+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The "Korean War", Part II. Will there be war between the US and North Korea?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,630 times in 21,529 posts

Default The "Korean War", Part II. Will there be war between the US and North Korea?

This week, with
    1. the war mongering speech by US President Trump at the United Nations, and with
    2. the announcement that Trump has signed a new Executive Order increasing the economic and financial sanctions against North Korea (and against anyone banking or trading with North Korea),
    it seems increasingly likely to me that that the Drums of War are sounding once again, this time anticipating a resumption of the "United Nations Police Action" (aka the Korean War) that has been suspended since the armistice signed 27 July 1953.

I will begin this thread with a few posts, each focusing on various aspects of this situation, primarily relating to North Korea.

In sum, I anticipate that there will be war, involving at least North Korea and the United States, both economic and military, resulting in:
    • a global economic depression,
    • tragic loss of human life on a large scale, including due to atomic bombs,
    • the end of the century of the "exceptional" American Empire,
    • the end of the global dominance of the US Military-Intelligence hegemony,
    • the end of the US Petro-Dollar based world monetary system,
    • the rise of China, Russia, and other Eurasian powers,
    • the rise of distributed blockchain ledgers, replacing critical internal corporate databases,
    • dramatic changes in our physics, astronomy, health, and other sciences,
    • dramatic changes in robotics, 3D printing, transportation, energy and other technologies,
    • the extension of human civilization out into the solar system and beyond, and
    • the rise of a New World Monetary and Political order.
    My key focus in this thread will be on the potential for a resumption of the Korean War, in some form, though I am sure I won't be able to resist tying these other potentials into the discussion at times.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 22nd September 2017 at 01:54.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (22nd September 2017), Bruno (25th September 2017), Bubu (22nd September 2017), DNA (22nd September 2017), enigma3 (24th September 2017), Fellow Aspirant (24th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), ghostrider (22nd September 2017), Harley (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (22nd September 2017), Kryztian (22nd September 2017), Marikins (24th September 2017), Nasu (22nd September 2017), onevoice (22nd September 2017), RedSun88 (24th September 2017), seko (22nd September 2017), william r sanford72 (23rd September 2017), wnlight (22nd September 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: The "Korean War", Part II. Will there be war between the US and North Korea?

While discussing another matter (something to do with Corey Goode) with a couple of forum members, it occurred to me that such controversies were distractions of relatively small importance, compared to some of the bigger issues facing humanity.

I wrote to them (somewhat edited here) the following:
    By stirring up such controversies "they" (the elite bastards) are both distracting and dividing us. Those of us who do "see too much" can be isolated, marginalized and suppressed.

The cynical tin-foil-hat conspiracy theory nut case that enjoys a permanent residence in my mind figures that another Major false flag event, with the shock and awe of Pearl Harbor or 9/11, will kick off a global convulsion leading to the collapse and discrediting of pretty much those now prominent in Donald Trump's administration - the New York (and Deutsche Bank) bankers, the Zionists, the Anglo-American Military, the regime toppling CIA, the Bush-Clinton-Obama crime syndicate, and the Drug Lords (both narco's and big pharma). Not all of anyone one of these groups will fall ... but some within each group will have to "walk the plank" (a long walk on a short plank over shark infested waters.) The century of the Anglo-American empire and of King Dollar will come to a tragic ending.

Being in Trump's cabinet (his various Cabinet Secretary's) will be risking going down in the official history book as a great failure.

After listening to Trump's war mongering speech before the United Nations a day or two ago ... my best guess as to what will be the Tragic False Flag that sets off this round of regime change in Washington will involve North Korea, many deaths, and either some nuclear explosions over major cities and/or massive deaths on the Korean peninsula after a resumption of the Korean War that has been on hold since the early 1950's. A shocked world will call out for a more effective global control of nuclear weapons. A shocked America will find their loyalty to various political wings and politicians is totally trashed. A shocked world will be plunged into economic collapse and call out for a more effective global financial, economic, monetary system.

I recall reading somewhere (not sure the reliability of this claim) that China has said that they would support North Korea if the US attacked first, but that they would stand down if North Korea attacked first and then would let the US "defend itself". Given that it seems that every war that America has engaged in, back to and including the "French and Indian War" of the mid-1700's, before the United States was even formed as a nation, has been a false flag or otherwise justified on false pretenses, such a declaration by China is practically an invitation to the war mongering Anglo-Americans in Washington to stage another major false flag, blaming North Korea. If China then exposed the false flag, they would be quite justified in backing North Korea, or even if China appeared to remain silent, it may have sufficiently advanced electronics warfare that it could ensure a catastrophic American failure, marking the end of the Anglo-American empire, falling in disgrace and weakness.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (22nd September 2017), Bruno (25th September 2017), DNA (22nd September 2017), East Sun (16th October 2017), Fellow Aspirant (24th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), Harley (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (22nd September 2017), Marikins (24th September 2017), Nasu (22nd September 2017), Reinhard (22nd September 2017), uzn (22nd September 2017), wnlight (22nd September 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: The "Korean War", Part II. Will there be war between the US and North Korea?

Then a few hours later, I followed up the previous comments with these additional comments:
    Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    After listening to Trump's war mongering speech before the United Nations a day or two ago ... my best guess as to what will be the Tragic False Flag that sets off this round of regime change in Washington will involve North Korea
    With the very stringent and broad reaching sanctions, in an executive order signed today by Trump, the risk of war between North Korea and the US just escalated.

These sanctions are spelled out in this Zerohedge article: "Choose North Korea Or The US": White House Releases Details On Latest N.Korean Sanctions.

For example, any ship that has been in a North Korea port in the last half year may not enter a US port, and any ship that has engaged in ship-to-ship transfers with any such forbidden ship is also forbidden. No financial institution that engages in or facilitates in any trade or financial activity with North Korea may engage in any such activity in the US.

If and when this executive order is enforced, which I expect will be essentially immediately, this will ban major Russian financial institutions from (the US controlled) SWIFT, the current mechanism for inter-bank transfers world wide.

Trumps UN speech, and these sanctions, in my view, mean war, both the mass casualty kind and the economic/financial/monetary kind.

For example, these sanctions will further expedite the development of the Chinese/Russian alternative international financial systems, such as the Chinese Cross-Border Interbank Payment System (CIPS). That is exactly as intended. These are the next steps in preparing for a New World Monetary system, in terminating the Anglo-American empire, in terminating the US Petro-Dollar world monetary system, in lowering the US to second or third world status, and in doing so without Americans going into some sort of out of control revolt.

===

tl;dr -- I find both Trump's UN speech and the above linked US sanctions against North Korean financial and trade activity to be brutal. I figure that this means war in the not too distant future, leading to the decline and fall of the American Empire and of the US Petro-Dollar world monetary system.

Just remember: The next "Day that shall live in infamy" (as US President FDR described the Japanese Dec 7, 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor), will almost certainly be another false flag, as have been so many others before.

===

P.S. -- One last item: I just finished a half year long project to order all the spare computer parts that I could afford and might need in the next few years, that are made in South Korea (especially) or in other Far Eastern nations such as Taiwan, China, Japan, or Thailand. Prices and availability for some of the parts I ordered earlier in the year have already risen (prices) or fallen (availability), and I won't be surprised to see this get far worse in the next few years. I placed an order earlier today for some more Samsung (South Korean) computer memory.

If there is anything you need spares of, from Korea, and can afford to get now, I would get it.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 22nd September 2017 at 01:54.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (22nd September 2017), Bruno (25th September 2017), DNA (22nd September 2017), enigma3 (24th September 2017), Fellow Aspirant (24th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), Harley (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (22nd September 2017), Marikins (24th September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017), Nasu (22nd September 2017), Reinhard (22nd September 2017), syrwong (22nd September 2017), william r sanford72 (23rd September 2017), wnlight (22nd September 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

No sooner than I had posted the original version of previous post, than I noticed that Treasury Secretary Mnuchin had held a Press Conference, on the matter of these new US sanctions against North Korea.

In a follow-up to the further sanctions against North Korea in Trump's new Executive Order, US Secretary of Treasury Mnuchin held a short press conference, which can be seen starting at the 31:11 mark in the following video.

Mnuchin's focus, as Treasury Secretary, is on barring international banking system access and/or seizing assets of any bank in any country that "facilitates Kim Jong-Un's destructive behaviour".

Other aspects of these new sanctions, involving stopping ships that also visited North Korea would fall on the US Coast Guard, operating under the authority of the US Navy, which is the responsibility of the Department of Defense, not the responsibility of Mnuchin's Treasury Department. So Mnuchin was only speaking to half of the new sanctions, involving financial sanctions, not to the other half of the sanctions, involving interdicting shipping.

As Ken over at RedefiningGod.com points out, keeping any nation from trading oil with North Korea, by keeping North Korea from paying for that oil with either trade or money, places an unacceptable strangle hold on North Korea. This is just how the US provoked Pearl Harbor, to start its participation in World War II ... by keeping Japan from paying for oil, forcing Japan's hand.

This means war, in my view, within the year.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (22nd September 2017), Bruno (25th September 2017), DNA (22nd September 2017), Fellow Aspirant (24th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), Harley (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (22nd September 2017), Marikins (24th September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017), Nasu (23rd September 2017), syrwong (22nd September 2017), william r sanford72 (23rd September 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Two days ago, in a quick note to another friend, I was already anticipating an increased risk of a new Korean war.

Here's what I wrote to that friend, then:

Quote The following article describes the US vs North Korea situation well, in my view:

UN Security Council Resolution 2375 On North Korea: Preparation For War?

This article concludes by saying:
    One can only hope that Russia and China will take a stand against any continuation of this vicious spiral.

I agree with that conclusion. Either Russia and China stand against this escalation by the US,
    or history repeats itself, as it has in so many other cases since World War II, resulting in the US
    bring democracy destruction to a nation.
    So ... in the space of a week, we have
    1. United Nations Security Council Resolution 2375,
    2. US President Trump's warmongering first speech at the United Nations, and
    3. a rather brutal escalation of economic and financial sanctions against North Korea,
    all intended it seems to starve North Korea into submission.

As Russia's President Putin noted (see here) a couple of weeks ago:
    North Korea's Kim Jong Un would have his people "eat grass" before giving up his nuclear weapons and ballistic missile programs.
    This is the primary modus operandi by which the American Empire instigates war, as we've seen too many times already.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 22nd September 2017 at 01:22.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (22nd September 2017), Bruno (25th September 2017), DNA (22nd September 2017), enigma3 (24th September 2017), Fellow Aspirant (24th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), Harley (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (22nd September 2017), Marikins (24th September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017), Nasu (23rd September 2017), Reinhard (22nd September 2017), syrwong (22nd September 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

As Brandon Smith (one of the best commentators that I know of) observed in his article Federal Reserve Will Continue Cutting Economic Life Support, while he expects "a geopolitical distraction — the most likely candidate being increasing conflict with North Korea", we should "not be fooled by the magic show. The real threat to us all is the central banking and international banking apparatus."

In other words, the elite are once again overhauling our power and monetary structure. Part of how they normally do this involves provoking wars.

I would not entirely call this resumption of a Korean War that I am anticipating just a distraction, however. Rather the global political and military power structure is also undergoing change, and the American Empire, in my estimation, is being provoked into one too many wars, this time against enemies that it cannot dominate. Thus shall the sun set on the American Empire, and the power center of the world shall move once again, this time "eastward" to Russia and China, but with a more regional, multi-lateral appearance, and a more pervasive global bond underneath the regional institutions.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (22nd September 2017), Bruno (25th September 2017), DNA (22nd September 2017), enigma3 (24th September 2017), Fellow Aspirant (24th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), Harley (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (22nd September 2017), Marikins (24th September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017), Nasu (23rd September 2017), syrwong (22nd September 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,268 times in 2,725 posts

And North Korea is adding fuel to it.

"Sound of a dog barking’: North Korea ridicules Trump threat"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-trump-threat.

The fact that Russia has already positioned its military, zapad drill. speaks volume of how serious is the situation. I believe I have mentioned this on my previous thread.

Meanwhile more and more nations are expressing disgust over the puppet government. latest I knew is venezuela which together with Iran express strong words against the puppet gov. Turkey had just turned to Russia despite being member of NATO. Theresa May has taken to media to join the rebuking. Their cover have been remove they can no longer behind lies at the same time their military is quickly losing its advantage as more tech are born from other the side and more nations are siding on the other side. Its a desperate last effort to maintain control which would call for desperate actions. Interesting times ahead. I've been vocal about this for awhile and I am sure others are feeling the same.

Your anticipations however may happen only if enough people is left. As I have mentioned a number of times. The "goal is reset", that is to reduce the number of population to an easily controllable limit. Even Putin when ask said "No one would survive such a war". However as I see it the cabal been taken by surprise to the extent of tech the other side have develop discreetly so they are considering it very carefully as it seems that they themselves has nowhere to hide.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

avid (22nd September 2017), Bruno (25th September 2017), DNA (22nd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), Harley (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (22nd September 2017), Marikins (24th September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017), Nasu (23rd September 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Your anticipations however may happen only if enough people is left. As I have mentioned a number of times. The "goal is reset", that is to reduce the number of population to an easily controllable limit. Even Putin when ask said "No one would survive such a war". However as I see it the cabal been taken by surprise to the extent of tech the other side have develop discreetly so they are considering it very carefully as it seems that they themselves has nowhere to hide.
    I do not expect the elite bastards to blow up most of the planet ... just another city or two, as they did at the end of World War II.

They still need this planet as their home base.

It doesn't take many "dramatic" deaths to create immense fear ... for example only about 3000 died on 9/11 of 2001, but that event echo'd around the world for years.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (22nd September 2017), Bruno (25th September 2017), DNA (22nd September 2017), Fellow Aspirant (24th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), Harley (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (22nd September 2017), Marikins (24th September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017), Nasu (23rd September 2017), seko (22nd September 2017), skogvokter (23rd September 2017), william r sanford72 (23rd September 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Harley's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 times in 1,378 posts

Nice write-up Paul!

Yes the US has been trying to goad North Korea into attacking first and this latest round of serious saber-rattling and sanctions just may be pretty close to the final nail. And I also agree that we should expect to see a major False Flag event to finally kick it off. As a matter of fact, for the past week or so I've been expecting to wake up to this any day now.

The US has been moving Tactical Nukes to the Korean border for the past several days now. These are smaller nukes, better known to most civilians as "Bunker Busters", and they will be used mainly for taking out North Korea's front-line offensive strongholds and other nuclear facilities. The Tactical "Battlefield" Nukes are much smaller (by many times) than the Strategic Nukes but they are still never-the less Nuclear.

And for those of you who believe the US can't shoot down missiles ('because if they could why haven't they already done it?'), very simply put, it's because they didn't want to show their hand to their enemies. A lot of people are going to be very surprised and even shocked to see what comes out of the skies (WTC included a Functional Test of only one of these capabilities).

But even with all that I expect the US will Blow It's Mighty Wad and then eventually fall into Third World Status. Just like Paul said, it's all about economics. And that's what WWIII is going to be fought over.

Bad times are not coming, they are already here. Most of us just haven't woken up to it yet.
    Harley

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Harley For This Post:

avid (22nd September 2017), Bruno (25th September 2017), Bubu (22nd September 2017), DNA (22nd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (22nd September 2017), Marikins (24th September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017), Nasu (23rd September 2017), syrwong (22nd September 2017), ThePythonicCow (22nd September 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    I do not expect the elite bastards to blow up most of the planet ... just another city or two, as they did at the end of World War II.

They still need this planet as their home base.

It doesn't take many "dramatic" deaths to create immense fear ... for example only about 3000 died on 9/11 of 2001, but that event echo'd around the world for years.
    Its an entirely different situation now that a number of countries have develop more powerful WMD. Blowing one city can quickly and most probably turn into a mass casualty. N Korea itself has enough on its arsenal and besides China and Russia wont allow it. Because doing so will signal to other countries that they are on the mercy of the cabal which can only result to submission to cabal and the cycle repeats.
    With their cover (lies) totally expose means that with China and Russia standing their ground for other nations more and more nations will go the other side and they will eventually be left with nothing. For example Turkeys purchase from Russia signals the end of NATO alliance. If one country can do it why not others. I dont think they are going to blow up this planet as well. What they wanted is to eliminate the Russia and China threat which seems to be growing by the day and they need to act quickly before the threat turns the other side.
    On another note sanctions is not going to work as China and Russia guarantees the flow of goods to N Korea. So you see why N Korea is ridiculing Trump. As mentioned by Harley they are trying to goad N Korea to do the first strike and by the ridicule it seems to be not working. It's either they concede defeat or take drastic action.

http://www.wearethemighty.com/intern...zen.yandex.com

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bruno (25th September 2017), DNA (22nd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

The strange thing , the war is a cease fire... a zone separates South Korea with U.S. allies, and the other side is North Korea... it seems every time the paper money needs shoring up, the maniacs start a war ...I think it will escalate to combat...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Bruno (22nd September 2017), Bubu (22nd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), Marikins (24th September 2017), Nasu (23rd September 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

Personally, I think China wants an all out war, and this will give the excuse.
    No bueno as far as I'm concerned.
    I do not want a war with China.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bruno (22nd September 2017), Bubu (22nd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (23rd September 2017), Marikins (24th September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017), Nasu (23rd September 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Personally, I think China wants an all out war, and this will give the excuse.
    No bueno as far as I'm concerned.
    I do not want a war with China.
    Yes but if you look at history China is mostly engage in economic war. look how they conquered much of the worlds commerce. On the other the other power is always engage in military war.
    when someone attacks somebody and suddenly stops at the doorstep means they are reluctant to attack this is because they failed to drag the allies into it, thus the ceasefire. What I am seeing here is they dont have the capacity on the other hand China and Russia may have that but is concerned of lost of life. This bastards dont have that concern so if they are capable they would have done already. I think N Korea is correct its like the "dog barking but the marching goes on". China Russian Iran Turkey and probably India: On the other side the allies have express their unwillingness to cooperate perhaps they have gotten tired of being use as war pawns. its game over probably some desperate move but I dont see the bastards winning.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bruno (22nd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Breaking news, announced 14 hours ago:
    China's central bank tells banks to stop doing business with North Korea:
    ===========
    BEIJING/HONG KONG (Reuters) - China’s central bank has told banks to strictly implement United Nations sanctions against North Korea, four sources told Reuters, amid U.S. concerns that Beijing has not been tough enough over Pyongyang’s repeated nuclear tests.

Tensions between the United States and North Korea have ratcheted up after the sixth and most powerful nuclear test conducted by Pyongyang on Sept. 3 prompted the United Nations Security Council to impose further sanctions last week.

Chinese banks have come under scrutiny for their role as a conduit for funds flowing to and from China’s increasingly isolated neighbor.

The sources said banks were told to stop providing financial services to new North Korean customers and to wind down loans with existing customers, following tighter sanctions against Pyongyang by the United Nations.

The sources said lenders were asked to fully implement United Nations sanctions against North Korea and were warned of the economic losses and reputational risks if they did not do so.
    ===========

The news story continues with more details at the above link.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bruno (22nd September 2017), DNA (26th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (22nd September 2017), Lettherebelight (22nd September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017), Nasu (23rd September 2017), Reinhard (22nd September 2017)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

And ... here's Kim Jong-Un's response, from the Financial Times:

===========
    North Korea threatens to detonate H-bomb in Pacific

Kim Jong Un says US will ‘pay dearly’ for Donald Trump insults

Kim Jong Un making his statement regarding Donald Trump's address to the UN © Reuters

September 22, 2017 by Demetri Sevastopulo in Washington and Katrina Manson in New York

North Korea has threatened to detonate a hydrogen bomb in the Pacific, after Kim Jong Un warned that Donald Trump would “pay dearly” for his threat this week to “totally destroy” North Korea if America was forced to defend itself and its allies.

Ri Yong Ho, the North Korean foreign minister, told reporters in New York on Thursday that Mr Kim’s earlier warning of the “highest level of hardline countermeasure in history” could mean a hydrogen bomb such as the one Pyongyang said it tested on September 3, according to South Korean media.

“It could be the most powerful detonation of an H-bomb in the Pacific,” Mr Ri was quoted as saying by Yonhap, the South Korean news agency. “We have no idea about what actions could be taken as it will be ordered by leader Kim Jong Un.”
    ===========

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

DNA (26th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (22nd September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017), Nasu (23rd September 2017), Reinhard (22nd September 2017)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

I wouldn't trust any news from the associated press on the matter...Reuters, financial times etc...they all speak from the same mouthpiece.

The key distinction in the article of China's statements is that the central banks have told their customers not to deal with 'new Korean customers', the work around the sanctions for the Chinese is that they can still do business with existing Chinese business men in the area.

The day after Trumps UN speech non-other than Hillary Clinton came back on the scene promoting her new book, calling Trumps speech 'Dark and Dangerous'. If anything I consider the speech writers to be setting Trump up for an impeachment rather than actually pushing for a ww3 scenario. Building on the Trump is 'literally Hitler' meme that was pushed before the US elections.

I still don't think direct military escalation will occur...but the end of american exceptionalism has definitely begun...

https://journal-neo.org/2017/09/21/e...o-cheer-about/

Even After Sanctions, North Korea has a Lot to Cheer About

Quote In nutshell, both Russia and China have limited themselves to a measured application of diplomatic pressure, which explicitly includes, apart from other things, stability in Pyongyang, no regime change, no drastic alteration of the geopolitical chessboard and no massive refugee crisis.

Within this seemingly agreed framework of action, there is little to no scope for the US and its allies in the region to manufacture a scenario whereby the North Korean regime can be overthrown. Let’s not also forget here that the Sino-Russia duo was forced to make this aspect clear because of Nikki Haley’s remark that the US would act alone if Kim’s regime didn’t stop testing missiles and bombs. These remarks were followed by Chinese foreign ministry’s statement that said that “The peninsula issue must be resolved peacefully. The military solution has no way out. China will not allow conflict or war on the peninsula.” Already, Russia’s Vladimir Putin had warned that a “cutting off the oil supply to North Korea may harm people in hospitals or other ordinary citizens.”

With two of the most important aspects of the US policy vis-à-vis North Korea thus getting rejected, the passage of UNSC resolution and imposition of sanctions hardly reflect the power that the US claims to have as a global power. On the contrary, the fact that the US had to reframe its resolution due to opposition from both China and Russia does strongly reflect the influence this duo has come to enjoy in the international arena.

In simple words, sanctions imposed through a unanimously imposed resolution of the UNSC do none of the originally drafted resolution by the US representative Nikki Haley. This failure has been followed by a ‘warning’ from President Trump, who threated to impose sanctions on Chinese banks if they didn’t follow the UNSC sanctions. However, this step, if ever taken, will only make matters worse for the US. Qualitatively speaking, sanctions of Chinese banks will allow the North Korean issue to quietly slip to the background and create a new global tussle. The Chinese are aware of this seeming eventuality and are already preparing to counter it. According to some reports, China is expected shortly to launch a crude oil futures contract priced in yuan and convertible into gold in what analysts say could be a game-changer for the industry. This framework would allow the US sanctioned countries, such as Russia and Iran, to circumvent US sanctions by trading in yuan. While this programme is part of China’s attempts to reduce the dominance the US dollar enjoys in the commodities market, it also signifies that by opening deals in Yuan, China is moving towards creating a separate economic space, which cannot be hit by US sanctions.

While this move will certainly trigger a sort of ‘trade-war’ between the US and China, in the long run it will turn out to be the central most piece of multipolar world China as well as Russia have been trying to build as it will allow them to follow more independent policy paths vis-à-vis issues such as North Korean nuclear crisis.

That Russia and China are not going to allow the US to pursue its hegemonic impulses against North Korea is also evident from the way Russia is moving towards integration rather than isolation and ultimate overthrow of North Korean regime. In Vladivostok, Russia’ Putin went out of his way to defuse military tension and warn that stepping beyond sanctions would be an “invitation to the graveyard.” Instead, he proposed integration through business. Putin’s plan found its manifestation through a trilateral trade platform, crucially involving Pyongyang, Seoul and Moscow, to ultimately invest in connectivity between the whole Korean peninsula and the Russian Far East.

While a North Korean delegation was present in Vladivostok and expressed its broader agreement on the connectivity programme, what certainly becomes clear is that Russian and Chinese policy vis-à-vis Korea is fundamentally different from that of the US. And, therein lies a point of relief and a point to reflect on for North Korea on the possibility of fighting sanctions through integration in the Russia-China led Eurasian connectivity.

Salman Rafi Sheikh, research-analyst of International Relations and Pakistan’s foreign and domestic affairs, exclusively for the online magazine “New Eastern Outlook”.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Bruno (22nd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (22nd September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017), muxfolder (22nd September 2017), Nasu (23rd September 2017), Reinhard (22nd September 2017), Tintin (22nd September 2017)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    I wouldn't trust any news from the associated press on the matter...Reuters, financial times etc...they all speak from the same mouthpiece.

The key distinction in the article of China's statements is that the central banks have told their customers not to deal with 'new Korean customers', the work around the sanctions for the Chinese is that they can still do business with existing Chinese business men in the area.
    You apparently stopped reading too soon.

The above article says:
    Quote The sources said banks were told to stop providing financial services to new North Korean customers and to wind down loans with existing customers, following tighter sanctions against Pyongyang by the United Nations.

The sources said lenders were asked to fully implement United Nations sanctions against North Korea and were warned of the economic losses and reputational risks if they did not do so.
    I underlined other key parts of this news article that you might want to read.

(And if you don't trust any such news article, how come you quote part of it as evidence for your hypothesis <grin>?)

Here's another source for this news - from Donald Trump himself:

Beginning at the 1:18 mark in this video, Trump states:
    Quote ... and I'm very proud to tell you that, as you may have just heard moments ago, China, their central bank has told their other banks, that's a massive banking system, to immediately stop doing business with North Korea. This just happened, just reported.
    ===

My take on this latest news:
    I'm more optimistic now. Someone I was reading this week (I forget where now) made the point that China would likely want to include South Korea in its One Belt, One Road Asian infrastructure network. However the best way to do that would involve connecting South Korea's industry with the major railroad network that China is leading the development of, across the Eurasian continent. That could only be done by running the railroad through what is now North Korea, which stands between South Korea and the rest of Asia.

So China might actually desire to bring North Korea into their Asian business alliances, without destroying either North or South Korea in the process. This probably means that China would prefer to remove the young, hothead North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un, who happens to be a major fan of Dennis Rodman (an older retired NBA basketball star known for his aggressive rebounding), but who (Kim) is not well suited by age, experience or temperament to lead a nuclear nation.
    I would not be surprised to learn that there are some real backroom negotiations going on, between the older, more powerful, North Korean military leaders "behind the throne", with the Chinese and others, to find a good way, beneficial to them, to over throw Kim Jong-Un.

The North Korean "palace politics" could be quite turbulent and dangerous right now.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bruno (22nd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (22nd September 2017), KiwiElf (22nd September 2017), Lettherebelight (22nd September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017), Nasu (23rd September 2017), Wind (23rd September 2017)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I'm more optimistic now.
    Well, that optimism was short lived.

In the next open tab in my browser I found this talk, "Echoes of World War I", given last week by James Corbett to the Open Mind Conference in Copenhagen, Denmark:

In this talk, Corbett draws an extensive analogy between
    1. World War I, a deliberately "engineered" (Corbett's term) war between two alliances of nations, led by Great Britain and Germany, respectively, and
    2. what he sees as a buildup now in progress to a World War III, between two alliances of nations, led by the US and China, respectively.
    In short, while the conflict involving North Korea may (or may not) be finessed without immense blood shed, the greater conflict between the US and China may well prove more intractable.

Those in control of the US military might and empire will surely not stand down easily.

It's a fine speech by Corbett - well worth a listen if you can spare the hour.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bruno (22nd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (23rd September 2017), Marikins (24th September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017), Nasu (23rd September 2017), Reinhard (22nd September 2017)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Back to the more immediate problem at hand, here are more details of Kim Jong-Un's response to Trump's threads, from the less than trustworthy Washington Post, in an article entitled Trump imposes new sanctions on North Korea; Kim says he will ‘tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire’, which reads in part:

===========
    Kim on Thursday reacted angrily to Trump's remarks and actions this week, calling the president a “mentally deranged U.S. dotard” and Trump's earlier speech at the U.N. “unprecedented rude nonsense.” Kim said that he was now thinking hard about how to respond.

“I will make the man holding the prerogative of the supreme command in the U.S. pay dearly for his speech,” Kim said in a statement released by the official Korean Central News Agency, which also published a photo of the North Korean leader sitting at his desk holding a piece of paper.

“I am now thinking hard about what response he could have expected when he allowed such eccentric words to trip off his tongue. Whatever Trump might have expected, he will face results beyond his expectation,” Kim said, saying that he would “tame” Trump “with fire.”

South Korea’s Yonhap News Agency reported Thursday night that the North’s foreign minister, Ri Yong Ho, said in New York that his country may test a hydrogen bomb in the Pacific Ocean to fulfill Kim’s vow to take the “highest-level” action against the United States. “It could be the most powerful detonation of an H-bomb in the Pacific,” Ri said. “We have no idea about what actions could be taken as it will be ordered by leader Kim Jong Un.”
    ===========

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bruno (22nd September 2017), DNA (26th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (22nd September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017), Nasu (23rd September 2017), Reinhard (22nd September 2017)

39. Link to Post #20
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,898 times in 15,481 posts

© Theo Moudakis / The Toronto Star
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 22nd September 2017 at 20:36.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bruno (22nd September 2017), Callista (22nd September 2017), Ewan (22nd September 2017), Jayke (22nd September 2017), justntime2learn (23rd September 2017), KiwiElf (22nd September 2017), Michelle Marie (23rd September 2017), Nasu (23rd September 2017), Wind (23rd September 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast