Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: Corey Goode and Bentinho Massaro: Buyer Beware alert

1. Link to Post #21
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 times in 216 posts

Default Re: Corey Goode and Bentinho Massaro: Buyer Beware alert

Quote Posted by Praxis (here)
    I didnt know about this person before this thread.

Now that I know about this person, I dont care and will go back to not caring about this person(which is easier when you dont know about them).

It seems that making this thread did nothing but just make me know about some dude I dont care about and also since he is now in my awareness he is winning.
    Why exactly are you warning us about someone we, at least I, didnt even know exists?

You are aware that this entire thread is actually just helping spread his message. By posting this guy, you are spreading his ideas. Why?
    Totally & definitely agreed.

And claiming that "we have to expose these dark agenda blablabla" is one way of saying "you are not capable enough to understand darkness from light, you have no discernment of protecting yourself from sociopaths, here let me show you the way".

This guy was someone I didnt know existed before this thread & still has no importance for me. But here we are making a thread about him and talking & talking & talking... WTF indeed??

2. Link to Post #22
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    i thought it was a pretty good presentation.

i didnt find the guy to be manipulative or anything. he just kinda regurgitated a whole bunch of stuff we've all read or heard before and made a coherent talk out of it.

he was pretty insightful. well spoken. clearly smart.

decent show.

one thing that was kinda interesting was when he appeared to lump in Corey's blue chickens with the 5d manipulators he discussed in the beginning of the chat. wonder how the "insiders insider" felt about that one.

unfortunately in our community, when it comes to views on these "alt" media figures it seems youre either regarded as a mindless "follower" or a curmudgeony cynic. but there are quite a few of us who aren't so polarized, and have nuanced opinions. neither side can tolerate this however, and the mindless followers will accuse you of being a curmudgeony cynic, and the curmudgeony cynics will accuse you of being a mindless follower. they need you to be on a *team*. it infuriates them that they can't tag and label you; they can't hold nuance in their atrophied minds, so they just assign you a label anyway...no matter how many times you declare you don't wholeheartedly identify with either side...*because they need a clear target to direct their frustrations at*.

when i see a demonstration like this, it confuses me that folks can have such definitive opinions on things that seem so inherently nebulous. im beginning to despise this word, but i spose people get "triggered". i dunno. i likely wouldn't attend any of his talks, nor buy any of his books, but i kind of enjoyed his talk and fail to see how he might qualify as a sociopath, or some kind of malevolent manipulator. i'm a practical, feet on the ground type of guy, but i still reserve some space in myself for this type of stuff. and viewed from this space, i thought the guy was alright.
    Appreciate the objective (and personal) commentary Mike, (and others) – it’s vital that healthy debate on this, or any topic, is balanced.

The point is to encourage deeper investigation and research into Massaro and Goode, (as well as all Spiritual Leaders), by never taking everything they say on blind faith because of their ability to deliver an attractive sermon.

To also equally question and investigate the information provided by critics with the view to at least doing this before personally investing time, money and sanity to these individuals; let alone promoting them to other people who trust your judgments. Then we can provide a “duty of care” to our communities when sharing.

Holding nuance in one’s mind is ironically why this thread exists. My interpretation differs from yours though. Massaro is a master of nuance which is why he has a considerable following. He throws in an evolving mish mash of spiritual/cosmic themes (which now includes ET Disclosure) and applies nuance to capture his audience. (And if you spend enough time investigating him you will identify that he is always manipulating and testing the waters of his audience by engaging with “Don’t you agree? Wouldn’t you agree?”)

Unfortunately it is well proven that people can dangerously only hold onto the bits (the nuance) they resonate with whilst ignoring, forgiving, and discarding the rest.
    Which is why Massaro and Goode’s nuance is the perfect trap.

The potential for individuals and communities to be seduced into cults is not speculation. IT IS FACT. We have enormous volumes of information at our disposal to help us try to prevent the tragedy of these situations happening at the outset by at least considering the warning signs before taking another step down an ominous path; whether it’s for oneself, a family member, friend, or general community.

There is nothing nebulous about this; unless one is only viewing this from a “me” perspective which can disincline an individual from doing further research. And if that “me” perspective is objective enough to not invest, not care, not be bothered with, then all well and good.
    And for the “me” perspective that scans this news and finds it intrusive and offensive to their “me sphere”, so be it.

“Taking sides and needing to be on a team”: hmm well when it comes to happening upon wolves in sheep clothing that meet me head on in the community I choose to engage with, then yeah, I will put my hand up to take a protective side aimed at preventing sinister tricksters from preying on good hearted people. This is my choice. It is not for everyone.

Hoping I have been clear enough to clarify that this is so far removed, that it doesn’t even hit in the ballpark, for being about “finding a target to direct frustration at”.

Cheers

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Inaiá (13th December 2017), Joe from the Carolinas (27th September 2017), Mike (26th September 2017), Wind (26th September 2017)

4. Link to Post #23
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Feritciva (here)

Now that I know about this person, I dont care and will go back to not caring about this person(which is easier when you dont know about them).

It seems that making this thread did nothing but just make me know about some dude I dont care about and also since he is now in my awareness he is winning.
    Why exactly are you warning us about someone we, at least I, didnt even know exists?

You are aware that this entire thread is actually just helping spread his message. By posting this guy, you are spreading his ideas. Why?

And claiming that "we have to expose these dark agenda blablabla" is one way of saying "you are not capable enough to understand darkness from light, you have no discernment of protecting yourself from sociopaths, here let me show you the way".

This guy was someone I didnt know existed before this thread & still has no importance for me. But here we are making a thread about him and talking & talking & talking... WTF indeed??
    Yes how sad we still don’t live in a world yet where we don’t need to have these conversations.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Chester (26th September 2017)

6. Link to Post #24
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

[...]
    [...]

Nothing to see here... move along...

Anyway, what that Massaro guy is doing, in cahoot with Goode, is recruiting "like-minded" people... that's an army of psychopaths... you know... like the cops shooting dead weaponless and compliant grannies, etc...
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Chester (26th September 2017), findingneo (22nd October 2017), Foxie Loxie (26th September 2017), uzn (26th September 2017)

8. Link to Post #25
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 times in 216 posts

Hilarious! So you're the only ones who are enlightened and NOT stick your heads into sand.

OK moving on. Nothing to see for me here indeed - except some inflated egos..

9. Link to Post #26
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks

Hilarious! So you're the only ones who are enlightened and NOT stick your heads into sand.

OK moving on. Nothing to see for me here indeed - except some inflated egos..
    On the contrary. I’ve been burnt through naivety many times. But I’ve come to learn to pay attention to this old proverb:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

findingneo (22nd October 2017), Hervé (26th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (26th September 2017), Wind (26th September 2017)

11. Link to Post #27
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Knowledge protects: Learn the attack methods of the dark triad personalities

Darius Cikanavicius Psych Central
    Sun, 24 Sep 2017 00:00 UTC

Most narcissists generally lack self-awareness. Indeed, their sense of self-esteem and self-worth depends on how others perceive them, and they tend to deny flaws in themselves and blame others for their own shortcomings, mistakes, and misfortunes. This is called projection, and people with narcissistic tendencies are projection-heavy individuals.

Here we will explore five different but related ways people with strong narcissistic, sociopathic and psychopathic tendencies deny, project, blame, confuse, and hurt others.

1. Calling you things that you are not
    A classic example, "You're cheating on me," when you are not, but you can bet they're cheating on you.

Or, "You're selfish because you don't want to do what I am asking you to do. You only think about yourself." Meanwhile they are the ones who constantly make up excuses, break promises, are unreliable, think only about themselves, or compete with you. Not only that, they will forget all the things that you have already done for them.

In their eyes, they are entitled to your resources (time, money, energy), and you are aggressing against them when you won't, can't, or don't give them what they want. They will not reciprocate unless there is some reason for them to. They will use various manipulation and abuse tactics like name calling, mocking, bullying, triangulation, minimizing, character defamation, berating feelings, trolling, obscuring the issue, deflecting, gaslighting, guilt-tripping, provoking, unreasonable criticism, nitpicking, or plain verbal abuse... all to make you feel bad and give into their demands.

If it's not you, then there's always someone else. "Look how horrible this other person is! And do you know what that person did?" Meaning, forget about me and my shortcomings; let's find someone else with flaws and talk about them. That way, in their mind, we don't have to think about my shortcomings, or we will come to a conclusion that I'm great by default because everyone else is so horrible.

2. Grandiosity, mimicking, and exaggeration
    Narcissists think that they are super-ultra-turbo-mega special, that they deserve exceptional treatment, or that they are justified in hurting others. They have grandiose goals and exaggerate their achievements to appear more impressive and more superior.

Narcissists often feel a need to compete with others since they are factually not that special and terribly insecure on top of it. They will pretend, lie, hurt or exploit others, or do whatever else they deem necessary for personal gain.

As a result, they may take upon other people's character traits and achievements. This originates from a place of envy and self-aggrandizement. Often to the degree of mimicking, plagiarizing, stealing, and being a fraud, all while defaming and belittling others. This is meant to destroy the credibility of their victims while appearing to be more competent themselves. This provides a handy distraction from what is really going on.

This is another weird form of projection where they see something they admire in someone (be it actually admirable or just a status symbol), and then instead of actually working on achieving it they simply claim they already have it or that they are entitled to it. Usually simply by saying it, with confidence and conviction. Consequently, as they claim the positive traits, achievements or characteristics of others, they discard their own negative features onto their victims. They may or may not be aware that it is happening, but it is happening nevertheless.

This whole process requires a lot of delusion, pretending, and deception. Sadly, many people fall for that and see the narcissist as this wonderful and amazing human being that they present themselves as, yet in actuality are light years from.

3. Preemptive strike
    Whenever a narcissistic person feels threatened, they will call you the things that they see themselves as or are afraid that others see them as. And then they will try to stalk you, slander you, or discredit you. They will try to sabotage and destroy you. They will start a smear campaign and attempt character assassination. In their mind, frighteningly, you have become their mortal enemy.

They also have no problem doing all of it preemptively and calling it defense.

So if you privately call them out, set healthier boundaries, or end the relationship, they may be afraid that you can see their flaws, or that you will tell others what kind of person they are. Whether you do that or not is not important to them. Because in their mind the mere possibility of it is a good enough excuse to label you as an enemy. And because a narcissistic type of person has little or no empathy, they may imagine that you will behave as they would in these situations. If they would lie, or more likely are already lying, they will accuse you of lying.

And so they will do all these things just because they think you are somehow trying to or might hurt them. They also will accuse you of the very things they themselves are doing.

4. Playing the victim
    A common narcissistic strategy is to play the victim. "You hurt me! Poor, poor me." Instead of working through the issue with you or internally, they have no problem dragging others into it by lying and painting you as the perpetrator and themselves as the victim.

Oftentimes, this involves the aforementioned preemptive strike or provoking to get a reaction. For example, destroying your property, slandering you, turning people against you, or physically attacking you. And then when you respond appropriately to their active or passive aggression, now they can say that you're the aggressor because you are hurting them or that you're unreasonable because of your "wild, unacceptable behavior."

It's callous and calculated, and again, it involves accusing you of the things that they themselves are doing or have done. So it's not uncommon that the audience of this dramatic spectacle doesn't see the whole picture or doesn't care enough to figure out the full story. It is not uncommon that many will take the side of the narcissist. The narcissist is desperate that their spectacle be believed for the sake of their emotional management, so much so that they will say and do almost anything.

For a narcissist, it is rarely about the truth and almost always about their audience's perception.

This way they receive false validation that they are right and good, and that you are wrong and evil. Here, their sense of self-esteem is restored and their feelings of shame and inadequacy are managed. So it's all well and good. Except for those who got hurt-but who cares about them, right?

5. The "No, you!" defense
    If you call them out on their crap or if they suspect you can see through their smoke and mirrors, they will say that it's you-or others-who are all these things. Or that all of it is false and nonsense. They may even say that they are honest, caring, and authentic, and that you don't understand these things, you are projecting, you are pretending, you are triggered, you are gaslighting, you are narcissistic-you are whatever buzzword they have learned!

Because people with narcissistic tendencies can be interested in human psychology, too. A lot of them actually work in the helping and teaching fields or pretend to be experts on social media. Many of them are really smart, eloquent, and popular, which makes their statements more believable to an unaware audience.

They can learn all these fancy terms and phrases, yet they often don't understand or even care about how to apply them correctly. Here, it's another tool for manipulation. For them, learning means finding ways to justify all of their disturbing thoughts and behaviors, or use the knowledge as a tool against others for personal gain.

They will do anything but accept reality and become a decent person-yet they can play one quite well.

Related:
    The numerous tactics that narcissists, sociopaths and psychopaths use to manipulate and silence you

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Chester (26th September 2017), christian (27th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (26th September 2017), Jayke (26th September 2017), Mike (26th September 2017), NancyV (30th September 2017), Sequoia (27th September 2017), WalterBosley (27th September 2017)

13. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,312 times in 5,692 posts

Thanks for the thoughtful reply Gemma. Nice post. I hear you..

I view this man more as a parody. He's got the perfect hair. Flawless complexion. Everything about him is tidy and neat. In American movies, he'd be the exaggerated young guru with the silly sounding accent giving the composed, feel good presentation to thousands before going backstage to have a massive temper tantrum after noticing a budding zit on his forehead. Personally, I'm more amused than worried about him.

He certainly has a sense of self importance. But not every egotist is a sociopath. I listened to the cat story, but wasnt too concerned. When I was a boy, many of the neighborhood kids tortured lizards, shot bee bees at squirrels, plucked the wings off dragon flies and watched them stagger around etc etc. Most of those people turned out alright. Plus, this guy said he was crying while it all occured(with the cat). A sociopath wouldn't cry.

I don't want to get into the business of defending this guy. His shtick isn't really my cup of tea, but I think he's okay *as far as this stuff goes*. It's like squash. I'm not really a fan, but if someone puts just the right amount of cinnamon and sugar on it, I might eat it. Then again, I might not. Either way, I don't have much of an opinion.

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think this guy has done enough yet for me to have a definitive opinion. When he made the comment " ..then the blue avians will really like you...", I sensed sarcasm. This is just my feeling, but I don't think he thinks much of Corey.

I think his spiritualism is a little flaky. But he's young. He's on a journey , like all of us. Evolving. My spiritualism was pretty flaky years ago too. Maybe it still is
    Last edited by Mike; 26th September 2017 at 19:51.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (26th September 2017), Matthew (26th September 2017), Wind (26th September 2017)

15. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Herve...nice description of my first husband!!!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Chester (26th September 2017), Hervé (26th September 2017), Justplain (27th September 2017), Mike (26th September 2017)

17. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,312 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Herve...nice description of my first husband!!!
    .....and the perfect description of an ex girlfriend of mine. If she were still talking to me, I'd send that description over to her now. of course it wouldn't matter, as she'd view it as an "attack" and revert to "playing the victim" all over again...
    Last edited by Mike; 26th September 2017 at 17:00.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Chester (26th September 2017), Hervé (26th September 2017)

19. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Do you know exactly where the magic line is drawn between those who should be left on their own for self protection and those who might benefit from the assistance of others?

Do you believe there is such a thing as "the vulnerable?"

If not - think again...

Short Summary of Hollie Greig Case
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Mike (26th September 2017)

21. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Sammy (here)

Do you know exactly where the magic line is drawn between those who should be left on their own for self protection and those who might benefit from the assistance of others?

Do you believe there is such a thing as "the vulnerable?"

If not - think again...

Short Summary of Hollie Greig Case

Hi Sam,

"The vulnerable", in this case you bring up, are vulnerable due to their specific mindset -- vulnerable by being "followers" by nature / past life influence / upbringing. They are also vulnerable due to "saviour mentality". These two qualities are what makes them vulnerable. Corey or whoever, do nothing to make these people have this vulnerability. They have it now and may have it long after Corey has vanished from the world of attention. This vulnerability is built in to them.

This vulnerability, while not serving them, is near impossible to pry from them; not unlike an addiction. How do we treat addiction? We write about the dangers of it on forums and hope that the afflicted read our wise words where they will instantly be cured like a miracle. </sarcasm> We know that the addict has to take steps to cure himself or there is no cure. We know an addict has to lose a lot (sometimes everything) to change their ways. The need to get burned by their addiction before they can even come to the realization that their justifications for keeping their addictions are lies and destructive. Only after that can they begin to get the mindset that they need to change. Before that point, almost everything anyone ever says to them about how they need to quit / address their addiction has less value than the justification and excuses they can make to themselves for keeping it.

Without trying to sound cold, (but I am a little), those afflicted with described "vulnerability" need personal experiences that overtly rub in their face the flaws of their mentality toward such things. How many people went a little "woo-woo" before end of 2012? A reasonable number. How many were brought at least a little bit, back to earth when nothing apparent of significance ever happened relating to that? A good fraction of those -- many Avalon members here aren't too proud to admit this happened to them.

All in all, these are self correcting problems -- when the blue Avians don't ever actually do anything, people will move on from that story and learn a little, or if not, maybe they'll move on to the next religious fad as it is their mindset that hosts the issue, not the content.

I have no judgements on this guy in the OP videos, never watched the videos / never heard of him, but I don't need to see the content to understand how the mind works in those who fanatically follow religions / fads / cults.

In that thought, I have to somewhat agree with Feritciva and Praxis. The OP guy has ~500 views on both of the 2nd and third (1 year old) videos posted here ... just being posted on Avalon, I imaging the numbers on both those videos could easily double in a very short time. This presentation does nothing to address the root cause of the "vulnerability", but does potentially give a new channel for those vulnerable to cling to, in whatever method they came to it.

Again, I'm not judging the guys content - not the purposes of my post, but just on the "reverse" saviour mindset that we need to save everyone we see as "needing to be saved".

Life is the greatest teacher anyone can have - let's ensure we consider it and not take it for granted - for ourselves and for others. Something I have to remind myself often when working with my children.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 27th September 2017 at 01:38. Reason: spelling and clarity and grammar
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bruno (27th September 2017), Chester (27th September 2017), Daozen (27th September 2017), Matthew (27th September 2017), Mike (26th September 2017), Wind (27th September 2017)

23. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I can assure you, as an addict who currently has all but six years sobriety, that every single thing, including the very thing some of us are doing here to raise awareness (by providing evidence and argument), has all had a positive impact on my maintenance of my sobriety.

I happen to have a son who has the same conditions I have - a dual condition of both "bipolar" and "addiction" (alcohol, weed and other drugs) and he has also shown vulnerability with regards to "buy in" to much of the woo woo some of us here have attempted to point out. And I can state from first hand experience that my son's dual problem has been more difficult to deal with because of his buy in to much of the Wilcock crap.

About four months ago my son was being taken to his probation officer by his mother when he called me and asked me if his mother "was taking me [him] to my execution." I asked him why in the world he would think something like this (knowing he was also experiencing a rather severe psychosis) and his answer was because "the illuminati wants him dead." This led to more information and fortunately I was able to calm him enough to meet with the probation officer. If he hadn't, he would have had his probation revoked.

This is reality experience I am sharing. I don't wish to have to share in this way but it is the only way I feel I can legitimately make my point and that point is...

Most of us here believe there's much more going on in our world than we are shown and told. Most of this most believe we are being deliberately deceived and not for our own good. So with that in mind we have the brave who risk their own well being to research and expose what they can. Some of us believe that it does us no good to sit back and stand idle while fairy tales take center stage and throw off even further the already manipulated masses and this is what this thread and the "Corey exposed" thread is all about.

No one has to read it if they don't want to. Some folks have actually experienced "the light bulb" going on inside their own heads just from reading some of the posts in some of these threads.

I cannot imagine anyone "complaining" about anyone else's efforts to expose frauds.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bruno (27th September 2017), DeDukshyn (27th September 2017), Franny (27th September 2017), Jayke (27th September 2017), KansasGirl (30th September 2017), Matthew (27th September 2017), Mike (27th September 2017), NeedleThreader (27th September 2017), Spellbound (27th September 2017), SunSea (27th October 2017)

25. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sammy (here)
    I cannot imagine anyone "complaining" about anyone else's efforts to expose frauds.
    As someone close to the issue of addictions I trust you understand my analogy.

It's not the efforts I addressed, and I did not complain of myself, but it is rather the effectiveness of such efforts, as I detailed, in comparison to true learning through personal experience. Thanks for all your contributions here Sam, none of this is a slight toward you, that is for certain.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 27th September 2017 at 01:23.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bruno (27th September 2017), Chester (27th September 2017), Mike (27th September 2017)

27. Link to Post #35
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

I was going to write something similar to what DeDukshyn said. People have their own lessons to learn at their own pace. There's enough info out there for readers to make up their own minds. At most there must be a few hundred people falling for these demagogues. The time spent 'saving' them could be better spent on other projects. OK, we want to protect the vulnerable... good sentiment. But 5 hours spent debunking the latest demagogue, who has ensnared all of 3 dozen people....

Could that 5 hours have been spent helping other vulnerables, people who want to be helped?

- What about the rainforest being cut down?
    - Brazlian street kids?
    - The debt crisis?
    - The homeless?
    - The cancer crisis?

Why are Corey debunkers distraught about the few dozen people who believe Corey, and displaying nothing but indifference towards all the other problems in the world?

In 5 hours I could research technology that could eventually help hundreds of thousands of people, and present it in an article.

Spending hours debunking these internet fraudsters is valiant enough, I guess... but when you look at the balance sheet, it seems like a massive amount of effort to help just a few people. Meanwhile, millions of people are suffering and they are completely ignored by the UFOlogy intelligentsia.

Why focus on a bunch of confused bird worshippers who want to be lied to?

This is not meant to be a slight towards anyone participating in this thread, just a suggestion that people look at the greater context.
    Last edited by Daozen; 27th September 2017 at 01:46.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Bruno (27th September 2017), Chester (27th September 2017), DeDukshyn (27th September 2017), Ewan (27th September 2017), Matthew (27th September 2017), Mike (27th September 2017), NeedleThreader (27th September 2017), Satori (27th September 2017)

29. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,114 times in 8,176 posts

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    I was going to write something similar to what DeDukshyn said. People have their own lessons to learn at their own pace. There's enough info out there for readers to make up their own minds. At most there must be a few hundred people falling for these demagogues. The time spent 'saving' them could be better spent on other projects. OK, we want to protect the vulnerable... good sentiment. But 5 hours spent debunking the latest demagogue, who has ensnared all of 3 dozen people....

Could that 5 hours have been spent helping other vulnerables, people who want to be helped?

- Brazlian street kids?
    - The debt crisis?
    - The homeless?
    - The cancer crisis?

Why are Corey debunkers distraught about the few dozen people who believe Corey, and displaying nothing but indifference towards all the other problems in the world?

In 5 hours I could research technology that could eventually help hundreds of thousands of people, and present it in an article.

Spending hours debunking these internet fraudsters is valiant enough, I guess... but when you look at the balance sheet, it seems like a massive amount of effort to help just a few people. Meanwhile, millions of people are suffering and they are completely ignored by the UFOlogy intelligentsia.

This is not meant to be a slight towards anyone participating in this thread, just a suggestion that people look at the greater context.

There is always a potential for a "larger context" with the Corey Goode phenomenon that could equal all other threats to the furure of humanity.

The youngsters getting scooped up in the story may have contributed terminal damage to the general human condition/society by the time they reach their own personal realisation of their folly.

I'm in no doubt that there are people in powerful positions who will waste no time in using such a social movement to further an agenda of human lockdown. In this case, probably through socialisation of dodgy "spiritual" memes.

The recent rash of enthusiastic millenials on youtube fanning the Corey Goode flames do SO much resemble the tedious and irritating buffooning social justice warriors of a previous generation. All low level mental hooks being propagated ferociously via a mass medium that none of us here now have ever seen the clout of before.

Vigilance in these matters is as uncharted as is the power of the internet in general.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bruno (27th September 2017), Callista (27th September 2017), Chester (27th September 2017), Hervé (27th September 2017), Matthew (27th September 2017), Satori (27th September 2017), Wind (27th September 2017)

31. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)

- Brazlian street kids?
    - The debt crisis?
    - The homeless?
    - The cancer crisis?

I think the answer is a question. How do you know those folks are not also doing other things like you just suggested?

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

DeDukshyn (27th September 2017), Hervé (27th September 2017), Satori (27th September 2017)

33. Link to Post #38
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Interesting views...

I see this thread as some means of spotting/detecting and handling the scourge which affects this planet and its creatures no matter the race, color, creed or upbringing... namely the characters known as narcissists, sociopaths and psychopaths... those same puppets who destroy this planet, are happy with exterminating those they made homeless, making big bucks out of deforestations, or peddling pills to healthy people so they can be sick and rely on big pharma... etc...

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

findingneo (22nd October 2017), Matthew (27th September 2017), Satori (27th September 2017)

35. Link to Post #39
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    Interesting views...

I see this thread as some means of spotting/detecting and handling the scourge which affects this planet and its creatures no matter the race, color, creed or upbringing... namely the characters known as narcissists, sociopaths and psychopaths... those same puppets who destroy this planet, are happy with exterminating those they made homeless, making big bucks out of deforestations, or peddling pills to healthy people so they can be sick and rely on big pharma... etc...
    "handling"? -- what do you mean by that? What on this thread is being handled?

36. Link to Post #40
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

See # 3:

han·dling

(hănd′lĭng)
    n.
    A touching, feeling, or manipulating with the hands.

2. The process of packing and distributing merchandise: a charge for shipping and handling.

3. The way in which something is handled or taken care of: a situation that required delicate handling.

4. The way in which a presentation, especially an artistic or theatrical work, is treated.

American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

handling
    noun
    management, running, treatment, approach, administration, conduct, manipulation
    e.g.: The family has criticized the military's handling of the affair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast