+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Relationship Between Inner Work and Karma

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Lightbulb The Relationship Between Inner Work and Karma

An interesting subject I have often contemplated on is how dreamwork, meditation, prayer, and Inner Work affect karma. If we are in the Inner World for around 1/3 of our life, how does that amount of time become warped by the weight of karma? On the other side of that question, does Inner Work change the way karma acts out in the Outer World? I have found some easy ways to test karma’s pull on the Inner and Outer Worlds.

This is an experiment that we can do together! So let’s dive in.

I have previously posted one example of Inner Work; presented a way to increase the amount of compassion you feel as you enter the Inner World at night. If you have tried that out, you’ll find this to be in the same vein, in regards to the Outer Work to prepare you for entering the Inner World. We are going to focus on a single feeling as we fall asleep, then once asleep, use the Inner World as our stage for Inner Work. Whether you are able to lucid dream yet or not, does not make much of a difference. In fact, the exact memory of the dream is not necessary either, just a quick notice of how you are feeling the moment you tradition between the Inner and Outer Worlds will give you an idea of how this worked out of you.

About 45 minutes before bed, get a piece of paper & pen or a word document out. Before you write anything, remember, re-experience & revivify a memory of the last time you got an amount of money that made you excited. To reemphasize: vividly remember the feeling of excitement you had when you receive money (good paycheck, nice night of tips, a money gift, any kind of receipt of money). Hold onto that feeling of being happy/excited/glad that was created when you received money. As you are experiencing that feeling once again, write out “I am abundant” 108 times. This is vital, remember the feeling of receiving money as you write that affirmation. Once you have finished the “written mala,” go about your usual routine before bed. Then, when you are in bed and just as you are falling asleep, experience the affirmation of abundance combined with the past feeling of receiving money WHILE thinking (without emotion) a place or person in your life that is lacking finances or necessary resources.

Holding this dichotomy of a feeling of abundance with an experience of lack at the same time is how we are going to enter the Inner World and how we are going to program our experience there to find out how karma is affecting our state of abundance or lack thereof. By holding a thought that opposes a feeling, creating a mental contradiction, our Inner Work will be focused on creating a solution to this dichotomy.

The absolute moment you wake up (make sure to have something to write with) write down whatever feelings, memories, dreams, inclinations, ideas, and mood you have as you emerge from the Inner World. Those will give you an indication as to what Inner Work was required in the Inner World. This isn’t to “cure” any karmic reactions about resources, it is just an exploratory way to dip your toe into how the Inner and Outer Worlds relate to one another. Abundance is often thought about when we talk about karma. Same for health and our circumstances of birth.

I did this practice a while back, when I just started taking Inner Work more seriously. My experience was a lake of pearls that I could never take as many, as hard as I tried, to the shore. It was like water through a sieve. When woke up, I had a distinct train of thought like: “Why was I trying to grab pearls out of that lake? Isn’t it amazing on its own that there is a huge amount of pearls in that lake? I should just let the pearls stay where they are and take one at a time, rather than handfuls that keep falling through my fingers. This was relevant for me, because I was taking on a larger number of duties in order to gain more potential abundance, but was unhappy and stressed the entire time.

I cannot say for certain what your experience will be, but I really would like to know if/how this Inner Work affected your viewpoint on karma and abundance.

Hoping you all have fun on the flip side!
    Lex

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DynasticHeir For This Post:

happyuk (6th September 2017), Lunesoleil (12th December 2022), Yuki (6th September 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Default Re: The Relationship Between Inner Work and Karma

Nice experiment but, but cheap feeling of receiving money, how about a feeling of abundance of love courtesy of a big bear hug. Not to spoil whatever it is that you are into, only expressing my opinion. That's what we are here for, to discuss and learn.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

DeDukshyn (6th September 2017), Yuki (6th September 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Nice experiment but, but cheap feeling of receiving money, how about a feeling of abundance of love courtesy of a big bear hug. Not to spoil whatever it is that you are into, only expressing my opinion. That's what we are here for, to discuss and learn.
    To add to this ...

It's not the "money" as much as the action with the intent to back it up ... IMO

I feel most abundant when I am in line at the store and the guy in front of me forgot his wallet, lost his cash, or whatever, and I choose to pipe up with "I'll get it ... no problem." and proceed to pay for his purchase. If they reject,I insist and I only ask of them one thing in return -- to pay it forward to someone else in need.

One can do it with anything, but it is not until one creates the physical manifestation of showing ... proving, in a sense to the Universe that what you believe is really what you believe and not what you just say about yourself. Only then is that belief certified as reality. Until that belief is put into action, it is nothing more than a belief, a concept, a few words, ... It is only reality when backed by a physical manifestation.

Even the smallest of actions that intend goodwill to your brothers can bring belief to reality, but at the end of the day, if there is no action to back it up, its just words.

Practice putting a smile on a stranger or co-workers face, go against the expected and choose to help someone in need -- physically, yourself, not through a donation --> that doesn't count much. These little actions are what influence "karma" (definition of "karma" needed for each discussion - mine likely vastly differs from yours), and when you ask to pay it forward, you actually create to continue intention to spread the change toward a better world. That intention is the "gold".
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 6th September 2017 at 00:47.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

BlueMoon (6th September 2017), Bubu (6th September 2017), Michi (6th September 2017), Mike (6th September 2017), Nasu (6th September 2017), Rich (6th September 2017), Wind (6th September 2017), Yuki (6th September 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    To add to this ...

It's not the "money" as much as the action with the intent to back it up ... IMO

I feel most abundant when I am in line at the store and the guy in front of me forgot his wallet, lost his cash, or whatever, and I choose to pipe up with "I'll get it ... no problem." and proceed to pay for his purchase. If they reject,I insist and I only ask of them one thing in return -- to pay it forward to someone else in need.

One can do it with anything, but it is not until one creates the physical manifestation of showing ... proving, in a sense to the Universe that what you believe is really what you believe and not what you just say about yourself. Only then is that belief certified as reality. Until that belief is put into action, it is nothing more than a belief, a concept, a few words, ... It is only reality when backed by a physical manifestation.

Even the smallest of actions that intend goodwill to your brothers can bring belief to reality, but at the end of the day, if there is no action to back it up, its just words.

Practice putting a smile on a stranger or co-workers face, go against the expected and choose to help someone in need -- physically, yourself, not through a donation --> that doesn't count much. These little actions are what influence "karma" (definition of "karma" needed for each discussion - mine likely vastly differs from yours), and when you ask to pay it forward, you actually create to continue intention to spread the change toward a better world. That intention is the "gold".
    couldn't agree more. As I mentioned "intent must result in action" otherwise there is no intent.
    recently on another forum we talked about saving fuel and I mentioned about being able to cut my fuel for cooking by 12 bottles per year to five bottles. One guy told me that I can make money from it knowing that its an original innovation and proceeded to advise me how to go about it. But he also sent me a PM asking how I did it. what I did was publish my answer to him with complete detail of how to do it so others can also do it. I only ask of him "to pay it forward". That forum however is local so we spoke in local language but here is another forum that I shared it for those who are interested to tinker with their LPG stove;

http://www.backyardaquaponics.com/fo...=3904&start=90
    Last edited by Bubu; 6th September 2017 at 01:53.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

BlueMoon (6th September 2017), DeDukshyn (6th September 2017), happyuk (6th September 2017), Nasu (6th September 2017), Rich (6th September 2017), Yuki (6th September 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

https://youtu.be/aRQxLcPrLes
    We all fall like snow, to melt and evaporate...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yuki For This Post:

DeDukshyn (6th September 2017), Nasu (6th September 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

Talking of money it's not so much the physical money itself we want but the independence it brings to do work you enjoy doing, be around people you want to be with etc. Basically freedom. The people that want money for the sake of material things like cars, holidays. Sensual experience do not want independence but rather more enslavement and bodily attachment.

Another interesting experiment is to try and remember the type of dream. Does it involve entrapment or running away from something inescapable? It is said that dreams containing images such as moonlight, sunrises, candlelights, bonfires etc are a sign of definite spiritual progress.
    Last edited by happyuk; 6th September 2017 at 16:38.

+ Reply to Thread