+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Building a sacred place

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,610 times in 5,381 posts

Default Re: Building a sacred place

I used to give out that book to family and friends. I've bought about six of them over the years.

Wish it was possible to rent land here. Imagine, we are the only animal on the planet that agrees to 'stay off the grass' and erects fences to keep nature out. We also agree to beginning life as a pauper, with no rights to roam free and create as the whim of the moment might inspire. Instead we agree to a mountain of indebtedness that we will take a lifetime servicing as we climb and climb and climb a slope that never stops growing ahead of us - forever in survival mode and bereft of a virtuous cause.

There is so much land and yet we all struggle to live atop one another by the millions.

Your plan is like a breath of fresh air!
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

2. Link to Post #22
    Slovenia Avalon Member BlueMoon's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, out western society is very detached from Nature, sadly. If I lived in Canada (or places where you can't rent land like I did), I would try to find lands which are not being used for any purpose, and then find the owner(s). I don't know how the situation in the rest of the world is, but where I live, there's lots of meadows and semi-forest areas (once those were all meadows, now overgrown by blackberries and fast growing trees like Robinia pseudoacacia. Quite a pain in the ass to remove all that unnecessary plants and start making something useful out of the place. But it can be done.
    You might find old people with lots of land, which they cannot care for. They might rent out the land. The options are there, we just have to find them!

3. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

Quote Posted by BlueMoon (here)
    Hello guys and girls!
    I'm interested in any kind of information regarding building a sacred place. Not like a small altar in your home, but large, sacred spaces. We had a lot of such places in Europe until they were destroyed/forgot/lost ... I am mostly talking about sacred places in Nature. Not like pyramids or Stonehenge though, something more simple, let's say. Oftentimes those places would be places with large boulders in forests.

I would be really glad to hear if anyone else has any insight into this matter, and any and all thoughts are appreciated. If there's anything you know about old religions or indigenous religions and their sacred places, please let us know

Inelia Benz talks about creating sacred space, elementals and connecting with Gaia.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

greybeard (30th July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2