+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Earthquake Swarms: Idaho (2017-09)

1. Link to Post #1
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Default Earthquake Swarms: Idaho (2017-09)

Idaho earthquake swarm just won’t stop

By Robert September 4, 2017

78 temblors. So far.
    “So far Monday there have been 14 earthquakes,” says the Idaho State Journal. “They were preceded by 31 on Sunday and 33 on Saturday night. All 78 of the quakes were reported by University of Utah Seismograph Stations.”

Orange areas show epicenters of earthquakes since Saturday night in Southeast Idaho. University of Utah Seismograph Stations image

The dozens of earthquakes that have occurred since Saturday night in Southeast Idaho are unprecedented, said Bannock County Sheriff Lorin Nielsen.

“I’ve never seen anything like this,” Nielsen said. “My wife asked if we should leave the house.”

Local authorities say they cannot ever remember any earthquake swarm in Southeast Idaho that comes even close to the current series of temblors shaking the region.

I don’t know if they’re connected or not, but when you look on a larger map, you’ll see that these earthquakes are occurring about 120 miles SSE of the Yellowstone supervolcano.

See more. Plus advice as to what to do during an earthquake:
    http://idahostatejournal.com/news/lo...52f81ffda.html
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Alekahn2 (6th September 2017), bennycog (5th September 2017), Bill Ryan (5th September 2017), Billy (5th September 2017), ceetee9 (6th September 2017), Daughter of Time (5th September 2017), enigma3 (5th September 2017), Fellow Aspirant (6th September 2017), fourty-two (6th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th September 2017), Harley (6th September 2017), Innocent Warrior (6th September 2017), justntime2learn (5th September 2017), Matt P (5th September 2017), Mercedes (6th September 2017), Noelle (5th September 2017), Omi (6th September 2017), Orph (6th September 2017), seko (7th September 2017), Star Tsar (5th September 2017), Stephanie (7th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (5th September 2017), TrumanCash (5th September 2017), uzn (6th September 2017), we-R-one (6th September 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

Default Re: Earthquake Swarms: Idaho (2017-09)

There have been 100 up until 10 hours ago.

"EARTHQUAKE SWARM CONTINUES TO SHAKE SOUTHEAST IDAHO: There have now been 100 earthquakes since Saturday night"

The orange, yellow and red areas show the epicenters of the 100 earthquakes that have occurred since Saturday night in Southeast Idaho.

University of Utah Seismograph Stations image:

"The strongest earthquake to hit the region in years as well as 99 smaller quakes occurred Saturday night to early Tuesday morning in Southeast Idaho, startling tens of thousands of residents.

Authorities said it does not appear that the quakes have caused any injuries to people or damage to structures (ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO IF AN EARTHQUAKE HITS YOUR TOWN IS AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE).

The quakes have been felt in Caribou County, where all 100 occurred, as well as in cities in northern Utah and throughout Southeast Idaho. It's unknown when the earthquake swarm will end. Earthquake swarms have been known to continue for weeks or even months.

In recent decades Southeast Idaho has seen infrequent instances in which one to three weak earthquakes occur near the Western Wyoming border. Local authorities say they cannot ever remember any earthquake swarm in Southeast Idaho that comes even close to the current series of temblors shaking the region.

There were four quakes early Tuesday morning, 28 throughout the day on Monday, 34 throughout the day on Sunday and 34 on Saturday night. All 100 of the quakes were reported by University of Utah Seismograph Stations.

Bannock County Sheriff Lorin Nielsen said he's been a law enforcement officer in Southeast Idaho for over 40 years and during that time there's never previously been so many earthquakes occurring in such a short time frame. He said at the most there have been up to three earthquakes that have occurred in short succession along the East Idaho-Western Wyoming border. The dozens of earthquakes that have occurred since Saturday night in Southeast Idaho are unprecedented, the sheriff said.

"I've never seen anything like this," Nielsen said. "My wife asked if we should leave the house."

The earthquakes occurred starting shortly before 6 p.m. Saturday. The second quake to strike was at 5:56 p.m. Saturday and it was the most powerful thus far. The quake was about 10 miles east of Soda Springs and registered at 5.3 on the Richter scale — strong enough to possibly damage buildings. It's been years since Southeast Idaho has experienced a quake of over 5.0 on the Richter scale.

The earthquakes have occurred at various distances east, southeast and northeast of Soda Springs, Caribou County's largest city. The farthest away were about 20 miles southeast and northeast of Soda Springs and the closest was about 1 mile east of the city.

The quakes have been felt as far away as Salt Lake City, Logan and Ogden in northern Utah and Malad, Basalt, Arimo, Pocatello, Chubbuck, American Falls, Fort Hall, Aberdeen, Blackfoot and Springfield in Southeast Idaho."

Link: http://idahostatejournal.com/news/lo...52f81ffda.html

"EARTHQUAKE SWARM NOW AT 100 TEMBLORS: Experts say worst-case scenario is swarm will end with destructive 7.0 quake"

Link: http://idahostatejournal.com/news/lo...a154ec6d0.html
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 5th September 2017 at 17:48.
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Alekahn2 (6th September 2017), bennycog (5th September 2017), enigma3 (5th September 2017), fourty-two (6th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th September 2017), Hervé (5th September 2017), Innocent Warrior (6th September 2017), Matt P (5th September 2017), Mercedes (6th September 2017), Molly4US (4th January 2018), Noelle (5th September 2017), seko (7th September 2017), Stephanie (7th September 2017), TrumanCash (5th September 2017), uzn (6th September 2017), we-R-one (6th September 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Hmm, a few days ago I so this article: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...just-one-catch

NASA Unveils Plan To Stop Yellowstone "Supervolcano" Eruption, There's Just One Catch it could actually cause it to blow causing a nuclear winter that could wipe out most or all of humanity.

Note; Then I remembered this article back in 2014

Brazil, Argentina and Australia sign contracts worth hundreds of billions of dollars to house displaced U.S. populace when Yellowstone supervolcano erupts

Contracts worth hundreds of billions of dollars presented to at least 4 countries will run from 2014-2024, a 10-year span, in which the Yellowstone supervolcano is expected to erupt, devastating a large portion of the U.S.

By Shepard Ambellas - April 10, 2014 https://www.intellihub.com/report-br...olcano-erupts/
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

Alekahn2 (6th September 2017), ceetee9 (6th September 2017), fourty-two (6th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th September 2017), genevieve (6th September 2017), Hervé (6th September 2017), justntime2learn (6th September 2017), Mercedes (6th September 2017), seko (7th September 2017), we-R-one (6th September 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,827 times in 1,436 posts

It sure is getting weird eh? We are smothered in heat and smoke from all the fires out west. Armageddon is alive and well....good thing I have lots of popcorn. I happened to catch someone locally talking about it on the radio this morning, it's how I found out. I wish I could have listened to the whole show. He recommend a site called Watchers. I think this is it: https://watchers.news/category/earth...volcano-watch/

I thought he said swarms of earthquakes are tied to heavy magma movement. FYI, volcanoes are also tied to the ley lines. If you have time for yet another rabbit hole, I strongly suggest reading Ley Lines of the U.K. and U.S.A by David Cowan with Anne C. Silk....very i.n.t.e.r.e.s.t.i.n.g.......
    Last edited by we-R-one; 6th September 2017 at 02:21.

8. Link to Post #5
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by Ba-ba-Ra (here)
    Hmm, a few days ago I so this article: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...just-one-catch

NASA Unveils Plan To Stop Yellowstone "Supervolcano" Eruption, There's Just One Catch it could actually cause it to blow causing a nuclear winter that could wipe out most or all of humanity.

Note; Then I remembered this article back in 2014

Brazil, Argentina and Australia sign contracts worth hundreds of billions of dollars to house displaced U.S. populace when Yellowstone supervolcano erupts

Contracts worth hundreds of billions of dollars presented to at least 4 countries will run from 2014-2024, a 10-year span, in which the Yellowstone supervolcano is expected to erupt, devastating a large portion of the U.S.

By Shepard Ambellas - April 10, 2014 https://www.intellihub.com/report-br...olcano-erupts/
    I have question. Was it NASA who declared before that yellow stone volcano is about to erupt? NASA has such a poor trust rating in my book. does "dutchsince" or any other who have a good refutation corroborate Yellowstone. Are they trying to stop it or are they trying to blow it up? I remember "reset" is already an option.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

fourty-two (6th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th September 2017), Mercedes (6th September 2017), we-R-one (6th September 2017)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 times in 1,632 posts

Today, I read an article on GeoEngineeringWatch.org. Titled "Obama’s October Surprise – Creating and Steering Hurricane Sandy," it talks about a connection between the technologies allegedly used to steer and intensify hurricanes and earthquakes. If Irma is being engineered or steered, could there be a link to the Idaho quakes?

From the article:

Coincidence or collateral damage? Is it just a coincidence that there has been a spike in earthquakes exactly at the same time as Hurricane Sandy is being steered to a major US city? You tell me. The HAARP SBX beams a huge amount of microwave energy into the atmosphere above and ahead of the Hurricane Sandy. To steer the hurricane the SBX has to heat the atmosphere in front of where the US government wants the hurricane to make landfall and cause extensive damage. When you beam any signal into the atmosphere a lot of that energy is deflected back to Earth by the ionosphere atmosphere.

If enough of that energy is deflected back to Earth it can and has caused collateral damage – in the form of earthquakes. The BC 7.7 magnitude earthquake and all of the quakes since are in direct line of fire with the SBX beaming that is steering Hurricane Sandy. The earthquakes all coincide with the steering (man made course corrections) of Hurricane Sandy.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

fourty-two (6th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th September 2017), justntime2learn (6th September 2017), we-R-one (6th September 2017)

12. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

There is strong evidence that these quakes are caused by fracking. Here's an excerpt from a recent Dutchsinse video that shows the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEaesa_fJ-M

The possibilities for awakening the Yellowstone beast are real.

B.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Here's the longer and most recent version of a Dutchsinse video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxl2a1yGTdc

Tragically, Trump's new head of the EPA is a fan of fracking:

Advocacy groups complain Pruitt ignored scientific reports that showed oil and gas drilling have caused an epidemic of earthquakes in Oklahoma so don't look for any federal regulations restricting the practice.

Like Dutch says, "It's not prudent to frack a supervolcano."

B.
    Last edited by Fellow Aspirant; 6th September 2017 at 03:01.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

ceetee9 (6th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th September 2017), ghostrider (7th September 2017), Hervé (6th September 2017), justntime2learn (6th September 2017), Mercedes (6th September 2017), Noelle (6th September 2017), seko (7th September 2017), we-R-one (6th September 2017)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

I wonder what will happen when the CME impacts tomorrow .?.?.?

EARTHQUAKE SWARM CONTINUES TO SHAKE SOUTHEAST IDAHO: There have now been 109 earthquakes since Saturday night

The orange and yellow areas show the epicenters of the 109 earthquakes that have occurred since Saturday night in Southeast Idaho.
    University of Utah Seismograph Stations image

The strongest earthquake to hit the region in years as well as 108 smaller quakes occurred Saturday night to Tuesday night in Southeast Idaho, startling tens of thousands of residents.

Authorities said it does not appear that the quakes have caused any injuries to people or damage to structures (ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO IF AN EARTHQUAKE HITS YOUR TOWN IS AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE).

The quakes have been felt in the Caribou County area, where all 109 occurred, as well as in cities in northern Utah and throughout Southeast Idaho. It's unknown when the earthquake swarm will end. Earthquake swarms have been known to continue for weeks or even months.

In recent decades Southeast Idaho has seen infrequent instances in which one to three weak earthquakes occur near the Western Wyoming border. Local authorities say they cannot ever remember any earthquake swarm in Southeast Idaho that comes even close to the current series of temblors shaking the region.

There were 13 quakes on Tuesday, 28 throughout the day on Monday, 34 throughout the day on Sunday and 34 on Saturday night. All 109 of the quakes were reported by University of Utah Seismograph Stations.

Bannock County Sheriff Lorin Nielsen said he's been a law enforcement officer in Southeast Idaho for over 40 years and during that time there's never previously been so many earthquakes occurring in such a short time frame. He said at the most there have been up to three earthquakes that have occurred in short succession along the East Idaho-Western Wyoming border. The dozens of earthquakes that have occurred since Saturday night in Southeast Idaho are unprecedented, the sheriff said.

"I've never seen anything like this," Nielsen said. "My wife asked if we should leave the house."

The earthquakes occurred starting shortly before 6 p.m. Saturday. The second quake to strike was at 5:56 p.m. Saturday and it was the most powerful thus far. The quake was about 10 miles east of Soda Springs and registered at magnitude 5.3 — strong enough to possibly damage buildings. It's been years since Southeast Idaho has experienced a quake of over magnitude 5.0.

The earthquakes have occurred at various distances east, southeast and northeast of Soda Springs, Caribou County's largest city. The farthest away were about 20 miles southeast and northeast of Soda Springs and the closest was about 1 mile east of the city.

The quakes have been felt as far away as Salt Lake City, Logan and Ogden in northern Utah and Malad, Basalt, Arimo, Pocatello, Chubbuck, American Falls, Fort Hall, Aberdeen, Blackfoot and Springfield in Southeast Idaho.

Link:http://idahostatejournal.com/news/lo...52f81ffda.html
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ __

NEWS SEP 5 2017, 5:06 PM ET
    Earthquake Swarm Continues to Rattle Idaho
    by ASSOCIATED PRESS

"BOISE, Idaho — More than 100 aftershocks have rattled southeastern Idaho since a 5.3 magnitude quake hit near the town of Soda Springs late last week, and experts say they could continue for another week or so.

The 5.3 quake hit was the second in the series, and it hit about 6 p.m. Saturday. There were no reports of injuries or damage, though officials say 17,000 people reported feeling the 5.3 quake from as far away as Salt Lake City, Utah.

Soda Springs resident JoAnna Ashley was in nearby Georgetown visiting her parents when the biggest earthquake hit. She grabbed onto the shaking refrigerator and watched as a bottle of tiki torch fuel perched on top wobbled toward the edge. Her kids, ages 5 and 8, grabbed onto Ashley during the shaking.

"They didn't scream, but were all, 'Momma, what's happening?' in that worried voice," Ashley said."

"The family spent the rest of the weekend camping, and they eventually started giggling whenever an aftershock would start rocking their camper.

"It kind of became commonplace. You'd be sitting there in the chairs, everyone talking, and all of a sudden you'd start to see the water shaking inside the bottle," she said.

By noon on Tuesday, more than 102 additional earthquakes had been recorded in the region by the U.S. Geological Survey, all at magnitudes of 4.5 or less.

They'll likely taper off by the end of next week, said John Bellini, a geophysicist with the U.S. Geological Survey in Golden, Colorado. "They can go on for days or weeks, and they'll get smaller in size and frequency," Bellini said.

Small magnitude earthquake swarms are common near the fault lines scattered throughout central and southeastern Idaho.

Related: Oil and Gas Industry Ensnarled in Spate of Oklahoma Earthquakes

"Do we expect a larger one? No, we don't," said Bellini, though he noted that forecasting earthquake risk can be difficult.

"You don't have earthquakes every day like in California — they're feel-able just a few times a year in Idaho," he said. "It's harder to make generalizations like that in areas that don't have as much seismicity. Idaho has had larger earthquakes in the past, but how often they repeat is not known."

Idaho's biggest earthquake, a 6.9 temblor, was recorded on Oct. 28, 1983. The small towns of Challis and Mackay rocked for about a minute as the Lost River Fault beneath Borah Peak (Idaho's tallest mountain) pushed upward and the Thousand Springs Valley dropped.

Two schoolchildren were killed in that quake when a brick storefront collapsed. Aftershocks continued for more than a year — one reaching a magnitude of 5.8 — and the mountains and neighboring valley shifted nearly 14 feet apart in some places.

Ashley has experienced other earthquake swarms in the region, but she said the current one feels unusual because of the magnitude and frequency of the temblors.

"This is unprecedented for everybody. But if they say a bigger one is unlikely, then I think we'll all be fine," Ashley said. "The only concern is that we'll get a big enough one to do damage — most of us here don't have earthquake insurance."

Link: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-idaho-n798946
    Last edited by Hervé; 6th September 2017 at 23:11. Reason: underlining a tectonic phenomenon - not fracking
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th September 2017), Fellow Aspirant (6th September 2017), fourty-two (6th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th September 2017), Hervé (6th September 2017), Mercedes (6th September 2017), seko (7th September 2017), we-R-one (6th September 2017)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

The number continues to rise ...

116 EARTHQUAKES SINCE SATURDAY NIGHT: Worst-case scenario is destructive 7.0 temblor but experts say that likely won't happen

"People should be prepared for the worst when it comes to the earthquake swarm that’s been shaking Southeast Idaho since Saturday evening.

But experts say chances are the worst won’t happen.

"Still, the most alarming scenario is that the earthquake swarm will end with a very destructive 7.0 magnitude earthquake capable of destroying buildings and killing people."

"The good news is that the experts say the chance of that happening is very low.

“While we can’t guarantee that there won’t be a larger quake in this area, the possibility is extremely low,” said Shannon Kobs Nawotniak, an Idaho State University geosciences assistant professor who studies earthquakes. “We live in a seismically active area, so everyone should always be up to date on their earthquake safety, just like they would for a fire drill. It is prudent to be prepared, even when the likelihood of the event is very low.”

There have been 116 earthquakes in Southeast Idaho since Saturday evening — all near the Caribou County city of Soda Springs. There were 20 quakes on Tuesday, 28 on Monday, 34 throughout the day on Sunday and 34 on Saturday night. All 116 of the quakes were reported by University of Utah Seismograph Stations.

If a destructive 7.0 magnitude earthquake did occur, it could happen in the Caribou County area near the epicenters of the 116 quakes or it could happen elsewhere in the region where faults also exist.

Dr. David Pearson, an Idaho State University geologist who studies earthquakes, said other locations where the 7.0 quake could happen include Fremont, Teton, Oneida, Franklin and Bear Lake counties, southeast Bannock County and eastern Bonneville County.

Pearson said the chance of the 7.0 quake occurring are very low but considering the current earthquake swarm that's shaking Southeast Idaho people should be prepared for it nonetheless.

“There is most likely not going to be a larger earthquake but there is the possibility of a larger one,” Pearson said. “I don’t want to say everything is fine here because there’s the possibility it won’t be.”

Caribou County emergency management officials said the county’s emergency responders have already been on a heightened state of alert because it is wildfire season. The earthquake swarm is presenting yet another reason for them to be ready to respond at a moment’s notice.

Caribou County emergency management officials have some degree of confidence they are prepared for a worst case scenario because they received earthquake disaster training two years ago from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

The earthquake swarm is also causing the county’s emergency responders to contemplate how they would handle a much larger earthquake so if a 7.0 temblor occurs they’ll be better prepared, emergency management officials said.

The U.S. Geological Survey said that 7.0 magnitude quakes will cause “considerable damage” to ordinary houses and buildings including “partial collapse.” Such temblors will also cause chimneys, factory smoke stacks and walls to collapse, according to the USGA.

Caribou County emergency management officials have checked on one building — North Gem High School in Bancroft — to make sure it’s safe. The school is over 100 years old and there were concerns from school officials that the earthquakes could have damaged it. But emergency management officials said the school has endured the quakes without any issues and is safe for students, teachers and school staff.

Earthquake swarms have been known to continue for weeks or even months. Caribou County emergency management officials said they believe the current swarm could continue for another two weeks.

If a big quake does occur, there are several Caribou County schools and churches that are designated to be shelters for anyone who’s displaced. Additional emergency resources would be called in from other Southeast Idaho counties, the state and possibly even the federal government to help Caribou County deal with casualties and the extensive damage that would be expected.

Although a 7.0 magnitude earthquake probably won’t happen, Pearson is advising Southeast Idahoans to make sure they secure all heavy objects in their houses to walls to keep them from falling. He also said it would be wise to remove anything heavy that’s above your bed so it can’t fall on you and cause injury.

But much more likely than the earthquake swarm ending with a very destructive earthquake, Pearson said, are much less catastrophic scenarios — that the most powerful quake occurred at the beginning of the swarm and it’s being followed by smaller quakes or that the swarm will end up being a series of similarly sized quakes.

Thus far the most powerful temblor in the swarm was the second quake to occur. It was a 5.3 magnitude earthquake and struck at 5:56 p.m. Saturday. Authorities say it’s been years since Southeast Idaho experienced a quake of 5.0 magnitude or greater. Such quakes can cause damage to houses and other buildings.

By comparison, a 7.0 magnitude quake would be at least 50 times bigger than Saturday evening’s 5.3 magnitude temblor.

Fortunately no damage to structures or injuries to people have been reported as a result of any of the 116 earthquakes that have struck Southeast Idaho since Saturday evening.

All of the quakes have occurred east, northeast and southeast of Soda Springs, Caribou County’s largest city with a population of about 3,000 people. The closest earthquake to Soda Springs occurred one mile east of the city, while the farthest were about 20 miles to the northeast and southeast. The 5.3 magnitude quake was about 10 miles to the east of the city.

Although a swarm of 116 quakes is very unusual for Southeast Idaho, Pearson said it’s definitely not unusual to have earthquakes near Soda Springs and along the East Idaho-Western Wyoming border because of the faults that run through that part of the region.

The big question is what’s going to happen next and Pearson said, “We don’t necessarily know.”

Pearson said he can dispel two rumors floating around. One is that the quakes were somehow caused by the test detonation of a hydrogen bomb by North Korea this past weekend. Secondly, Pearson said the earthquake swarm near Soda Springs does not mean there’s going to be a volcanic eruption at Yellowstone National Park.

“This has nothing to do with North Korea or Yellowstone,” Pearson said.

Pearson said there are a plethora of monitoring devices around Yellowstone that would indicate a volcano was going to occur and those monitoring devices are showing no such indications.

He also said that the chance of Southeast Idaho experiencing a destructive 7.0 magnitude earthquake is many times greater than the chance of Yellowstone experiencing a volcanic eruption.

Although experts believe a 7.0 magnitude quake is a definite possibility at some point in Southeast Idaho's future, Idaho itself has never experienced a quake that powerful. The strongest quake in state history was a 6.9 magnitude temblor that struck in 1983 between Mackay and Challis. That quake killed two children and damaged several buildings.

Caribou County authorities say county residents are handling all of the earthquakes about as well as can be expected. Authorities said there was some panic when the quakes started on Saturday evening. Since then people have calmed down, according to emergency management officials, possibly because none of the quakes have caused any injuries, damage or even power outages.

The biggest impact thus far in Caribou County is that the quakes have kept the county’s emergency dispatchers busy receiving calls from concerned citizens. But as of Monday evening the Caribou County Sheriff’s Office reported that the calls have tapered off even though the earthquakes haven’t.

The quakes have been felt as far away as Salt Lake City, Ogden and Logan in northern Utah and throughout Southeast Idaho, including Pocatello, Chubbuck, American Falls, Basalt, Malad, Aberdeen, Springfield, Fort Hall, Arimo and Blackfoot.

Pearson said if a 7.0 earthquake does strike, it will likely occur away from Southeast Idaho's most populated areas.

Much less damage will occur in Southeast Idaho’s biggest cities, such as Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Ammon, Chubbuck and Blackfoot, because they’re much farther away from the region's faults, Pearson said.

Pearson said that if a 7.0 magnitude earthquake did occur in Caribou County, it would be very devastating, even to the county’s economy because it could damage and/or destroy the mining facilities that are Caribou's largest employers.

“Such a quake could have a big economic trickle down,” he said."

Link:http://idahostatejournal.com/news/lo...a154ec6d0.html

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th September 2017), Hervé (6th September 2017), Mercedes (6th September 2017), Noelle (6th September 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)
    There is strong evidence that these quakes are caused by fracking. Here's an excerpt from a recent Dutchsinse video that shows the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEaesa_fJ-M

The possibilities for awakening the Yellowstone beast are real.

B.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Here's the longer and most recent version of a Dutchsinse video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxl2a1yGTdc

Tragically, Trump's new head of the EPA is a fan of fracking:

Advocacy groups complain Pruitt ignored scientific reports that showed oil and gas drilling have caused an epidemic of earthquakes in Oklahoma so don't look for any federal regulations restricting the practice.

Like Dutch says, "It's not prudent to frack a supervolcano."

B.
    The latest (according to you) durchsinse video you posted is dated Aug. 27, 2016. thats more than a year ago. Here is the latest that I found in regards to Yellowstone dated Sept. 4 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5cHqB6W-zM

And here is another interesting video back in July

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p1s7GwwDvo
    Last edited by Bubu; 6th September 2017 at 22:20.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Fellow Aspirant (7th September 2017), Hervé (6th September 2017), justntime2learn (7th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Dutchsinse was saying something about a massive coronal discharge that will cause activity in the volcano. But its not something like the end of the world or something along that line. you can listen to it. Am not very good at remembering English phrases.
    Its an establish fact that the maniacs have every bad intentions to humanity and I guess its right to think that they are trying something. Perhaps with a little push they can make it more destructive and since it is in the merica they have all the freedom to tinker with it.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

justntime2learn (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

I follow Dutch every day, he thinks something is pushing against the entire plate ... currently he is monitoring what he calls a slow slip event ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

justntime2learn (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Good catch, Bubu - I'm glad somebody around here is paying attention!

Your post makes me think two things:

one, I should never post when I'm sleep deprived, and

two, as these exact conditions (w.r.t. the dangers of the ongoing quakes) have prevailed now for over a year, maybe the degree of crisis is a little lower than we thought as of this week.

I know the former to be true; I hope the latter is as well.

Cheers,

B.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

fourty-two (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017)

26. Link to Post #14
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by justntime2learn (here)
    [...]
    Idaho's biggest earthquake, a 6.9 temblor, was recorded on Oct. 28, 1983. The small towns of Challis and Mackay rocked for about a minute as the Lost River Fault beneath Borah Peak (Idaho's tallest mountain) pushed upward and the Thousand Springs Valley dropped.
    [...]
    The above indicates it's not fracking but rather the result of tectonic pressure.

... sorry to have to have to point this out...
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bayareamom (8th September 2017), Bill Ryan (8th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th January 2018), justntime2learn (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Another cluster close to home ...

"Cluster Of Earthquakes Near Mount St. Helens Felt Throughout Region
    by Mark Bowder The Columbian Jan. 3, 2018 7:29 a.m."

"A series of nine earthquakes originating near Mount St. Helens early Wednesday was felt throughout Clark County and as far away as Seattle, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
    The first earthquake hit at 12:36 a.m. and had a magnitude of 3.9, and was followed at 12:39 a.m. by a 2.7 magnitude quake, according to the USGS.

Seven other smaller earthquakes followed, ranging in magnitude from 1.0 to 1.9, according to the USGS. The last quake was recorded at 3:55 a.m.

The cluster of quakes was centered on the Bean Creek drainage northeast of Mount St. Helens and about 3 miles east of Spirit Lake. The depth of the earthquakes ranged from 9.4 kilometers to 11.1 kilometers, the USGS reported.

Read the whole story at The Columbian: http://www.columbian.com/news/2018/j...ughout-region/

Source:https://www.opb.org/news/series/unpr...-january-2018/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"More than a dozen small earthquakes overnight near Mt. St. Helens
    POSTED 7:30 AM, JANUARY 3, 2018, BY Q13 NEWS STAFF, UPDATED AT 11:19AM, JANUARY 3, 2018

http://q13fox.com/2018/01/03/mt-st-helens-earthquake/
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 4th January 2018 at 01:05.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th January 2018), Harley (4th January 2018), Molly4US (4th January 2018)

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by justntime2learn (here)
    Another cluster close to home ...

"Cluster Of Earthquakes Near Mount St. Helens Felt Throughout Region
    by Mark Bowder The Columbian Jan. 3, 2018 7:29 a.m."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Incidentally, the movie China Syndrome starring Jack Lemon and Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas came out in the movie theatres in the same year as Mt. St. Helen erupted when I was in first grade. That was a very influential movie for me and my teacher wondered if I had slept through it, but I said, certainly not. It was the best movie I ever saw. Very important. I loved documentaries back then as they hold information that is useful.

With Charleton Heston being the ultimate in awesomeness.
    Last edited by Molly4US; 4th January 2018 at 02:10.

+ Reply to Thread