+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 작은 피기 doesn't understand beauty

1. Link to Post #21
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Default Re: 작은 피기 doesn't understand beauty

Philippines president says Kim is ‘playing with dangerous toys’ ahead of meeting of Association of South East Asian Nations in Manila and calls him a "chubby fool" (read 'lil piggie' in other dialects).

Duterte lambasts North Korea's Kim Jong-un for nuclear ambitions - Rodrigo Duterte, has described North Korean leader Kim Jong-un as a “fool” and a “son of a bitch”.

Quote “That chubby face that looks kind. That son of a bitch. If he commits a mistake, the far east will become an arid land. It must be stopped, this nuclear war.

“A limited confrontation and it blows up here, I will tell you, the fallout can deplete the soil, the resources and I don’t know what will happen..
    and

"It was not the first time Duterte has criticised Kim over his nuclear ambitions. In April he questioned his sanity and urged the United States to show restraint and not be baited by a man who “wants to end the world”.

ref: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...lear-ambitions

Duterte appears to be quite right - damage from an EMP or from fallout, or worse could harm this beautiful country, fishing, farming..

2. Link to Post #22
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Papua New Guinea -

"Wokabaut is “tok pisin” or Papua New Guinea “pidgen” english for “journey”."

After a south Pacific airburst nuclear detonation by NKorea one may not be able to safely "wokabaut" around the islands any more..

3. Link to Post #23
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Palau' would be affected too by a nuclear air-burst detonation by NKorea -

"Palau's president Tommy Remengesau has signed the UN treaty on the prohibition of nuclear weapons."

Fiji, Samoa, Tuvalu and Kiribati are among the other Pacific Island nations who have signed.

"Mr Remengesau encouraged all world leaders to accede to the treaty.

"Taking into account the recent actions by North Korea we must take seriously the long term need to ban nuclear weapons," said Mr Remengesau.

Remengesau also condemned North Korea's threats against Guam describing them as intimidation of the entire Pacific region.

4. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Looks like I best clarify... I made the following post (above) -

Quote Posted by Sammy (here)
    They are truly beautiful... thanks Bob. I was thrown off though by bobme and then I thought about another bob and wow man...

But there is truly only one Bob... (Skype me bro)... Sam
    Later, I received the following "visitor message" from bobme - (here)

Quote oSammy, if you wish to talk to me personally, let me know. You know how to contact me, I presume. I do not wish to show your ignorance for all to see. You post anything you want . I have no probem with that. But if you do not like what I post, do not act like you are more knowlegable on thread. Understand me, do not assume. Thank you.
    Because the visitor message is public to those who could see my profile page, I decided to post my PM reply to bobme which was as follows -

Quote Hi bobme,

I don't think I know who you are. Until I read the post that I responded to I had never seen the poster name bobme.

You may not be aware but over the years there's been several poster's named bob or a derivation of. There was a well known poster here named "another Bob" (I swear! haha) and my comment was stimulated by a thread started by my friend, Bob, and then suddenly a response by bobme and so I was first thinking he asked for his user name to be changed and yet then I saw Bob's name was still bob...

So I am just writing you to share that so you would realize I didn't mean anything negative or harmful in my benign comment.

Take Care
    Sammy
    I was concerned bobme had misunderstood my statement "I was thrown off though by bobme." To make sure no one draws a false conclusion, what I meant be "thrown off" was that I originally thought Bob had changed his user name. I then remembered "another bob" (who was a prolific poster from the past) and realized bobme was not Bob.

Hopefully this clarifies what seems might have been interpreted in a way I did not mean, a way that was taken antagonistically. Apologies Bob and bobme.

Now back to topic.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (25th September 2017)

6. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

Just as an observer, i agree that it would be a travesty to detonate a hydrogen bomb over the beautiful Pacific ocean. Secondly, it is important to put into context as to why this could happen. Also, it should also be included in the context of similar harm that has been done to the region historically, deliberate or not, including fukoshima and other nuclear tests done by militaries of various nations.

The conclusion from the above assessment has to be that:

1) the Earth is wonderously beautiful place
    2) people who toy with weapons of mass destruction havent matured enough to be considered responsible

Until these people become more responsible, on all sides, the world will continue to have unnecessary tragedies.

I believe that the bottom line is that only common people, en masse, can change this foolishness.
    Last edited by Justplain; 25th September 2017 at 22:56.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Bob (25th September 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2