+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Summary for Atlantic Hurricanes and Global Warming

1. Link to Post #1
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Harley's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 times in 1,378 posts

Default Summary for Atlantic Hurricanes and Global Warming

The following is just the Summary of Research Results for Atlantic Hurricanes and Global Warming which I have taken from An Overview of Current Research Results on Global Warming and Hurricanes, which was just revised on Aug. 30, 2017 by the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Lab (GFDL) of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E. Summary for Atlantic Hurricanes and Global Warming

In summary, neither our model projections for the 21st century nor our analyses of trends in Atlantic hurricane and tropical storm counts over the past 120+ yr support the notion that greenhouse gas-induced warming leads to large increases in either tropical storm or overall hurricane numbers in the Atlantic. One modeling study projects a large (~100%) increase in Atlantic category 4-5 hurricanes over the 21st century, but we estimate that this increase may not be detectable until the latter half of the century.

Therefore, we conclude that despite statistical correlations between SST [sea surface temperatures] and Atlantic hurricane activity in recent decades, it is premature to conclude that human activity–and particularly greenhouse warming–has already caused a detectable change in Atlantic hurricane activity. (“Detectable” here means the change is large enough to be distinguishable from the variability due to natural causes.) However, human activity may have already caused some some changes that are not yet detectable due to the small magnitude of the changes or observation limitations, or are not yet confidently modeled (e.g., aerosol effects on regional climate).

We also conclude that it is likely that climate warming will cause hurricanes in the coming century to be more intense globally and to have higher rainfall rates than present-day hurricanes. In our view, there are better than even odds that the numbers of very intense (category 4 and 5) hurricanes will increase by a substantial fraction in some basins, while it is likely that the annual number of tropical storms globally will either decrease or remain essentially unchanged. These assessment statements are intended to apply to climate warming of the type projected for the 21st century by IPCC AR4 scenarios, such as A1B.

The relatively conservative confidence levels attached to these projections, and the lack of a claim of detectable anthropogenic influence at this time contrasts with the situation for other climate metrics, such as global mean temperature. In the case of global mean surface temperature, the IPCC 5th Assessment Report (2013) presents a strong body of scientific evidence that most of the global warming observed over the past half century is very likely due to human-caused greenhouse gas emissions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To read the full report, which includes supporting graphs and and links, please click HERE.
    Harley

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Harley For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th September 2017), Chuck (8th September 2017), dynamo (8th September 2017), Fellow Aspirant (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th September 2017), genevieve (8th September 2017), Jayke (8th September 2017), justntime2learn (8th September 2017), Lifebringer (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th September 2017), tessie999 (9th September 2017), yelik (8th September 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,215 times in 21,086 posts

Exclamation Re: Summary for Atlantic Hurricanes and Global Warming

~most (90-99%) of the so called "climate change" ... so called "Global Cooling Scare" & "Global Warming Scare" is due to Solar Activity of our Sun affecting ALL planets in our Solar System! ... on top of that we have overt & covert NATO run (above nation laws) SRM 'Solar Radiation Management' Geoengineering Projects - Aerosol Crimes - Chemtrails - Secret Weather Modification Wars (study the declassified government hearing on this topic) - Stratospheric Aerosol Injections etc. etc. ... LOOK IT UP FOR FCK SAKES!

~"Global Warming" is a GIVEN same as "Global Cooling" is a GIVEN ... both are a result of "Climate Change" that happens on ALLLLL planets in our Solar System ... so fckn what! ... the moment you study the link between Extreme Weathers & Geoengineering projects connected to HAARP + EISCAT = illegal Weather Modification which LEADS TO EXTREME COLDS or EXTREME HOT Drought AREAS ... and WHY are most willfully ignoring this fact? ... WHY? ... Because it does not fit in their agenda of a new "Global Tax" system = "Global Governance" Agenda 21 to "combat" their straw-man argument. ... IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS!
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 9th September 2017 at 10:20.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Blacklight43 (8th September 2017), conk (8th September 2017), dynamo (8th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th September 2017), genevieve (8th September 2017), Harley (8th September 2017), justntime2learn (8th September 2017), Matt P (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017), StandingWave (8th September 2017), Star Tsar (8th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th September 2017), uzn (9th September 2017), yelik (8th September 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,648 times in 1,188 posts

Default Re: Summary for Atlantic Hurricanes and Global Warming

Absolutley Exomatrix - climate change is natural but weather has been weaponised and used as a tool to strip wealth.

Without moving too much off topic when you consider these deceptive activities individually it easy to just ignore them but collectively we are facing some quite frightening scenarios that go almost unnoticed because of ignorance, complacency, stupidity, greed and lust for power.

WEATHER MANIPULATION
    Chemtrails & DVD's storm-boosting SHEWS weapon system
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2017/09...ricane-harvey/

PHARMA
    Slowly damaging immune systems & poisoning us

GMO
    Allergies, toxic, infertility, gluton disorders, DNA transfer, birth defects & cancer

AIR CONTAMINATION
    Geo-Engineering (Chemtrailing) poisoning and ionising the atmoshere
    Corporate pollution - Just 100 companies responsible for 71% of global emissions, study says
    https://www.theguardian.com/sustaina...climate-change

WATER CONTAMINATION
    Heavy metal nano toxins and plastics from pesticides, chemicals, pollution, chemtrails and radioactive fallout

MIND CONTROL / AI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOMzh26I6L4&t=896s
    Education control – important science and history manipulated
    Creating an ionised atmospheric fence capable of communicating with humans at the DNA level
    Internet censorship, increased media control & mass spying and control down to the DNA level

ARCON ROGUES
    Interference from negative ET groups Spiritual wickedness in high places
    Satanism, paedophilia and satanic ritual seems to enhance the Arconic Rogue mind by creating an intelligent but very evil and destructive psychopathic mind and soul often found in Corporate and Political leaders

It appears there is a real effort to slowly destroy nature and desirable evolution through misguided use of exotic technologies. Clearly the Elite few believe earth’s population needs reducing with those remaining being bred for specific tasks and under total control by the integration machine AI technology down to the DNA and subconscious level.
    Last edited by yelik; 8th September 2017 at 09:52.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

dynamo (8th September 2017), ExomatrixTV (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th September 2017), Harley (8th September 2017), justntime2learn (8th September 2017), Matt P (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th September 2017), uzn (9th September 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

We're gonna end up like Jupiters mid region storms if this keeps up. Those storms are at 800 mph and above. Time to go and yes, this is the time. I really don't care who believes it or not. I feel it in my soul.
    I am shamanic or medicine woman.
    I am healer
    I am comforter.
    I am my own happiness.
    I am my own destiny for good intention.
    I AM ready.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Blacklight43 (8th September 2017), conk (8th September 2017), dynamo (8th September 2017), Fellow Aspirant (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th September 2017), Harley (8th September 2017), justntime2learn (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017), starlight (9th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th September 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Slovenia Avalon Member BlueMoon's Avatar
    Thanks

I think we all agree though that it is not premature to conclude that human activity - oil industry, food industry, pharmacy, etc. - has already caused a detectable change in the living conditions throughout the world. Mostly in big cities, which affects areas much larger than the cities alone ...
    Even though we can say humans are not responsible for global warming, we are responsible for polluting the air, water and earth ...

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BlueMoon For This Post:

Bruno (8th September 2017), dynamo (8th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th September 2017), Harley (8th September 2017), justntime2learn (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017), Wind (9th September 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Jamaica Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,160 times in 444 posts

If man is affecting weather it's HAARP-like geoengineering, not the "global warming" guilt trip they're pushing to collect "carbon tax."

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jake gittes For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th September 2017), Harley (8th September 2017), Noelle (8th September 2017), Wind (9th September 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Once again...(I cannot resist this!) "It's the Sun, stupid!"

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th September 2017), Harley (8th September 2017), Noelle (9th September 2017), StandingWave (8th September 2017), uzn (9th September 2017), Wind (9th September 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,429 times in 32,920 posts

A commentary note here. The term 'global warming' is a kind of trigger phrase: maybe rightly so! But whether it's warming, or instability, the issue is that parts of the oceans are experiencing higher temperatures, and that then rolls all kind of other unusual events into play.

It happened in the eastern Pacific earlier this year, setting off prolonged record rains and flooding in Ecuador and Peru.

I wrote here, on the Wild Weather thread, on 1 April:

~~~
    Ecuador’s National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (INAMHI) isn’t having much luck explaining the weather. “This is not an El Niño,” says José Olmedo, director of INAMHI. “The reason for the exceptional rainfall is a rare phenomenon of very high ocean temperatures near the coastline of Ecuador and Peru. The news media continues to call it an El Niño, which is something very different.”

Whatever it’s called, INAMHI is predicting above-average rainfall to continue for three to four weeks in Ecuador. The coastal area will receive the heaviest rains, it says, but the sierra region will also be affected.

Olmedo explains that El Niño is a widespread event in which water temperatures increase over thousands of square kilometers of the equatorial Pacific Ocean. “What we are experiencing is a much rarer event where the water temperatures rise within a few kilometers of the shore, providing the moisture and energy for strong localized storms within an area of several hundred miles. An El Niño can affect weather worldwide.”

The phenomenon has a name, Olmedo says. “It’s called El Niño Costero (coastal child) and we have only experienced it two other times within the past 50 years,” he says. “This is the strongest of the three.” At one point in mid-March, offshore water temperatures rose to 5ºC above normal.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Bob (8th September 2017), conk (8th September 2017), ExomatrixTV (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th September 2017), Harley (8th September 2017), Magnus (10th September 2017), Noelle (9th September 2017), tessie999 (9th September 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Slovenia Avalon Member BlueMoon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    A commentary note here. The term 'global warming' is a kind of trigger phrase: maybe rightly so! But whether it's warming, or instability, the issue is that parts of the oceans are experiencing higher temperatures, and that then rolls all kind of other unusual events into play.
    Not really sure how the oceans and all this impacts the global (and local) weather as I am no expert, but I have noticed that this year (or maybe previous year already) our national meteorological institutes have had problems predicting the weather. From what I remember from the last 3 or 4 years, they were quite accurate. But recently I just couldn't rely on their forecasts, probabilities of rain were fluctuating a lot and the only time I was sure there's gonna be any rain is when I looked up in the sky and saw those dark blue-grey clouds approaching.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueMoon For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (8th September 2017), Harley (8th September 2017), Noelle (9th September 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

So, according to this report on Atlantic hurricane frequency:

1. It's too early to say that human activity (wrt greenhouse warming) has caused more hurricanes in the Atlantic.
    2. It's likely that hurricanes will become more intense.
    3. There will be higher rainfall rates.
    4. Rising global temperatures are likely due to human-caused greenhouse gas emissions.

My takeaway then, is that humans are warming the planet and that this extra heat will cause bigger storms and more rainfall.

This lines up with my personal observations, and should have climate change deniers seeking higher ground.

B.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Noelle (9th September 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,170 times in 1,747 posts

I think they should call it "Solar System Warming" not "Global Warming".
    If these fanatic "scientists" want to praise something for something:

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th September 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Once again...(I cannot resist this!) "It's the Sun, stupid!"
    If only people would get this, it's so simple and yet so hard to comprehend for too many people!

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

- Joseph Goebbels
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (9th September 2017), uzn (9th September 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Good point, uzn...."Solar System Warming"!!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

uzn (9th September 2017)

+ Reply to Thread