+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A remarkable HUGE person - brought on "fight or flight" instinct.

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,224 times in 2,093 posts

Default A remarkable HUGE person - brought on "fight or flight" instinct.

I will describe this event as best I can. I am looking for feedback; anyone experience something like this? Heard of something/someone like this?

I was in Nevada and I was walking through a residential neighbourhood. A weekday, mid day and the road was a fairly main road with a large school down the block - usually always someone jogging, walking and a couple cars going by. But not this time. I approached the road from a park sidewalk and was intending to walk across the street and as I stepped a few steps onto the road I saw the largest person I have ever seen - He was walking on the sidewalk on the other side of the road. I don't know why I did not notice him as I approached the road - it was as if he got there quick as he was moving so fast as his stride was huge. He had to be between 8 - 10 feet tall. When I saw him my body and mind immediately went into the "fight or flight" sensation, and as I felt it I realized this is something that I had never felt before. I crouched down and quickly backed up back onto the curb - I crouched down as if to hide but there was nothing to hide behind. I was scared - naturally, like a rabbit hoping not to be seen by the wolf that it just stumbled into. (I have been in scary moments, but nothing that felt like this.) He was gone as quickly as he appeared. I wouldn't say he disappeared, I think his stride was just so large he was gone very quickly. Also, I don't recall that he looked at me - I think I would have clearly remembered that!

He was big in every way. He was like perfectly built - proportions perfect, amazing large muscles but not overly big like steroids produce. It was hard for me to look at him because of the way it made me feel. I could not describe his face cause I could not look directly at him due to how I felt. I do know that he did not have a beard nor dark hair - hair was short and either light brown or blonde. He was just way too big. His clothes were spandex or something - not colourful nor did I see any type of logos. But again I was almost afraid to look at him, but I instinctively had to keep an eye on him out of the corner of my eye.

I have been around big people. I have stood and talked amongst WWE wrestlers. I have stood on the floor at a basketball game along side of NBA players. No one had I ever seen was like this one.

It was such an odd experience because of the "fight or flight" instinct that came over me. Also due to the fact at how big he was along with there not being anyone else around a place where there usually is - it was very odd and I can't shake the feeling that it was more than 'just' a tall person. He was not big like a picture of a giant (with big torso and large head) he had a small waist - it was like a marvel comic book character perfectly proportioned but super unnaturally large.

As I could not let go of the memory of this event, I have not slept a wink all night. I would appreciate it if anyone would share any info about this or a similar event they may have experienced or heard of.

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

anandacate (26th August 2017), avid (25th August 2017), Bill Ryan (25th August 2017), CurEus (25th August 2017), DNA (26th August 2017), Ewan (25th August 2017), Fellow Aspirant (25th August 2017), findingneo (25th August 2017), genevieve (25th August 2017), happyuk (25th August 2017), Mercedes (25th August 2017), mgray (25th August 2017), Noelle (25th August 2017), pabranno (26th August 2017), Rawhide68 (25th August 2017), shadowstalker (25th August 2017), Shannon (26th August 2017), sijohn (25th August 2017), Spiral (26th August 2017), Spirithorse (25th August 2017), Star Tsar (25th August 2017), toppy (25th August 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 times in 784 posts

Default Re: A remarkable HUGE person - brought on "fight or flight" instinct.

Everything in our ancient history suggests we have been VERY deeply programmed to be extremely wary around giants. Be they the "gods" of old or their 1/2 human abomination children that like to eat us I tend to think your instincts served you well.

There are accounts of the "tall Nordic whites" who are huge but they don't invoke primal fear. Some basketball players reach nearly 8ft and are fascinating to be around, they cause interest but not terror.

Your instincts may have over ridden your conscious perception. It is possible that whatever you came across was innocuous but your surprise gave way to panic as a defense mechanism.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

avid (25th August 2017), Fellow Aspirant (25th August 2017), Mercedes (25th August 2017), Noelle (25th August 2017), Patient (25th August 2017), Shannon (26th August 2017), toppy (25th August 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

Reminds me of another thread a week or so back. A foreign chap was talking about seeing a large (but not as large as your chap) man, who was perfectly proportioned and I think had blonde hair. The description of the way this man was dressed reminded me of the Blade movie. All tailored, fitted black leather kind of stuff. The guy who saw this man felt he was not of this world either. Wondering if you tapped into something or if you had a glimpse of something maybe invisible to our dimension. No cars and no birds? I wonder if you are the one who visited another dimension for a few moments?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

DNA (26th August 2017), Mercedes (25th August 2017), Noelle (25th August 2017), pabranno (26th August 2017), Patient (25th August 2017), toppy (25th August 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 times in 1,632 posts

Quote Posted by findingneo (here)
    Reminds me of another thread a week or so back. A foreign chap was talking about seeing a large (but not as large as your chap) man, who was perfectly proportioned and I think had blonde hair. The description of the way this man was dressed reminded me of the Blade movie. All tailored, fitted black leather kind of stuff. The guy who saw this man felt he was not of this world either. Wondering if you tapped into something or if you had a glimpse of something maybe invisible to our dimension. No cars and no birds? I wonder if you are the one who visited another dimension for a few moments?
    Yes, that was EFO's experience. I was thinking the same thing.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

DNA (26th August 2017), findingneo (26th August 2017), Mercedes (25th August 2017), pabranno (26th August 2017), Patient (25th August 2017), toppy (25th August 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,537 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    He had to be between 8 - 10 feet tall.
    That might be taller that Robert Wadlow, the official record holder at 8' 11".

If the scene is anchored in your mind (I expect it would be!), maybe you could return to where you saw him and measure where he was, e.g. against features of a building he was walking by: doors, windows, etc. That'd be interesting.

Was anyone else turning and looking at him? You'd expect that to happen.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (25th August 2017), Desire (27th August 2017), Fellow Aspirant (25th August 2017), findingneo (26th August 2017), Mercedes (25th August 2017), Noelle (25th August 2017), Patient (25th August 2017), Spiral (26th August 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    He had to be between 8 - 10 feet tall.
    That might be taller that Robert Wadlow, the official record holder at 8' 11".

If the scene is anchored in your mind (I expect it would be!), maybe you could return to where you saw him and measure where he was, e.g. against features of a building he was walking by: doors, windows, etc. That'd be interesting.

Was anyone else turning and looking at him? You'd expect that to happen.
    I would guess maybe about the height of his shoulder (if I was as tall as the girl in the dark dress - I am 6' tall myself) - but hard to compare them as the person I saw was perfectly proportioned. And part of the thing that helped to make the experience more odd, there was no one around. Usually always would see someone jogging, walking with kids or walking their dog.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

avid (25th August 2017), DNA (26th August 2017), Mercedes (25th August 2017), Noelle (25th August 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by findingneo (here)
    You might be onto something
    I was intending to add "no birds" but didn't (even thought I don't recall there being any.) And I thought about it as I proof -read it before posting. I must have intended it fairly hard!
    Or were you there too? (just kidding)

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

DNA (26th August 2017), Fellow Aspirant (25th August 2017), findingneo (26th August 2017), Mercedes (25th August 2017), Noelle (25th August 2017), pabranno (26th August 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

As I was laying there last night without being able to put it out of my mind, the thought "that it was a test" came strongly into my thoughts. As if I was the one being tested.

Anyway, lately many of my "out of the norm" experiences are coming back to the front of my mind and dominating my thoughts. Nothing that I do not remember - at least not yet. Perhaps something is bubbling under the surface? Anyone had this occur to them?

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

DNA (26th August 2017), fourty-two (25th August 2017), Noelle (25th August 2017), pabranno (26th August 2017), Spiral (26th August 2017), william r sanford72 (26th August 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

That usually ends with an epiphany with me Patient. Be patient.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

DNA (26th August 2017), Noelle (26th August 2017), pabranno (26th August 2017), Patient (26th August 2017), Spiral (26th August 2017)

+ Reply to Thread