+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Somewhere In Time: the book by Richard Matheson, then a movie

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,002 times in 243 posts

Default Somewhere In Time: the book by Richard Matheson, then a movie

I have said before that I was told, in the mid-90s, that there is. I was not told exactly what the process is, but my research has pointed to something similar to what Richard Matheson depicted in his novel that was adapted into the film Somewhere in Time. The subject interests me, but I'm not about to lay claims like the 'whistleblowers' do.

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    O.K....back to serious discussion! Most of us reading here already know that serious UFO discussion is being hijacked to take the focus OFF true intellectual endeavors. My remaining question is this, IS there a type of time travel which none of us really know about? Some claim they have been to Mars & back & that when they return they have to take a pill of some kind so they don't get sick.

We know who the "pretenders" are; I'm not talking about them. I think of Bob Dean & if he is to be believed, experienced this himself when he was taken one night from his bedroom. He kept track of how many days he was gone(two weeks, I think) & when he was returned to his bedroom, only 15 minutes had gone by! I tend to believe him. What about Henry Deacon's testimony? Perhaps TPTB don't want us to take all this seriously so that is why the Blue Avian thing was introduced to make the whole thing look ridiculous?

The question is, what are they trying to hide that they have to cause such an uproar & cause division among those who are TRYING to get at the truth of this entire situation?

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to WalterBosley For This Post:

Callista (27th August 2017), Chester (26th August 2017), Constance (16th December 2018), Debra (27th August 2017), Ernie Nemeth (26th August 2017), findingneo (3rd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (27th August 2017), gaiagirl (6th September 2017), Hazelfern (27th August 2017), Jean-Marie (26th August 2017), Joe from the Carolinas (27th August 2017), Kristin (26th August 2017), marique3652 (28th August 2017), mojo (31st August 2017), Nasu (27th August 2017), Noelle (27th August 2017), pabranno (26th August 2017), Rich (31st August 2017), Shannon (26th August 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,523 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: Somewhere In Time: the book by Richard Matheson, then a movie

Quote Posted by WalterBosley (here)
    I have said before that I was told, in the mid-90s, that there is. I was not told exactly what the process is, but my research has pointed to something similar to what Richard Matheson depicted in his novel that was adapted into the film Somewhere in Time. The subject interests me, but I'm not about to lay claims like the 'whistleblowers' do.
    Book here:
    Movie here (downloadable for 7 days, till 3 Sept 2017) (697 Mb)
    (If anyone wants to discuss this, please start a new thread. )
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th August 2017 at 17:57. Reason: fix link

4. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

anandacate (27th August 2017), avid (27th August 2017), BMJ (27th August 2017), Bob (27th August 2017), Callista (28th August 2017), Chester (27th August 2017), Constance (16th December 2018), Debra (10th September 2017), findingneo (3rd September 2017), fourty-two (27th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (27th August 2017), gaiagirl (27th August 2017), Jake (27th August 2017), Jean-Marie (27th August 2017), Kristin (27th August 2017), mojo (31st August 2017), Noelle (27th August 2017), Reinhard (31st August 2017), shadowstalker (27th August 2017), Shannon (27th August 2017), Star Tsar (27th August 2017), uzn (28th August 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

— please.

Not smart to counter (or add to!) extreme unsubstiantable claims with other extreme unsubstantiable claims.

This is not the thread to promote the assertions and speculations of Chris Thomas... there's one for that already.

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (27th August 2017), Billy (28th August 2017), Callista (28th August 2017), Chester (27th August 2017), Constance (16th December 2018), Debra (10th September 2017), DNA (10th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th August 2017), Joe from the Carolinas (28th August 2017), Kristin (27th August 2017), Nasu (27th August 2017), Noelle (28th August 2017), Sequoia (27th August 2017), Shannon (27th August 2017), uzn (28th August 2017), WalterBosley (27th August 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

Funny, Somewhere in Time is considered open for discussion... obviously - a fictional story...

I'm reminded of something that Ingo Swann has written in his book Penetration... it is with regards to what he has called 'phase-locking'...
    Thus, there is some pungent and meaningful kind of hidden story here. But whatever it is, it clearly begins with the fact that Earth-side science, philosophy, religion, sociology and psychology DO NOT sponsor research into what can collectively be called Psi – while those same noble institutions are rather noted for condemning it. The modern Space Age facilities need not bother with the existence of extraterrestrial minds because those same facilities insist that nothing of the kind exists – near Earth, anyway.

Most surprisingly, one might think that Ufologists would consider mental processes of extraterrestrials, since they are so energetically involved with extraterrestrial equipment and technology. None of the above will touch the topic of Psi with a ten-foot pole, and all of the above protest any feasible, positive necessity for acting any other way – although some psychologists studying abduction phenomena have begun to notice the telepathic factor.

At least two observations can be made relevant to the above.
    • First, one might consider that the Earth-side retreat from Psi is something akin to protesting too much.
    • Second, if I were an ET with highly developed Psi skills (and which might have led in the first place to the evolution of superior technology), I wouldn’t particularly want Earth-siders to develop Psi faculties. And if telepathy was an element in, say, consciousness universal, I’d soon figure out how to telepathically impregnate Earth-side human consciousness with intellectual phase-locking that was detrimental to positive telepathic plus development.
    The reason might be very obvious. After all, what ET would want Earth-side telepaths penetrating Space-side affairs, especially, perhaps on the Moon so near to them?

Thus, in this, at least, Space-siders and Earth-siders might have something in common – the Telepathy War, won hands down so far by the Space-siders.

Penetration, Chapter 23: TELEPATHY – THE PREEMINENT PENETRATION MODALITY

One may wonder just WHY(?) Chris Thomas was targeted by the NSA and injected with a poison to give him liver cancer???

...Just has me wondering....
    Last edited by turiya; 4th September 2017 at 14:27.

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

"Funny, Somewhere in Time is considered open for discussion... obviously - a fictional story..."

I do believe I was making a point that the author put something non-fictional into his story. That was the implication.
    Last edited by WalterBosley; 28th August 2017 at 04:01.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to WalterBosley For This Post:

Chester (28th August 2017), Constance (16th December 2018), findingneo (4th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th August 2017), Harley (28th August 2017), Joe from the Carolinas (28th August 2017), Noelle (28th August 2017), Shadowself (28th August 2017), turiya (28th August 2017)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

Quote Posted by WalterBosley (here)
    "Funny, Somewhere in Time is considered open for discussion... obviously - a fictional story..."

I do believe I was making a point that the author put something non-fictional into his story. That was the implication.
    It will be next on my list of things to read... thank you.

11. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...ewhere_In_Time

Like What Dreams May Come, which inspired the movie starring Robin Williams, Somewhere in Time is the powerful story of a love that transcends time and space, written by one of the Grand Masters of modern fantasy.

Matheson's classic novel tells the moving, romantic story of a modern man whose love for a woman he has never met draws him back in time to a luxury hotel in San Diego in 1896, where he finds his soul mate in the form of a celebrated actress of the previous century. Somewhere in Time won the World Fantasy Award for Best Novel, and the 1979 movie version, starring Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour, remains a cult classic whose fans continue to hold yearly conventions to this day.
    I have not read this or seen the movie but I do wonder what may have been a "non-fictional" element. Did the actress actually exist back in the late 1,800s?

So I am a bit slow, but I get the idea (I think) that even taking something "true" from the past and then incorporating it into a fantastical story (staring oneself) is not a new thing, and so for Corey to have done this... could easily have been inspired by Somewhere in Time or what is likely other examples along these lines.
    Last edited by Chester; 28th August 2017 at 14:00.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Callista (31st August 2017), Debra (10th September 2017), DNA (10th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th August 2017), Noelle (28th August 2017)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Matheson based Elise McKenna on Maude Adams...b.1872-d.1953

And that's just the start. The analysis I have is fairly extensive but is a private correspondence from a close associate, author Sesh Heri. I have inquired of R.C. Matheson whether his father said anything about the basic theme discovered by Heri in the senior Matheson's novel (and the film), but he wasn't aware of it. Neither did he shoot it down.

Quote Posted by Sammy (here)
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...ewhere_In_Time

Like What Dreams May Come, which inspired the movie starring Robin Williams, Somewhere in Time is the powerful story of a love that transcends time and space, written by one of the Grand Masters of modern fantasy.

Matheson's classic novel tells the moving, romantic story of a modern man whose love for a woman he has never met draws him back in time to a luxury hotel in San Diego in 1896, where he finds his soul mate in the form of a celebrated actress of the previous century. Somewhere in Time won the World Fantasy Award for Best Novel, and the 1979 movie version, starring Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour, remains a cult classic whose fans continue to hold yearly conventions to this day.
    I have not read this or seen the movie but I do wonder what may have been a "non-fictional" element. Did the actress actually exist back in the late 1,800s?

So I am a bit slow, but I get the idea (I think) that even taking something "true" from the past and then incorporating it into a fantastical story (staring oneself) is not a new thing, and so for Corey to have done this... could easily have been inspired by Somewhere in Time or what is likely other examples along these lines.
    Last edited by WalterBosley; 30th August 2017 at 18:54.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to WalterBosley For This Post:

avid (30th August 2017), Bill Ryan (30th August 2017), Callista (31st August 2017), Constance (16th December 2018), Debra (10th September 2017), findingneo (4th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th August 2017), gaiagirl (6th September 2017), Noelle (30th August 2017)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

An interesting bulletpoint from the Wikipedia page about the film. (This is not a spoiler!)
    • In the film, Reeve's character consults with a Dr. Finney, a time travel theorist. This is a deliberate nod to author Jack Finney, whose novel Time and Again, published five years before the book on which this film is based, features an almost identical theory on the mechanics of time travel.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 31st August 2017 at 00:03.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Constance (16th December 2018), DNA (10th September 2017), findingneo (3rd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (31st August 2017), gaiagirl (6th September 2017), Noelle (31st August 2017)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Yes, indeed...
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    An interesting bulletpoint from the Wikipedia page about the film. (This is not a spoiler!)
    • In the film, Reeve's character consults with a Dr. Finney, a time travel theorist. This is a deliberate nod to author Jack Finney, whose novel Time and Again, published five years before the book on which this film is based, features an almost identical theory on the mechanics of time travel.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WalterBosley For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st August 2017), Constance (16th December 2018), DNA (10th September 2017), findingneo (3rd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (31st August 2017), Noelle (31st August 2017)

19. Link to Post #11
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

I suppose there are different definitions of time travel.Different types. Past Life Regression is one kind. I was inspired to learn how to facilitate Past Life Regression after watching the movie, "Dead Again" with Emma Thompson. By coincidence, much later, Emma bought a holiday house down the road from where my house was. I crossed paths a number of times.

PLR has never been this dramatic in my experience, and never has involved another living person in this context (I am talking about the movie, Dead Again) but the movie was fun. It gets across the idea of past lives in a sensationalzed way.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVt2h_UMnr0

PLR seems to work like magic, because it is such a simple method and it is difficult to see how it can work, but it does. It is restricted to a persons own experiences, but it is the persons own soul in the drivers seat, once the connection is made between the waking self and that part of you that does not normally communicate with the everyday self, but observes and records all that that soul experiences. It is connected to that universal google we all have access to but are generally unaware of or/and don't know how to use. It is very useful in making sense of current issues and questions and dealing with them. If you can manage to deal with the lesson to be learned from that past life, while you are re experiencing relevant snippets of that past life during the regression, it can have an immediate effect on the current life. Sometimes, if significant events pop up in a past life, such as involvement in a war, you can cross reference it with events in that war that can be looked up.

PLR sheds light on the system of reincarnation, sometimes small hints of the mechanisms of it, and other things that are not tangible.

I managed to download the movie you talk about and watch it. I have not heard of that before. I have just heard of Dr Bruce Goldberg talking about 5th dimensional time travel, future life progression, and I have heard about Quantum Jumping to go have a look on an alternate timeline. All of that does not involve the physical body like your movie though, moving through time.

Thanks.
    Last edited by findingneo; 4th September 2017 at 23:27.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

DNA (10th September 2017), fourty-two (6th September 2017), gaiagirl (6th September 2017)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th September 2017 at 15:21. Reason: embedded the video

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WalterBosley For This Post:

anandacate (10th September 2017), Bill Ryan (6th September 2017), Callista (8th September 2017), Constance (16th December 2018), Debra (10th September 2017), DNA (10th September 2017), findingneo (6th September 2017), Shadowself (8th September 2017)

23. Link to Post #13
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Sounds very interesting WB. Maybe you will crack how to do that again and more easily with some practice, in this lifetime, and start something new.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

DNA (10th September 2017)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Oh, I can do it again. I get results every time. The experiment can be, and has been, repeated.

Quote Posted by findingneo (here)
    Sounds very interesting WB. Maybe you will crack how to do that again and more easily with some practice, in this lifetime, and start something new.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WalterBosley For This Post:

Constance (13th December 2018), DNA (10th September 2017)

27. Link to Post #15
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Well, that sounds amazing. Hope you are going to write about it sometime. Do you think your RV skills helped you to discover that at all? Your discovery could have profound impacts on future generations. Not sure how yet, but I am sure it would. Past Life Regression has many paths for exploration, but what you are doing is very much an unknown I would think. What have you extrapolated from the experiences so far WB? Do you think those that see you, see you as a 3 dimensional physical being, or as sensitive might see a "ghost"? Or have you not been able to ascertain that yet? And do you always go to the same place, same time, same girl who sees you, or are there different scenarios and do you see other people and they see you? Have you ever spoken to them and received a reply? Are you going back to a time in that exact place you are physically at, like in "The Time Machine"? I feel like I am participating in some important part of future history, just talking to you about this. How absolutely fascinating. Thank you WB. Looking forward to hearing more, if you ok to share more.
    Last edited by findingneo; 9th September 2017 at 12:01.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

Debra (10th September 2017), DNA (10th September 2017)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

I don't know how grand what I'm doing is but it has certainly been interesting, to say the least. I will not likely write about it as these are mere accounts without any material evidence or recorded data to back them up. I shared it in the report to demonstrate merely what I have done where time as a phenomenon and dimension are concerned, for two reasons: to show that I'm not some skeptic a-hole throwing BS flags on others in their own forum, and to demonstrate a way in which others can pursue research in a more accessible manner. It only requires honesty with yourself. If nothing happens, that is perfectly OK. Try something else. The idea is to isolate your focus and see what you get.

I do think RV is part of the equation, and that means a naturally occurring skill level as well as a protocol approach. The man who trained me became very frustrated with me about six months into it because I began to focus mostly on the first four steps and not the remaining eight. In fact, I came to the realization that only the first four steps he taught me were the useful ones and the rest was superfluous. He said 'You must follow the protocol!' We kind of didn't communicate for a couple of months over this, lol. Then he calls me and says that the guy who he learned it from contacted him and commented, 'Oh by the way, I've decided that anything after the fourth step is really unnecessary...'. That said, I have since, this year in fact, become personally acquainted with one of the original Army Stargate guys (not Dames) and I'm learning new stuff, as I am seriously trying to get back into regular use of the protocol method.

There has been more to my experiences with this research, but I have come to embrace the 'admonition of Isis' i.e. that when she lifts her veil to reveal her true nature, the true nature of reality, etc, 'Tell no one'. I've come to understand why, and it serves the research. I have considered putting all this into a book which I'll have my son publish after I'm dead. So it'll still be some years before that happens, lol.

Well, that sounds amazing. Hope you are going to write about it sometime. Do you think your RV skills helped you to discover that at all? Your discovery could have profound impacts on future generations. Not sure how yet, but I am sure it would. Past Life Regression has many paths for exploration, but what you are doing is very much an unknown I would think. What have you extrapolated from the experiences so far WB? Do you think those that see you, see you as a 3 dimensional physical being, or as sensitive might see a "ghost"? Or have you not been able to ascertain that yet? And do you always go to the same place, same time, same girl who sees you, or are there different scenarios and do you see other people and they see you? Have you ever spoken to them and received a reply? Are you going back to a time in that exact place you are physically at, like in "The Time Machine"? I feel like I am participating in some important part of future history, just talking to you about this. How absolutely fascinating. Thank you WB. Looking forward to hearing more, if you ok to share more.
    Last edited by WalterBosley; 9th September 2017 at 18:14. Reason: Punctuation, etc

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WalterBosley For This Post:

Constance (16th December 2018), Debra (10th September 2017), DNA (10th September 2017), findingneo (10th September 2017)

31. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 times in 4,313 posts

Now this is indeed interesting.
    I was a very young child when I saw the movie for the first and only time in my life.
    But it has stayed with me since I first viewed it as an 8 year old.
    The entire movie hinges on a sort of self hypnosis technique Christopher Reeves learns from Dr. Finney.
    In a way it sort of reminds me of how Edgar Cayce would put himself in a trance in order to transcend time and space in order to heal people of whom he had never met.
    For me the movie's time travel method hinges on the ability to successfully hypnotize one self into mentally/psychicly placing yourself in another era of time with no technological contrivance what so ever.
    Pretty cool....

Just for the record I've never known who Jack Finney was, or that the movie had a basis in someone's actual research.
    Very cool stuff and it is now making sense why this movie made such an impression on me and has stuck with me all these years.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Debra (10th September 2017), findingneo (10th September 2017)

33. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Smell the Roses's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 times in 285 posts

Jack Finney's sequel to Time and Again was called From Time to Time. It contains what I consider a possible explanation of the Mandela Effect, based on two people time traveling to change the outcome of the Titanic voyage. In the book, some people remember JFK's second term, the Titanic docking in New York, etc. I alternate between surprise and frustration that we have made it to 2017, with the majority of people appearing to accept the status quo. I keep thinking that this isn't what I signed up for. Would John Lennon have Watched the Wheels for 37 more years?

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smell the Roses For This Post:

Debra (10th September 2017), DNA (10th September 2017), findingneo (10th September 2017)

35. Link to Post #19
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Well demonstrated WB.

Not grand WB, but significant over time. I think of the people in the past who shaped individuals in the younger, newer generations with just a few significant sentences that they have picked up on and that most never noticed as they passed over the yellowed pages in an old book in an attic, or something their father mentioned when they were a kid. They saw something in those words. Who would have thought, way back then? And research, yes, of course.

What springs to mind is that someone will remember their dad talking about an ex special agent talking about traveling through time where he could make contact, in some way with the past. Perhaps it will be especially significant in some future time when there are still those that have managed to so far resist being absorbed into the rise of the machines. Although I don't expect you will have looked at where your words are heard in the future, I imagine you have been there to look see. I imagine.

It is natural for the student to pass the teacher. To stay static is to be controlled. To explore is to evolve the spirit. Yes, a book after you have gone. Good idea. It is too advanced for right now anyway.
    Perhaps it can be used to see how it once was, when folk remembered what it was all about, before the machines. Maybe to warn, or maybe to choose escape. Of course you can't say what you do and don't know. maybe it is currently unanticipated. Sorry, imagination.

Army Stargate! Sounds interesting, new things you are learning. I suppose it could also get into the wrong hands, or be used to tangle things up, or you could just be stopped if you said. Maybe telling now would mean the wrong ones would use it. Or perhaps the right ones in the wrong way. I understand. Yep, don't need to know. So I take it there are two types of stargates, the portals around earth, and us? Maybe some of these things have already happened, in the future. Some things I say I imagine are of no relevance, off the mark and no part of reality and others you know the answer to already. Maybe.

You have made your point. Thank you. I will tell my daughter to look out for your possible book if she exists then, and if there is such a freedom to do so in the future.
    FN. x
    Last edited by findingneo; 10th September 2017 at 04:04.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

DNA (10th September 2017), Smell the Roses (11th September 2017)

37. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

My reference to 'Army Stargate' was a poor way to say the US Army remote viewing program that was called 'Grillflame' and some called it 'Stargate' etc. I wasn't meaning some program you haven't heard of. I was referring to the one started by Ingo Swann and Puthoff and on which Joe McMoneagle and others served. Just to clarify. My bad if my reference was misleading.

Believe me, if I were to have seriously extensive positive results, I'll stop talking about this stuff.

Well demonstrated WB.

Not grand WB, but significant over time. I think of the people in the past who shaped individuals in the younger, newer generations with just a few significant sentences that they have picked up on and that most never noticed as they passed over the yellowed pages in an old book in an attic, or something their father mentioned when they were a kid. They saw something in those words. Who would have thought, way back then? And research, yes, of course.

What springs to mind is that someone will remember their dad talking about an ex special agent talking about traveling through time where he could make contact, in some way with the past. Perhaps it will be especially significant in some future time when there are still those that have managed to so far resist being absorbed into the rise of the machines. Although I don't expect you will have looked at where your words are heard in the future, I imagine you have been there to look see. I imagine.

It is natural for the student to pass the teacher. To stay static is to be controlled. To explore is to evolve the spirit. Yes, a book after you have gone. Good idea. It is too advanced for right now anyway.
    Perhaps it can be used to see how it once was, when folk remembered what it was all about, before the machines. Maybe to warn, or maybe to choose escape. Of course you can't say what you do and don't know. maybe it is currently unanticipated. Sorry, imagination.

Army Stargate! Sounds interesting, new things you are learning. I suppose it could also get into the wrong hands, or be used to tangle things up, or you could just be stopped if you said. Maybe telling now would mean the wrong ones would use it. Or perhaps the right ones in the wrong way. I understand. Yep, don't need to know. So I take it there are two types of stargates, the portals around earth, and us? Maybe some of these things have already happened, in the future. Some things I say I imagine are of no relevance, off the mark and no part of reality and others you know the answer to already. Maybe.

You have made your point. Thank you. I will tell my daughter to look out for your possible book if she exists then, and if there is such a freedom to do so in the future.
    FN. x

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WalterBosley For This Post:

Constance (16th December 2018), DNA (10th September 2017), findingneo (10th September 2017), Smell the Roses (11th September 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast