+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 7 17 20 LastLast

Thread: Hurricanes: Harvey... Irma... José... Maria... Ophelia...

1. Link to Post #121
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 times in 1,632 posts

Default Re: Hurricanes: Harvey... Irma... José... Maria... Ophelia...

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Mike & LadyM....you both will be in our thoughts & prayers! Keep us updated!

Wind...Thanks for the excellent video!
    Thanks, Foxie Loxie. Though prepared as we'll ever be, still mentally trying to push the storm further east.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Callista (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th September 2017), Kristin (8th September 2017), Mike (7th September 2017), Nasu (7th September 2017), RunningDeer (7th September 2017), Sunny (7th September 2017)

3. Link to Post #122
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,639 times in 8,116 posts

Compared to this time yesterday, Irma looks bigger and Jose looks smaller.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Callista (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th September 2017), Kristin (8th September 2017), Nasu (8th September 2017), Noelle (7th September 2017), RunningDeer (7th September 2017), TargeT (8th September 2017)

5. Link to Post #123
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

Quote Posted by LadyM (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Glad to hear youre alright Target. Madeira, keep hanging in there. Im hoping with everything i have that youll be okay.

I'm in central Florida. The thought of heading north and maybe hooking a left into Alabama has crossed my mind. But getting gas is already a challenge. It's hit or miss wherever you go, and it's only going to get worse(a friend of mine in Georgia told me that there are closed gas stations as far north as where he's at). I'm not sure how far I'd get, particularly if its bumper to bumper traffic. I could wind up stranded on the side of the road and even more vulnerable than where i'm at now. As of right now, I've got plenty of food n water, and the plan is to ride it out and hope for the best. Wish me luck guys
    We're staying put too, Mike. What part of Central Florida are you in, east or west? We're a few miles north of Cape Canaveral.
    Hi LadyM

I think I'm an hour or so west from you. I'm in Lake Mary.

Most people I've talked to are doing same, unless at some time it's suggested we evacuate.

I've only been here 6 months or so. I came down from N.Y. I'm not sure what the normal course of action is in these scenarios.

I lived in St Pete Beach in my early 20's. At one point we were ordered to evacuate the island (or maybe it was just strongly suggested, I can't quite recall). I'm always the last one to find out about this stuff. By the time I realized the gravity of the situation there, the roads were jammed with traffic. So I decided to stay. It wasn't bravery, it was apathy. I got a case of beer and waited it out on my couch. There was only a mild storm, nothing disastrous. Afterwards I walked out onto the beach and joined 2 old scraggly looking fishermen who were smoking a joint. Not much was said. We just stood there, looking out at the sea...me with my beer, and them with their joint. It felt like we were the last 3 people on earth. Such an odd feeling i cant quite describe.
    Last edited by Mike; 7th September 2017 at 21:45.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Callista (9th September 2017), Carmody (7th September 2017), fourty-two (8th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (7th September 2017), Kristin (8th September 2017), Nasu (7th September 2017), Noelle (7th September 2017), RunningDeer (7th September 2017), seko (9th September 2017), Sunny (7th September 2017), TargeT (8th September 2017), Wind (7th September 2017)

7. Link to Post #124
    Thanks

Glad to hear youre alright Target. Madeira, keep hanging in there. Im hoping with everything i have that youll be okay.

I'm in central Florida. The thought of heading north and maybe hooking a left into Alabama has crossed my mind. But getting gas is already a challenge. It's hit or miss wherever you go, and it's only going to get worse(a friend of mine in Georgia told me that there are closed gas stations as far north as where he's at). I'm not sure how far I'd get, particularly if its bumper to bumper traffic. I could wind up stranded on the side of the road and even more vulnerable than where i'm at now. As of right now, I've got plenty of food n water, and the plan is to ride it out and hope for the best. Wish me luck guys
    We're staying put too, Mike. What part of Central Florida are you in, east or west? We're a few miles north of Cape Canaveral.
    Hi LadyM

I think I'm an hour or so west from you. I'm in Lake Mary.

Most people I've talked to are doing same, unless at some time it's suggested we evacuate.

I've only been here 6 months or so. I came down from N.Y. I'm not sure what the normal course of action is in these scenarios.

I lived in St Pete Beach in my early 20's. At one point we were ordered to evacuate the island (or maybe it was just strongly suggested, I can't quite recall). I'm always the last one to find out about this stuff. By the time I realized the gravity of the situation there, the roads were jammed with traffic. So I decided to stay. It wasn't bravery, it was apathy. I got a case of beer and waited it out on my couch. There was only a mild storm, nothing disastrous. Afterwards I walked out onto the beach and joined 2 old scraggly looking fishermen who were smoking a joint. Not much was said. We just stood there, looking out at the sea...me with my beer, and them with their joint. It felt like we were the last 3 people on earth. Such an odd feeling i cant quite describe.
    Great story. Maybe the energy and pressure of these systems have a spiritual effect. Or it could have just been the relief of being spared.

The only storm we evacuated for was Floyd, a Cat 5. Yes, the evacuation routes are always jammed and it takes hours to get somewhere. I remember with Andrew how people decided to ride out the storm, and even had hurricane parties. They were very sorry they did that, those that survived, I mean. But that area is definitely more prone to the worst than where you are. You should be ok.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Callista (9th September 2017), fourty-two (8th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (7th September 2017), Kristin (8th September 2017), Mike (7th September 2017), Nasu (7th September 2017), RunningDeer (7th September 2017), Sunny (7th September 2017)

9. Link to Post #125
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,315 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Afterwards I walked out onto the beach and joined 2 old scraggly looking fishermen who were smoking a joint. Not much was said. We just stood there, looking out at the sea...me with my beer, and them with their joint. It felt like we were the last 3 people on earth. Such an odd feeling i cant quite describe.
    The weirdness is the silence. The utter complete silence. Even the subsonic rumble is missing, the omnipresent subsonic rumble...is gone. The silence of the open field or deep woods, far from anyone or any motion of any kind. Just the wind..and a great big utterly silent city. Silence and cities are complete strangers to one another.

https://youtu.be/IE6ypamkYGk?t=7m50s
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Callista (9th September 2017), fourty-two (8th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (7th September 2017), Kristin (8th September 2017), Mike (7th September 2017), Nasu (7th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017), seko (9th September 2017), thunder24 (8th September 2017), Wind (7th September 2017)

11. Link to Post #126
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Thanks, Foxie Loxie. Though prepared as we'll ever be, still mentally trying to push the storm further east.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Callista (9th September 2017), Fellow Aspirant (8th September 2017), fourty-two (8th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (7th September 2017), Kristin (8th September 2017), Mike (7th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (9th September 2017), seko (9th September 2017)

13. Link to Post #127
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

You are TOO funny, Paula!! Such amazing things you do with the computer!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Callista (9th September 2017), fourty-two (8th September 2017), Kristin (8th September 2017), Mike (7th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017), RunningDeer (7th September 2017)

15. Link to Post #128
    Thanks

You are TOO funny, Paula!! Such amazing things you do with the computer!
    LOL I second that. Great visual Paula!

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Callista (9th September 2017), fourty-two (8th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th September 2017), Kristin (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017), RunningDeer (8th September 2017), Sequoia (8th September 2017)

17. Link to Post #129
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Quote Afterwards I walked out onto the beach and joined 2 old scraggly looking fishermen who were smoking a joint. Not much was said. We just stood there, looking out at the sea...me with my beer, and them with their joint. It felt like we were the last 3 people on earth. Such an odd feeling i cant quite describe.
    The weirdness is the silence. The utter complete silence. Even the subsonic rumble is missing, the omnipresent subsonic rumble...is gone. The silence of the open field or deep woods, far from anyone or any motion of any kind. Just the wind..and a great big utterly silent city. Silence and cities are complete strangers to one another.

https://youtu.be/IE6ypamkYGk?t=7m50s

Yep, well said. It was like we were occupying the silence within the silence, if that makes any sense.

I half expected God to open up an invisible door to join us. It quite literally felt like another dimension.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Callista (9th September 2017), Carmody (8th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th September 2017), Kristin (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017), RunningDeer (8th September 2017), seko (9th September 2017), TargeT (8th September 2017)

19. Link to Post #130
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)

Good visualization tool. Thank you.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Callista (9th September 2017), fourty-two (8th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th September 2017), Kristin (8th September 2017), Mike (8th September 2017), RunningDeer (8th September 2017)

21. Link to Post #131
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,579 times in 1,001 posts

By the looks of your avatar, I'd say that you've only changed your disaster response views by one moon orbit. A good place to be.
    Unfortunately for those Floridians who are still within the state, this is storm is shaping up to be a monstrous killer.

Be safe, my Florida friends!

B.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 8th September 2017 at 00:21. Reason: fixed quote formatting
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

avid (8th September 2017), Callista (9th September 2017), fourty-two (8th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th September 2017), Franny (8th September 2017), Kristin (8th September 2017), Mike (8th September 2017), Nasu (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017), RunningDeer (8th September 2017)

23. Link to Post #132
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 times in 1,747 posts

latest estimation

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

Callista (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th September 2017), Kristin (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017), RunningDeer (8th September 2017)

25. Link to Post #133
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

I have friends in the Orlando area who are going to "ride it out".....we'll see!

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Callista (9th September 2017), Kristin (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017), RunningDeer (8th September 2017)

27. Link to Post #134
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

It dropping to a Cat 1 will be very helpful, but hitting as a cat 4 is still pretty bad.

It's trending a bit more west than before... looks like a direct hit.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

avid (9th September 2017), Bob (8th September 2017), Callista (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th September 2017), Hervé (8th September 2017), Kristin (8th September 2017), NancyV (21st September 2017), Nasu (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017), RunningDeer (8th September 2017), seko (9th September 2017), uzn (9th September 2017)

29. Link to Post #135
    Argentina Avalon Member Hazelfern's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 times in 348 posts

Quote Posted by Alpha141 (here)
    Hi everyone,

Here is a vid (first of 3 or more) on the greater purpose of these types of events.

Enjoy
    This podcast makes perfect sense; ‘karmic resolution’ I think that’s the nutshell of it. I just wanted to give it a bump to see if anyone here has listened and has more to share. Thank you!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hazelfern For This Post:

Callista (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th September 2017), Kristin (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017)

31. Link to Post #136
    Thanks

A hurricane or other natural disaster resolves a karmic debt incurred by our ancient ancestors -- it does not sound fair to me. Consciousness having an effect on the weather, now that's something that I can consider.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th September 2017), Callista (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th September 2017), Hervé (8th September 2017), RunningDeer (9th September 2017)

33. Link to Post #137
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,165 posts

I agree with Bartzis on some things, but I stopped watching when he brought in the karma reasoning for all this. Weather warfare is being played out to weaponise natural events and at some point we have to look at the truth of it.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Callista For This Post:

avid (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th September 2017), Noelle (9th September 2017), RunningDeer (9th September 2017)

35. Link to Post #138
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    The three storms remind me of the Orion's Belt stars.
    Similar to 7 years ago:
    K I J named storms in both, in the same order. A synchronicity?

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

avid (9th September 2017), Callista (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th September 2017), Nasu (9th September 2017), RunningDeer (9th September 2017)

37. Link to Post #139
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,079 times in 3,095 posts

Looks like Jose is already a cat 4!

https://www.wunderground.com/hurrica...prclt=0Q335p9r

Viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

avid (9th September 2017), Callista (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th September 2017), Noelle (9th September 2017), RunningDeer (9th September 2017), starlight (9th September 2017), Sunny (10th September 2017)

39. Link to Post #140
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

K I J named storms in both, in the same order. A synchronicity?
    Every year they start with "A".

For example:
    2017 Tropical Storm Names & 2017 Hurricane Names
    Arlene, Bret, Cindy, Don, Emily, Franklin, Gert, Harvey, Irma, Jose, Katia, Lee, Maria, Nate, Ophelia, Philippe, Rina, Sean, Tammy, Vince, Whitney

HOW ARE HURRICANES NAMED?

• Native Americans called these storms Hurakons, after “a great spirit who commanded the east wind.” Spanish explorers adopted the word and then began giving hurricanes the names of patron saints on whose feast days the storms occurred. Later, hurricanes were identified by their longitude and latitude.
    • A weatherman in Australia is credited with being the first person to name a tropical storm after a female. By World War II, meteorologists in the U.S. military named storms after their girlfriends and wives. The first storm in the Atlantic Ocean named for a man was Hurricane Bob!
    • Hurricanes’ names are selected by the World Meteorological Organization. Every six years, the list of names begins again! However, the names of especially destructive hurricanes are usually retired. See the “retired” tropical storm and hurricane names.

The World Meteorological Organization, which is in charge of assigning names to hurricanes and tropical storms, has six lists that they cycle through. (In other words, you'll see 2014's list again in 2020.) They've been using this system since 1953.

The WMO looks for short, distinctive names when choosing new ones for their lists. A new one must be chosen if a name is "retired" -- that is, if a storm is so destructive or deadly that it would be insensitive to continue to use the name.

"A" names
    Arlene (2017)
    Alberto (2018)
    Andrea (2019)
    Arthur (2020)
    Ana (2021)
    Alex (2022)

"B" names
    Bret (2017)
    Beryl (2018)
    Barry (2019)
    Bertha (2020)
    Bill (2021)
    Bonnie(2022)

"C" names
    Cindy (2017)
    Chris (2018)
    Chantal (2019)
    Cristobal (2020)
    Claudette (2021)
    Colin (2022)

"D" names
    Don (2017)
    Debby (2018)
    Dorian (2019)
    Dolly (2020)
    Danny (2021)
    Danielle(2022)

"E" names
    Emily (2017)
    Ernesto (2018)
    Erin (2019)
    Edouard (2020)
    Elsa (2021)
    Earl(2022)

[complete article and list of names]
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 9th September 2017 at 09:20.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (9th September 2017), Callista (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th September 2017), Noelle (9th September 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 7 17 20 LastLast