Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Default Re: Mindfulness: an exercise by Marina Abramovic

Quote Posted by BMJ (here)
    Body Language: Marina Abramovic Spirit Cooking

Bombard's Body Language
    Published on Jan 4, 2017
    ***Strictly my Opinion*** We look at the type of personality that drives this woman to these acts and why people follow her.

In summary Marina Abramovic is an attention seeking, self centered, controlling and mentally unstable person.
    Thanks BMJ, what about the people that follow her? ah I see they are the guru seekers
    Last edited by Bubu; 10th September 2017 at 04:23.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

BMJ (11th September 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    There will be a time when long life will be granted to everyone. That time is not now...
    Quality life and extended life are things I play with but NOT like Marina Abramovic.

ACCORDING TO A NEUROSCIENTIST, YOU CAN GROW NEW BRAIN CELLS
    AND THIS IS WHY IT’S IMPORTANT FOR US TO DO SO - [article]

For quite some time, neuroscientists have taught us that it was impossible to change our brain. Now, years later this theory has finally been proven wrong!

Neuroscientists Sandrine Thuret says that humans can indeed generate new brain cells, a process dubbed neurogenesis. Neurogenesis is the process in which new neurons are generated through neural stem cells. While many may believe that this is a process that doesn’t occur in adults, this notion is actually wrong. On the contrary, this occurs in specific areas of an adult brain. Just as broken bones will heal, so too does the brain.

And by doing so you will be able to benefit from a range of important benefits like improved mood, increased memory formation and prevention of the decline associated with aging.

What Habits Reduce the Natural Rate of Neurogenesis?

It is no secret that stress and lack of sleep are both terrible for the human body. But what you didn’t know is that these bad habits along with aging reduce the natural rate of neurogenesis. Certain medications, as well as poor dietary habits also restrict new neuron growth.

According to Thuret, these dietary practices increase neurogenesis:
    ▪ Intermittent fasting
    ▪ Regular Intake of flavonoids (examples at bottom)
    ▪ Regular Intake Omega-3 fatty acids (examples at bottom)
    ▪ Calorie restriction of 20 to 30 percent

It should also be noted that diets high in saturated fat and alcohol consumption have a negative impact on neurogenesis.

In the following TED talk, neuroscientist Sandrine Thuret explains the process of neurogenesis, and why it is important that we partake in the correct activities to ensure this process takes place.

You can grow new brain cells. Here's how | Sandrine Thuret

Published on Oct 30, 2015

Can we, as adults, grow new neurons? Neuroscientist Sandrine Thuret says that we can, and she offers research and practical advice on how we can help our brains better perform neurogenesis—improving mood, increasing memory formation and preventing the decline associated with aging along the way.

TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes (or less). Look for talks on Technology, Entertainment and Design -- plus science, business, global issues, the arts and much more.

Examples of Flavonoids and Omega-3 fatty acids

Flavonoids are a diverse group of phytonutrients (plant chemicals) found in almost all fruits and vegetables. Along with carotenoids, they are responsible for the vivid colors in fruits and vegetables.

Flavonoids are powerful antioxidants with anti-inflammatory and immune system benefits. Diets rich in flavonoid-containing foods are sometimes associated with cancer, neurodegenerative and cardiovascular disease prevention. Onions, tea, strawberries, kale, grapes, Brussels sprouts, citrus fruit, parsley, and many spices are just a few natural foods rich in flavonoids.

Omega-3 fatty acids - two crucial ones -- EPA and DHA -- are primarily found in certain fish. ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), another omega-3 fatty acid, is found in plant sources such as nuts and seeds. Not only does your body need these fatty acids to function, but also they deliver some big health benefits. Foods High in Omega 3 Fatty Acids include flaxseed oil, fish oil, chia seeds, walnuts, fish roe (eggs), fatty fish, seafood, soybeans, and spinach.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 10th September 2017 at 10:48.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Basho (10th September 2017), BMJ (11th September 2017), Bubu (10th September 2017), Franny (11th September 2017), Reinhard (10th September 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

The invitation "I'm an object. You can do whatever you want to me. I'll take all responsibility" was not restricted or defined in any way. So it adressed not only the physically present audience that evening, but also the inhabitants of the astral world. A pronounced and open invitation to take her over.
    Last edited by Iloveyou; 10th September 2017 at 08:30.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

Basho (10th September 2017), Bubu (10th September 2017), Jayke (10th September 2017), Wind (10th September 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Quote Posted by Iloveyou (here)
    The invitation "I'm an object. You can do whatever you want to me. I'll take all responsibility" was not restricted or defined in any way. So it adressed not only the physically present audience that evening, but also the inhabitants of the astral world. A pronounced and open invitation to take her over.
    I'd disagree, the phrase "I'll take all response-ability", indicates the maintenance of individual sovereignty, the maintenance of samadhi, which shields from astral influences...the audience made no such declarations themselves however so it is an invitation for astral entities to test the strength of her samadhi through manifesting in the lusts and dark desires of the audience. Probably why the audience hung their head in shame and left quietly once the show was over, they allowed themselves to get temporarily possessed and overtaken by the darkness.

The darkness isn't something that needs to be shut out imo, shadows can't snuff out the light produced by a candle, the shadows only take over once the spotlight of pure awareness is blinded by the veils of dross desires and emotions. There's only light and an absence of light, the creation of shadows is but merely an illusion.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Bubu (10th September 2017), Iloveyou (10th September 2017), Wind (10th September 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

I'm with you for the most part. Your perspective is absolutely valuable to me.

Can't we say that her statement/invitation was at least confusing or contradictory?
    Did she really take responsability in full awareness? Or rather like a child or teen (who's not mature enough to be aware of all consequences) would say: Let me play with this one. It's my life. I'll take all responsibility.

In case of making such a profound and far-reaching statement one has to be very detailed, precise and outspoken, l believe. Or otherwise to connect with the divine being inside - as you've said. Make sure that the lights are on, than the darkness has no chance.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

Basho (10th September 2017), Bubu (10th September 2017), Jayke (10th September 2017), Wind (10th September 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

If you choose to play a social game like this, then I'm pretty sure her samadhi and concentration levels would have been hyper focused for the duration of the event. Afterwards when she got home, felt traumatised and began reflecting on the experience (breaking samadhi by taking her attention away from the present moment) unless she did any very deep energetic clearing techniques immediately after the event, that's when astral energies can start to weave their way into the fibres of the unconscious, that's when they can take a hold and then change the trajectory of a persons life.

Taking her eye off the ball (all daydreaming and reflection is the minds eye travelling in the astral realm) is like taking her hands from the reins so to speak. Whenever a person daydreams there's the potential for invoking or evoking astral entities, either positive or negative (the more intense the visualisation, the stronger the effect) depending on the quality of energy a person is daydreaming about imo

Like i mentioned in a previous post, she looked into the face of the darkness, and part of it stuck with her it would seem

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Bubu (10th September 2017), Iloveyou (10th September 2017), Wind (10th September 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

"For quite some time, neuroscientists have taught us that it was impossible to change our brain. Now, years later this theory has finally been proven wrong!"

of course every proclamation had been proven prior to proclaiming. What guarantee do we have that the new proclamation would not be like the previous one.

"According to Thuret, these dietary practices increase neurogenesis:"
    ▪ Intermittent fasting
    ▪ Regular Intake of flavonoids (examples at bottom)
    ▪ Regular Intake Omega-3 fatty acids (examples at bottom)
    ▪ Calorie restriction of 20 to 30 percent

I did intermittent fasting even before I knew that it is intermittent fasting
    I have lots of fruits and veggies everyday mostly fruits without someone telling me to do so
    I eat lots of fish on my ones a day meal and thats also by instinct and yes I love peanut butter
    eat very little rice as compared to what I use to have probably less than 20% also by feel.
    I am better off listening to my instinct than to others but its only me.
    Although I must admit it feels good to have a confirmation, thanks Paula

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (10th September 2017), RunningDeer (10th September 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    If you choose to play a social game like this, then I'm pretty sure her samadhi and concentration levels would have been hyper focused for the duration of the event. Afterwards when she got home, felt traumatised and began reflecting on the experience (breaking samadhi by taking her attention away from the present moment) unless she did any very deep energetic clearing techniques immediately after the event, that's when astral energies can start to weave their way into the fibres of the unconscious, that's when they can take a hold and then change the trajectory of a persons life.

Taking her eye off the ball (all daydreaming and reflection is the minds eye travelling in the astral realm) is like taking her hands from the reins so to speak. Whenever a person daydreams there's the potential for invoking or evoking astral entities, either positive or negative (the more intense the visualisation, the stronger the effect) depending on the quality of energy a person is daydreaming about imo

Like i mentioned in a previous post, she looked into the face of the darkness, and part of it stuck with her it would seem
    Good insight Jayke, how does one do an energetic clearing techniques?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Jayke (10th September 2017)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Good insight Jayke, how does one do an energetic clearing techniques?
    Depends how strong a persons state of equanimity is...when I'm under astral attack the first line of defence is simple tai chi movements and meditative breathing, it helps harness any toxic or uncomfortable energy stored in the auric biofield. Getting the energy moving helps to transform it and purify it. Once it feels clear and just like pure energy as oppose to anything toxic, the energy can be stored in the cerebellum at the base of the skull.

If, after this stage, there's still any lingering aka chords or uncomfortable attachments, it's time to roll out the big guns, I have 4 astral defenders in the north/south/east/west positions (put in place via imagination and developing a healthy relationship with your ego and subconscious mind) similar to totem animals in native Indian medicine wheels...

Mine are 2 dragons (east and west) a lion (south) and a phoenix (North)

To remove the aka chord I usually get one of the dragons to unleash some fury and breathe fire along it until it reaches back at the person who attached it to begin with...burning up their ill intent along the way. (Not always necessary, sometimes healing and transformative energy can be sent down the aka chords to heal the person or entity at the other end). If that doesn't work you can get the different animals to use their particular skills one by one until the aka chords are broken and serenity returns.

In extreme cases I've had to use ashwaganda tea, it helps soothe the adrenals, which makes it easier to feel energetically balanced.

Always finish off with some shadow work i.e. acceptance, compassion and empathy for the aspects of reality that caused the event to come about...followed by some ho'oponopono until the body feels fully and completely relaxed and imperturbable.

It's a process of basically clearing out the 5 skhandas in the Buddhist tradition.

The 5 skhandas
    1. Form
    2. Sensation
    3. Conception
    4. Volition
    5. Storehouse skhanda

Tai chi clears the form and sensation levels.
    The imagination techniques clear out the sensation and conception levels.
    The aka chord techniques and herbal remedies purify the volitional impulses.
    And the shadow work and ho'oponopono purify the storehouse skhanda (erases any negative intent from your memories so that only the wisdom of the experience is left behind)

Thats a very basic summary of my inner alchemy work at least. You can get creative obviously and develop your own techniques, but as long as it follows the skhanda structure, you can get some extremely deep energy clearings going on.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Bubu (10th September 2017), Ernie Nemeth (10th September 2017)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

It should also be noted that the circle with imaginary figures placed at the cardinal points is also found in Solomonic magic. They use 4 heavenly angels instead of 4 animals like in the shamanic traditions. Solomonic magic was originally devised to clear out the 5 skhanda levels simultaneously, but like all psychological technology it got subverted at the hands of lower character level people as we progressed into the Kali Yuga age. Used to evoke and control demons as oppose to strengthening ones mental fortitude against them.

The placement of a protective circle is an all important feature in ceremonial magic...it would have interested me to see, if Marina had drawn a protective circle around herself during the social experiment, how many people in the audience would still have been able to cross that line of basic human decency?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Bubu (10th September 2017), Ernie Nemeth (10th September 2017)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)

The placement of a protective circle is an all important feature in ceremonial magic...it would have interested me to see, if Marina had drawn a protective circle around herself during the social experiment, how many people in the audience would still have been able to cross that line of basic human decency?
    Interesting, I heard that shamans here do the same before treating a patient. But most of them even the best of them eventually succumb to the negative energies. Well the best of them will have many patients treating many people each day. So I can imagine how demanding it is for them to ward of the negative energies that try to get back at them. I remember assisting a friend coming from abroad. We went for the best shaman that I knew close by. when we went there someone in the house told us that he is no longer treating people as he have cancer. So we went to another farther from my place only to be told that the shaman is on leave because she is sick. eventually we settled for a shaman that is not well known.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Jayke (10th September 2017), Rich (10th September 2017)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Quote Interesting, I heard that shamans here do the same before treating a patient. But most of them even the best of them eventually succumb to the negative energies. Well the best of them will have many patients treating many people each day. So I can imagine how demanding it is for them to ward of the negative energies that try to get back at them. I remember assisting a friend coming from abroad. We went for the best shaman that I knew close by. when we went there someone in the house told us that he is no longer treating people as he have cancer. So we went to another farther from my place only to be told that the shaman is on leave because she is sick. eventually we settled for a shaman that is not well known.
    Reminds me of an old parable...

A doctor who works with the body, his fame spreads far and wide, he's known by the whole nation.
    A doctor who works with the mind, his work is more subtle, his name spreads only so far as the village.
    A doctor that works directly with the spirit, his work is almost imperceptible, so his name never leaves the house.

It's the same with any healing modality, there's always a risk of taking on some of the clients negative karma (there's plenty of hypnotherapists that do weight loss sessions and who themselves are overweight and struggle with weight loss issues. Or psychologists who suffer from depression). The famous hypnotherapist Milton Erickson was basically shamanic in his approach to healing, he had all kinds of failing health issues, he never let his failing body taint the warmth of his generous spirit however...a true healer until his last breath.

24. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Another interesting book for overcoming trauma and developing greater mindfulness...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Body-Rememb.../dp/0393703274

Written by Babette Rothschild. Yup, that's right, a descendant of the Rothschild dynasty (according to google at least) it's got her parent as Mayer Amschel Rothschild though (who died in 1812) so unless the Rothschilds are in possession of some seriously profound life extension technology (I wouldn't put it past them) then the google attribution might be wrong. Either way, still an interesting book and pertinent to the theme of the thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2