+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Demons

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Demons

Since my childhood my family was under attack from demonic forces. The manifestation of this ranged from hearing footsteps running down the hallway when nobody was home to beds violently shaking in the middle of the night to actual demonic possession of family members, these things and so so much more. My first memories of this was as a very small child of 3 years old.

Pretty crazy stuff and seemingly unbelievable unless of course you've experienced it yourself, then its very very believable, haha! There's no skeptical demonic attack victims knocking around I can bet you that!

One time me and my better half were sitting on the bed doing some knitting. Well, she was doing the knitting I was on my computer (for the record ahem) and we felt and heard our little kitty clawing at the bed sheet which had fell over the corner of the bed and was trailing on the floor. We saw it moving and felt it moving and heard him clawing but after a few moment's we wondered why he was not jumping up so we sat up and took a look; he was fast asleep in his bed. Creepy indeed, but very mild because I don't want to scare you away just yet Things happened which were much worse then this but we'll get to that later.

One time my Fiance and I were staying at my mothers house. She was down in the bedroom doing girly stuff and I was up in the sitting room doing.. manly stuff lets say haha, because I cant remember exactly. Sitting down smoking perhaps. My mother left for town and it was just me and my better half in the house. About 40 minutes later my Fiance arrives up to the sitting room to ask me where my mother is whom she had just heard come back into the house shouting her usual "hey guys" and then continued talking to me having a loud conversation. I insisted to her that Mam was gone for 40 minutes and had not come back yet. She went WHITE.

One time a few weeks after a family member committed suicide their picture was turned facing the wall. My mother asked us all who turned the picture but we all assured her it was none of us. A small thing but many small things make up a horrible atmosphere.

Another time myself and my commander in chief were sitting in bed reading when we heard a very loud knocking three times at the window. Being directly beside the window I lurched out like the guard dog I am to see who was knocking and there was absolutely nothing there. Three knocks is a mock of the holy trinity, they do this often. I personally experienced this after moving into a new large five bedroom house. My better half was out of the country at that point and I was all on my lonesome laying on the bare bed upstairs having just moved all my stuff in. It was pretty late at night and all of a sudden I heard the loudest three knocks on the studded partition wall right beside my head. I jumped up to investigate but there was nothing that could have possibly made that noise. No heating on. No water usage of late. Nothing, fresh new clean house. Never happened again neither. Really scared the bejesus out of me considering I was all alone in a new house in the dead of night.

These were some of the very mild observable occurrences. To not dampen the mood just yet I have excluded the ensuing tragic deaths, drug addictions, alcoholism, violence and all round devastation which came about during this period. My above introduction makes it seem somewhat gentle and entertaining in comparison to the truly horrific time that it really was but honestly I don't feel like ruining anyone's day by sharing it right now.

Lets just say I saw much violence growing up, attempted murder on a number of occasions, suicide and premature tragic deaths of direct family members. Being in a somewhat good mood these days I've perhaps painted a rather innocent picture of our demonic haunting by giving the examples used above but I assure you that although my good mood may color it now it was a truly horrific time.

I will say one thing to round this up; It was not until I finally dropped to my knees and begged this Jesus fella i'd heard so much about to come into my heart, into my life and take away these dark forces that I finally experienced a miraculous transformation of my life which continues to this present day.

Having demons around you is like being wrapped up in a thick black cloud of misery so when they are gone its incredibly apparent and after having tried everything it was not until I ordered them away in Jesus mighty name that their dark cloud of misery finally lifted from my life. This right there proved to me once and for all without any doubt that this Jesus fella was real and I then went on to spend two years studying the biblical texts. One thing I can confirm is that everything they say about demons is true.

What say you.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Post:

Amenjo (9th September 2017), Buzzie (9th September 2017), DNA (9th September 2017), drneglector (30th January 2019), Ernie Nemeth (5th November 2018), findingneo (9th September 2017), Innocent Warrior (8th September 2017), Matthew (9th September 2017), Mike (8th September 2017), mojo (9th September 2017), NancyV (5th November 2018), OmeyocaN777 (9th September 2017), regnak (9th September 2017), Rhogar (11th December 2018), Valerie Villars (1st November 2018), waree (31st January 2019), Words of Joy (9th September 2017), XelNaga (30th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

Default Re: Demons

faith is a good thing and yours is strong
    Last edited by regnak; 9th September 2017 at 00:04.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

DNA (9th September 2017), Innocent Warrior (9th September 2017), mojo (9th September 2017), waree (31st January 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 838 posts

I'm certainly glad things have gotten better for you. And I'm glad that the dude who's feet don't get wet seems to be of help. But there's too many people, (including me), who've asked for help only to get a great big dose of nothin'. Don't get me wrong, millions of people around the world will say they've been helped by this guy. And so, naturally they 'believe'. (And why not).

But I'm not on his buddy list. Which sorta means I'm being played for a fool by trying to talk to this guy only to be ignored. And since he won't talk to me, I guess I'll have to wait until I leave this life to maybe have a chance to speak to him and give him a piece of my mind. But, .... hell, .... he'll probably just ignore me then too.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Bubu (9th September 2017), DNA (9th September 2017), drneglector (30th January 2019), regnak (9th September 2017), XelNaga (30th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,522 times in 32,788 posts

8. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Amenjo (9th September 2017), Anchor (10th September 2017), Bubu (9th September 2017), Chester (25th September 2017), conk (13th September 2017), danegeroussacredgeometry (9th September 2017), DeDukshyn (2nd November 2018), DNA (9th September 2017), drneglector (30th January 2019), Ernie Nemeth (5th November 2018), Fellow Aspirant (10th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th September 2017), Harley (9th September 2017), Houman (10th September 2017), jack (9th September 2017), Jantje (10th September 2017), Jayke (9th September 2017), ketikoti (18th October 2017), Matthew (9th September 2017), Michi (9th September 2017), NancyV (5th November 2018), regnak (9th September 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (9th September 2017), Smell the Roses (10th September 2017), Spellbound (9th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (10th September 2017), sunwings (9th September 2017), uzn (9th September 2017), Valerie Villars (1st November 2018), Words of Joy (9th September 2017), XelNaga (30th January 2019), Zampano (9th September 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Orph (here)
    I'm certainly glad things have gotten better for you. And I'm glad that the dude who's feet don't get wet seems to be of help. But there's too many people, (including me), who've asked for help only to get a great big dose of nothin'. Don't get me wrong, millions of people around the world will say they've been helped by this guy. And so, naturally they 'believe'. (And why not).

But I'm not on his buddy list. Which sorta means I'm being played for a fool by trying to talk to this guy only to be ignored. And since he won't talk to me, I guess I'll have to wait until I leave this life to maybe have a chance to speak to him and give him a piece of my mind. But, .... hell, .... he'll probably just ignore me then too.
    If you don't mind me asking Orph, what do you ask for?

Also its worth mentioning; its required that we be as kind and loving to all of life all the time to the best of our ability. By the best of our ability I mean that for instance; when I began doing this there was no love in me, not really, very tough childhood etc. So I began by loving my kitties more and more and the more I practiced this by petting them and kissing them (not in a romantic way.. haha) and cuddling them the more this ability to love grew. So now its at a stage where I love even spiders and they were a big phobia for me before. It was whilst doing this that I noticed Gods presence and will really became very apparent to the point that miracles happen every day now, its become normal.

Instead of asking God for something that you want, ask instead that his will be done for you. Or even if your at the stage of not being sure if God exists, ask that your belief in him be increased one thousand fold. Ask for miracles in Jesus name and do your best to be as kind and loving to all of life all the time. (e.g "Please God may I have a miracle that my belief in you increases one thousand fold in Jesus name I pray")

Sometimes when we don't get what we ask for we think God isnt listening but God always listens and also knows very well the things that we want but he also knows what we truly need, which usually isn't what we expected. For me after asking Gods will be done the entire direction of my life changed much to my chagrin and I was not one bit pleased that my dreams and ambitions had to be put aside. But I trusted with God and went with it, went with the flow so to speak and although life is nothing like Id ever wanted or expected, it is truly perfect and wonderful. My desires would have only led to further suffering I see that now but God knew just the ticket, sometimes we gotta just sit back and let him take the wheel.

God bless you brother im going to pray for you now that you gain that connection with God that you truly crave and all of the blessings and wonder of our glorious God of infinite love come into your life and transport you into the Kingdom of Heaven where you will remain forever more in eternal bliss, peace and happiness. God bless you Orph in Jesus name God bless you forever more amen.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Post:

Bubu (9th September 2017), DNA (9th September 2017), drneglector (30th January 2019), Ernie Nemeth (5th November 2018), findingneo (9th September 2017), NancyV (5th November 2018), regnak (9th September 2017), Valerie Villars (8th November 2018), waree (31st January 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,284 times in 639 posts

I´m tryning to get a grip of this thing, but I keep falling

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

findingneo (9th September 2017), regnak (9th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (10th September 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,284 times in 639 posts

Thanks , finaly , Orph and Jack, we are not fooling around with you anymore
    "I am your father"
    "No Im your father"

Xodus

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

Bubu (9th September 2017), regnak (9th September 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member bobme's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,817 times in 234 posts

jack. the experience you have had, I do not doubt. But they were only meant to bring you into the belief system more. Once you are convinced of this new awakening of a jesus, or bible, or worship of any sort, you are much easyer to handle. You are now on the leash of control. Belief is always control. Whatever road you are on is fine with me. I am only tryiing to offer advice. No harm intended. Wish the best for all.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bobme For This Post:

Bubu (9th September 2017), Chester (25th September 2017), regnak (9th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (10th September 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Have you tried different approach, say different groups.? I did but was ignored as well

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by jack (here)

Also its worth mentioning; its required that we be as kind and loving to all of life all the time to the best of our ability. By the best of our ability I mean that for instance; when I began doing this there was no love in me, not really, very tough childhood etc. So I began by loving my kitties more and more and the more I practiced this by petting them and kissing them (not in a romantic way.. haha) and cuddling them the more this ability to love grew. So now its at a stage where I love even spiders and they were a big phobia for me before. It was whilst doing this that I noticed Gods presence and will really became very apparent to the point that miracles happen every day now, its become normal.

Instead of asking God for something that you want, ask instead that his will be done for you. Or even if your at the stage of not being sure if God exists, ask that your belief in him be increased one thousand fold. Ask for miracles in Jesus name and do your best to be as kind and loving to all of life all the time. (e.g "Please God may I have a miracle that my belief in you increases one thousand fold in Jesus name I pray")

Sometimes when we don't get what we ask for we think God isnt listening but God always listens and also knows very well the things that we want but he also knows what we truly need, which usually isn't what we expected. For me after asking Gods will be done the entire direction of my life changed much to my chagrin and I was not one bit pleased that my dreams and ambitions had to be put aside. But I trusted with God and went with it, went with the flow so to speak and although life is nothing like Id ever wanted or expected, it is truly perfect and wonderful. My desires would have only led to further suffering I see that now but God knew just the ticket, sometimes we gotta just sit back and let him take the wheel.

God bless you brother im going to pray for you now that you gain that connection with God that you truly crave and all of the blessings and wonder of our glorious God of infinite love come into your life and transport you into the Kingdom of Heaven where you will remain forever more in eternal bliss, peace and happiness. God bless you Orph in Jesus name God bless you forever more amen.
    now I know, its the loving

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

jack (9th September 2017), regnak (9th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (10th September 2017), Words of Joy (9th September 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 838 posts

Demons. You've mentioned some of the 'Demons' that have manifested in your outer world. Mine are of the inner kind. As I've mentioned, I certainly don't want to cast aspersions on anyones beliefs. It works for you, and that's great. But it doesn't work for everybody. Anyway, I have long since moved on. And though I still have the inner turbulence to deal with, I actually think I'm more 'alive' by having to deal it myself.

Best to you and everyone else.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Jayke (9th September 2017), regnak (9th September 2017), Rich (10th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (10th September 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 times in 4,313 posts

Creepy indeed, but very mild because I don't want to scare you away just yet

This was a great line.
    I laughed and arched my eyebrow with a curious respect when I heard this.
    For the record bro, I respectfully ask you to fire with both barrels when it comes to the extent of your story.

I've been sitting on a good story for a while, and I'll mention it now because it relates with you.
    It has to do with my friend Marc Airam.
    There is a reknown portal area in my neck of the woods. And it is nothing like any portal zone I have ever heard of.
    What is a portal zone you ask?
    I will only give you the tools and let you decide if it is worth figuring out.
    Tom Dongo of Sedona will break it down for you here if you have the time to listen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW70x8xd3T0
    I recommend the Dongo lecture, it is the best of it's kind in my opinion.
    You can look up Skinwalker Ranch information, here is Mike's thread here. https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...inwalker+ranch

I don't mean to contradict your opinion on what is going on, but in my opinion.
    These phenomenon come in two types. Ghosts, and portal traversing ultraterrestrials.
    Portal traversing Ultra-Terrestrials is a very broad category, this phenomenon is usually geographically anchored to a specific area.

Marc Airam has lived in this area all of his life, and he has experienced a lot of weird phenomenon up here, I've tried to get him to join the forum, but no avail.
    There is an area up here known as "The witches triangle". It is an area that forms a triangle between Snowflake, St.Johns and Show Low AZ.
    Marc lived in an area where he was squatting in a house that no one was living in for like ten years.
    Marc and his family have seen Sasquatch in the area even thought there really are no real trees for like five to ten miles.
    You just wouldn't think there would be Sasquatch in this area. And there is one phenomenon that repeats, and I've heard this from multiple witnesses.
    This phenomenon is known as "the witches of concho".
    There is a highway out here known as the Concho highway, and this road is a constant source of stories pertaining to strange accidents.
    The accidents are strange because vehicles seem to just flip over for no reason what so ever.
    Marc Airam has been in two such vehicles that flipped for absolutely no reason and these were both near his house where he was squatting.
    Now here is where it gets weird.
    Marc Airam has stated that there were multiple times on this property where he experienced a form of demonic possession, where people reported actions that took place during times he had no memory. Including very violent and scary episodes.
    There is also an area on a mountain side near this home where Marc Airam stated that there appeared to be ancient brick and steps alongside the mountain, as if there were ancient structures here. Further more he stated there were areas on the ground that always felt warm to the touch, and these place never would have snow accumulate even when the surrounding grounds were completely covered with snow.

My point here is this.
    We lack proper context in most cases to explain this kind of phenomenon, and as such we often turn to the term demonic.
    In this case we often must dig deeper in order to get a proper understanding.
    For the record Marc Airam is fully convinced the area he described to me was haunted by demonic beings, and I've never tried to correct him on this account because I'm more interested in his stories than in creating unnecessary confrontation over the matter.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (5th November 2018), jack (9th September 2017), Jayke (9th September 2017), Matthew (9th September 2017), Mike (9th September 2017), NancyV (5th November 2018), Patient (5th November 2018), PurpleLama (30th January 2019), regnak (9th September 2017), skogvokter (11th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (10th September 2017), Valerie Villars (1st November 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Creepy indeed, but very mild because I don't want to scare you away just yet

This was a great line.
    I laughed and arched my eyebrow with a curious respect when I heard this.
    For the record bro, I respectfully ask you to fire with both barrels when it comes to the extent of your story.

I've been sitting on a good story for a while, and I'll mention it now because it relates with you.
    It has to do with my friend Marc Airam.
    There is a reknown portal area in my neck of the woods. And it is nothing like any portal zone I have ever heard of.
    What is a portal zone you ask?
    I will only give you the tools and let you decide if it is worth figuring out.
    Tom Dongo of Sedona will break it down for you here if you have the time to listen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW70x8xd3T0
    I recommend the Dongo lecture, it is the best of it's kind in my opinion.
    You can look up Skinwalker Ranch information, here is Mike's thread here. https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...inwalker+ranch

I don't mean to contradict your opinion on what is going on, but in my opinion.
    These phenomenon come in two types. Ghosts, and portal traversing ultraterrestrials.
    Portal traversing Ultra-Terrestrials is a very broad category, this phenomenon is usually geographically anchored to a specific area.

Marc Airam has lived in this area all of his life, and he has experienced a lot of weird phenomenon up here, I've tried to get him to join the forum, but no avail.
    There is an area up here known as "The witches triangle". It is an area that forms a triangle between Snowflake, St.Johns and Show Low AZ.
    Marc lived in an area where he was squatting in a house that no one was living in for like ten years.
    Marc and his family have seen Sasquatch in the area even thought there really are no real trees for like five to ten miles.
    You just wouldn't think there would be Sasquatch in this area. And there is one phenomenon that repeats, and I've heard this from multiple witnesses.
    This phenomenon is known as "the witches of concho".
    There is a highway out here known as the Concho highway, and this road is a constant source of stories pertaining to strange accidents.
    The accidents are strange because vehicles seem to just flip over for no reason what so ever.
    Marc Airam has been in two such vehicles that flipped for absolutely no reason and these were both near his house where he was squatting.
    Now here is where it gets weird.
    Marc Airam has stated that there were multiple times on this property where he experienced a form of demonic possession, where people reported actions that took place during times he had no memory. Including very violent and scary episodes.
    There is also an area on a mountain side near this home where Marc Airam stated that there appeared to be ancient brick and steps alongside the mountain, as if there were ancient structures here. Further more he stated there were areas on the ground that always felt warm to the touch, and these place never would have snow accumulate even when the surrounding grounds were completely covered with snow.

My point here is this.
    We lack proper context in most cases to explain this kind of phenomenon, and as such we often turn to the term demonic.
    In this case we often must dig deeper in order to get a proper understanding.
    For the record Marc Airam is fully convinced the area he described to me was haunted by demonic beings, and I've never tried to correct him on this account because I'm more interested in his stories than in creating unnecessary confrontation over the matter.
    Great info DNA thanks for sharing!

My conclusion that these things are demonic come not only from personal experience but also after almost two years of studying thousands of demonic haunting's and also the unfortunate experience of extensively studying satanism and satanic groups. I've found that in a huge portion of the cases where a demonic haunting occurred it turned out upon further investigation that satanic rituals of some kind had taken place on the property at some point in time. This is very common in violent haunting cases and will certainly become noteworthy to anyone studying the topic.

The fact remains that the only thing that seems to resolve these demonic cases is invoking the name of Jesus Christ and keep in mind this is taking into consideration thousands of cases. They care for no other name and are very determined to stay in an area/person once established so the fact that they are forced to obey orders given in the name of Jesus is also very interesting indeed. Its late now but we will carry this on for sure, there's much more information to share on this subject and this has been just a skim off the surface.

God bless!

Jack

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Post:

Angels1981 (27th February 2019), DNA (9th September 2017), NancyV (5th November 2018), regnak (9th September 2017), Valerie Villars (1st November 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 times in 4,313 posts

My conclusion that these things are demonic come not only from personal experience but also after almost two years of studying thousands of demonic haunting's and also the unfortunate experience of extensively studying satanism and satanic groups.

I'm not trying to be a d!ck, but two years is hardly a testament to true studying.
    I've got a thread on the subject here on this forum from 2011.
    It is the lazy student who looks for the quick answer and then simply looks for information to support that answer.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

regnak (9th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (10th September 2017), Valerie Villars (8th November 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Quote The fact remains that the only thing that seems to resolve these demonic cases is invoking the name of Jesus Christ and keep in mind this is taking into consideration thousands of cases. They care for no other name and are very determined to stay in an area/person once established so the fact that they are forced to obey orders given in the name of Jesus is also very interesting indeed. Its late now but we will carry this on for sure, there's much more information to share on this subject and this has been just a skim off the surface.
    I'm glad you've found something that works effectively for you and others Jack.

I'd just like to add that the Buddhist traditions have also found a way to overcome demons, and actually the Buddha didn't just overcome them by getting rid of them, they talk about purifying their karma so that they switch sides and start acting on behalf of the good rather than the malevolent. Even demons can be brought to salvation when a persons samadhi is strong enough it would seem...one of the base ideas of the energetic alchemy traditions is turning lead into gold, negative energy into positive.

Bill Bodhri talks about it more in his book meditation case studies, should you wish to explore an alternate viewpoint further anyway.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

NancyV (5th November 2018), regnak (9th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (10th September 2017), Valerie Villars (1st November 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

I recall a topic from Dylynsdad, that shared some documents, which spoke about, if I recall correctly, about a study that showed that Christians are generally less subject to abductions then others. Unfortunatly the documents are no longer available in the topic.

I was an atheist at first, though later realized there is much in this world I couldn't comprehend, so I decided I had become an agnost. Whenever the subject of believe or religion came up I always went into defense mode. I had read a lot and learned a lot, and though I had it pretty much figured out. Thinking God was kind of a state, or just the way life works, or just life. Jesus to me sounded like something from the past. From a book that was misused by powers in this world for their malign agenda. I didn't trust the bible for one bit. It felt tainted.

My wife fell into illness, we saw many "specialists", though no solution was given. The specialists had no idea and told my wife to just learn to live with her physical pains, that felt like tortures, day after day, night after night, for years. We both were exhausted, physically and mentally. My wife would cry during the night because of the pains.

At some point a friend asked my wife whether she'd ever asked for help from Jesus. My wife knew she hadn't, but she didn't have anything to lose and decided to give it a go. My wife is Peruvian and lives pretty much through her heart. I was brought up more through the head, which often lead to miscommunication and tension between us, because we were speaking different languages. She of the heart and I of the head. At first we were blind for this. The realization of this made our life easier. I was observing from the sideline how my wife started interacting with Jesus and with believing and faith. I was skeptic. My wife invited me to church. I declined many times. But for support I decided to join her, because she said she would really appreciate it if I would accompany her. In a spanish church here in Holland, I saw what I would never have expected. So much emotion in church. Nothing like traditional Dutch church. People praying together for like half an hour, screaming, crying, swearing off evil in the name of Jesus. Pfew, what a drama, is what I thought. Not for me. These people lost it.

While I was keeping a wall between me and faith/religion/believing my wife started beginning to believe strongly. Which for me was fine, as I saw her being happy and her pain was decreasing and we could sleep during the night. Practical right!? However, at some point my wife started talking about dreams and things that were taking place in church sometimes. Where she would feel the energy of something external during prayer, also someone started speaking in tongues (glossolalia, I learned later). Interesting stuff to listen to and I must admit that it caught my attention, as I know my wife not to be of the lying kind.

So I decided to start praying to God, first to just say that I was really happy with my life and that I wanted to thank him for all the lesson I had received sofar, later for my mother who got into a coma after a suicide attempt during one of her psychoses, and more later I started praying on a regular basis. Although the doctors only gave my mother 5% chance to fully recover, she recovered from hypothermia and an overdosis. She was found with a body temperature of 17 degrees Celsius. That alone didn't pull me towards full faith, although I was practicing, because I didn't deny God existing.

It was only when first a Christian friend (Who lives in Finland) of my wife gave me a message, while they were praying, that was personal and which contained information that was crystal clear to me, but made no sense to her or my wife. It was about my family. I had had a diner with my sister (an Atheist) and I wanted to speak about what I had noticed with my wife in regard to believing/faith. I was shocked when she completely froze up, shut her communication door and told me not to continue. Wow. I always though our family was an open minded familiy. But now, when it comes to believing/faith it's is a no-go area. I tried talking to my mother and father, though they also were reluctant to talk about it. I couldn't understand why an open conversation was not possible. And frankly it hurt me, though I moved on. The message that was given to the frind from Finland was, that I was hurting for my family. That at this point they are dead, and that I should pray for them. That when something inside me changed. Because I knew what this was about. My wife and the friend didn't, because I had kept it to myself.

During past summervacation my wife offered me to buy me a book in the Christian bookstore. At first I reacted as I always would:"No, I'm good!", but then thought about the message that came through the friend from Finland. My wife told me that during their prayer, her friend lost control and a spirit took over, that gave the message. The friend excused herself later, saying that she didn't know what happened and that she was sorry. I took that for as I interpret it. There was a good spirit communicating a good message to me. I linked the good spirit to the Holy Spirit, when I was there in the bookstore. And I decided to go with the flow. No more pulling up walls, no more holding back, just go with it. So I picked 2 books about the Holy Spirit and my wife bought them for me.

In the evening I started reading the most basic of the 2. It had some explanations about the Holy Spirit, some references to the bible and some prayers to the Holy Spirit. When reading the prayers, my belly started tingling, which I thought was interesting. The texts gave me inspiration and I decided to pray to the Holy Spirit. During that prayer, a really intense burning/energetic sensation came up from my stomach/belly area up to my heart. My heart felt on fire, and I felt joy, happiness, gratefulness of experiencing the feeling. This was something I had never expected to experience. That night I dreamt that I could call upon the Holy Spirit in the name name of Jesus Christ. Also something I hadn't expected to learn. But it came to me. After that evening, thing got real for me. I am a believer now. There is no doubt in my mind. I was always a skeptic, but not any more. And I don't have the feeling I was searching to find it, but it found me. It came knocking on my door and I decided to open the door and accept whatever is on the other side, as I perceived it to be of good intent.

Many more times I had the Holy Spirit's energy connect with my body and I had other dreams after those connections. One of them was a lesson that I could remove evil spirits from bodies that were not intended for them in the name of Jesus Christ with the power of the Holy Spirit. I had never read of this. Nor did anyone ever tell me that. The information came to me. Because I opened up and explicitly in mmy prayers asked to get more insights, to get a better understanding of the Holy Spirit and of Jesus Christ. Because I didn't know anything, except for all the prejudgemental ideas I had come up with during my lifetime.

I think the most valuable lesson I got was from the spanish community and from my wife. When I saw them praying emotionally and noticed that with them things were happening, that I don't recall from when I was in a Reformed Christian school when I was young. Is that they use their heart for prayer. I had to learn how to use my heart, instead of my head. And I understand now, that without my wife and the Spanish experience, I would have never gotten the insights, that I have now, that for me were like keys into the spirtual experiences. It was after al these experiences that I read the bible and found the following.

Jeremiah 29:12-13 "Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."

And I found this was also true for me, as I know it will be true for so many: John 4:48 "Jesus said to him, “Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will never believe."

Tear down the boundaries, use your heart honestly in prayer, ask with your heart and declare you are willing to believe and receive, if you truly want to know.

Be blessed.

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Angels1981 (27th February 2019), danegeroussacredgeometry (9th September 2017), DNA (9th September 2017), Hazelfern (2nd November 2018), Hervé (9th September 2017), jack (9th September 2017), NancyV (5th November 2018), Orph (9th September 2017), petra (1st November 2018), regnak (9th September 2017), Rich (10th September 2017), Valerie Villars (1st November 2018), XelNaga (30th January 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Slobbe (here)
    I recall a topic from Dylynsdad, that shared some documents, which spoke about, if I recall correctly, about a study that showed that Christians are generally less subject to abductions then others. Unfortunatly the documents are no longer available in the topic.

I was an atheist at first, though later realized there is much in this world I couldn't comprehend, so I decided I had become an agnost. Whenever the subject of believe or religion came up I always went into defense mode. I had read a lot and learned a lot, and though I had it pretty much figured out. Thinking God was kind of a state, or just the way life works, or just life. Jesus to me sounded like something from the past. From a book that was misused by powers in this world for their malign agenda. I didn't trust the bible for one bit. It felt tainted.
    I'm a Christian who doesn't like the bible, often times I want to shake my fist at it. I'd like to thank you for linking this in the other posting.

Quote Posted by Bible
    Jeremiah 29:12-13 "Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."

John 4:48 "Jesus said to him, “Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will never believe."
    Those are some beautiful quotes from Jesus, and I think he's quite right. I remember thinking "We're going to need a miracle"

I used to think I didn't need any help. Not from Jesus, not from God - no one. But then I changed my mind and became open to the idea of help. That's when things began to change for me

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

DNA (6th November 2018), NancyV (5th November 2018), Valerie Villars (8th November 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    I'm a Christian who doesn't like the bible, often times I want to shake my fist at it. I'd like to thank you for linking this in the other posting.

You're very welcome. My pleasure.

What is the reason you shake your fist at the bible often times?

Quote Posted by Bible

John 4:48 "Jesus said to him, “Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will never believe."
    Those are some beautiful quotes from Jesus, and I think he's quite right. I remember thinking "We're going to need a miracle"

I used to think I didn't need any help. Not from Jesus, not from God - no one. But then I changed my mind and became open to the idea of help. That's when things began to change for me
    Small detail: first quote (of Jeremiah) was prophecy through Jeremiah from our spiritual father himself. Verse 10 starts, according to the NKJV "For thus says the Lord:...".

In what context were you thinking "We're going to need a miracle"?

I used to think of them as miracles, though now I understand it just His nature and not our's. He's just able to do stuff we can't, which appears like a miracle, but is just beyond our comprehension. Yesterday my mother-in-law from Peru called saying she was going to have a surgery for "stones" (as the doctor over there had diagnosed). My wife (who has studied Obstetrics and Nutrition) didn't feel good about it and was thinking she would need antibiotics or at least a second opinion in another hospital. I offered to pray on it and asked in prayer whether she'd have the surgery, go to a different city for a second opinion or an antibiotics treatment. As soon as I was thinking of the last option, the Holy Spirit reacted, which I could feel very clearly in my heart. I suggested her mother to just take the antibiotics treatment and finish the treatment. Two years ago I would never have dared to suggest such a thing, but I trust the Holy Spirit for 100%. And knowing the nature of God/The Holy Spirit, I'm not one bit concerned. We will have to wait to see how this will play out. Is it a miracle that the Holy Spirit let me know? No, just knows everything and is not able to communicate falsehoods, as that is not in the nature. That's why I trust.

I would like to thank you also. For sharing your experience. I think that is a crucial part you are mentioning there. Changing the mind. I think a nice quote to relate to your experience would fit well here.
    Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
    This may sound like heavy stuff, but really it is beautiful, as love is the foundation for this. When I decided to personally sacrifice my life in this context, is when I met the Holy Spirit. It is that moment as of where the bible started to make sense. Before that it didn't and I wouldn't touch it really. And it is when I started to learn that the bible is used to bring things into memory for believers. Building believers up gradually under guidance. But it's not limited to the bible. The Holy Spirit uses many different ways to bring things into memory. I will link this experience with a quote from Jesus that relates to this: John 14:26 "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.".
    If you'd like to really learn about the bible, then pray for true insight and you will be guided in learning. I prayed numerous times for different insights. I learned soo much after doing so. The info just came to me.

I can relate to what you say of not needing any help. I used to think doing things my way were fine. No need to change it. I liked doing things my way, and wasn't able to see how not doing it my way would be better. I think different now. By making myself a living sacrifice to God, I joined the body of Christ. This is a body that moves in love. Helping, praying, saving, healing, freeing and much more. And with the help of God, Jesus (in whose name we can perform "miracles" and who prays to God for us) and the Holy Spirit so many wonderful things happen in the lives of people. I think a lot of people dismiss or disregard that too easily. It is not difficult to roam the interwebs and fora and have/share a perspective contrary to Christianity. But real things happen in the lives of many people. And by not searching in reality, one might not ever find true answers to the truth in Christianity. I'm saying it is the truth, because I'm experiencing it fully. And anyone can experience if willing. Ask our spiritual Father for it in personal prayer.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

DNA (6th November 2018), NancyV (5th November 2018), petra (5th November 2018), Valerie Villars (5th November 2018)

35. Link to Post #18
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

I am also making a move back towards god...and the blue book.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

DNA (6th November 2018), NancyV (5th November 2018), petra (5th November 2018), Valerie Villars (6th November 2018), Words of Joy (5th November 2018)

37. Link to Post #19
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Small detail: first quote (of Jeremiah) was prophecy through Jeremiah from our spiritual father himself. Verse 10 starts, according to the NKJV "For thus says the Lord:...".
    Well that's interesting. I had better say that I don't think any of the Bible is from "God himself". It just doesn't make sense, and maybe that's why I get mad at it! People call the Bible the "Word of God", and I feel like I want to slap them with it. Same thing applies to any book claiming to be God's word - it gets instantly rejected my me.

In what context were you thinking "We're going to need a miracle"?
    That's a good question, what context did I even think that?! Well we're in luck, because I remember a good many of my thoughts and their context.

I was actually expecting a miracle when I thought that. My statement was a request, and I felt as if it'd happen immediately. Like... we're overdue for a miracle, and it's time to cash in our miracle. Should have happened long ago type of thing.

No miracles happened, and I was disappointed for a while. But then I realized what happened to me so far WAS a kind of miracle. I was beginning to understand things that I could never grasp before, and I had changed. That's how God works his miracles - through us (and maybe some weird aliens too).

I don't even use that word "miracle" anymore, not really. It insinuates that God is made out of magic, but in my mind God isn't magic at all. Same thing with "immaculate" conception. That word is supposed to mean conceived with love, not conceived by magic.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

DNA (6th November 2018), Ernie Nemeth (5th November 2018), NancyV (5th November 2018), Valerie Villars (5th November 2018), Words of Joy (5th November 2018)

39. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I am also making a move back towards god...and the blue book.
    Interesting Ernie. What made you decide to (for both)?

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

DNA (6th November 2018), Valerie Villars (6th November 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast