1. Link to Post #1
    China Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 times in 1,022 posts

Default We will build a New Oasis for Life in Canada

We will build a New Oasis for Life in Canada

Since 2003, Lifechanyuan has been running for fourteen years. We established our first branch in 2009 in Yunnan, China. We then established another seven picturesque homes in Yunnan, Xinjiang, and Jiangsu provinces and have advanced to maturity in both theory and practice.

One of our dreams is to unite global ecovillages and intentional communities into one big
    international family. One of our goals is to create a brand new life mode for people that is totally different from traditional lifestyles. We firmly believe that changing the traditional life mode is the only assurance for sustainable human development. The new life mode established by Lifechanyuan over these recent eight years cannot only bring blessings to all humans and other living beings on the earth, but ultimately make everyone who participates in this new life mode enjoy happy, joyous, free, and blessed lives.

To realise our dream and our goal and considering the multi-cultural background and beautiful environment of British Columbia, Canada, Lifechanyuan will establish a community there and will call it the New Oasis for Life. We have purchased ten acres of land and one building there and hope to establish a big family for people from diverse nations, beliefs, and cultures to live together happily.

The founder of Lifechanyuan & New Oasis for Life, Xuefeng is currently living in Vancouver. Everything is just starting and he urgently need a person who is a
    skillful driver living in Canada or the United States. This person also needs to know Lifechanyuan values well and have great passion for the establishment of an ecovillage. He is not recruiting, but is looking for a volunteer who is keen on establishing an international family. He will provide all food, accommodations, and transportation, but no salaries or bonuses. It would be ideal if you could work for at least three months, but it would also be fine If you would like to live with us longer or permanently. If you would like to join us permanently, the only prerequisite is that you become a Chanyuan celestial. We pray for blessings from the Greatest Creator and that the ideal person will
    come early.

If anyone is interested, please contact me, thanks!

To know more about Lifechanyuan & New Oasis for Life from:

www.lifechanyuan.org
    www.newoasisforlife.org
    Last edited by xidaijena; 30th September 2017 at 02:23.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th September 2017), Iloveyou (27th September 2017), Ioneo (26th September 2017), Lefty Dave (26th September 2017), mab777 (26th September 2017), Magnus (26th September 2017), Noelle (26th September 2017), Zampano (26th September 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,660 times in 1,521 posts

Default Re: We will build a New Oasis for Life in Canada

Hi,
    beautiful.

On the website it mentions 'celestials living amongst us'

Can you provide any information?

Many thanks
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Noelle (26th September 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,058 times in 10,080 posts

Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    Chanyuan Celestials must meet eight criteria, among them:

- Chanyuan Celestials resonate with the thoughts of Lifechanyuan spiritual guide, Xuefeng
    - Chanyuan Celestials follow strictly the guidance of Xuefeng in order to sublimate their life quality
    - Chanyuan Celestials love Lifechanyuan's big family and work as much as possible for the New Oasis Community

One must apply to become a Chanyuan Celestial. The applicant should include the following:

- An introduction about yourself
    - Why you want to become a Chanyuan Celestial
    - A recent photo of yourself

Please note that you must meet the following requirements to be considered:

- You are single or divorced
    - You are under 60 years of age
    - You are physically healthy
    - You are familially and socially free and have few ties to secular society
    - You have a generally happy life without many worries or pains
    - You are humble and of good character
    - You are not a criminal and not wanted by the law in any country

www.lifechanyuan.org/who-are-chanyuan-celestials

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th September 2017), Iloveyou (26th September 2017), justntime2learn (26th September 2017), littleOne (26th September 2017), Magnus (26th September 2017), Orph (26th September 2017), Wind (27th September 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

"I want a driver who works for free and I want you to do it for at least 3 months. I prefer loners with no family or social life. You must mirror my thoughts and STRICTLY follow my guidance. Married? Don't bother. Interested? Contact Jena. Thank you."

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

angelfire (26th September 2017), Iloveyou (26th September 2017), justntime2learn (26th September 2017), littleOne (26th September 2017), Nasu (26th September 2017), Orph (26th September 2017), shijo (26th September 2017), uzn (27th September 2017), Wind (27th September 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,170 times in 3,982 posts

Marriage and "traditional family" are a large part of what they don't allow.

In many ways, it seems like an outflow of Yunnan culture, which doesn't have marriage or traditional family.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Iloveyou (27th September 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

F sh, if they are opening in Canada, they are starting with a bunch or requirements that are blatantly illegal in Canada. Here you cannot discriminate based on age, health, or marital status.

Why not the Jehova witnesses while we are at it, at least we know what we are getting in.

I personnaly do not think the forum should support such advertising and requests.

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)

- Chanyuan Celestials resonate with the thoughts of Lifechanyuan spiritual guide, Xuefeng
    - Chanyuan Celestials follow strictly the guidance of Xuefeng in order to sublimate their life quality
    - Chanyuan Celestials love Lifechanyuan's big family and work as much as possible for the New Oasis Community

One must apply to become a Chanyuan Celestial. The applicant should include the following:

How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bluegreen (27th September 2017), happyuk (27th September 2017), Iloveyou (27th September 2017), Iyakum (28th January 2020), justntime2learn (27th September 2017), Nasu (26th September 2017), Olam (27th September 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Point taken
    My apologies
    Last edited by Bluegreen; 27th September 2017 at 05:58.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Daozen (27th September 2017), Iloveyou (27th September 2017), justntime2learn (27th September 2017), Nasu (27th September 2017), xidaijena (27th September 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,024 times in 1,086 posts

Cult member
    I don't think that's very fair. She is also an Avalon member just like you and I, are we therefore part of a cult by association? There is room on this blue planet for all paths, even the ones you or I choose not to walk. One persons nirvana, religion, lifestyle, is another persons cult.

That being said, as Flash mentioned, I don't think this is a good place for recruiting, even so called voluntary servitude for food and board... N
    Last edited by Nasu; 27th September 2017 at 04:17.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Bluegreen (27th September 2017), Iloveyou (27th September 2017), justntime2learn (27th September 2017), Justplain (28th September 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks for sharing the info on our website.

18. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    Marriage and "traditional family" are a large part of what they don't allow.

In many ways, it seems like an outflow of Yunnan culture, which doesn't have marriage or traditional family.
    Yes, we are a new life mode that is quite different from the traditional ones.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Baby Steps (27th September 2017)

20. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Cult member
    Cult member? Hi Bluegreen, I think it is not very polite for you to add my photo here. If you don't like what I posted here, you can tell me and I will correct it. Thanks for your attention.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Bluegreen (27th September 2017)

22. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nasu (here)

Cult member
    I don't think that's very fair. She is also an Avalon member just like you and I, are we therefore part of a cult by association? There is room on this blue planet for all paths, even the ones you or I choose not to walk. One persons nirvana, religion, lifestyle, is another persons cult.

That being said, as Flash mentioned, I don't think this is a good place for recruiting, even so called voluntary servitude for food and board... N
    I post the info of my community here because I find it is okay for others to show their shelters. Our community is the shelter of us. I just hope any of you will be interested in our community.

If all of you think it is not okay for me to share my community here, I will correct.

Hope I didn't bother all of you.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

justntime2learn (27th September 2017), Nasu (27th September 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    F sh, if they are opening in Canada, they are starting with a bunch or requirements that are blatantly illegal in Canada. Here you cannot discriminate based on age, health, or marital status.

Why not the Jehova witnesses while we are at it, at least we know what we are getting in.

I personnaly do not think the forum should support such advertising and requests.
    Hi Flash, how do you know our community is illegal in Canada? If what I posted here bothered you, please allow me to say sorry to you.

25. Link to Post #14
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

EDIT: Whoops I didn't realize the captioned photo had already been resolved a few posts up. My mistake.

Post withdrawn.
    Last edited by Daozen; 27th September 2017 at 10:55.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Bluegreen (27th September 2017), justntime2learn (27th September 2017), Words of Joy (27th September 2017), xidaijena (27th September 2017)

27. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Point taken
    My apologies
    Thank you!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Bluegreen (27th September 2017), justntime2learn (27th September 2017), Nasu (27th September 2017)

29. Link to Post #16
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

I wish you personally all the best and I think most people in communities like this one are genuine and sincere seekers. I also admit that one's experiences, expectations or views are heavily colored (and limited) by one's own cultural (family-) background over generations. Not an easy thing to overcome.

Though despite considering this, all alarms are going off. Why does the 'speak' remind me on a brave new world. Sounds risky. Authoritarian, dangerous. One big international family. One boss? Pyramid structure?

What's the agenda regarding (no) partnerships, love, sex, raising children. These are not groups who have grown slowly, have reached consensus through own experiences, trial and error. It's one person who sets the rules. For sure one could find out the details, but I'd be surprised if it was for free. Sorry, Xidaijena, although I'm certain of you being an honest and well meaning person, that's what I strongly feel.

For some, at times it might be the only possible thing to have a 'leader' between oneself and life. They give up freedom/responsability for the illusion of communion. That does not mean that the ones who stand alone are happier. Most likely not. Maybe life is not exclusively about happiness.

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    Once I've written a post about the Mosuo, an ethnic group living in Yunnan and Sichuan provinces - that seems to be an ENTIRELY different thing.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

Bluegreen (27th September 2017), Justplain (28th September 2017), Nasu (27th September 2017), xidaijena (28th September 2017)

31. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi Iloveyou, thank you for your kind reply.

Quote Sounds risky. Authoritarian, dangerous. One big international family. One boss? Pyramid structure?
    Quote It's one person who sets the rules. For sure one could find out the details, but I'd be surprised if it was for free.
    Maybe it is not easy for you to accept our values and life mode, but it is fine. Yes, to unit all communities as one big international family is one of our dreams. We are dreaming of a new era which is for all human beings to live in one family. We just try our best to make this dream come true. In the universe, the Greatest Creator (God) is one, so we treat our founder as one leader of our community. He is our spiritual guide and wrote many articles to guide us. We believe he is the messenger of the Greaest Creator. You can know more about our Guide from here: http://newoasisforlife.org/new/plugi...n=introduction

Quote What's the agenda regarding (no) partnerships, love, sex, raising children?
    You can see the photos of our daily life from this link to know more about our agenda: http://newoasisforlife.org/new/forum.php?gid=66

32. The Following User Says Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Nasu (28th September 2017)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,259 times in 1,414 posts

I joined a similar sounding group in rural Saskatchewan when i was in my twenties, during the late seventies. They allowed you to be married but all men had to be sterilized. Any children who were brought in were raised communally. All ones possessions were given to the group. It had a spiritual leader who resided elsewhere. They had a committee that organized everything. Everyone had to contribute and everyone had tasks. They grew some of their own food. They sent work parties, usually sets of couples into local cities to earn money for the group, they had a painting company. Their name was 'I AM', the institute of applied metaphysics.

I lived there as a visitor for six months, took/paid for their main spiritual training course that promised 'cosmic consciousness'. Then, i decided i had had enough and travelled back home.

That group no longer exists. It wasnt politically top down but spiritually it was. I think their spiritual leader was a bit of a fraud. They denied reincarnation.

I think if you grow up in a communal society, a structure like this might work. But having a top down spiritual or political structure dooms it to some sort of dysfunction or eventual failure, imho. We know that the new era is one of individual responsibility and personal spiritual growth combined with compassion and empathy for all things. Having a sustainable life style is likely the way of the future, but these communities need to be balanced, allowing the indepenence of its members, who should be able to come and go as they please, and permit spiritual individuation that allows each member to explore their consciousness as they deem they should.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Bluegreen (28th September 2017), Callista (28th September 2017), Eva2 (29th September 2017), Michi (28th September 2017), Nasu (28th September 2017), xidaijena (30th September 2017)

35. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    I joined a similar sounding group in rural Saskatchewan when i was in my twenties, during the late seventies. They allowed you to be married but all men had to be sterilized. Any children who were brought in were raised communally. All ones possessions were given to the group. It had a spiritual leader who resided elsewhere. They had a committee that organized everything. Everyone had to contribute and everyone had tasks. They grew some of their own food. They sent work parties, usually sets of couples into local cities to earn money for the group, they had a painting company. Their name was 'I AM', the institute of applied metaphysics.

I lived there as a visitor for six months, took/paid for their main spiritual training course that promised 'cosmic consciousness'. Then, i decided i had had enough and travelled back home.

That group no longer exists. It wasnt politically top down but spiritually it was. I think their spiritual leader was a bit of a fraud. They denied reincarnation.

I think if you grow up in a communal society, a structure like this might work. But having a top down spiritual or political structure dooms it to some sort of dysfunction or eventual failure, imho. We know that the new era is one of individual responsibility and personal spiritual growth combined with compassion and empathy for all things. Having a sustainable life style is likely the way of the future, but these communities need to be balanced, allowing the indepenence of its members, who should be able to come and go as they please, and permit spiritual individuation that allows each member to explore their consciousness as they deem they should.
    Balancing a community with a good working structure and personal freedom of its members is no easy task, regardless of the any spiritual or religious connotations.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bluegreen (28th September 2017), Justplain (28th September 2017), Nasu (28th September 2017), xidaijena (30th September 2017)

37. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

I do not need any excuse. But you obviously do not know canadian laws nor do you abide by it. Get information on discrimination available on Canadian government website because your employment and lodging offers brake many discrimination laws

I truly dislike foreigners implanting themselves in my country and the first thing they do is brake the law of the land. I would already be in jail in your country if i were doing the same

So, respect us and our laws

Those anti-discrimination laws have been edicted for the people, mostly the immigrants, new arrivals, mono-parental families (which you won't take in tour community). Isn't it strange that it is now the immigrants that discriminate willfully while feeling justified?

Quote Posted by xidaijena (here)
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)

Hi Flash, how do you know our community is illegal in Canada? If what I posted here bothered you, please allow me to say sorry to you.
    Last edited by Flash; 28th September 2017 at 17:17.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast