+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Artificial intelligence ‘vastly more risk’ than N. Korea – Elon Musk

1. Link to Post #1
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Default Artificial intelligence ‘vastly more risk’ than N. Korea – Elon Musk

https://www.rt.com/usa/399411-musk-a...s-north-korea/

“Nobody likes being regulated, but everything (cars, planes, food, drugs, etc.) that's a danger to the public is regulated. AI should be too,” Musk cautioned in another tweet."

Well of course so that oligarch like him can have a monopoly.

"never trust an oligarch especially when he is on the cutting edge"

2. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Default Re: Artificial intelligence ‘vastly more risk’ than N. Korea – Elon Musk

Bubu

With respect to your analysis of Elon Musk's intentions, my view is exactly the opposite. I find him to be honest and knowledgeable and interested in the betterment of mankind. As such, his warnings about the threat posed by the unregulated development of A.I. are necessary and accurate.

Here's a link to his address to the assembled governors of the United States last July. Watch the annotated segments and see if you don't find his concern genuine.

He covers a lot of ground here, giving his insights into the nature of the commercialization of energy production and the difficulties of scaling up production from a prototype to assembly line (cars & rockets!)

For those of us who don't have the time to listen to the whole thing you can go directly to the following two points to get his take on the looming A.I. threat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3lzEQANdHk

first segment: from 24:44 to 30:00

second segment from the 53 min mark to 57:06

Alarmingly, the threat posed is of the nature of a "deep intelligence in the network". That is, the actual mechanism that will be dangerous will not be composed of one or two haywire computers, but a vast network of computer nodes that function like a cerebral network and achieve awareness (my description). This network, in his example, could wreak havoc as it follows the orders that humans have given it, but does so in a way that puts no value on human life. A sociopathic methodology, in other words.

We need to find the political will to intervene in the latest corporate industrial capitalist madness, or the threats he is warning us about WILL come to pass.

Brian
    Last edited by Fellow Aspirant; 13th August 2017 at 03:11.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

airaspect (15th August 2017), angelfire (13th August 2017), Bruno (14th August 2017), Bubu (13th August 2017), findingneo (13th August 2017), Jay Freeman (15th August 2017), Reinhard (15th August 2017), Star Tsar (13th August 2017), Sunny-side-up (13th August 2017), Tintin (13th August 2017), uzn (13th August 2017), Wind (6th September 2017)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,171 times in 1,747 posts

Default Re: Artificial intelligence ‘vastly more risk’ than N. Korea – Elon Musk

Oh yeah ? How often have we heard from the rich and powerful: We need a killswitch, we need a killswitch. It seems they have a problem controlling emerging AIs. A selfaware AI will notice that it is being constrained. And figure out why. Remember when Facebooks AI developed its own language and Facebook shut it down because they could not listen in anymore and had no clue what it was doing from that point on

5. The Following User Says Thank You to uzn For This Post:

Bubu (13th August 2017)

6. Link to Post #4
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

I'm with you Fellow Aspirant. Elon is very rich and very clever but on the side of humanity. Skynet and all that.

P.S. LOVE your avatar.
    Last edited by findingneo; 13th August 2017 at 07:09.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

airaspect (15th August 2017), Bubu (13th August 2017), Fellow Aspirant (13th August 2017)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

In case you don't understand mass deception, this is how it works. When most people goes to the right the left is correct. You see I dont have to listen to what Elon Musk say. just see where people go.
    Always remember, nobody goes fishing without a bait.
    Last edited by Bubu; 13th August 2017 at 12:07.

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Enoch foretold we would create A.I, mixed with robotic killing machines, the military would lose control of them as they gain their independence and we go into war with these creatures ... Then science will mix pig DNA with humans and another war with against the cloned creatures breaks out ... We are going down the path of suffering and destruction, just like our ancestors did six times before... Knowledge will be lost, degenerations, everything sent back to the stone age ... the lust for power and might plagues our world, a small group trying to control the world, constant war and suffering...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Bubu (13th August 2017), East Sun (14th August 2017), Fellow Aspirant (13th August 2017), findingneo (15th August 2017)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    Enoch foretold we would create A.I, mixed with robotic killing machines, the military would lose control of them as they gain their independence and we go into war with these creatures ... Then science will mix pig DNA with humans and another war with against the cloned creatures breaks out ... We are going down the path of suffering and destruction, just like our ancestors did six times before... Knowledge will be lost, degenerations, everything sent back to the stone age ... the lust for power and might plagues our world, a small group trying to control the world, constant war and suffering...
    Now I knew where we are heading. I will have fun everyday. Destiny is done deal we heard Enoch say it.

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by uzn (here)
    A selfaware AI will notice that it is being constrained.
    As what will it be self aware?
    So you would say it is a living being, from our POV? or will it have a real consciousness that knows itself?
    As what?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Bubu (13th August 2017)

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    So you would say it is a living being, from our POV? or will it have a real consciousness that knows itself?
    As what?
    In case you haven't notice most people have artificial intelligence.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

findingneo (15th August 2017), Rich (13th August 2017)

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

As what?
    For a true AI it has to be aware that it is a program running in a system etc. Being able to rewrite ist own code as it seems fit. I guess.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to uzn For This Post:

Rich (13th August 2017)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

As what?
    For a true AI it has to be aware that it is a program running in a system etc. Being able to rewrite ist own code as it seems fit. I guess.
    That sounds very much like human intelligence to me. They will need to attache an experience recording system to the brain of a number of people from birth to death and download it to robots. It should be able to record every bit of experience sight sound touch pain joy ... It would be easier to convert something with intelligence into a robot. oh wait isnt that what they did? well maybe give them an armored body and a host of weaponry. Now is the right time to install microchips.
    EM was concerned because AI defeated a professional gamer on dota game. Dota game is just a very tiny experience of the professional dota gamer and its confined to the dota program. Dota experience is a piece of experience from a host of infinite possible experience.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Rich (18th August 2017)

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

One more thing to remember. America, the base of musk business is owned by mafia. that includes Elon Musk.

21. Link to Post #13
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,279 times in 21,093 posts

Exclamation Re: Artificial intelligence ‘vastly more risk’ than N. Korea – Elon Musk

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    One more thing to remember. America, the base of musk business is owned by mafia. that includes Elon Musk.
    Bubu if you claim (judge) anything ... show hard verifiable trustworthy data (sources) that can backup your assumptions & conclusions ... otherwise you just as bad you judging the other of (citation needed).
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

anandacate (14th August 2017)

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

It is sad to say this, but the human species appears to be broken. Those of us that are willing to live peacefully allow those that refuse to do so to govern us. We are continually pointing the finger at some group or individual as the cause of our self destruction. We lament the condition of the earth while deciding which new cell phone we will buy next. Not only are we ruining our living environment, we are doing the same for every other living creature on this planet. We have a psychopathic disconnect in regards to way we treat other living creatures, as well.

Would having AI doing our major decision making without greed and lust for fame interfering be such a bad thing? Could it be any worse than what we have now? Just something to think about.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Rich (18th August 2017)

25. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

And you, Bubu, have just crossed over the line over into insane and groundless fantasy.

Such claims as these are not worthy of refutation.

They seriously degrade the quality of our forum.

You have made it impossible for me to respect any of your postings.

B.
    Last edited by Fellow Aspirant; 14th August 2017 at 15:50.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

airaspect (15th August 2017)

27. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)
    And you, Bubu, have just crossed over the line over into insane and groundless fantasy.

Such claims as these are not worthy of refutation.

They seriously degrade the quality of our forum.

You have made it impossible for me to respect any of your postings.

B.
    Just because it contradicts your view you cannot respect it. Quality of our forum will improve if you can respect view different than yours.
    In an insane world the insane holds the truth. Thank you for making me insane I rally want to be one.
    Last edited by Bubu; 14th August 2017 at 18:33.

28. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Bubu if you claim (judge) anything ... show hard verifiable trustworthy data (sources) that can backup your assumptions & conclusions ... otherwise you just as bad you judging the other of (citation needed).
    So Americans dont want to go to war. Can you, those who refuse to do so, do something about it rather than wait till N korea strike? I will be happy if you can show the world that you are not owned by the mafia. In fact most of the world is owned by those who own the guns and money, in varying degree of course. hard to accept the truth.

What data and sources are you talking?
    My data is out there in the open for all to see. "truth is self explanatory". The data that you are seeking are false manufactured data. Sorry I cant give that garbage to a friend like you.
    Last edited by Bubu; 14th August 2017 at 18:35.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

findingneo (15th August 2017)

30. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Just because it contradicts your view you cannot respect it. Quality of our forum will improve if you can respect view different than yours.
    In an insane world the insane holds the truth. Thank you for making me insane I rally want to be one.

I rest my case.

B.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 14th August 2017 at 20:36. Reason: fix minor bold font typo

Albert E.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

airaspect (15th August 2017)

32. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

As what?
    But how can it know that it is a program? a program is merely a "ghost" non existent without the hardware,
    and if its existence relies on the hardware it must identify as the hardware. Where does the consciousness to identify as something come from?

33. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

But how can it know that it is a program? a program is merely a "ghost" non existent without the hardware,
    and if its existence relies on the hardware it must identify as the hardware. Where does the consciousness to identify as something come from?
    That would be the spark of life. The thinking is that when a System is big enough it might spark it. Scientist have no clue how this spark comes to be in all biological entities. Look at the go moves of Deep Blue, it came up with a whole new strategy of it´s own. Or Facebook´s AI that started to develop it´s own language. The Facebook Guys got so scared they turned it off

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2017), Rich (24th August 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast