+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Building a sacred place

1. Link to Post #1
    Slovenia Avalon Member BlueMoon's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Building a sacred place

Hello guys and girls!
    I'm interested in any kind of information regarding building a sacred place. Not like a small altar in your home, but large, sacred spaces. We had a lot of such places in Europe until they were destroyed/forgot/lost ... I am mostly talking about sacred places in Nature. Not like pyramids or Stonehenge though, something more simple, let's say. Oftentimes those places would be places with large boulders in forests.

What I know is, that our ancestors (speaking for my part of Europe, Slavic societies) believed each and every stone has its own energy. There would be many "sides" of energy, like a 12-section yin-yang, and many levels of energies. When the balance is reached, or unity (think of yin-yang again), the energy is said to be of "3rd level". I might explain all of this a bit further in another thread maybe, also depending if anyone is interested in this.
    I haven't delved into all this yet though, as the information is very! scarce. There are people who still believe in the "old religion" but they mostly remain in the shadows and do not talk about these things with strangers at all.

One type of stone that has the "energy of unity" is the conglomerate. Makes sense, a stone composed of many different kinds of stones should have a balanced energy, right?
    Our ancestors often used those stones in their sacred places. They also used large pebbles, gathered from (sacred) rivers, drilled 2 holes in them and put some filler inside the small holes. They called them the "snake heads".

A conglomerate

A snake head

So stones obviously played an important part in sacred places all over the world. I also know geometry was important, not just the alignment to true North. Trees played their roles as well, and I have composed a great list of trees that were considered sacred by whichever society in the world.

I don't know much about geometry though. I'm sure golden ratio plays its part.

If we want to help the Earth and its inhabitants to raise our frequencies, we should start building some sacred spaces for that purpose, don't you think?

I would be really glad to hear if anyone else has any insight into this matter, and any and all thoughts are appreciated. If there's anything you know about old religions or indigenous religions and their sacred places, please let us know

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to BlueMoon For This Post:

Alekahn2 (2nd September 2017), aoibhghaire (2nd September 2017), Arcturian108 (4th September 2017), Baby Steps (2nd September 2017), Bob (2nd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd September 2017), Iloveyou (3rd September 2017), Innocent Warrior (6th September 2017), Jayke (2nd September 2017), meat suit (4th September 2017), Michelle Marie (13th September 2017), Noelle (2nd September 2017), Star Tsar (2nd September 2017), Sunny (3rd September 2017), toppy (3rd September 2017), Wind (3rd September 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Default Re: Building a sacred place

Hello, I have many sacred places starting from I was a young boy. when I am feeling down or simply want some peace I will go into the bushes and find a sacred place. I do not look for a particular stone or anything though. just a place that feels good for me. most of these place lost their sacredness overtime. apparently I have brought enough energy to destroy the sacredness . But there was one that stands out though its quite difficult to get there. I have to tie a big rope on its branches to get up there cause the trunk is quite big

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (6th September 2017), Jayke (3rd September 2017), Michelle Marie (13th September 2017), Noelle (3rd September 2017), toppy (3rd September 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,315 times in 184 posts

Yes, there is a European shamanic tradition. I never realized that until I saw a documentary called "Nature Was My Teacher", about the work of Viktor Schauberger.

When I heard about Schaubeger's spinning water in vortexes, etc., it occurred to me that Rudolf Steiner's Biodynamic Farming, for instance, may have been based on an earlier tradition of knowledge.

I just did a 5 minute internet search on Schauberger, and I think that his work may not be specifically what you are looking for. He tried to apply natural principles to science and engineering. Although his theories about water are worth reading for their own sake.

It might be helpful, though, to study about dousing and ley lines. There is a lot of knowledge about this, and there are present-day practitioners, especially in England.

Or maybe Scandinavian tree worship, although it sounds like you may have done that.

Best wishes in your endeavor.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sunny For This Post:

BlueMoon (3rd September 2017), Innocent Warrior (6th September 2017), Jayke (3rd September 2017), Noelle (3rd September 2017), toppy (3rd September 2017), uzn (3rd September 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

The most sacred space you can create is the distance between you and another sentient being where you both unconditionally love one another.

Otherwise, in shamanism, we call in the 4 spirit animals of each Cardinal Direction (North-Hummingbird South-Serpent East-Condor, West-Jaguar, Ground-Pachamama, Sky-Grandmother Moon, Father Sun, Star Brother and Sisters). I use a ceremonial rattle to open and close sacred space.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DynasticHeir For This Post:

BlueMoon (4th September 2017), Daozen (3rd September 2017), Jayke (3rd September 2017), Noelle (3rd September 2017), toppy (3rd September 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny (here)
    Yes, there is a European shamanic tradition. I never realized that until I saw a documentary called "Nature Was My Teacher", about the work of Viktor Schauberger.

When I heard about Schaubeger's spinning water in vortexes, etc., it occurred to me that Rudolf Steiner's Biodynamic Farming, for instance, may have been based on an earlier tradition of knowledge.

I just did a 5 minute internet search on Schauberger, and I think that his work may not be specifically what you are looking for. He tried to apply natural principles to science and engineering. Although his theories about water are worth reading for their own sake.

It might be helpful, though, to study about dousing and ley lines. There is a lot of knowledge about this, and there are present-day practitioners, especially in England.

Or maybe Scandinavian tree worship, although it sounds like you may have done that.

Best wishes in your endeavor.
    Thank you, I will check the things you mentioned, I'm sure I'll learn a lot. I'll also check Scandinavian traditions further, though up until now what I got from this topic was all Yggdrasil and no "real" trees.

Quote Posted by DynasticHeir (here)
    The most sacred space you can create is the distance between you and another sentient being where you both unconditionally love one another.

Otherwise, in shamanism, we call in the 4 spirit animals of each Cardinal Direction (North-Hummingbird South-Serpent East-Condor, West-Jaguar, Ground-Pachamama, Sky-Grandmother Moon, Father Sun, Star Brother and Sisters). I use a ceremonial rattle to open and close sacred space.
    Thank you! Maybe you can help me further? I would like to build an open-space sacred place with lots of trees, with a quite big boulder in the middle. I was about to align the trees to the 4 cardinal directions. It will take some time to get all the trees (16 presumably), all different species. The place is on the slope of a mountain, pine forests are surrounding the place. Do you have any advice on how to go about this? Making a connection with the trees maybe? Setting intentions? Calling certain spirits?
    I know almost nothing about shamanism, so any input is greatly appreciated.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueMoon For This Post:

Jayke (3rd September 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Freddy silva is a great researcher for learning more about creating sacred spaces...he's been studying sacred sites for decades. Not sure if he teaches much about sacred sites based on trees, he's more into the stones but I'm sure some of the principles can be crossed over.

Stephen Skinner is another expert in the various geomancy traditions, I've not read his book on Feng Shui yet but based on the depths of knowledge of his other books, I trust it'll be a good place to uncover some timely wisdom...

Those snake head stones you mentioned look great, I can see how they derive from the 'old religions', the pre-deluvian Druidic/shamanic traditions...good to see the art is still active and has survived after so long.

Pine trees on sloped terrain? you must find a lot of Amanita Muscaria on those hills (the herb of immortality in the vedas)...the ambrosia society has some great info on how you can cultivate those mushrooms to create the elixir of the holy grail, the soma of the vedas, a great addition to any sacred ceremonies in the sacred space you're putting together (the ambrosia society teaches how to make it for medicinal benefits as oppose to hallucinogenic properties in case people were wondering) it works in a similar way to pure gum turpentine at neutralising any fungal/parasitic infections within body that cause disease. As he points out in the free ebook on his website, the pre-Celtic Beaker Bell people of Europe lived peacefully for 2,500 years while consuming ambrosia in their sacred chalice cups (the 'beaker' people are so-called because they're always found buried with their chalice cups and cauldrons). It's the culture where most of our western legends of 'the holy grail' seem to originate.

The free ebook can be downloaded at:

http://ambrosiasociety.org
    Last edited by Jayke; 3rd September 2017 at 11:28.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

BlueMoon (4th September 2017), Innocent Warrior (6th September 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Thank you Jayke, this is all wonderful information! I've heard about Freddy Silva before but never really "got to know him".

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    Pine trees on sloped terrain? you must find a lot of Amanita Muscaria on those hills
    As for Amanita muscaria, I haven't seen it around. A quick search on Slovenian Wikipedia tells me it mostly grows under spruces and birches, on acid soil. Our soil is on the alkaline side (where I live that is - most forests in Slovenia have acid soil, as far as I know), so that might be the reason.
    I know that it grows in Slovenia though and was used in the past. Very interesting though, I'll look around next time I'm there, maybe I'll find some. Who knows, maybe I become immortal some day ...

Edit: I read somewhere that pine trees (or rather their needles) do not make the soil that acidic. They help, but not a lot. Same with oak leaves.
    Last edited by BlueMoon; 4th September 2017 at 19:06.

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

aside from tress another thing that I suspect to contribute to a place being sacred (good energy) is underground water. you can find this by simple water witching method. Normally though sacred spaces can be felt by a sensitive person. Its better to find sacred places and improve on that based on what you have learned rather than creating one from scratch.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

BlueMoon (4th September 2017), Innocent Warrior (6th September 2017)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    aside from tress another thing that I suspect to contribute to a place being sacred (good energy) is underground water. you can find this by simple water witching method. Normally though sacred spaces can be felt by a sensitive person. Its better to find sacred places and improve on that based on what you have learned rather than creating one from scratch.
    Thank you for your post Bubu. Yes, I have heard of the importance of (underground) water. I think/feel that this particular place that I have in mind has been used in the past for some rituals. I could be completely wrong though, but there's something about the boulder and the Oaks, that hold the boulders in place, not letting them fall down the slope.
    The problem with finding sacred placed and making/building something there (improving on that, as you put it) is, that those places usually do not belong to me. Also, I'm not that rich yet so that I could just go around and buy large amounts of land. Maybe someday.
    Last edited by BlueMoon; 4th September 2017 at 19:07.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueMoon For This Post:

fourty-two (10th September 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

About stones: I went through a stage of collecting a stone for each of the planets, according to color and energy. I kept them on my person and wold take them out and energize them. Then one by one I scattered the stones back into nature, usually water, except for the pluto mstone, which I somehow just lost (kind of apropos for that planet).

The only stone I kept was my Mars stone. It was just too powerful to part with, but one day it too went missing.

Don't really know why I did that, I can only say it felt right at the time.

I still like searching for pebbles and stones whenever I can. They fascinate me.

I've been so long out of touch with nature that I fear ill will result. Thanks for the reminder. I will take a walk in the ravine next chance I get. But oh how I long to escape the city just for a few days. If only I could still afford to drive...

Another thing...have you ever seen that sparkle/shimmer that highlights a special place? I had one just outside my sunroom at my house - up in the trees. It always shown with a strange and vibrant light. It was so bizarre, yet seemed right - it was a special place.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

avid (6th September 2017), fourty-two (10th September 2017), Innocent Warrior (6th September 2017)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    About stones: I went through a stage of collecting a stone for each of the planets, according to color and energy. I kept them on my person and wold take them out and energize them. Then one by one I scattered the stones back into nature, usually water, except for the pluto mstone, which I somehow just lost (kind of apropos for that planet).

The only stone I kept was my Mars stone. It was just too powerful to part with, but one day it too went missing.

Don't really know why I did that, I can only say it felt right at the time.

I still like searching for pebbles and stones whenever I can. They fascinate me.

I've been so long out of touch with nature that I fear ill will result. Thanks for the reminder. I will take a walk in the ravine next chance I get. But oh how I long to escape the city just for a few days. If only I could still afford to drive...

Another thing...have you ever seen that sparkle/shimmer that highlights a special place? I had one just outside my sunroom at my house - up in the trees. It always shown with a strange and vibrant light. It was so bizarre, yet seemed right - it was a special place.
    I can totally understand - not understanding the things you do with stones, that is
    I too have been always attracted to stones, when I was younger I liked the shiny ones (different types of quartz, that's all we have here) and conglomerates - and I was really glad to hear that conglomerates have "some special energy to it" - I guess I knew it intuitively/felt it when I was smaller.
    I'm not sure I know what you mean by "shimmer", but ... Do you refer to the small "dots", usually seen when looking at the sky, appearing out of the blue (pun intended)? And disappearing shortly after, let's say after a second? I see them everywhere in nature if I decide to look for it, but there's places filled with those dots, and there's places with not so much dots.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueMoon For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (6th September 2017), fourty-two (10th September 2017), Innocent Warrior (6th September 2017)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

I have a stint in well drilling. The first step of course is to find water. We used a couple of bended metallic wire usually the GI wire we used for clothes line. bend it like "L" shape 18" X 6" approx. hold the shorter end balance in both palm, 10 inches apart, and pointing forward parallel to each other and walk just anywhere. If you meet an underground water the wires will cross each other. Do this again and again until you are able to trace the underground stream. Now walk along on top of that underground stream and feel where the energy is best. Almost all properties has underground stream.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

avid (6th September 2017), BlueMoon (8th September 2017), Ernie Nemeth (6th September 2017), Innocent Warrior (6th September 2017), wondering (11th September 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

I often forget I was at a different place back then. I was heavy into yoga. I was going to teacher's class, doing advanced poses and meditation techniques. I began to see the auras of the class participants. Then I began to feel the energy in certain environments. After that I began seeing the 'shine' of special places. I could really 'feel' the energy of certain stones.

But as life would have it I was lead to a place where yoga no longer fit with my lifestyle.

I don't see auras any more...

Bubu: dowsing is a strange art. In another thread we are talking about what is 'real' and what isn't. Dowsing would be considered a pseudo-science, although many use this method. It is a pseudo-science because there is no known mechanism that could be considered to be at work in dowsing. So dowsing is officially not 'real'.

And yet it does work - go figure...
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 6th September 2017 at 08:49.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

avid (6th September 2017), BlueMoon (8th September 2017), Bubu (6th September 2017)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

I often forget I was at a different place back then. I was heavy into yoga. I was going to teacher's class, doing advanced poses and meditation techniques. I began to see the auras of the class participants. Then I began to feel the energy in certain environments. After that I began seeing the 'shine' of special places. I could really 'feel' the energy of certain stones.

But as life would have it I was lead to a place where yoga no longer fit with my lifestyle.

Bubu: dowsing is a strange art. In another thread we are talking about what is 'real' and what isn't. Dowsing would be considered a pseudo-science, although many use this method. It is a pseudo-science because there is no known mechanism that could be considered to be at work in dowsing. So dowsing is officially not 'real'.

And yet it does work - go figure...
    Its easy "official science" is not real. haha

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

avid (6th September 2017), Ernie Nemeth (6th September 2017)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I have a stint in well drilling. The first step of course is to find water. We used a couple of bended metallic wire usually the GI wire we used for clothes line. bend it like "L" shape 18" X 6" approx. hold the shorter end balance in both palm, 10 inches apart, and pointing forward parallel to each other and walk just anywhere. If you meet an underground water the wires will cross each other. Do this again and again until you are able to trace the underground stream. Now walk along on top of that underground stream and feel where the energy is best. Almost all properties has underground stream.
    I think I know what you mean, I have seen this technique used for measuring the energetic field of a person. The wires go away from each other as you're approaching the person. They get electrified, and since they have the same charge they repel one another. How come the wires attract each other when near underground water?

I see, what kind of yoga did you practice? I do some yoga/stretching before I go to sleep but I never attended any class so my knowledge is very limited, and if you could point me to some useful information I'd be really happy
    Right now, for me yoga is only a set of physical exercises, and I don't see the connection with spirituality yet.

Also, I took some pictures of this soon-to-be sacred place, if it wasn't up until now. What do you think?

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Wow Bluemoon. That is a beautiful meadow. The view is amazing. And that big rock between the trees...can really feel the power even through these pics. I think you picked a good place with great potential.

I practiced hatha yoga. in the Sivananda style. Part of the work required me to try other forms of yoga - I tried kundalini, the breath of fire, the entwined snake - all the same type of yoga aimed at raising the latent coiled energy at the base of the spine. My teacher pushed me through some very vigorous and intense techniques that lead to a breakthrough, or maybe break away is a better way to describe it because I broke away from my former life. I left everything behind and began a life of service to others. In that capacity I had less and less time for yoga and I was often off balance from negative encounters and spirit work.

Now I do only a bit of meditation I call transit meditation that I do on subways and buses, since I don't drive a car. Yoga I only do now when I have a specific ailment. I match up the disease with a yoga routine and then do an hour or so of poses. Maybe once every three months...

Good luck with your sacred spot!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

BlueMoon (10th September 2017), wondering (11th September 2017)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Yes beautiful place. The rock and the trees are certainly a plus. Plant some flower on the meadows without clearing the whole meadows. just plant on them In fact I would suggest not to cut or remove anything if possible. colors are also healers.

I dont have explanation how or why it works. that the first time I tried, I could not believe it, that every person that come to my place I let walk with the wires and it never failed, every time everyone hit the place the wires crossed.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

BlueMoon (11th September 2017), Ernie Nemeth (10th September 2017)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Wow Bluemoon. That is a beautiful meadow. The view is amazing. And that big rock between the trees...can really feel the power even through these pics. I think you picked a good place with great potential.
    Thanks! It is quite beautiful but lots of work needs to be done
    I try to stretch every day before I go to sleep - it's the least I can do, you should do it too!
    You inspired me to learn more about yoga, like many times the problem is my lack of knowledge and the difficulty to find the people to teach me.

Yes beautiful place. The rock and the trees are certainly a plus. Plant some flower on the meadows without clearing the whole meadows. just plant on them In fact I would suggest not to cut or remove anything if possible. colors are also healers.
    I will plant some flowers, many flowers actually The meadow needs to be mowed though, to make some humus and give space to different plants next year, as the grass is very high currently.

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

I self taught myself yoga in 56 days using a book called Richard Hittleman's Yoga: 28 day exercise plan - I'm a little slow...

Eventually though, you have to go to classes to make sure you have all the moves correct. I did, better than the teacher herself. So good she got me up to the front of the class to demonstrate the poses. Soon I was filling in for her and then finally she gave me her class to teach myself.

Is that meadow your property? Or are you just taking an interest in a piece of nature?

35. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

I self taught myself yoga in 56 days using a book called Richard Hittleman's Yoga: 28 day exercise plan - I'm a little slow...

Eventually though, you have to go to classes to make sure you have all the moves correct. I did, better than the teacher herself. So good she got me up to the front of the class to demonstrate the poses. Soon I was filling in for her and then finally she gave me her class to teach myself.

Is that meadow your property? Or are you just taking an interest in a piece of nature?
    Thank you for the book that you mentioned! Never mind the time it took, it's admirable that you did it yourself (and you did it well ). We should learn by ourselves a lot more than we do.

I rented the meadow, signed a contract for 10 years which I can renew after that. It's a state property.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueMoon For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (12th September 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast