+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: Jim Carrey swallowed the red pill

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Default Re: Jim Carrey swallowed the red pill

Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    Enlightenment IMO is a bit of a fairy tale, the only measurement we have IMO is happiness, if s/he is truly happy (not just pretending) then they can claim to be enlightened.
    Beyond happiness and unhappiness there is peace - Eckhart Tolle

"Is there a difference between happiness and inner peace?

Yes. Happiness depends on conditions being perceived as positive; inner peace does not.

Remember that we are not talking about happiness here. For example, when a loved one has just died, or you feel your own death approaching, you cannot be happy. It is impossible. But you can be at peace. There may be sadness and tears, but provided that you have relinquished resistance, underneath the sadness you will feel a deep serenity, a stillness, a sacred presence. This is the emanation of Being, this is inner peace, the good that has no opposite."

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Chester (13th September 2017), EFO (13th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2017), gaiagirl (14th September 2017), greybeard (13th September 2017), Hym (16th September 2017), meeradas (13th September 2017), neutronstar (15th September 2017), Rich (13th September 2017), Stephanie (17th September 2017), uzn (15th September 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    Enlightenment IMO is a bit of a fairy tale, the only measurement we have IMO is happiness, if s/he is truly happy (not just pretending) then they can claim to be enlightened.
    Beyond happiness and unhappiness there is peace - Eckhart Tolle

"Is there a difference between happiness and inner peace?

Yes. Happiness depends on conditions being perceived as positive; inner peace does not.

Remember that we are not talking about happiness here. For example, when a loved one has just died, or you feel your own death approaching, you cannot be happy. It is impossible. But you can be at peace. There may be sadness and tears, but provided that you have relinquished resistance, underneath the sadness you will feel a deep serenity, a stillness, a sacred presence. This is the emanation of Being, this is inner peace, the good that has no opposite."

This is brilliant, Wind. Eckhart Tolle has been one of my "facilitators" and it is from Eckhart Tolle that I obtained the word grouping that points to "that one consciousness" - "the timeless, formless eternal one life."

This is the heart of mystical understandaing and reflects the metaphysical cosmological world view - "monistic idealism"

Quote Monistic idealism holds that consciousness, not matter, is the ground of all being. It is monist because it holds that there is only one type of thing in the universe and idealist because it holds that one thing to be consciousness.
    As greybeard points out and as Tolle points out in the video... Life (as in "the timeless, formless eternal one life") is the dancer and each of us are individuated expressions of that dance.

All of this is not meant to be shared in any way that is meant to "impose" this view. It is meant all and only to help others understand the view. Each expression of the dance is free to decide for themselves what may be true.
    Last edited by Chester; 13th September 2017 at 19:34.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Fellow Aspirant (15th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2017), gaiagirl (14th September 2017), greybeard (13th September 2017), Hym (16th September 2017), Jayke (13th September 2017), Rich (13th September 2017), Stephanie (17th September 2017), Wind (13th September 2017), wondering (14th September 2017)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by Rachel (here)
    Jim Carrey has also stated what I argued against, which is ignoring half the paradox of duality, but don't mind me, I'm just spiritually ignorant...
    There seems to be 2 main spiritual teachings about this "reality";

1. That this world exists as an experience an expression of God, and there is a purpose behind it, this is what Bashar and most non-dual teachers say.
    2. That this world does not exist and is a hallucination, according to ACIM and perhaps a few other teachers, for example Papaji said nothing has ever happened nothing ever will happen, or Ramana who has said ultimately there is no creation.

Whatever the truth may be I think important is the trust that the positive is true and negative is untrue. What reason to have a negative belief unless there is a underlying more negative belief that we think needs to be avoided?

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Chester (13th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2017), gaiagirl (14th September 2017), greybeard (13th September 2017), Innocent Warrior (14th September 2017), Stephanie (17th September 2017), Wind (14th September 2017)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,734 times in 4,314 posts

Quote Posted by Merry Mom (here)
    Yes, I wasn't very impressed. He actually just sounds confused.
    I agree 100%.
    He is coming off like a 19 year old kid who is on a six month pot smoking binge questioning the existential meaning of it all.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Smell the Roses (7th October 2017)

9. Link to Post #45
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

While getting in a lather regarding definitions and terminology and labels, what he is saying and how he says it gets pushed out of the center of the discussion. Does it matter? We are all flawed. I am just listening to what he is saying.

When he says that we don't matter, that is not what he thinks. He is trying to say "None of us matter, to them." Them. The folk or whatever, doing the controlling. He is saying, those in control think that we do not matter. He is telling us because he thinks we do matter, otherwise, why would he bother putting himself out on a limb. (That is not actually a question BTW).

Anyway, thank you Bill. I will will take a look at your links the first chance I have.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

gaiagirl (14th September 2017), Hym (16th September 2017), Innocent Warrior (14th September 2017), Satori (26th September 2017), Wind (14th September 2017)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Can YOU imagine going through the suicide of a loved one? That's something incredibly painful, but spiritually transforming too. Like death and loss is.

Jim expands on his thoughts :
    https://www.wmagazine.com/story/jim-...week-interview

"Whether he knew it or not at the time, a pivotal moment in Carrey’s “journey,” as he called it, was taking on the role of Kaufman in the 1999 film Man on the Moon. “It was about immersing myself in a character or a couple of characters so deeply that I realized that myself, Jim Carrey, was a character as well and something I could push aside at will,” he explained. “So once you know that, you go, ‘Who am I?’”

Carrey’s answer:

“We’re a bunch of ideas cobbled together to look like a form. There’s a body and there’s a mind, but the body is part of the field of consciousness, just dancing for itself and it’s no different than a plant or a chair or your phone—it’s all one thing. Because we are sentient, there’s a consciousness, and we have to deal with this thing we create, like a fortress of ideas around it. So we say, ‘This is my name and this is my heritage and this is my nationality and here’s my hockey team and these are all of the things that I am.’ That’s the mistake.”

So how do we avoid that mistake?

According to Carrey, there’s only one way:

“The only way to it is to step into the river of tears and the sorrows of your life. The things that everyone is avoiding with everything from drugs to drink to sex and gadgets and whatever else you can distract yourself with, all of it is designed for you to never stop going and moving and, for god sakes, not feel the abyss. Don’t allow yourself to feel the abandonment and pain that you’ve suffered. And I’ve done it; I’m through it. I’m sure there will be things that happen again, but I realized that by letting myself fall into it completely, that it’s not to be feared. Death is not to be feared.”

While some are writing off Carrey’s newfound Zen, it’s worth noting that the actor, who’s been open about his struggles with depression, seems to be doing genuinely great. For one, he looked great—gone is the scraggly beard, and he appeared sharp in a Tom Ford leather jacket. “I have no depression in my life whatsoever,” he declared. “I don’t have meds, I don’t have supplements, I don’t have anything. I’ve got a couple of fish oils a day and the rest of it is just good diet and a little bit of exercise and understanding that I don’t exist.”

I commented that the Tom Ford jacket seemed like an odd choice for someone who just described a fashion week event as the “most meaningless thing that [he] could come to.” In response, he likened his appearance to dressing up as a character in a video game: “You don’t have to believe this character exists—it’s a f---ing avatar on the gaming grid! Today I had extra points so I got a cool jacket to dress my avatar in,” he added. “I have cool weapons, too! Cool weapons on the game grid.”

Last edited by Wind; 15th September 2017 at 03:02.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

anandacate (17th September 2017), Bill Ryan (15th September 2017), BlueMoon (22nd September 2017), Chester (15th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th September 2017), greybeard (15th September 2017), Hym (16th September 2017), Justplain (16th September 2017), Stephanie (17th September 2017), Swan (15th September 2017), uzn (15th September 2017)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    after enlightenment everything carries on the same as before, the difference being there is no claim to be the doer.
    Hence the well known Chopping wood, fetching water ---statement---which is more or less what Jim Carrey has said---nothing to be feared.

"Event happen
    deeds are done
    there is no doer there of."

Jim Carrey did not claim enlightenment, I said he was --the signs are there. by their fruits you will know them.
    I accept I may have been a little quick too state he is enlightened. May be so.

No enlightened person ever said that the non enlightened do not matter--just that they are unaware of their true nature.
    From their perspective everyone is enlightened just not aware.

Ch

The head of enlightenment is so much different than the heart of it.

Talking about the concepts of enlightenment does not mean anything at all. Having the concepts right is the prime indication that the essence is missed in it's entirety.
    In my view there does not exist a thing as enlightenment. Because if you in the state of total immersion, you are not wondering and thinking about it all anymore. It just is as you are wholly infused with life, the rest is just nonsense. It's all subjective and a matter of experience.

I don't feel it Jim, to me it feels like a mental trip with a lot of confusion.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joey For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th September 2017), greybeard (15th September 2017), Rich (15th September 2017)

15. Link to Post #48
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Assumptions are made--by me.
    Who can say for sure.
    I always come back to Tim's opening post.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post456904

There is no subject nor object--this is beyond mind---intellect

C
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Chester (17th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th September 2017), Hym (16th September 2017), Wind (15th September 2017)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by Joey (here)
    The head of enlightenment is so much different than the heart of it.

Talking about the concepts of enlightenment does not mean anything at all. Having the concepts right is the prime indication that the essence is missed in it's entirety.
    Also, words are something we made up, language is an invention.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th September 2017), greybeard (15th September 2017), Hym (16th September 2017), Wind (15th September 2017)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Living "in the moment" seems to be what this is about. Having lived most of my entire life within a certain narrowminded belief system....I was never living "in the moment", it was simply doing what had to be done. I guess one could say "like a robot"....or, I might call them my Zombie Years! Perhaps I'm way off topic here? I guess it depends on what one's definition of "enlightenment" is!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

greybeard (15th September 2017), Hym (16th September 2017), Rich (15th September 2017)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,042 times in 911 posts

Unbound is the infinite nature of Being, yet the entrainment of words binds attention to the illusion that they can free anyone or that they have anything close to the true value of being.

Within the Knowing is it's opposite, the No-ing, telling us that the truth within speech is something always present that Lives Beyond Words...
    Words seeded by masters of illusion, the ones called creators.
    Funny that those creators were unaware that the words they twisted would be unbound
    By Us,
    to free us,
    By our own arrangements, suiting our truths and our rights to No all of the truth.
    The real No-ing lives transcending the trance of words, with it's own meanings and intent...

Within the No-ing is the suggestion to the totality of our soul's awareness that there is the Yes that is beyond a guess,

Connected to the temporal body's guest that is guided within the quest for meaning and purpose,
    Constantly prompting the loving light that is within all things....Yes Is

It is the Naa-ing upon the ever, the eternal....
    Alive in it's own presents, constantly unwrapping.....
    to end up in the endlessness, without end or beginning, constantly a-knew, alive in the No-ing.

We apply the pressure of the Locks within the body centers
    to travel
    beyond the loke,
    held deep below
    in the underwater cavern holding the soul.

It is always the forever time to go up to the surface and breathe in that deep and giving breath that connects us deeper and deeper to the timeless, beyond the mythical monster of the ness, the need planted within the seed...

to be beyond the binding knot that drives one not to be,
    the time needed to release the awareness from the bonds that hold it,
    without any true agreement, or fully aware beyond the bully of fear, held too dear by the smell of it's own enticing fragrance....

It is only the lack of self acceptance that you have been trained to accept, as the life that has been yours to hold on to and hold onto it you must in order to realize the gift of eternity.
    Awareness lives most alive in the letting go that has held on to the precious addiction of time.....

You are as alive as you want to be,
    unbound by words and thoughts.....
    Last edited by Hym; 15th September 2017 at 16:46.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th September 2017), greybeard (15th September 2017)

23. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,667 times in 638 posts

Jim Carrey Addresses His Existential Interview At NYFW

Worth listening to in full and checking out the comments section. The amount of interest it has stirred gives pause for thought.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

anandacate (17th September 2017), Chester (17th September 2017), greybeard (16th September 2017), Hym (16th September 2017), Rich (15th September 2017), uzn (16th September 2017), Virilis (16th September 2017), Wind (15th September 2017)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

I believe that Mr. Tolle specifically describes the time of his personal 'enlightenment' was when he stopped identifying with his little 'me' self. In the following days/weeks he experienced a flushing of psychological baggage, both emotional and mental. Another person who described a similar happening was the recently departed Wayne Wirs. There seems to be a significant change in the person's outlook, they are no longer trapped into identifying with their body, or personality, or possessions, or status, etc.

Personally, watching Mr. Carey's speech to the MUM graduating class, i am convinced he has had a similar experience to that of Tolle's and Wirs'. He no longer identifies himself with his personality or possessions or status. He may enjoy experiencing some those things, but he recognizes he isnt those things. Some of the clips above in this thread could be confusing to this point, but if you watch the MUM speach, in addition to the golden globe speech, one can see he definitely understands this.

What total enlightenment is is a good question. Some who have attained a very expanded consciousness have been known to have clairvoyance, etc. I think expanded consciousness is an honorable goal, its just not something that fits the description boxes of our intellects. And this is a journey we continue on with life after life.
    Last edited by Justplain; 16th September 2017 at 00:27.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

greybeard (16th September 2017), Hym (16th September 2017), sunwings (16th September 2017), Valerie Villars (1st April 2018), Wind (16th September 2017)

27. Link to Post #54
    Australia Avalon Member Virilis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by starlight (here)
    https://youtu.be/-JmNKGfFj7w

The MSM dubbed this red carpet interview "bizarre"

Most of us here on PA will totally get what he's preaching. He seems to have awakened and really grasp the idea of reality. I love his attitude about celebrity "icons" - we need more people to think like that.

I found his last statement the most intriguing: "Its not our world. Thats the key. We don't matter... we don't matter."

Take that as you will, but I think this guy may know some things. I'd love to have tea and chat with the guy
    The paradox of consciousness trying to quantify and ascribe value to an ineffable Reality of which it is itself a part....

Thanks for posting that enjoyable Carrey interview starlight. I hope you also invite Timothy "Speed" Levitch to that afternoon tea and chat session. The iguana will bite those who do not Dream!

"On this bridge," Lorca warns, "life is not a dream. Beware. And beware. And beware." And so many think because Then happened, Now isn't. But didn't I mention the ongoing "wow" is happening right now? We are all co-authors of this dancing exuberance where even our inabilities are having a roast. We are the authors of ourselves, co-authoring a gigantic Dostoevsky novel, starring clowns. This entire thing we're involved with called the world, is an opportunity to exhibit how exciting alienation can be. Life is a matter of a miracle that is collected over time by moments, flabbergasted to be in each other's presence. The world is an exam to see if we can rise into direct experience. Our eyesight is here as a test to see if we can see beyond it. Matter is here as a test for our curiosity. Doubt is here as an exam for our vitality. Thomas Mann wrote that he would rather participate in life than write 100 stories. Giacometti was once run down by a car, and he recalled falling into a lucid faint, a sudden exhilaration, as he realized that at last something was happening to him. An assumption develops that you cannot understand life and live life simultaneously. I do not agree entirely. Which is to say I do not exactly disagree. I would say that life understood is life lived. But the paradoxes bug me, and I can learn to love and make love to the paradoxes that bug me. And on really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion. Before you drift off, don't forget. Which is to say, remember. Because remembering is so much more a psychotic activity than forgetting. Lorca, in that same poem said that the iguana will bite those who do not dream. And as one realizes that one is a dream figure in another person's dream, that is self awareness."

And then, sometimes, a tiny iridescent ray of sunshine breaks through and momentarily lifts the fog....WE CAN DANCE IF WE WANT TO!
    Last edited by Virilis; 16th September 2017 at 09:14.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Virilis For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (16th September 2017), greybeard (16th September 2017), Hym (16th September 2017), Justplain (17th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (4th October 2017)

29. Link to Post #55
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

"A huge number of people are going through the process of awakening,
    some in the early stages, some in later stages.
    and its wonderful to see."

Thats a Eckhart Tolle quote and Jim Carrey followed the teaching of Eckhart.

Who knows what is going on--one can but hope.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Chester (17th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (16th September 2017), Hym (16th September 2017), Justplain (17th September 2017), Matthew (16th September 2017), Rich (16th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (4th October 2017), uzn (16th September 2017), Wind (16th September 2017)

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,667 times in 638 posts

More Jim Carrey quotes

We’re a bunch of ideas cobbled together to look like a form. There’s a body and there’s a mind, but the body is part of the field of consciousness, just dancing for itself and it’s no different than a plant or a chair or your phone—it’s all one thing. Because we are sentient, there’s a consciousness, and we have to deal with this thing we create, like a fortress of ideas around it. So we say, ‘This is my name and this is my heritage and this is my nationality and here’s my hockey team and these are all of the things that I am.’ That’s the mistake.

When asked how we avoid this mistake, he had this to say:

The only way to it is to step into the river of tears and the sorrows of your life. The things that everyone is avoiding with everything from drugs to drink to sex and gadgets and whatever else you can distract yourself with, all of it is designed for you to never stop going and moving and, for god sakes, not feel the abyss. Don’t allow yourself to feel the abandonment and pain that you’ve suffered. And I’ve done it; I’m through it. I’m sure there will be things that happen again, but I realized that by letting myself fall into it completely, that it’s not to be feared. Death is not to be feared.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/...ople-thinking/

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Chester (17th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (17th September 2017), greybeard (17th September 2017), Hym (17th September 2017), Justplain (17th September 2017)

33. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sunwings (here)
    Jim Carrey Addresses His Existential Interview At NYFW

At 1:20

“…it’s about not taking it personally…”
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (17th September 2017), greybeard (17th September 2017)

35. Link to Post #58
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    "A huge number of people are going through the process of awakening,
    some in the early stages, some in later stages.
    and its wonderful to see."

Thats a Eckhart Tolle quote and Jim Carrey followed the teaching of Eckhart.

Who knows what is going on--one can but hope.

Chris

You follow your feelings,
    you follow your dreams
    You follow the leader
    into the trees

And what's in there waiting,
    neither one of us knows
    You gotta keep one eye open
    the further you go

You never dreamed
    you'd go down on one knee,
    but now

Who could have seen,
    you'd be so hard to please
    somehow

You feel like a poor boy,
    a long way from home
    You're just a poor boy,
    a long way from home

(Chorus)
    And it's wake up time
    Time to open your eyes
    And rise and shine

You spend your life dreaming,
    running 'round in a trance
    You hang out forever
    and still miss the dance

And if you get lucky,
    you might find someone
    To help you get over
    the pain that will come

Yeah, you were so cool
    back in high school,
    what happened

You were so sure
    not to have your
    spirits dampened

But you're just a poor boy
    alone in this world
    You're just a poor boy
    alone in this world

(Chorus)
    And it's wake up time
    Time to open your eyes
    And rise and shine

Well, if he gets lucky,
    a boy finds a girl
    To help him to shoulder
    the pain in this world

And if you follow
    your feelings
    And you follow
    your dreams
    You might find the forest
    there in the trees

Yeah, you'll be alright,
    it's just gonna take time,
    but now

Who could have seen
    you'd be so hard to please
    somehow

You're just a poor boy
    a long way from home
    You're just a poor boy
    a long way from home

(Chorus)
    'Cause it's wake up time
    It's time to open your eyes
    And rise and shine
    Last edited by Chester; 4th October 2017 at 21:15.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (17th September 2017), greybeard (17th September 2017), Hym (17th September 2017)

37. Link to Post #59
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,192 times in 4,071 posts

Howard Stern chats with Jim Carrey June 2017 (53 mins long)

Jim Carrey on Howard Stern (06/13/2017)

38. Link to Post #60
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 496 posts

- ha ha !

Viagra have made an effiicient pr. campaign as the "blue pill" ?

;- )
    Last edited by noxon medem; 25th September 2017 at 19:37.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to noxon medem For This Post:

Matthew (25th September 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast