people to surrender their golds or guns, who will obey specially in time like we are living now?

I play with bitcoin for a decade now, and I am not a big fan of it, I didn't invest on it, but I do use to buy stuffs online, well accepted today. I know some people invested and made a lot of money out of it, luck them, congrats, but it is not for me.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

eagle0027 (12th November 2022), gord (4th August 2021)

22. Link to Post #412
    Ireland Avalon Member aoibhghaire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,430 times in 855 posts

I'm not sure where to post this news.

I thought this would be big news overiding the US mid term elections and Ukraine war.

Bitcoin Slides Anew After FTX Bankruptcy Filing

Cryptocurrencies across the board dropped sharply on news that troubled crypto exchange FTX filed for bankruptcy and CEO Sam Bankman-Fried left the company. The crypto market lost its $1 trillion market capitalization, dropping 18.3% to $803 billion.
    Bitcoin (BTC) dropped about 7% to a 24-hour low of $16,351 during early U.S. trading hours. The CoinDesk Market Index (CMI) of 162 digital assets slid 3.3%, leaving it down 16% in November.

The decline partially reversed a big rally on Thursday, when a report showing slower-than-expected inflation in October gave bitcoin traders some relief. The largest cryptocurrency shot up about 10%, the biggest daily gain in two months.

https://www.coindesk.com/markets/202...ruptcy-filing/

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aoibhghaire For This Post:

eagle0027 (12th November 2022), mountain_jim (12th November 2022), Sue (Ayt) (12th November 2022)

24. Link to Post #413
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,656 times in 8,595 posts

It's even worse than that apparently.

Wonder if this is related to Clif's predictions of a significant event that he dated for tomorrow?

https://twitter.com/YahooFinance/sta...NkWEarNrtj1bPA

ℕ𝔼𝕆ℕ ℝ𝔼𝕍𝕆𝕃𝕋
    @NeonRevolt

7h
    ·
    ·
    WallStreetBets
    #FTX has been hacked. Funds are gone. Delete the app if you have it and don't visit the main site.

This is the lead dev, confirming this on the official FTX telegram.

WOOOOOW.

https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/s...OWz8w1nxN5ZGaQ

https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/s...OWz8w1nxN5ZGaQ

https://twitter.com/scottmelker/stat...-kdEMlNZASJvdA

Last edited by mountain_jim; 13th November 2022 at 13:39.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

aoibhghaire (12th November 2022), RunningDeer (13th November 2022), Vangelo (12th November 2022)

26. Link to Post #414
    Thanks

https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/ftx...potential-hack

FTX Investigates "Abnormalities With Wallet Movements" As Fears Mount Of Potential Hack

BY TYLER DURDEN
    SATURDAY, NOV 12, 2022 - 08:10 AM
    Update (1005ET):

In a text to Reuters on Saturday, FTX's founder Sam Bankman-Fried said he was still in the Bahamas, denying rumors on social media he hopped on a private jet to Buenos Aires.

When asked by Reuters whether he had flown to Argentina, Bankman-Fried responded in a text message: "Nope." He told Reuters he was in the Bahamas.

Earlier, we pointed out speculation on social media that some believed SBF boarded a jet for South America.

< more at link >

https://twitter.com/NewsAsset/status...NfmC734WmFT5vQ

https://twitter.com/NewsAsset/status...NfmC734WmFT5vQ

full image

Last edited by mountain_jim; 13th November 2022 at 13:38.

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

aoibhghaire (12th November 2022), bluestflame (13th November 2022)

28. Link to Post #415
    Thanks

may be links with pedophilia rings in this FTX ownership?

https://twitter.com/gencostocks/stat...wuXCVMxLaNMIQA

Last edited by mountain_jim; 13th November 2022 at 13:38.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

aoibhghaire (12th November 2022), bluestflame (13th November 2022), Brigantia (13th November 2022)

30. Link to Post #416
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 times in 458 posts

Was it already mentioned that the FTX CEO was 2nd largest Democrat donor and pledged up to 1Billion for 2024?

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

aoibhghaire (13th November 2022), bluestflame (13th November 2022), Brigantia (13th November 2022), mountain_jim (13th November 2022)

32. Link to Post #417
    Thanks

posted in Cliff thread - he does point to this event

SciFi World

So it looks like my timing clues were off, sort of.
    i think ze Big News is the FTX collapse a few days back. i think the data engine is forecasting for tomorrow, the 13th, as that may be the 'break-out' day for emotional impacts as we see
    1) how far the ripples will spread;
    2) how many OTHER orgs will be taken down;
    3) how POLITICAL it all was (legal?hmm?);
    4) who are ALL the guilty parties connected to.

Cliif reposted:

https://dossier.substack.com/p/the-t...m_medium=email

The True Believer: how Sam Bankman-Fried's worldview facilitated the creation and destruction of a crypto Ponzi empire

Through effective altruism, the ends justify the means.

Jordan Schachtel
    16 hr ago
    Sam Bankman-Fried is a true believer. Bankman-Fried, or SBF, as he’s referred to in the domain he once ruled, has dedicated his life to the philosophy of effective altruism (EA). He has spent his entire adult life surrounding himself with his ideological comrades, and only his ideological comrades. SBF’s friends believe in effective altruism. His lovers believe in effective altruism. His business partners believe in effective altruism.

Before we get into effective altruism, let’s first catch up to speed on how a man who was once worth tens of billions of dollars went bankrupt overnight.

< more at link >

SciFi World
    Yeah...looks like something smoldering that has real emotional, global potential to ignite emotional response for quite some time and at good levels.

https://twitter.com/JG_Nuke/status/1...sebdQUzcGffYWg

SciFi World
    Well, so it's dirty, deep, dark, dangerous, and spreading around the planet....it's unfolding into the light. And it ain't pretty.

https://twitter.com/gencostocks/stat...52036766445568

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

aoibhghaire (13th November 2022), bluestflame (13th November 2022), Brigantia (13th November 2022), Vangelo (13th November 2022), wegge (13th November 2022)

34. Link to Post #418
    Thanks

https://twitter.com/coffeebreak_YT/s...4khPI-9VzgJsWg

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

aoibhghaire (13th November 2022), avid (13th November 2022), bluestflame (13th November 2022), Brigantia (13th November 2022), Vangelo (13th November 2022), Vicus (13th November 2022), wegge (13th November 2022)

36. Link to Post #419
    Thanks

(I have not verified these claims)

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...q0-GFJDGybyrGg

https://twitter.com/ASavageNation/st...DdqwMzzdjrRMFg

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

aoibhghaire (13th November 2022), Brigantia (13th November 2022)

38. Link to Post #420
    Ireland Avalon Member aoibhghaire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,430 times in 855 posts

According to The Quartering has pointed out the FTX story is the biggest of our time.

Tens of Billions of US Dollars Were Transferred to Ukraine and then Using FTX Crypto Currency the Funds Were Laundered Back to Democrats in US.

Did you ever wonder where all those billions of dollars were going in Ukraine? Did you ever wonder why anyone was trusting the elites in US politics like the Bidens with billions in funds going to Ukraine? Today it turns out that these were excellent questions.

Its confirmed that information that the tens of billions of dollars going to Ukraine were actually laundered back to the US to corrupt Democrats and elites using FTX cryptocurrency. Now the money is gone and FTX is bankrupt. The FTX cryptocurrency appeared to be used in a ponzi scheme involving the Democrats and Ukraine. The word is now out. The Democrats sent tens of billions to Ukraine and then laundered this money back to Democrat pockets and funds in the US. Now the company is bankrupt and the funds are nowhere to be found.

https://michaelsavage.com/breaking-e...mocrats-in-us/

The key to the scam is Ukraines ‘The Green Agenda’. This means they don’t want the Ukraine conflict to end. FTX had ties to the Ukraine government, WEF and the top Biden adviser. The funnel is the United 24 platform set up to supply the arms, drones, etc.

This information was shared on Twitter and can confirm that the sources that this is accurate.
    Further additional links confirming these developments

@TheQuartering

In March 2022, Ukraine partnered with FTX, with Everstake launching the new crypto donation website. FTX was converting crypto currency contributions to Ukraines war efforts into fiat for deposit at the National Bank of Ukraine.
    FTX cryto has gone missing and now scrutinising its wallet which shows up to 500 million has vanished.

@TheQuartering

The CEO of FTX had promised billions in donations to the Democrats after already being their #2 donor behind Soros, then, Ukraine invests our tax dollars for "war aid" into FTX...

https://twitter.com/TheQuartering

FTX was running a simple pump and dump scheme. Alameda Research was setting a price on FTT which was the main capital reserve for FTX. Both companies connected.

However,on Friday, one of the world’s largest crypto exchanges, FTX, announced that it had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy along with its sister entity Alameda Research and approximately 130 other companies related to FTX.
    Lark Davis
    @TheCryptoLark
    This #ftx hack has to be an inside job right? Too crazy that FTX, FTX US, and FTX App all got hit at the same time unless internal security was that terrible. #bitcoin #crypto
    7:00 AM · Nov 12, 2022

@AutismCapital

From a BlockFi employee: "The only reason FTX bailed us out was to get our user funds onto their platform to use in their shell game. They applied immense pressure to get BlockFi funds migrated to FTX custody. Employees were told by executives not to ask questions about the move"

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aoibhghaire For This Post:

Brigantia (13th November 2022), Gwin Ru (13th November 2022), mountain_jim (13th November 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst 1 11 21 22 LastLast