Thread: Sibelius | Violin Concerto in D minor

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,630 times in 5,415 posts

Default Sibelius | Violin Concerto in D minor

The reason for me posting this is as straightforward as this: to listen. And I hope it moves you as much as it moves me. I think it may musically capture the spirit of the forum, at least to me, positively always. In the spirit of positive listening and immersion I share this.

2. The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

anandacate (5th September 2017), AndrejPeĉënkin (4th September 2017), avid (4th September 2017), Bill Ryan (4th September 2017), Bluegreen (5th September 2017), Callista (4th September 2017), ceetee9 (5th September 2017), celticwarrior (6th September 2017), Chester (4th September 2017), DeDukshyn (4th September 2017), dynamo (4th September 2017), Elen (4th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th September 2017), Franny (4th September 2017), Helene West (4th September 2017), Ivanhoe (4th September 2017), Jayke (4th September 2017), Kryztian (6th September 2017), lightwalker (4th September 2017), littleOne (4th September 2017), Matthew (4th September 2017), Mercedes (4th September 2017), Noelle (4th September 2017), Omi (5th September 2017), pabranno (4th September 2017), Phoenix1304 (7th September 2017), Satori (4th September 2017), seko (6th September 2017), Sequoia (5th September 2017), Shadowself (5th September 2017), StandingWave (4th September 2017), Star Tsar (4th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (4th September 2017), toppy (4th September 2017), Whiskey_Mystic (4th September 2017), WhiteFeather (5th September 2017), Zanshin (4th September 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Default Re: Sibelius | Violin Concerto in D minor

thank you Tintin. this inspired me to do something I had been thinking about - support the one classical radio station in my area.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Callista (5th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th September 2017), Franny (4th September 2017), Sequoia (5th September 2017), Tintin (4th September 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    thank you Tintin. this inspired me to do something I had been thinking about - support the one classical radio station in my area.
    Wow Helene, that's amazing I do have a very eclectic taste in music but felt motivated to share this lovely piece in a spirit of 'it's okayness'. and I adore it anyway. How lovely that you responded. Thank you.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Callista (5th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th September 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,165 posts

Lovely Piece, Tintin!!

I also share my favourite internet radio program: http://klassikradiobarock.radio.net

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Callista For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (5th September 2017), Tintin (5th September 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

A timely thread indeed. I've been collecting vinyl albums again in the past year or so since finding many albums that were left out in a neighbors garbage. It started a new hobby for me again. And just last week I decided to try out some classical vinyl pieces for the first time recently. Needless to say I have acquired over 50 classical albums on vinyl since, the albums are amazingly dirt cheap, and are addicting, if I may. It sure does bring some relaxation to ones spirit. Especially listening to these symphonys on vinyl with a good stereo. Most incredible....And I agree, it definitely moves you.

PS That video you posted is absolute bliss.
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; 5th September 2017 at 16:01.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Callista (5th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th September 2017), Tintin (5th September 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Whats incredible is i can actually listen to any one of these album over and over again, without becoming bored. And I have many symphonys to choose from...Such as Dvorak, Mozart, Brahms, Vivaldi, Tchaikovsky to name a few.... Total Blissfully music.
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; 5th September 2017 at 16:08.

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Callista (5th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th September 2017), Tintin (5th September 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Whats incredible is i can actually listen to any one of these album over and over again, without becoming bored. And I have many symphonys to choose from...Such as Dvorak, Mozart, Brahms, Vivaldi, Tchaikovsky to name a few.... Total Blissfully music.
    My pleasure and I am very glad you enjoyed the Sibelius Blissful indeed and congratulations on what sounds like a particularly marvellous music collection! Yes, something about the graininess of vinyl can't really be beaten can it....

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Callista (here)
    Lovely Piece, Tintin!!

I also share my favourite internet radio program: http://klassikradiobarock.radio.net
    Isn't it just Figured we could all do with a brief respite from some recent general awfulness and reflect a little, with a suitably gorgeous soundtrack. PS: I visited your website earlier - it looks most interesting. Will peruse further soon.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Callista (6th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd October 2017), WhiteFeather (6th September 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tintin Quarantino (here)
    My pleasure and I am very glad you enjoyed the Sibelius Blissful indeed and congratulations on what sounds like a particularly marvellous music collection! Yes, something about the graininess of vinyl can't really be beaten can it....

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Lovely Piece, Tintin!!

Isn't it just Figured we could all do with a brief respite from some recent general awfulness and reflect a little, with a suitably gorgeous soundtrack. PS: I visited your website earlier - it looks most interesting. Will peruse further soon.
    Vinyl Records..... And especially Classical symphonys... Its getting totally addicting. My family is looking at me like I got 3 heads. Lol.... I can sit for 8 hrs straight listening to this music. PS. Love ur Avatar. Vavooooom

Gwilda Wiyaka

Mourning Dove Salish

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Callista (7th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd October 2017), Tintin (6th September 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tintin Quarantino (here)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Lovely Piece, Tintin!!

Vinyl Records..... And especially Classical symphonys... Its getting totally addicting. My family is looking at me like I got 3 heads. Lol.... I can sit for 8 hrs straight listening to this music. PS. Love ur Avatar. Vavooooom
    Whitefeather: three heads are better than one, sometimes :-) Enjoy, and thank you. The Avatar is a Raymond Pettibon. Big fan, and it resonates for me

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (22nd October 2017)

+ Reply to Thread