Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hemp/Cannabis and all about it

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,612 times in 5,382 posts

Default Re: Hemp/Cannabis and all about it

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...ales-1.4298311

The above is an article about marijuana legalization in Ontario, Canada.

It shows how out of touch the bureaucrats are about the pot industry as it stands today. Those that consume marijuana in its current illegal capacity are not going to spend more for pot than they are now spending. And that price point is well below the $10/gram price point the bureaucrats are spouting.

For example: my price point per gram for my most recent purchase, of a quality the buraucrats can only wish for, cost me $2.80/gram! That's right, an ounce for $100!
    The oil, which will not even be part of legalization, cost more: $11/gram.

My point is that government, since it is a group of uncreative, parasitic, authority-hungry, unproductive, greedy, ivory-tower neophytes, will screw up this initiative just like they make a disaster out of everything they touch.

The black market won't even take a hit; they will keep on like they always have. And the true masters of pot, the ones that did the research, learned the trade, and mastered the crossing of strains to produce some of the greatest weed on earth have not been consulted - like usual the ones that know the most are exactly the ones the government ignores as if they don't even exist!

Shame on the government for its monetization of marijuana. It is a crime to make pot an expensive, merely recreational stimulant when it is so obviously more than that.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Blacklight43 (21st September 2017), Bruno (22nd September 2017), Bubu (21st September 2017), Chip (11th May 2019), DeDukshyn (11th May 2019), Domp4547 (22nd September 2017), petra (4th May 2018), Reinhard (21st September 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,268 times in 2,725 posts

As is the case here the experts are the ones who have never been there and done that.

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

There are other important issues with legalization.

For one, policing and upholding pot laws. Marijuana cannot be tested for levels of saturation, unlike alcohol. This means that the litmus test that will be used to test for the presence of marijuana in the system can only give a positive or negative reading. It cannot tell the level of impairment. Couple that with the proposed standard 3-day suspension and $500 fine and we have a great potential for unjust verdicts. Refusal to submit to swabbing will result in the driver's car being confiscated, double the fine and one month in jail! Sound fair? You might not have smoked since the night before or even the morning before but residuals in the saliva would still register a positive reading! If you don't agree to be tested you get thrown in jail, we don't even do that to drunks. Or you might have to go to the nearest clinic for a blood test.

The repercussions for selling without a license will result in severe penalties still to be hammered out, but even here there is a major issue. Since the public will be allowed to grow their own dope, many citizens will routinely have large quantities of processed cannabis in their possession, about 8 ounces (one plant can produce about 4 ounces, average, maximum yield depends on season and strain, 16 ounces plus can be attained). Most dealers have less quantity on hand, around 4 ounces for a small time dude. How will the police know who is selling and who merely has just their own legal harvest on hand?

The other consideration is exactly what is the effect of marijuana? Does it impair function like alcohol so obviously does? Is it safe to assume the worst and over-regulate to err on the side of caution? This is the fed's stance. Especially in the states where cannabis is a class A substance along with heroine and angel dust. Even cocaine is rated lower there. So where are the comprehensive studies to support their assumption. And while we're at it where are the numerous health benefit studies? Should a beneficial substance like cannabis be monetized and withheld from mass consumption due to income?

The way the feds are going about all this seems to be to trivialize the great beneficial effects of cannabis to both physical and psychological health. That is of major concern. Marijuana is not just a recreational drug, it is an inexpensive miracle health supplement and should be treated as such. Emphasis on inexpensive. Toss some seeds out the window of your car into the ditch in spring and come back in early fall to a half dozen mature plants ready for harvest! That is how easily cannabis grows. It is a weed - like dandelions here in North America, they cannot be stopped because they are marvellously adaptable and extremely hardy plants. But like the dairy market, they aim to control the production and then control the price.

Finally, consumables. The consumable market is a contentious issue as it crosses into the jurisdiction of health Canada, a very powerful and influential arm of government. So for now consumables are off the table along with other derivatives like oil, hash and crystal. Many people cannot smoke marijuana for various reasons, and a safe alternative in a consumable form would serve those folks well. In many cases these are the very people that cannabis could help with the alleviation of symptoms and even a return to a healthful state. It is also useful for those that are wasting away from disease as it improves overall mood, reduces nausea and increases appetite. It is imperative to keep the overall price down if for no other reason than this.

As it stands today, the legalization of marijuana is merely a cash grab from those with the means to afford it and a psi-op to discredit or trivialize the health advantages of this already marginalized plant.

As my friend says, "What do you care, you have access to the best dope on the planet - from anywhere on the planet?" He's right. It won't affect me in the least. But I am a product of this society and I feel it is my duty to at least try and help make clear and rational decisions based on the good of all.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Alekahn2 (11th May 2019), Bruno (22nd September 2017), DeDukshyn (11th May 2019), raregem (4th May 2018), Reinhard (21st September 2017)

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

Hemp/Cannabis is a revolutionary solution to so many things. It is a testament to the corruption of the world that it is illegal. It is a miracle plant, I use it every day for many purposes.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Blacklight43 (21st September 2017), BlueMoon (22nd September 2017), Bruno (22nd September 2017), DeDukshyn (11th May 2019), East Sun (21st September 2017), Ernie Nemeth (21st September 2017), Justplain (22nd September 2017), petra (4th May 2018), raregem (4th May 2018), Reinhard (21st September 2017), Tam (10th May 2019)

8. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Blacklight43's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,901 times in 245 posts

Medical use cannabis has been legal here in California since 1996. I never gave it a thought until I hurt my back and was in a wheel chair for nearly a month before having surgery. I am extremely sensitive to chemicals and mostly to pharmaceuticals. I couldn't handle the side effects of all the drugs pushed on me in the hospital, even refusing some. It was recommended I try MMJ. I got a referral and was issued a license to use and grow. It was a miracle! I was able to sleep through the night without pain! It has been basically my only medicine for a little over 2 years now.

When it was put to a vote to legalize it for adult use I voted NO because I didn't want my meds to be taxed! So now in order to avoid paying tax on my meds I grow it. I was blessed with the cannabis growers bible for Christmas last year and have really gotten an education about the many strains and uses and effects of the sacred plant.

With trial and error over the past 2 years I finally figured out my proper dose for daytime pain and night time pain. My error a few times was taking too much and having to just wait out the over dose...whew! sure glad it isn't lethal. I don't like being high. Apparently my brain isn't wired for being high. So my go to for daytime is Harlequin which is high CBD, low THC. At night I use a blend of both. I grow and make my own medicine. I have had to buy from my dispensary several times but since I live on Social Security I can't afford to buy what I need for maintenance.

At the moment I am growing in my yard. I can't afford to grow indoors under lights. Now my city officials think they can ban outdoor growing (we'll see about that) and they want to have everyone who does grow to be inspected on a regular basis(we'll see about that too) I'll not have "officials" trekking in and out of my personal domain to check on my crops! I guess I'm feeling my personal liberties diminishing by the day! I don't like being told what I can and cannot do on my own private property.

This is my longest rant on this forum so I'll stop here.

P.S. the only way I see changes being made in this area is if we make them ourselves...which I am doing on a personal basis.
    Last edited by Blacklight43; 21st September 2017 at 23:33. Reason: spelling error

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blacklight43 For This Post:

Alekahn2 (11th May 2019), Bruno (22nd September 2017), Chip (11th May 2019), DeDukshyn (11th May 2019), Ernie Nemeth (21st September 2017), Joe Sustaire (27th September 2017), Justplain (22nd September 2017), Omni (22nd September 2017), raregem (4th May 2018)

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Not sure I did this right. The truth is out there and needs to get to the public. Start the video from the beginning. It is a terrific interview with Rick Simpson.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blacklight43 For This Post:

BlueMoon (22nd September 2017), Bruno (22nd September 2017), Ernie Nemeth (23rd September 2017), Omni (22nd September 2017), Star Tsar (23rd September 2017)

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Rick Simpson is a genuine hero

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Alekahn2 (11th May 2019), Blacklight43 (23rd September 2017), Chip (11th May 2019), DeDukshyn (11th May 2019), Krist (11th May 2019), Omni (23rd September 2017), raregem (4th May 2018)

14. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Rick Simpson is a genuine hero
    Yes in my book too!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blacklight43 For This Post:

DeDukshyn (11th May 2019), Ernie Nemeth (23rd September 2017), Omni (23rd September 2017), raregem (4th May 2018)

16. Link to Post #29
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I look at smoking cannabis from another perspective. I like smoking it like described on https://cannasos.com/news/cannabis-1...the-difference. The best thing about it is that you can do it anywhere.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrBlack420 For This Post:

petra (4th May 2018), raregem (4th May 2018), shaberon (4th May 2018)

18. Link to Post #30
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Ha ha, I had no idea joints, spliffs and blunts are not the same thing.... :D Thanks MrBlack420 with the 420 in your name

I read something about marijuana killing cancer cells a while back, and mentioned that to my friend - he said "kills brain cells too!" and I laughed. I don't think so, ha ha. We both smoke, but I don't think it's killing our brains.

There's been a bit of interesting research in regard to blindness too, I just can't find any of the articles I am thinking of. This one stood out to me though because of the animal testing: http://naturalsociety.com/new-study-...nts-blindness/

Here's a snort snip from the middle of the article:

Quote Over a study period of 90 days, the rats treated with HU210 experienced far less damage to their photoreceptors. As a matter of fact, they had 40 percent more of these light sensors left in their eyes when compared with the untreated rats. In addition, the rats treated with the synthetic cannabinoid had “improved connectivity between photoreceptors and their postsynaptic neurons,”—the neurons that receive and process the light signals.

Although the researchers could not identify how the cannabinoid worked and stressed more research is needed, they did say their findings were promising.
    Last edited by petra; 4th May 2018 at 15:47.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

shaberon (4th May 2018)

20. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,010 times in 4,058 posts

Quote Posted by BlueMoon (here)

Some of the "doctors" in Slovenia became suddenly very interested in helping patients with their hemp extracts. You need a prescription and you need to buy it at a pharmacy, of course. One of their arguments against growing your own plants was "One does not go into nature and gather some poisonous herb (which can be used as medicine) and makes medicine out of it, because it's dangerous! Same with hemp! You need a professional to tell you how to use such plants". Sounds great!
    I know that was a doctor's advice, but there are plenty of those, generally called "Baneful Herbs". A common one being Poke Weed. A not-so-well-known one, the eye doctors use to dilate your pupils--I'll let you guess what that is. Even Poison Ivy is used in Homeopathy, which is nothing other than repeated dilutions.

They are dangerous, but don't require a professional. Many modern medicines are these plants sent through further and further modifications. Valium and lots of anti-depressants are an imitation of Valerian, which is very safe and non-addictive.

Nothing in cannabis is particularly poisonous that I can think of. There could be a one in a million allergy, as some believe that Bruce Lee was allergic, but more people are allergic to peanuts. In some places you cannot bring a peanut butter sandwich for lunch at school. Too dangerous, not handled by a professional.

Bitters (edible) are for digestion, such as Gentian, main ingredient in the old Moxy.

Blunts are fairly disgusting, I can't see the attraction, and that could arguably be sort of bad for you.

21. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,539 times in 20,693 posts

The worst destruction I saw caused by drugs was from LSD, speed and downers.
    I think a lot of the pot smoking was the result of unconscious attempts to heal the damage done by the stronger, manmade drugs.
    And of course, we all know now that the CIA was doing a great job of pushing a lot of people to the brink, and then making sure there were plenty of drugs for them to take once they went over the edge.
    Each breath a gift...

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (10th May 2019), Franny (10th May 2019), Garlic (9th May 2019), Sunny-side-up (10th May 2019)

23. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,034 times in 786 posts

My understanding is that plant medicines are best used with guidance from wisdom keepers, they are not to be "played" with. They are not "recreational".
    It is called "drug abuse" for a reason.....perhaps some are balanced and wise enough to explore independently......but Shamanic and Traditional Knowledge is not getting stoned out of your gourd. It is supposed to be purposeful and intentional....and not a daily thing.

Perhaps others have a better understanding than I do.....but I tend to believe they are medicinal and not toys for idiot stoners to play with....

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Bubu (10th May 2019), Garlic (10th May 2019), Sunny-side-up (10th May 2019)

25. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

The dangers of cannabis is no different than the dangers of driving a car. Learn first before you drive. Start with a question "what is cannabis". Its much better than a car if you know how to use it but is also more dangerous if you dont.

From someone who had been there. Dont take more than one deep puff each day. Hold your breath as long as you can. But before you do so think of the things and people that makes you happy, in other words put your self in a place of calm and good energy. Cannabis is an enhancer it enhances you or the state in where you are including fear and anger You can use cannabis everyday if you stick with this dosage and get the benefits. If you lost the high then its time to pass. Never increase dosage or you are on your downward spiral because an increase will lead to another increase and another then you realize its become a burden and not an asset. But I dont think its addictive. Addiction comes with the person. Its not difficult to stop. Just focus your energy on many things just anything. When I stopped after 3 months of doing 3 puffs or more each day I have to do a looott of exercise. The good thing is that I became physically fit.

Cannabis is medicinal on all aspects of man. Mind, emotion and physical. As per my experience. I am my mentor I seek my own wisdom. But of course its much better to learn from someone who have been there and done that. Thats why i am sharing my experience. Its just that I dont find a mentor in our place. Cannabis is illegal in our place. At least to those who dont know how to use it and create problems.

Cureus is correct dont venture into it if youre not balance. Unless you have a mentor watching over you.
    Last edited by Bubu; 10th May 2019 at 05:50.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Garlic (10th May 2019)

27. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

4 things:
    1st,
    the world is full of people who wan't it all for them selves, complete with those who go along with them.

2nd,
    what do you mean by Cannabis?
    In my day there was many levels of strength, most of which no longer exist as far as I hear.
    mainly left with high strength 'Skunk's'
    I experienced a lot of cannabis in my day.
    I used it on an shamanic type path, as a mind opener, doing daily (day long breathing exercises)

3rd,
    Cannabis is a truly remarkable plant, if used wisely.

4rd,
    Don't smoke it, it really damages your lungs O/0
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

28. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    4 things:
    1st,

4rd,
    apparently not mine. I can still hold out my breath with men half my age. Today we worked 6 hours under the sun at 34 to 40C ambient no break my son 20 yo is visibly tired losing his alertness and stealing some shades. But be careful though if you think your lungs is fragile. The thing about exercise is it strengthens you or whatever part of you. punishment is exercise overdone. So exercise depends really on individual condition. I'll say dont baby yourself or your body, its not going to reach its full potential if you do. smoking strengthen my lungs.

simply saying that smoking damage you lungs is wrong. Because it depends on what kind of lungs you have.

By the way we did a roof job.
    Last edited by Bubu; 10th May 2019 at 08:46.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Blacklight43 (10th May 2019), Matt P (10th May 2019)

30. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,455 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)

4rd,
    Its certainly not great for your lungs, but it is nothing like smoking tobacco in any stretch of the imagination. I used to smoke tobacco so I have compared them, and cannabis doesn't do near the damage commercial cigarettes do. Again I'm not saying its good, but as far as smoking substances go, Cannabis probably ranks one of the safest. My lungs 100% cleared up and got back to good health after quitting tobacco but continuing to use cannabis (mind you I'v never smoked 20 joints in a day before so qty probably has a little to do with it )

I do smoke it but don't smoke it in a joint or pipe or vaporizer - I have a very efficient method that allows you to get the substance without having to burn very much at all.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Krist (11th May 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2