+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You can improve your health in 2 weeks by cutting back on sugar

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Default You can improve your health in 2 weeks by cutting back on sugar

Hello Everyone:
    In 2 weeks you can notice a change in yourself if you cut back on sugar! It's time all of us help ourselves by just slowing down on sugar in all it's tasty ways.
    chancy

link:
    https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/can-imp...201848900.html

Article:
    You can improve your health in 2 weeks by cutting back on sugar

Yahoo BeautyAugust 8, 2017

You know sugar isn’t good for you, but it can be hard to break the habit. If you’re having trouble cutting back on the sweet stuff, this might provide a little extra motivation: New research found that people who reduced their sugar intake had better markers of health in just two weeks.

For the scientific review, which was published in The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association, scientists analyzed previous research on sugar intake, weight, and health, and found a link between eating a lot of sugar (especially fructose) and an increased risk of weight gain. They also discovered that having overweight patients lower their intake of fructose — high-fructose corn syrup in particular— helped lower a person’s risk of developing obesity, fatty liver disease, and type 2 diabetes.

Fructose accelerates the conversion of sugar to fat, the researchers pointed out, and that can lead to these health complications. As a result, they recommend that doctors talk to overweight patients about cutting back on their sugar intake, rather than just focusing on the number on the scale.

The review particularly zeroed in on high fructose corn syrup because it converts to fat up to 18.9 times faster than glucose. High fructose corn syrup — which is found in 75 percent of packaged foods and drinks — flips on the metabolic pathways that converts it to fat, where it’s stored in the body, causing weight gain, the researchers said. It also tricks the brain into thinking that the body is starving and makes people less inclined to exercise.

On the positive side, people in the review who cut out high fructose corn syrup became healthier without dieting or counting calories.

When people eat too much sugar, it causes a spike in insulin levels, Gina Keatley, a certified dietitian nutritionist practicing in New York City, tells Yahoo Beauty. “Insulin helps the body to process and store energy for current and future use,” she explains. “But after decades of these spikes, cells all over the body become nonreactive to the insulin, which can cause high blood sugar, kidney failure, and diabetes.”

A high sugar intake also promotes chronic inflammation inside the body, which is linked to many diseases, including heart disease and cancer, Beth Warren — a registered dietitian, founder of Beth Warren Nutrition, and author of Living a Real Life With Real Food — tells Yahoo Beauty. It can even impact your central nervous system — specifically your brain’s ability to control your appetite — Deena Adimoolam, M.D., assistant professor of medicine, endocrinology, diabetes, and bone disease at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, tells Yahoo Beauty.

Unfortunately, you probably already eat too much sugar. Julie Upton, registered dietitian and co-founder of the nutrition website Appetite for Health, tells Yahoo Beauty that most Americans eat two to three times as much added sugar than the American Heart Association recommends, which is no more than six teaspoons a day for women and nine teaspoons a day for men.

While high fructose corn syrup in particular was flagged, Keatley says your body can’t really tell the difference between fructose, table sugar, and even honey. “If you’re looking to cut back, it can be from all sources,” she says.

If you know you eat too much sugar, there are a few things you can do to scale back. Adimoolam recommends avoiding processed foods whenever possible (they tend to be sugar traps) and choosing foods with natural forms of sugar, such as fruit, whenever you can.

Mashed bananas, dates, prunes, or applesauce can also be used as sweeteners in baked goods, Upton says. It also might help to slowly cut back on the amount of sugar you add to things like coffee to give your taste buds time to catch up, Warren suggests. Keatley agrees. “Slow and steady looks to be best for people,” she says.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Akasha (10th August 2017), BMJ (12th August 2017), DNA (10th August 2017), Fellow Aspirant (11th August 2017), Franny (10th August 2017), Gaia (10th August 2017), Ioneo (10th August 2017), Jayke (10th August 2017), Jean-Marie (10th August 2017), Nasu (10th August 2017), StandingWave (10th August 2017), sunflower (10th August 2017), tessie999 (12th August 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Default Re: You can improve your health in 2 weeks by cutting back on sugar

Glycation is one of the major factors that age us. As we age, a yeast/fungus nanobacteria/nanocalcium spreads in our body. Its one of the major causes of old age.

Some say there's only one disease: Progeria. Sugar speeds up this slow death process.

I wonder what sugar does to the Telomeres.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Bob (3rd September 2017), DNA (10th August 2017), Franny (10th August 2017), Jayke (10th August 2017), Jean-Marie (10th August 2017), Nasu (10th August 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

I changed my diet drastically a couple of years ago:
    No coffee
    Only herbal tea
    No sugar in the tea
    Only fruit in the morning (instead of the 4 slices of bread I ate for breakfast before)
    Couple of slices of bread during lunch, with healthy topping
    Vegetables between lunch and diner, like cucumber, tomato, paprika, celery

That diet made me loose like 5 kilos of overweight and now I have a BMI of 23.4 Kg/square metre

I do however eat some occasional sweets like cookies or pie, but not as structural like before. I can recommend the change to anyone. Just make that you buy the delicious fruits and veggies instead of the processed foods.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Daozen (10th August 2017), DNA (10th August 2017), Franny (10th August 2017), Jayke (10th August 2017), Nasu (10th August 2017), tessie999 (12th August 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Xylitol seems to be a good source of sugar, which used moderately can bring healthy benefits to the body.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle (Plato)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unicorn For This Post:

Daozen (10th August 2017), DNA (10th August 2017), Nasu (10th August 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

would yall say that cutting out fruit would be wise? I have read what I consider intelligent people argue both sides. thanks in advance.

robin

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robinr1 For This Post:

Daozen (10th August 2017), DNA (10th August 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,733 times in 4,313 posts

I agree 100% with sugar being horrible and the source for fungus and bad bacteria growth in the body.
    For folks who can not kick sugar weekly doses of turpentine help quite a bit in poisoning the fungus and bad bacteria.
    Folks should visit the turpentine thread, and you can't buy this type of turp from the hardware store you have to order 100% pure gum spirits online to insure it has not been denatured which means it has not had petroleum added.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

BMJ (12th August 2017), Daozen (10th August 2017), Nasu (10th August 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

do you eat fruit dna? would u consider fructose from fruit just as bad?

QUOTE=DNA;1172386]I agree 100% with sugar being horrible and the source for fungus and bad bacteria growth in the body.
    For folks who can not kick sugar weekly doses of turpentine help quite a bit in poisoning the fungus and bad bacteria.
    Folks should visit the turpentine thread, and you can't buy this type of turp from the hardware store you have to order 100% pure gum spirits online to insure it has not been denatured which means it has not had petroleum added.[/QUOTE]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to robinr1 For This Post:

DNA (11th August 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by robinr1 (here)
    would yall say that cutting out fruit would be wise? I have read what I consider intelligent people argue both sides. thanks in advance.

robin
    lets not forget that the best and most natural substance been demonize while the worst been promoted as good. All this talks about natural sugar promoting fungus growth and all are bs to me. well maybe they are good fungus. I consume at least 1 kg of sweet fruit everyday up to 4 kgs. Wounds heal by itself, can recover quickly from major illnesses (accident). can sprint like a twenty year old. play two hours basketball with men half my age. dont catch common colds for years except when I went away from home and fruit diet. Housemates got infected by my fruit diet. They saw result apparently. Natural sugar is one of the best if not the best substance man has on this planet. 7 billion sets of taste buds cant be wrong about that. If we just listen to our senses. Its 120 am here. just finish my half kg midnight snack papaya.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

dynamo (11th August 2017), robinr1 (10th August 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Regarding fruit contains sugar and whether that's good or bad: I think it depends on your state of body. If you already have a sugar problem in your body, then obviously eating fruit is not the best option. In that case I would recommend to eat loads of the veggies. Though when you have a well balanced, healthy body, then eating a large portion of fruit daily is beneficial because of the fibers, vitamins and minerals. These substances will help process the sugar in a manner that is not unhealthy for the body, namely for energy. Because there's a pretty good natural balance in fruit.

It becomes unhealthy, when processed food, that contains sugar or adding just sugar to your food is consumed in without the proper amount of vitamins and minerals to process it properly, and not enough physical movement, to consume the energy. Then fat will be created.

My idea: Fruit good? Definitely, though check you physical state and diet. Is diet and physical state such that more sugar is undesired: eat loads of veggies, get physical and cut on consuming processed food with sugar or adding sugar.

*edited to change spelling of 'energie' (dutch spelling) to 'energy'

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Daozen (11th August 2017), robinr1 (11th August 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,733 times in 4,313 posts

Quote Posted by robinr1 (here)
    do you eat fruit dna? would u consider fructose from fruit just as bad?

Whole fruit is far better than refined sugar just as sugar cane is better than refined fructose from fruit.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DNA For This Post:

BMJ (12th August 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by Slobbe (here)
    Regarding fruit contains sugar and whether that's good or bad: I think it depends on your state of body. If you already have a sugar problem in your body, then obviously eating fruit is not the best option. In that case I would recommend to eat loads of the veggies.
    It becomes unhealthy, when processed food, that contains sugar or adding just sugar to your food is consumed in without the proper amount of vitamins and minerals to process it properly, and not enough physical movement, to consume the energy. Then fat will be created.

My idea: Fruit good? Definitely, though check you physical state and diet. Is diet and physical state such that more sugar is undesired: eat loads of veggies, get physical and cut on consuming processed food with sugar or adding sugar.

'
    Agree, I have 3 brothers all younger than me all 3 had a bout with diabetes while I was never diagnose with an elevated blood sugar every test conducted on me shows ideal sugar count. I was really considering maybe the molds are consuming the excess sugar. There are good as well as bad bacteria in our bodies. Anyway 2 of brothers now are out of diabetes illness. My advice was a big help. "Stop medication dont take unless its extremely necessary. Eat more veggies, drink water upon waking up and drink every time you pee, exercise more".
    Of course I am not saying that lots of fruits will be good for everyone maybe I am abnormal in this regard and besides everyone is unique. The best thing is to observe reaction and be receptive to what the body is saying than listening to publish info.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Words of Joy (9th September 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 435 posts

I prefer to use Stevia as a natural sweetener
    It is calorie free and extracted from the leaves of the plant species, Stevia rebaudiana.
    You can buy this is liquid, powder or tablet form from health stores or supermarkets.

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,098 times in 20,640 posts

Stevia is definitely a good choice for health, but a lot of people, myself included, can't stand the taste.
    I've tried xylitol, erythritol, monk fruit, raw organic sugar, coconut crystals, just about everything.
    Erythritol gives me a stomach ache and gas, xylitol is too expensive, and it's hard to find a good source, since most of it is made from GMO corn, monk fruit simply isn't sweet enough and too expensive, and raw organic sugar seems to feed my candida problem just as much as any other sugar.
    I mostly use raw local honey, which at least has some nutritional value.
    And after eating something sweet, I take some extract of olive leaf in my mouth to prevent candida from causing inflammation and drowsiness, which it always, always will, otherwise.
    Candida overgrowth is no myth, and is very well documented.
    Each breath a gift...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

BMJ (12th August 2017)

+ Reply to Thread