+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heaven and Hell : Our Subconscious !

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Question Heaven and Hell : Our Subconscious !

Daily Tao / 40 – Subconscious [1]

Click image for larger version

Name:	heaven_and_hell_within.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	32774

Heaven and hell;
    Our subconscious.

Meditation opens seldom glimpsed areas of our subconscious. When that happens, extraordinary thoughts and awareness come to us with seeming spontaneity. We realize truths that were opaque to us before; we perceive events that were previously too distant. But no one ever became superhuman because of meditation. They only opened their own latent potential. Everything is locked inside of us and need only be opened. That is why it is said that heaven is within us.

In the same way, the pains and the struggles of the past sometimes haunt us with astounding vehemence. Problems and conflicts are difficult to exorcise. Although we may practice spirituality and move on to new endeavors and relationships, past hurts still come back in our memories and dreams. These are not demons from another world, nor are they karmic manifestations of previous lives; they are scars in our subconscious. No matter how diligently we try to make progress, there still are pains that curse us day after day. This is why it is said that hell is within us.

We ourselves are the battleground for good and evil. There is no need to look beyond our world. Everything to be understood is within us. All that must be transcended — the pains and scars of the past — is within us. All the power of transcendence is also within us. Tap into it and you tap into the divine itself.

Name:  Do-Feelings-control-you.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  64.3 KB

All our feelings have significance only in relation to their
    relative opposites. Yet man, in his abysmal ignorance,
    forgets this basic fact of life and strives desperately for
    pleasure without pain and life without death! Without
    his realizing it his viewpoint has become so distorted
    that he struggles after mere illusions, which leads to
    frustration and misery, finally culminating in the utter
    terror of physical death.

Ramesh L. Balsekar

[1] Oh, I appear to be in somewhat of a reflective "mood" and having read ahead a few days (as this one is meant for the 9th of February) I thought to post it on the P.A. forum where such things are more "welcome" (I feel) than in day-to-day-life

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

AriG (8th February 2016), astridmari (6th February 2016), DeDukshyn (8th February 2016), drneglector (8th February 2016), EuroTrader (17th February 2016), Ewan (7th February 2016), greybeard (9th February 2016), Guish (6th February 2016), happyuk (7th February 2016), Innocent Warrior (10th February 2016), johnf (9th February 2016), justntime2learn (10th February 2016), ljwheat (7th February 2016), Pam (7th February 2016), sdv (6th February 2016), Skyhaven (8th February 2016), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2016), tessfreq (6th February 2016), ulli (7th February 2016), Wind (10th February 2016), Zampano (6th February 2016), ZooLife (7th February 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 times in 1,583 posts

Default Re: Heaven and Hell : Our Subconscious !

Very true. I was walking in the supermarket last week and met a distant cousin who was a very good friend of a woman who I used to love. I just said hi and instantly all the feelings about the woman came back; anger, fear and pain. I watched the feelings with detachment and said to myself that I'm no longer this person of the past. Hence, that's why equanimity is taught in Hinduism. One must not get carried away by happiness or sadness. Do your best in the present moment and let go of the moment.
    Experience reality beyond the senses
    https://www.facebook.com/geerishhealer/

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Carpathian (9th February 2016), Clear Light (6th February 2016), drneglector (8th February 2016), EuroTrader (17th February 2016), Innocent Warrior (10th February 2016), johnf (9th February 2016), justntime2learn (10th February 2016), ljwheat (7th February 2016), Pam (7th February 2016), seko (7th February 2016), ulli (7th February 2016), Wind (10th February 2016), Zampano (6th February 2016), ZooLife (7th February 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293 times in 353 posts

Beautiful!
    How I see it now...since I began to love the moment-there are no problems anymore. The moment when you wash dishes, go for a walk with the dog, talking to friends, whatever.
    This particular moment is always perfect-you cant change it-its the way it is. So love it!
    Since I am doing it, little miracles are happening in my life.
    New friends in the refugee movement, a new appartement, whole new relationsship with my parents and also with women.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Zampano For This Post:

Clear Light (6th February 2016), Guish (6th February 2016), Innocent Warrior (10th February 2016), johnf (9th February 2016), justntime2learn (10th February 2016), ljwheat (7th February 2016), Pam (7th February 2016), seko (7th February 2016), Skyhaven (8th February 2016), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2016), TraineeHuman (11th February 2016), ulli (7th February 2016), Wind (10th February 2016), ZooLife (7th February 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (10th February 2016), justntime2learn (10th February 2016), ljwheat (7th February 2016), Pam (7th February 2016), Skyhaven (8th February 2016), ulli (7th February 2016), Wind (10th February 2016), Zampano (7th February 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Guish (here)
    Oh, I'd say that image is missing the most important part of the quote :

Quote "If there's no wound on the hand, that hand can hold poison. Poison won't penetrate where there's no wound. There's no evil for those who don't do it"
    Last edited by Clear Light; 7th February 2016 at 13:07. Reason: "the devil is in the details"

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

drneglector (8th February 2016), genevieve (7th February 2016), Guish (8th February 2016), justntime2learn (10th February 2016), letspaly (8th February 2016), ljwheat (7th February 2016), Pam (7th February 2016), Skyhaven (8th February 2016), TargeT (9th February 2016), TraineeHuman (11th February 2016), ulli (7th February 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,707 times in 3,334 posts

Quote Posted by Zampano (here)
    Beautiful!
    How I see it now...since I began to love the moment-there are no problems anymore. The moment when you wash dishes, go for a walk with the dog, talking to friends, whatever.
    This particular moment is always perfect-you cant change it-its the way it is. So love it!
    Since I am doing it, little miracles are happening in my life.
    New friends in the refugee movement, a new appartement, whole new relationsship with my parents and also with women.

There is a huge amount of wisdom in this post, Zampano. It is so true that all we have is this moment. As Ekhardt Tolle says, " Make friends with the present moment, it doesn't matter what form it takes, say yes to it, be with it. "

I have also found that if I am accepting of the moment, if I am friends with it, so to speak, life will return the same to me. If I use the now as a means to an end, if I am anxious for another moment, then life will return the same. Life can slip by in the blink of an eye, while we are waiting for some grander moment that will never come.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Basho (9th February 2016), Clear Light (7th February 2016), Guish (8th February 2016), johnf (9th February 2016), justntime2learn (10th February 2016), ljwheat (7th February 2016), Skyhaven (8th February 2016), TargeT (9th February 2016), ulli (7th February 2016), Wind (10th February 2016), Zampano (7th February 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293 times in 353 posts

Actually, I came to this conclusion...loving the moment...by myself and then I read and crossread different books and spiritual teachers.
    All say the same.
    Thats an organic and natural development, when you enquire your Self/Being.
    Listen to yourself and you know what to do. "Exercise" your very own spiritual practice.
    And, please, enjoy it!

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Zampano For This Post:

Clear Light (7th February 2016), Guish (8th February 2016), Innocent Warrior (10th February 2016), johnf (9th February 2016), justntime2learn (10th February 2016), ljwheat (7th February 2016), Pam (7th February 2016), Skyhaven (8th February 2016), Wind (10th February 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member ljwheat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,571 times in 870 posts

This May help with the meditation process going into oneself even deeper, like in the movie "Contact" when we meet the real being that lives within us.. with out labels ,, is life. We are yet another (A Simulated) race of humans restarted on earth.

Over Millions of years Man has labeling advanced (beings) or ufo's threw the ages as GOD's.. When the hole time our minds have been shaped by our own kind > the elite, off world on Venus. That never go threw the rebirth of man on earth when its wiped out threw ice age, wars, or the elite instructed order to reboot human again, and again, and yet again. Starting with a clean slate each time , archaeology evidence abound millions of years destruction here, but the tech of elite untouched world Venus and the (God's) remain intact to this day. We only know what we have been allowed to know, from this (god hood) controller of men is man not some alien, mind injected plant of thinking.
    With out this premer in place none will be the wiser or suspect the awakening taking place, here and now.. those who do , wind up dead or erased from history, and God the elite us live on from above on Venus.. laugh all you want, as this to is the mind set in place to keep the world flat for another million years. the evidance is every were if you have the premer to see it.
    Paintings that I have created over the last 35 years >Gallery https://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=587< or here at ACC http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/gro...-or-collection

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

Guish (8th February 2016), Skyhaven (8th February 2016)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ljwheat (here)
    This May help with the meditation process going into oneself even deeper, like in the movie "Contact" when we meet the real being that lives within us.. with out labels ,, is life. We are yet another (A Simulated) race of humans restarted on earth.

Over Millions of years Man has labeling advanced (beings) or ufo's threw the ages as GOD's.. When the hole time our minds have been shaped by our own kind > the elite, off world on Venus. That never go threw the rebirth of man on earth when its wiped out threw ice age, wars, or the elite instructed order to reboot human again, and again, and yet again. Starting with a clean slate each time , archaeology evidence abound millions of years destruction here, but the tech of elite untouched world Venus and the (God's) remain intact to this day. We only know what we have been allowed to know, from this (god hood) controller of men is man not some alien, mind injected plant of thinking.
    With out this premer in place none will be the wiser or suspect the awakening taking place, here and now.. those who do , wind up dead or erased from history, and God the elite us live on from above on Venus.. laugh all you want, as this to is the mind set in place to keep the world flat for another million years. the evidance is every were if you have the premer to see it.
    Oh, I seriously doubt your implication of Venusian "elite" controllers !

Like who knows what "form" of "life" could inhabit such a place as Venus eh ?
    • Temperature : 462 degrees Celsius
    • Atmosphere : ~96% Carbon Dioxide
    • Surface Atmospheric Pressure : ~90 times that of Earth
    It seems unlikely no ?
    Last edited by Clear Light; 7th February 2016 at 17:59. Reason: Because it needed it !

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Guish (8th February 2016), ljwheat (7th February 2016), Skyhaven (8th February 2016)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member ljwheat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,571 times in 870 posts

Oh, I seriously doubt your implication of Venusian "elite" controllers !

Like who knows what "form" of "life" could inhabit such a place as Venus eh ?
    • Temperature : 462 degrees Celsius
    • Atmosphere : ~96% Carbon Dioxide
    • Surface Atmospheric Pressure : ~90 times that of Earth
    It seems unlikely no ?[/QUOTE]

And you missed my hole point. you have been to Venus and know this LOL but believe all you have been told. from birth you have been taught what to believe, and you have accepted the truth you have been handed all your life.. end of topic for you.. right -- your brain has been programed to believe this.. LOL so be it. books are written lol
    Paintings that I have created over the last 35 years >Gallery https://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=587< or here at ACC http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/gro...-or-collection

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

Guish (8th February 2016), Skyhaven (8th February 2016)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ljwheat (here)
    And you missed my hole point. you have been to Venus and know this LOL but believe all you have been told. from birth you have been taught what to believe, and you have accepted the truth you have been handed all your life.. end of topic for you.. right -- your brain has been programed to believe this.. LOL so be it. books are written lol
    Oh, well thanks so much for avoiding my questions and simply laughing it off like !

Here's your earliest (relevant) reference to Venus (on P.A. from 29th November 2013) that I could find : Re: My version of "The Story so Far". What's yours?

Quote Long, long time past, before the burning of books and records long past, before the time of no moon circling our planet,-- time before the moon is forbidden subject that would unlock all the history and lie’s written since.

This ecosystem before the moon was similar to Venus 1/3 of our present ocean was in our sky as cloud cover. Thick dense with a global temperature the same anywhere you went a Garden of Eden and manna would fall from the heavens.

Introduce the moon, rain for 40 days and 40 nights killing the advanced civilization of that day, tower of babble introduced languages’ to divide what was left of that pristine culture

[snip]

Just my little rant. What if…..
    What makes you think (believe) this ^^^^ information is accurate ?
    Last edited by Clear Light; 7th February 2016 at 19:57. Reason: URL

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Skyhaven (8th February 2016)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Clear Blue Skies (here)

Quote "If there's no wound on the hand, that hand can hold poison. Poison won't penetrate where there's no wound. There's no evil for those who don't do it"
    Does the last sentence mean that anyone can do anything because what is being said before is contradicted?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

justntime2learn (10th February 2016), Pam (11th February 2016), Skyhaven (8th February 2016)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Does the last sentence mean that anyone can do anything because what is being said before is contradicted?
    Um, I'm not sure I know what you mean ... where's the contradiction ?

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Guish (8th February 2016), justntime2learn (10th February 2016), Pam (11th February 2016), Skyhaven (9th February 2016)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

When it is said, "for those who don't do it", the "it" refers to doing evil. I thought it referred to the first sentence where it talks about being immune to negativity. Maybe, I read too many koans, I see a paradox everywhere.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Clear Light (8th February 2016), justntime2learn (10th February 2016), Pam (11th February 2016), Skyhaven (9th February 2016)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

When it is said, "for those who don't do it", the "it" refers to doing evil. I thought it referred to the first sentence where it talks about being immune to negativity
    Ah!

Maybe, I read too many koans, I see a paradox everywhere
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Bodhidharma_facing_the_wall_Zen.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	32793

“When Bodhidharma left the
    Emperor, he spent nine years
    facing the wall. What was he
    doing for those nine years?”

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Guish (9th February 2016), justntime2learn (10th February 2016), Pam (11th February 2016), Skyhaven (9th February 2016)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

^That picture of Bodhi would be a nice one of the wall of my new house.

For those who want to know about Bodhidharma:

Bodhidharma was introduced to the emperor of China, who was a Buddhist himself. In his conference with the emperor, Bodhidharma exhibited the sort of sharp, shocking behavior that would become characteristic of Zen Buddhist masters. This meeting is regarded as China's first introduction to Zen Buddhism.

The emperor practiced the outward behaviors of Buddhism; he wore Buddhist robes, abstained from eating meat, build many temples and supported hundreds of monks and nuns. The emperor was proud of his knowledge of Buddhism and his support of Buddhism in his kingdom. He asked Bodhidharma, "Since I came to the throne, I have built many temples, published numerous scriptures and supported countless monks and nuns. How great is the merit in all these?"

"No merit to speak of.", was the shocking reply of Bodhidharma. The emperor had often heard renowned masters say, "Do good, and you will receive good; do bad and you will receive bad. The Law of Cause and Effect is unchangeable, effects follow causes as shadows follow figures." But now, this foreign sage declared that all his efforts had earned no merit at all.

The emperor failed to understand that one is not practising Buddhism if one does good with the desire to gain merit for oneself. It will be more like promoting one's own welfare or hoping for admiration by the public. The emperor asked his next question, "What then, is the essence of Buddhism?"

Bodhidharma's immediated reply was, "Vast emptiness and no essence at all!" This stunned the emperor. Other masters had explained that the essence was contained in doctrines such as The Four Noble Truths and The Law of Cause and Effect, but this foreign sage of Buddhism had just declared there was 'no essence at all'.

The confused emperor dismissed the sage from the court on 17 October. Thus, China had its first taste of Zen teaching. After Bodhidharma's departure, the emperor discussed the incident with his Buddhist teacher, Master Chih. The master asked him, "Does your majesty know who this man is?" He informed the emperor that Bodhidharma came to China with a mandate from one of the world's leading Buddhism authorities on special mission to revitalize Chinese Buddhism.

This filled the emperor with regret for having sent Bodhidharma out of the court. Years later, upon hearing the death of the sage, he mourned deeply and then wrote an inscription to pay his tribute to the great sage which read:

"Alas! I saw him without seeing him;
    I met him without meeting him;
    I encountered him without encountering him;
    Now as before I regret this deeply!"

But Bodhidharma had left the capital for the North, where his impact was more lasting.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Clear Light (9th February 2016), justntime2learn (10th February 2016), Pam (11th February 2016), Skyhaven (9th February 2016)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

The major quotes are translated in the video.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Clear Light (9th February 2016), Pam (11th February 2016), Skyhaven (9th February 2016)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

^That picture of Bodhi would be a nice one of the wall of my new house
    Ah, when I first started to "practice" meditation at home, I sometimes used to sit in front of the wall (or door) with the Tibetan letter "A" in front of me

"Back in the day" (so-to-speak), I chose "Clear Blue Skies" as a forum handle, partly because of the idea of the "Clear Light" of Tibetan Buddhism

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Guish (9th February 2016), justntime2learn (10th February 2016), Pam (11th February 2016), Skyhaven (9th February 2016)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Heaven and Hell is a state of mind.

Monitor your actions, your thinking, what you partake in, what you engage in. Your thoughts form reality, so be mindful that what you’re thinking is beneficial to you and others. If not… then you may not be thinking for yourself. Throughout the ages man has consistently shown that he’s reluctant to think for himself. He fears failure, not knowing mistakes build character and enough familiarity to win next time (if persistent).

Heaven and Hell exist in the now and then…you have the choice to experience both at any giving time. Remove the hardship by removing yourself from those negative ideas/the negative what if’s/the negative chatter/the negative hopelessness and disempowerment. Replace it with well intent in every last thing you do, replace it with positive engagements, replace it by leaving alone the low vibing noise that does nothing for you other than make you feel uncomfortable.

We live in our own heaven and hell by way of our actions and inaction's. Life/this reality is a test of your spirituality. We’re all born to die (ever wonder why?) bravely accept it, and the illusion might show you glimpses of what’s behind the scenes. We always have gotten exactly what we deserve…a person shouldn’t complain about seeing negatives in their life if they are always focused and indulging (giving attention to) the very things they don’t like. I see this all the time and it baffles me to no end.

If a person truly wants Heaven in their life/after life…they have to start acting like it, and half stepping will only get you half the results.

Peace
    --
    Humans created so much wonder through their division, just imagine what they can do through Unity...

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

Clear Light (9th February 2016), drneglector (9th February 2016), Guish (9th February 2016), Innocent Warrior (10th February 2016), justntime2learn (10th February 2016), Pam (11th February 2016), Skyhaven (9th February 2016), Wind (10th February 2016)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Ah, when I first started to "practice" meditation at home, I sometimes used to sit in front of the wall (or door) with the Tibetan letter "A" in front of me
    Did it improve your focus? I've only practised Zazen.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

justntime2learn (10th February 2016), Skyhaven (9th February 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast