+ Reply to Thread

Thread: strange shadow unexplained?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,550 times in 5,657 posts

Default strange shadow unexplained?

Please go to the 2:30 minute mark and help to explain this one. It might be a small bug on the camera or waterdrop but also might be an object shadow in the sky???

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Cidersomerset (24th September 2017), EFO (25th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th September 2017), Mercedes (24th September 2017), Michelle Marie (24th September 2017), raregem (24th September 2017), Rawhide68 (24th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (24th September 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: strange shadow unexplained?

If you think of an extremely out of focus object -- it fits. If you consider that an object would have to be completely out of focus range - as in, the subject of the video image is distant scenery - to move out of the focal plane something would have to be extremely close to the lens. If we consider that something that close to the lens would have to be very small, insect or arachnid fits the bill perfectly.

99.999% confident it's something on the camera lens -- note how the object obscures cloud detail luminance -- a shadow from behind the cloud would not do that.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 24th September 2017 at 01:35.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Cidersomerset (24th September 2017), fourty-two (25th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th September 2017), Kristin (24th September 2017), Michelle Marie (24th September 2017), mojo (24th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (24th September 2017), uzn (24th September 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Default Re: strange shadow unexplained?

I've seen similar here in South London, day and night.
    At night iv'e seen light patches that don't seen to be natural (I know that clouds can supposedly be self luminescent) I've even considered light coming up from ground/city features, but quite a lot don't fit the bill. There are often moving beams shining up from the ground, so i'm not fooled by them

Who knows what really goes on behind/above them clouds.

In a place where I used to live I used to see a really freaky scene. In early evening on days where low cloud was present, I used to see the image of a window oping in the sky ).o
    I investigated and found it to be a house window that was open in the evening, said wind used to be in direct line of car headlights while they where waiting at traffic lights
    as cars moved off the image would change as if opening and closing.

So keep watching them sky's.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Cidersomerset (24th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th September 2017), Michelle Marie (24th September 2017), mojo (24th September 2017)

+ Reply to Thread