+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Muscle Testing. Does it Work or Waste of Time?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Truthster013's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Muscle Testing. Does it Work or Waste of Time?

I stumbled upon the concept of muscle testing by accident recently and have been reading a book from one of the pioneers in the field (or at least that's what the book seems to claim). According to the book, our muscles become week or strong in the presence of universal truths or falsehoods such that we can test the truth of a statement merely by testing our own body's muscle reaction to a question. The author suggests that doing so taps into a sort of universal consciousness and the answer is accurate regardless of what we know about the subject. If we make a false statement, our muscles will become weak and we will easily "bend" to pressure when someone pushes down on our outstretched arm for example. But if we make a true statement our muscles become strong and it is much harder for someone to push our arm down because the "truth" of the statement gives our muscles strength.

For a brief moment I was excited to think that there could be something to this but as he gave examples in the book I began to seriously doubt it's useufulness and saw serious flaws in his logic. What do you think? Is there any evidence that some form of muscle testing can mystically give us accurate answers to questions that are reliable just merely by asking the question and measuring the effect on our muscles reaction? Or, is this purely mumbo jumbo?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

greybeard (12th August 2017), Pam (11th August 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,369 times in 3,306 posts

Default Re: Muscle Testing. Does it Work or Waste of Time?

Try it out for yourself!! Some naturopaths, chiropractors and other healing modalities use it effectively. I have personally seen demonstrations of it that were very amazing and have personally found it to be accurate.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

greybeard (12th August 2017), wondering (11th August 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,256 times in 2,136 posts

Quote Posted by Truthster013 (here)
    I stumbled upon the concept of muscle testing by accident recently and have been reading a book from one of the pioneers in the field (or at least that's what the book seems to claim). According to the book, our muscles become week or strong in the presence of universal truths or falsehoods such that we can test the truth of a statement merely by testing our own body's muscle reaction to a question. The author suggests that doing so taps into a sort of universal consciousness and the answer is accurate regardless of what we know about the subject. If we make a false statement, our muscles will become weak and we will easily "bend" to pressure when someone pushes down on our outstretched arm for example. But if we make a true statement our muscles become strong and it is much harder for someone to push our arm down because the "truth" of the statement gives our muscles strength.

For a brief moment I was excited to think that there could be something to this but as he gave examples in the book I began to seriously doubt it's useufulness and saw serious flaws in his logic. What do you think? Is there any evidence that some form of muscle testing can mystically give us accurate answers to questions that are reliable just merely by asking the question and measuring the effect on our muscles reaction? Or, is this purely mumbo jumbo?
    Yes it seems to work when done by two people. The person being tested makes a true or false statement, or holds food or medication of unknown benefit/harm. Muscle strength appears to change. The person doing the testing feels a weaker muscle strenght in the person being tested. The strength of the tester does not change so a difference is detected.

The part I do not understand yet is how one can do the test on oneself, because all muscles may be influenced equally. One way around this may be to use a spring scale (a constant standard) to measure the force required to move a limb or finger.

If memory serves me, Bill Ryan has had training to use muscle testing.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 11th August 2017 at 15:57.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

greybeard (12th August 2017), Pam (14th January 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

It can only work as long as your arm doesn't tire.
    Repeated testing will tire your arm, and that will affect the results.
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

greybeard (12th August 2017), Pam (14th January 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (11th August 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,560 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    If memory serves me, Bill Ryan has had training to use muscle testing.
    Yes. I'm a trained kinesiologist, though I never took the exams to qualify formally. That was back about 15 years ago now. And yes, it most certainly works wonderfully well for body-analysis purposes.

It's super-easy to train anyone in 5 mins or less to use it (for instance) to identify foods to which one might be sensitive, and to pick out which supplements (and which brands, too) one might best benefit from. I've also used it extensively to identify which Bach Flower remedies might be helpful (sometimes, not what one might think from the brief descriptions.)

However, I do think that sometimes muscle-testing has been used for purposes which it was never originally designed for (rather like using a pendulum!), and I may not be in the best position to comment on those.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Andrew_K (11th August 2017), drneglector (12th August 2017), Franny (12th August 2017), greybeard (12th August 2017), Jayke (11th August 2017), kirolak (11th August 2017), Pam (14th January 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (11th August 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have used this method at different times in my life, it's very accurate and I have used a pendulum too; personally I think muscle testing by myself is better. The method I use is doing it with thumbs and index fingers making a ring and interlink those rings, depending on the answer you can free your fingers easier. However you need to practice A LOT before you can be sure about the answer, they say untill you can do it with your intuition, because the difference is subtle, but it works! There are hundreds of videos on youtube about this method, what I found more hard to do is to narrow whatever I want to know to yes or no questions. Dr. Bradley Nelson wrote two books "The emotion code" and "The body code" and sells his program. His method is about finding through muscle testing the emotional blockages one has and then clearing them with magnets. Years ago I had a situation with my son who after high school couldn't find a job, was depressed, no motivation at all, etc etc. Very frustrating for me because I'm the opposite, always doing something, creating, having business ideas, etc; so I looked for a practitioner of Dr Nelson's method, this person lives in Japan and he did 5 sessions on my son, the changes were great! He got more enthusiastic and now he's doing very well in all aspects of his life. What this practitioner found was a lot of abandonment emotions in my son's lineage mostly in his father side and his father's ancestors.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to latina For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th August 2017), drneglector (12th August 2017), Franny (12th August 2017), greybeard (12th August 2017), Jayke (11th August 2017), Pam (14th January 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (11th August 2017), Unicorn (12th August 2017), wondering (11th August 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

I'd be wary of the testing for 'universal truths' aspect of kinesiology... I've witnessed several people tumble down the rabbit hole of delusion due to self testing and asking questions like 'am I the reincarnation of Christ?' or such other ego based questions... And when their self tested thumb stays strong, they can really lose all sense of sanity over time.

But like Bill said, for a more subjective, personal approach, kinesiology can work great. The physical body IS your unconscious mind afterall. There's a lot of wisdom stored in the fibres of the unconscious...

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Andrew_K (11th August 2017), Bill Ryan (11th August 2017), drneglector (12th August 2017), Franny (12th August 2017), kirolak (11th August 2017), Pam (14th January 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Truthster013's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to thank everyone who has commented so far. I have read every single piece of advice and giving it some thought. I'm intrigued by the idea and simply will have to do some testing to see if I can make anything work for me.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th August 2017), greybeard (12th August 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (11th August 2017), wnlight (12th January 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Great Britain Avalon Member BlueHeron's Avatar
    Thanks

I've also found Kinesiology to be very helpful. In my opinion it does work, but I'd add that I worked with an experienced and fully qualified Kinesiologist who has been using the muscle testing technique for many years. After feeling tired and generally run down the technique helped me to identify things in my diet that needed eliminating and which supplements needed adding. There were some that came up that were a surprise and some that confirmed what I felt I already knew. The practitioner didn't tell me what she was testing so I couldn't hear her out loud or affect the testing in that way. After following the changes for about three months I feel much better. It's actually something I'd enjoy learning myself, as in gaining the qualification, because I believe that alternative techniques like Kinesiology can help to make a huge difference in how you feel day to day. I kept an open mind when I went and I really enjoyed the sessions. If you decide to try it, then I hope that it works well for you too

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueHeron For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th August 2017), Pam (14th January 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (12th August 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

The late Dr David R Hawkins set great store on this and claimed that you could ascertain the answer to any question--current or past.
    His book "Power vs Force" --covers the subject well.
    Worth a read.

https://veritaspub.com/
    Last edited by greybeard; 12th August 2017 at 09:23.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Muscle testing (Kinesiology) - I am planning a simple experiment using an inexpensive luggage scale to self test for yes/no answers. I have a question about forming my questions. It may be important to ask a question correctly.

For example:
    Question 1: Is the item in my hand good for me?
    Question 2: Is the item in my hand not good for me?

My intuition says Question 1 is the only correct way.
    Does anyone have any experienced input?

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th January 2020), Pam (14th January 2020), Stephanie (12th January 2020), wnlight (12th January 2020)

22. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Muscle testing (Kinesiology) - I am planning a simple experiment using an inexpensive luggage scale to self test for yes/no answers. I have a question about forming my questions. It may be important to ask a question correctly.

For example:

Ron it may be a good idea to get the book "Power vs Force" by Dr David Hawkins
    He used it with groups of volunteers.
    However two people are ok one doubtful.
    One stands with arm out stretched the other asks the question and if its untrue the arm goes down with minimum pressure from the questioner.
    Its always a positive question, a statement. "This~~~~~ is good for me?" if it isnt the arm when pressed will go down.
    Truth strengthens the arm, false weakens it basically.
    Dr Hawkins maintained that the answer to any question can be answered to this but you must have a very precise question.
    Will marrying this person be good for me? --- Well it might be very good for some aspects of you and very bad for other. She might be a great cook a good mother and get you into debt.
    So the question was too open.
    You could have a series of questions on one subject--that would give a good overview.

It does not work for 70% of the population according to Hawkins
    There has to be a level of integrity in the question--unfortunately most people are not very integreous.
    Selfish motives.
    Quite a few therapists se Kinesology with success.
    Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 11th January 2020 at 21:07.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th January 2020), ClearWater (11th January 2020), DeeMetrios (27th January 2020), Pam (14th January 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (11th January 2020), Stephanie (12th January 2020), wnlight (12th January 2020)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,560 times in 32,726 posts

For example:

Well, the way muscle testing really works is:
    • Anything that's 'good for you' will strengthen the muscle.
    • Anything that's 'not good for you' will weaken the muscle.
    So the procedure is this. But not always easy to do on one's own!

1. Test your arm muscle and ensure it's 'strong'. This way is the easiest/best if one's working with a partner/assistant. (Always recommended if at all possible. Self-testing isn't all that easy.)

2. Hold the item in your hand (it it's fairly light) and then test the muscle again.
    3. If the item is harmful, then the muscle will weaken.

A corollary of this is the following:

1. Find a muscle that's weak. If it's not weak to start with, one way to work this is to test the arm (exactly as above) and check it's strong.
    2. Then, with the other hand, touch an area of the body that has a problem or ailment. The muscle will weaken.
    3. Then, still touching the area of the body with the problem, test the weakened arm this time holding the item you want to check out.
    4. If it strengthens the arm, then that item is good for the problem area of the body.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 11th January 2020 at 21:10.

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

ClearWater (11th January 2020), DeeMetrios (27th January 2020), Franny (11th January 2020), greybeard (13th January 2020), Inaiá (14th January 2020), Pam (14th January 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (11th January 2020), Stephanie (12th January 2020), wnlight (12th January 2020), Yoda (12th January 2020)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 times in 2,098 posts

Back in the 1980s I also took a course in Kinesiology and found it was very helpful with health issues and some other areas.

I, also, have found it works well for objective questions but would not rely on it for universal or subjective questions as mentioned above. I found, for me, it doesn't work well alone; it's best done with another person. I tend to get mixed answers when doing it alone.

An example of subjective questions I saw was an entire book which used Kinesiology to 'determine' the spiritual level of world leaders, animal species, places to live, cities, buildings, political and other organizations, religions and much more. I would not rely on any of it.
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th January 2020), greybeard (13th January 2020), Pam (14th January 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (11th January 2020), Stephanie (12th January 2020)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

In a group setting with an experienced Kinesiologist, I have had positive results.
    With my arm out, I told a truth and then I told a lie (changed my name).
    When I used a false name, the arm was always weaker.
    We did this more than a few times at different meetings.
    I have an experiment planned and will post the results when complete.

I like to experiment and explore. I question everything, including my own suspicions. :-)

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th January 2020), DeeMetrios (27th January 2020), Franny (11th January 2020), greybeard (13th January 2020), Pam (14th January 2020), Stephanie (12th January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (11th January 2020)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

First experiment did not go well.
    The measuring device (weighs luggage) took 3 sample measurements, probably averaging the data of dynamic force. I want a simple spring scale with mechanical memory to measure peak (not average) force. So far, no luck finding one. I may need to make my own.

Name:  IMG_0405.JPG
Views: 367
Size:  20.3 KB
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 14th January 2020 at 19:06.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

DeeMetrios (27th January 2020), greybeard (17th January 2020), Pam (14th January 2020)

32. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Franny (here)
    Back in the 1980s I also took a course in Kinesiology and found it was very helpful with health issues and some other areas.

I, also, have found it works well for objective questions but would not rely on it for universal or subjective questions as mentioned above. I found, for me, it doesn't work well alone; it's best done with another person. I tend to get mixed answers when doing it alone.

An example of subjective questions I saw was an entire book which used Kinesiology to 'determine' the spiritual level of world leaders, animal species, places to live, cities, buildings, political and other organizations, religions and much more. I would not rely on any of it.
    The late Dr David Hawkins did a lot of, to my mind, needless testing.
    His spiritual books exceptional, so why go into what he knew to be an ilusion?
    Chris

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

DeeMetrios (27th January 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (15th January 2020)

+ Reply to Thread