+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Paranormal Code: Why Psychics Aren't Real, & Wilcock's Brakes?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,025 times in 2,396 posts

Default Re: The Paranormal Code: Why Psychics Aren't Real, & Wilcock's Brakes?

I think the majority would agree that hoaxers are very dishonest people, irresponsible and even dangerous. The fact that such people exist though cannot be extended to mean that everyone claiming psychic abilities is some kind of charlatan.
    My own experiences have led to me personally meeting two people that definitely had phsychic abilities, and I know of a third with whom I have communicated though not physically met.

I read an interesting quote a month or so back that was sufficiently good for me to jot down.

"One sure mark of a fool is someone that dismisses anything outside their experience as being impossible." The key perhaps is keeping an open mind and not deciding after 'x' amount of contrary information that a case can be closed.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th August 2017), celticwarrior (24th August 2017), Earth Angel (24th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd August 2017), Michelle Marie (28th October 2017), Nasu (23rd August 2017), RunningDeer (23rd August 2017), Shannon (24th August 2017), Wind (24th August 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    I think the majority would agree that hoaxers are very dishonest people, irresponsible and even dangerous. The fact that such people exist though cannot be extended to mean that everyone claiming psychic abilities is some kind of charlatan.
    My own experiences have led to me personally meeting two people that definitely had phsychic abilities, and I know of a third with whom I have communicated though not physically met.

I read an interesting quote a month or so back that was sufficiently good for me to jot down.

"One sure mark of a fool is someone that dismisses anything outside their experience as being impossible." The key perhaps is keeping an open mind and not deciding after 'x' amount of contrary information that a case can be closed.
    I agree, one doesn't always equal another. The fact that there are fakers and forgers does not mean that everyone is a fake or a forgery.

I have no such "powers" but had an interesting personal experience that has made me think hard about what I thought I knew. When I was a boy, many many moons ago, a friend of mine claimed to have clairvoyant powers. He claimed that he had seen the future and he had two predictions, the first being that Prince Charles would never become king. At the time he had just married Lady Diana and all seemed very rosy, all in all a very unlikely prophesy. The second one had me in stitches, that Arnold Schwarzenegger would one day become president of the United States of America, again at the time I had just watched one of his action movies the week before and that seemed extremely unlikely.

All this time later and look how the path has twisted toward his prophesy coming true. Charles and Camilla are not liked very much, there is already talk of the crown skipping him to his popular son William. Arnold married into the Kennedy family and became governor of the largest state in the union, the campaign to change the constitution so that he could become president began ten years ago...

Clearly not very scientific proof of the Paranormal, but for me, it's evidence of more than I can perceive going on and being perceived by other more gifted souls.

The larger point of this post is that when we have an opinion, a very fixed opinion, we craft the evidence to fit our world view, often in-spite of valid scientific evidence. We have seen that in religion over the past few thousand years.

I hope new members don't confuse our distaste for Corey's lack of evidence or our amusement at David's ridiculously self centered drama queen behavior, to think that we discount everything out of hand.

Welcome to the forum. There are more things in heaven and earth, ParanormalCode, Than are dream't of in your philosophy....x.... N
    Last edited by Nasu; 24th August 2017 at 05:05.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th August 2017), Ewan (23rd August 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th August 2017), gaiagirl (30th October 2017), RunningDeer (24th August 2017), Shannon (24th August 2017), Wind (24th August 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,469 times in 5,705 posts

i've had quite a few psychic readings. they've all been pretty bad.

still, i instinctually want to refute the O.P.'s suggestion, but i can't do that with any kind of conviction. i'd be denying my personal experience. i swore off psychic readings a long time ago, and only relented recently because of some 30 pages of positive testimonial about one particular psychic...only to be duped yet again. my fault. shoulda stuck to my intuition about such things.

i've never seen a ghost either.

or a ufo.

i'm quite sure they exist, however. i like to think that good psychics do too. the only difference is that i never paid the equivalent cost of a modest 4 door sedan to see a ghost or a ufo. so..my experience with psychics is colored with this bitterness.

my feeling is that the world was once full of psychics. maybe everyone was psychic. my feeling is that these psychics were hugely gifted and easily able to give 'readings' with near total accuracy. the so called psychics we see today are likely the severely watered down versions of their much more talented ancestors. maybe we were all 'gods' once, maybe we've all regressed in this fashion. it's likely so.
    Last edited by Mike; 24th August 2017 at 04:30.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Ewan (24th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th August 2017), Nasu (24th August 2017), RunningDeer (24th August 2017), Shannon (24th August 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

I once said to a skeptic:

"No, no, you have it wrong.
    I don't believe in things that I can't see.
    I believe in things that YOU can't see."

There are people who can experience reality in a different way than what we consider normal. This can take many forms and manifest in very different ways. The problem with many "psychics" is that they have no training. They can't tell the difference between what they see and their interpretation of it. They delude themselves the same as anyone else. Many fall into the delusion that they have special wisdom. I've spoken before about how to tell what is what. Many people can access information, but cannot distinguish between what is real information and what is themselves. Or even know to bother.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th August 2017), Carmody (25th August 2017), Ewan (24th August 2017), findingneo (29th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th August 2017), gaiagirl (30th October 2017), Nasu (24th August 2017), Reirrac (24th August 2017), RunningDeer (24th August 2017), Sequoia (24th August 2017), Shannon (24th August 2017), uzn (24th August 2017), Wind (24th August 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,191 times in 32,903 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    i've had quite a few psychic readings. they've all been pretty bad.
    I've had some terrible ones, too. But also one or two that have completely knocked me off my feet.

Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    I once said to a skeptic:

"No, no, you have it wrong.
    I don't believe in things that I can't see.
    I believe in things that YOU can't see."
    That's just great. I'm going to write that down.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (28th August 2017), gaiagirl (30th October 2017), Nasu (24th August 2017), Whiskey_Mystic (25th August 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

I have had sessions with 5 different psychics who were right on the spot. The detailes of mine and my fathers and mothers life could not be read in my silence and face since the medium asked me to just say no if it didnt ring the bell.

I don't have the energy to tell what these mediums have said but they are really trustworthy. This doesn't mean there aren't hoaxers out there, I met one many yeras ago so I can tell the difference.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Ewan (24th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th August 2017), gaiagirl (30th October 2017), Nasu (24th August 2017), Rich (24th August 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I was exposed to psychic people only in the last few years in my life so far. (I am 48 years old) I sort of knew there were unusual phenomena when I was growing up, but always associated them with horror movies or something evil. There have been occasional odd coincidences in my life, sometimes even something that seemed very much like telekinetic activity when I was particularly under a great deal of stress. The first person I may have met that demonstrated psi ability might be Preston Nichols, former lead scientist of the Montauk Project. He told me he can do things such as remote viewing but never talks about it. He has indirectly demonstrated telekinetic abilities to me. Also, I've recently had an interesting private reading from psychic detective Noreen Renier, who used to work with the FBI. I also met this older couple who said they had been long-time abductees of grey aliens, who they claimed helped them develop psi abilities and reach a state of being called enlightenment.

The husband of the older couple said many of these hoaxers were once people with genuine abilities, but then they lost those abilities but were addicted to the fame power and money that comes with it, so they pretended that they still had abilities, so continue to receive these rewards. The consistent problem of proving psi is that it almost has never been a repeatable phenomenon, demonstrable-on-demand, manifesting at will; something that happens usually rarely and seemingly randomly without apparent explanation.

As to the reality of psi, I'm leaning toward believing in it, because even though I haven't seen it outright demonstrated in front of my eyes with the cameras rolling (to verify my own witness), I have personally experienced unusual things myself. Also, reading books by / articles / videos about people like Ingo Swann supports the idea that he was a real living individual with genuine abilities, and that psi is universally present in everybody to some degree.

People who are under the burden of having to prove others about the reality of psi have a more difficult task to achieve than people who merely want to convince themselves by personal experiences or witness. I've read that people who aren't ready to accept such possibility will not be convinced no matter how much evidence is presented to them.

Ingo Swann points out that when we're talking about psi abilities, we're talking about power, which is something that can cause both solutions and problems [depending on how it is used].

The older couple especially the wife, is very philosophical / religious, and said it's better not to focus on power but on enlightenment (peace / truth) instead, because power is temporary. She said you naturally will experience various [psi] abilities on your path to enlightenment (a/k/a self-realization), but not to get too focused on power because enlightenment is the only way out of suffering (i.e. pursuit of power is a trap). The way she seems to describe enlightenment is this awareness that develops, that nothing in reality is outside of, or separate from, oneself, that reality is INSIDE oneself, and that all things are made of mind / consciousness. We create our own reality and our own suffering. There is no duality / separation. That no matter how seemingly horrible the circumstances one is in, one can change one's perspective so that nothing is intolerable. Those who we label as "enemies" are just projections of ourselves. You see what you expect to see, so by changing your expectations, you change your view of reality, and thus change reality itself. Sounds rather new-agey, or Hindu/Buddhist, yes?

The above idea is what I find more unbelievable than the existence of psi. This is what I wonder whether it's real or not. But what I've read about psi and enlightenment seems to point in this direction. It's certainly contrary to the conventional idea that reality exists independently of the self, the world is dangerous, and that one needs to constantly determine whether others are friends or foes, to survive.
    Last edited by ortizrealstonegroundcorn; 29th August 2017 at 19:47.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ortizrealstonegroundcorn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th August 2017), Ewan (6th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th August 2017), gaiagirl (30th October 2017), Nasu (28th August 2017), Reinhard (31st August 2017), Rich (31st August 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 times in 1,157 posts

I am a believer that all people are psychic. Just like any other profession there are some more gifted than others and techniques that improve the craft. Just as there are Good mechanics, bad mechanics and shady ones too. I listened to your show and feel you have several misconceptions about psychics only reading people. Some of us save lives. Some of us cure diseases. Some of us make fortunes. Some of us read for presidents (they go to astrologers too). Or know the ones who are changing the world.
    Also just FYI. Humans have as many hairs as the great apes do. We are not hairless, our hair is finer is all. Since you mention that in your conversation, which I also thought it was a bit crude at times too. Just my opinion.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (31st August 2017), gaiagirl (30th October 2017), JRS (31st August 2017), Rich (31st August 2017), Wind (2nd September 2017)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

I have come to understand, from what I have learned here on Avalon, that each of us is a multidimensional being possessing many skills of which we are unaware due to the "dumbing down" of humans that has been occurring here on Earth for so many centuries. Apparently, our Controllers have not wanted us to know this.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bob (31st August 2017), Callista (2nd September 2017), gaiagirl (30th October 2017), Matthew (22nd September 2017)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Seems you use " I don't like " a whole lot. You seem troubled and negative and that's my intuitive opinion . You can rain on your parade but you can't rain on my parade!
    Last edited by Desire; 1st September 2017 at 17:21.

20. Link to Post #31
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,554 times in 3,482 posts

Trying to believe psychics aren't real would be like trying to believe Earth is flat, however, I do have an issue with the attitude of some psychics and a lot of 'non psychics' towards psychics, Tobias Lars explains it perfectly in the following video (10:23) -

I'd add to that that some psychics, experiencers, intuitives etc. share the same view as Lars and that it's an error to assume all psychics etc. think it's something special, exciting because it's an indication of expanding awareness for many, but it's a natural state, not anything special. Important because if we can get past that assumption then the more genuine psychics etc. could discuss it more freely without the concern that they'll be perceived as thinking they are special or more advanced (way off), but more importantly humanity can have its eyes opened to the true nature of its senses and the greater reality we dwell in.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd September 2017), Callista (2nd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th September 2017), gaiagirl (30th October 2017), ortizrealstonegroundcorn (6th September 2017), Reinhard (2nd September 2017), Wind (2nd September 2017)

22. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Russell Targ is a physicist who spent several decades working in a US government program exploring "remote viewing" - an apparently anomalous extended characteristic of the mind. Targ is convinced the effect is real. This talk was originally slated as part of a TEDx event in Hollywood in 2013, but the organization pulled their support of the event when they learned about the subjects.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2017), Bruno (22nd September 2017), Callista (2nd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th September 2017), Nasu (2nd September 2017), ortizrealstonegroundcorn (6th September 2017), Sequoia (2nd September 2017)

24. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,002 times in 243 posts

Dang it, I was editing and hit the wrong button and deleted my previous comment. And it was funny. Sorry.

I listened to Rich's post and didn't find anything in it that 'explains' his position with any different impression than he left in his post. Obviously he's primarily talking about professional Screw Age types who are making money off readings. On THAT point, I have long agreed that there is a credibility issue with that. It's my personal position -- doesn't have to be anyone else's -- that once a person with measurable abilities starts taking money for its use, it will be affected in a negative manner. I also think these 'carnival swamis' are running a racket -- HOWEVER, Richie needs to qualify his labels. Not trying to be an ahole BUT, listening to him, I'm not sure he's the guy upon whose judgment I'm going to decide what I think/believe about anything beyond hot dog mustard.
    Last edited by WalterBosley; 6th September 2017 at 18:03.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WalterBosley For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2017), Bruno (22nd September 2017), findingneo (20th September 2017), Nasu (6th September 2017), Rich (6th September 2017), Shadowself (6th September 2017)

26. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by ortizrealstonegroundcorn (here)
    The older couple especially the wife, is very philosophical / religious, and said it's better not to focus on power but on enlightenment (peace / truth) instead, because power is temporary. She said you naturally will experience various [psi] abilities on your path to enlightenment (a/k/a self-realization), but not to get too focused on power because enlightenment is the only way out of suffering (i.e. pursuit of power is a trap). The way she seems to describe enlightenment is this awareness that develops, that nothing in reality is outside of, or separate from, oneself, that reality is INSIDE oneself, and that all things are made of mind / consciousness. We create our own reality and our own suffering. There is no duality / separation. That no matter how seemingly horrible the circumstances one is in, one can change one's perspective so that nothing is intolerable. Those who we label as "enemies" are just projections of ourselves. You see what you expect to see, so by changing your expectations, you change your view of reality, and thus change reality itself. Sounds rather new-agey, or Hindu/Buddhist, yes?

The above idea is what I find more unbelievable than the existence of psi. This is what I wonder whether it's real or not. But what I've read about psi and enlightenment seems to point in this direction. It's certainly contrary to the conventional idea that reality exists independently of the self, the world is dangerous, and that one needs to constantly determine whether others are friends or foes, to survive.
    Thanks for that interesting post ortiz,
    here is what ACIM says about psychic abilities:

Are "Psychic" Powers Desirable?

The answer to this question is much like the preceding one. There are, of course, no "unnatural" powers, and it is obviously merely an appeal to magic to make up a power that does not exist. It is equally obvious, however, that each individual has many abilities of which he is unaware. As his awareness increases, he may well develop abilities that seem quite startling to him. Yet nothing he can do can compare even in the slightest with the glorious surprise of remembering Who he is. Let all his learning and all his efforts be directed toward this one great final surprise, and he will not be content to be delayed by the little ones that may come to him on the way.

Certainly there are many "psychic" powers that are clearly in line with this course. Communication is not limited to the small range of channels the world recognizes. If it were, there would be little point in trying to teach salvation. It would be impossible to do so. The limits the world places on communication are the chief barriers to direct experience of the Holy Spirit, Whose Presence is always there and Whose Voice is available but for the hearing. These limits are placed out of fear, for without them the walls that surround all the separate places of the world would fall at the holy sound of His Voice. Who transcends these limits in any way is merely becoming more natural. He is doing nothing special, and there is no magic in his accomplishments.

The seemingly new abilities that may be gathered on the way can be very
    helpful. Given to the Holy Spirit, and used under His direction, they are valuable teaching aids. To this, the question of how they arise is irrelevant. The only important consideration is how they are used. Taking them as ends in themselves, no matter how this is done, will delay progress. Nor does their value lie in proving anything; achievements from the past, unusual attunement with the "unseen," or "special" favors from God. God gives no special favors, and no one has any powers that are not available to everyone. Only by tricks of magic are special powers "demonstrated."

Nothing that is genuine is used to deceive. The Holy Spirit is incapable of deception, and He can use only genuine abilities. What is used for magic is useless to Him. But what He uses cannot be used for magic. There is, however, a particular appeal in unusual abilities that can be curiously tempting. Here are strengths which the Holy Spirit wants and needs. Yet the ego sees in these same strengths an opportunity to glorify itself. Strengths turned to weakness are tragedy indeed. Yet what is not given to the Holy Spirit must be given to weakness, for what is withheld from love is given to fear, and will be fearful in consequence.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2017)

28. Link to Post #35
    New Zealand Avalon Member HaveBlue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 times in 346 posts

Quote: I have been in this field with over 180,000 hours of sky watching and thousands of hours ghost hunting and over 900 shows

OP claims to have spent 180,000 hours skywatching. (that's rich, pun intended) An 8 hour working day gives about 2000 hours per year. Basically OP has spent 24 hours per day for 30 years.
    Add the ghost hunting and the 900 radio shows and we have a very old soul here.

I could do with some advice on time management from this gentleman.

I do agree with him about taking money. Psychic-ness is spontaneous, not on tap per se. What to do when you 'aren't getting anything' but fear of the mailman putting bills/letters from the bank in your letterbox?

Consuming food or beverages, or vomiting them back up again will not change that 'gut feeling' to do with psychic matters. But don't ask how I know this!

If I am wrong it is because it happened on another timeline.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HaveBlue For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2017), Hym (23rd September 2017), Rich (23rd September 2017)

30. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Back in the 1970s there was a unique woman in our office. Most avoided her, saying unkind things about her; that she was some kind of kook. Well, being a contrarian, I became her friend over time. She was different for sure, but in a very likeable way. As we came to know each other better she began to share her life experiences. She kind of mothered me, me being 24 and her around 55. Stories were shared about her ability to know things in advance and to see things in her mind. Several times she asked me about events in my past, with detail, that she had no way of knowing. Ultimately she was vindicated in the eyes of the office when she helped the police find and apprehend a serial rapist in town. She "saw" where he took his latest victim and told police that they could find tire tracks. Spot on!

She always audited a Psychic Phenomenon class at the local college. I watched her take a mans ring and tell him the story of his best friend being killed in battle (WWII); that the friend asked the man to take the ring to remember him by. He died in the mans arms. The fellow in class who owned the ring cried and cried, reliving the awful situation. The lady was the real deal.

Re: the Lynn McTaggard reference above. She has a brilliant new book, The Power of Eight.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

avid (27th October 2017), Bill Ryan (27th October 2017), findingneo (29th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th October 2017), Nasu (27th October 2017), Rich (27th October 2017), Wind (28th October 2017)

32. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

From my past perspective from the "religious" slant...anyone who had extraordinary powers was to be avoided because it was all "of the Devil"! Talk about total Mind Control!! That's what "religion" does for you! I remember a friend from the '90'swho could actually "see" certain things that were going to happen to her acquaintances, but instead of using this gift to help others, she asked "God" to take away this ability! Her prayer was answered!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2