+ Reply to Thread
Page 1210 of 1820 FirstFirst 1 210 710 1110 1160 1200 1210 1220 1260 1310 1710 1820 LastLast
Results 24,181 to 24,200 of 36385

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #24181
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Forbes.com

Cancelling WFIRST Will Permanently Ruin NASA

Published 20th February 2018

Last week, the White House released their plans for the 2018 fiscal year budget. Across many metrics and departments, it was a bloodbath, gutting about $50 billion from agencies focused on science, health, food, arts, humanities, the environment, and education, among many others. But among the reductions was one murderous stroke to NASA: the elimination its flagship mission of the coming decade, WFIRST. The Wide-Field Infrared Space Telescope was chosen by NASA to be the single most important astrophysics mission of the 2020s, and has been in the early planning stages for nearly 20 years. Countless astronomers and astrophysicists have spend their entire professional lives working to make this mission happen, and teach us things we'll never know, otherwise, about the Universe. Cancelling it is a decision that must be revoked, or NASA will cease to be the leading science and space agency for planet Earth.

Read all about it here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/startsw.../#7609147957b0
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

justntime2learn (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (21st February 2018)

3. Link to Post #24182
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Fade To Black

Episode 807 | Jeremy Corbell | DeLonge, Lazar & Skinwalker

Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell is an American contemporary artist and investigative filmmaker based in Los Angeles California.

Corbell documents ordinary individuals and their Extraordinary beliefs. This research has taken him into the worlds of nanotechnology, aerospace exploration, exotic propulsion systems, UFOs, the mystery of Skinwalker Ranch and what he calls, “The Phenomenon”. Corbell has documented the surgical removal of alleged Off-World Alien Implants, and with access to NASA, he has filmed the analysis of anomalous metamaterials alleged to be physical evidence of extraterrestrial nano-technology from UFO landing sites. Corbell has obtained death-bed confessions from former CIA and government intelligence officials, who claim to expose the truth about the UFO reality and its coverup. Corbell’s films reveal how ideas, held by credible individuals, can alter the way we experience reality and help us to reconsider the fabric of our own beliefs.

Jeremy continues to explore the EXTRAORDINARY BELIEFS of enigmatic people deep within the aerospace, military, intelligence, conspiracy, extraterrestrial and underworld communities.

Tonight we will discuss the recent US Navy gun camera videos, Bob Lazar, Skinwalker Ranch and the extraordinary evidence that he will soon present to the world.

Supporting Link: www.jimmychurchradio.com

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (21st February 2018)

5. Link to Post #24183
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Peter Maxwell Slattery | UFO Activity Via ECETI Australia

Recorded 18th & 16th February 2018 | Published 20th & 19th February 2018

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (21st February 2018), justntime2learn (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (21st February 2018)

7. Link to Post #24184
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Moon Inside The Magnificent Winter Circle - The Brightest Stars You Can See From Earth

On February 24 Moon and the Winter Circle can be found in the southern sky. You can see the circular pattern of stars around the Moon at nightfall.

The Winter Circle is a prominent winter asterism formed by seven stars prominent in the winter sky. These are Rigel in Orion Aldebaran in Taurus, Capella in Auriga, Castor and Pollux in Gemini, Procyon in Canis Minor, and Sirious in Canis Major constellation.

Sirius and Procyon are also part of the Winter Triangle , a smaller asterism that these stars form with Betelgeuse in Orion.

In the Southern Hemisphere, the Winter Circle will appear upside-down relative to our northern view with the star Sirius at top and the star Capella at the bottom.

Read all about it here: http://earthsky.org/tonight/moon-hig...-winter-circle

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (21st February 2018)

9. Link to Post #24185
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Fraser Cain

What Has The Curiosity Rover Discovered? A Collaboration With Joe Scott

Consider the fact that right now, there’s an SUV-sized rover crawling around the surface of Mars, zapping rockets with its laser, scooping and sampling material, and generally giving us the best view we’ve ever seen from the surface of the Red Planet.

NASA’s Curiosity Rover has been on the surface of Mars since 2012, following the story of water. When did it first show up on Mars, and was it there long enough to support the biology of life?

In its 5 years and counting of exploration, Curiosity has pushed our understanding of the Red Planet forward, and paved the way for the next generation of gigantic, nuclear powered rovers headed to Mars to search for life itself.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

11. Link to Post #24186
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SOFIA Telescope

Eric Becklin | Fifty-Four Years Of Adventures In Infrared Astronomy

To Qoute Eric "My adventures in infrared astronomy started when I was a grad student in 1965 with the discovery of an infrared-bright object (now known as the Becklin-Neugebauer Object) in the Orion Nebula. In 1966, I made the first measurements of the infrared radiation from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. I was fortunate enough to be able to take advantage of the 2.2 micron sky survey carried out by Neugebauer and Leighton (1969), which produced many remarkable discoveries, the most spectacular being the heavily dust-embedded carbon star IRC+10216, the brightest object in the sky at 5 microns outside the solar system. In the 1970’s there was a growth in Infrared astronomy with the availability of many new facilities such as the Kuiper Airborne Observatory, (KAO) which I used extensively with Mike Werner and Ian Gatley for many unique observations. In 1977, I moved to Hawaii to work on the NASA IRTF 3-meter telescope. Many discoveries were made, including the first L dwarf star around a white dwarf (with Ben Zuckerman). In the 1980’s the introduction of large format arrays changed the way we did infrared astronomy. With Ian McLean, I moved to UCLA in 1990 to start the IR lab and get involved in Keck development and science. In 1995, Andrea, Ghez, Mark Morris and I started looking for evidence of a possible massive Black Hole in the Galactic Center. Spectacular observations using the Keck 10 meter telescopes with large format near-infrared arrays and adaptive optics led to the confirmation of the presence of such a black hole and an estimate of its mass (4x106 M(Sun)). In 1996, I began working on the Stratospheric Observatory For Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA) and I will finish my talk by discussing SOFIA observations of the ring of dust and gas orbiting the massive black hole in the center of our Galaxy and other recent discoveries."

https://www.sofia.usra.edu/science/m...ared-astronomy

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

13. Link to Post #24187
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA

What Is The RS-25 Engine?

The RS-25 was the main engine of the space shuttle. There will be four RS-25's used for the Space Launch System (SLS) rocket.

Updated to include:

RS-25 Engines Powered To Highest Level Ever During Stennis Test

Published 21st February 2018

Operators powered NASA’s Space Launch System (SLS) engine to 113 percent thrust level, the highest RS-25 power level yet achieved, for 50 seconds of a 260-second test on February 21 at Stennis Space Center. This was the third full-duration test conducted on the A-1 Test Stand at Stennis this year.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 21st February 2018 at 22:04.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

15. Link to Post #24188
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers News | 21st February 2018 | Supernova, Dark Side, US Weather Alert

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (21st February 2018), justntime2learn (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (21st February 2018)

17. Link to Post #24189
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space.com

On This Day In Space | 21st February 1931 : Germany's 1st Liquid-Fuel Rocket (Barely) Launches

On February 21, 1931, Germany launched its first liquid-fueled rocket … sort of. The rocket only made it about ten feet off the ground. To be fair, the rocket itself was only two feet tall, so it did achieve an altitude of about five times its height. The rocket was named Hückel-Winkler 1 after the engineers who designed and built it. It was powered by a combination of liquid oxygen and liquid methane. Hückel-Winkler 1 lifted off from a drilling field near Dessau, Germany on two separate flights. After the first launch was a failure, the rocket did reach its planned altitude of 500 feet during its second flight three weeks later.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

19. Link to Post #24190
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

EarthSky.org

Juno’s Look @ Jupiter’s Swirling Clouds

NASA’s Juno spacecraft captured this image during its 11th close flyby of planet Jupiter on February 7, 2018. The image shows swirling cloud formations in the northern area of the planet’s north temperate belt.

At the time the image was taken, the spacecraft was about 5,086 miles (8,186 km) from the tops of the clouds of the planet, at a latitude of 39.9 degrees.

Read all about it here: http://earthsky.org/space/junos-jupi...ds-flyby-photo

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

21. Link to Post #24191
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    NASA

Detection Of Methane & Water Vapor In Mars Atmosphere

Researchers using ground-based observatories have detected increased concentrations of both methane and water vapor in the Martian atmosphere during the northern hemisphere summer.

European Space Agency

Exomars Trace Gas Orbiter Completes Aerobraking

Since arriving at Mars in October 2016, the ExoMars Trace Gas Orbiter has been aerobraking its way into a close orbit of the Red Planet by using the top of the atmosphere to create drag and slow down. It is almost in the right orbit to begin observations – only a few hundred kilometres to go! With aerobraking complete, additional manoeuvres will bring the craft into a near-circular two-hour orbit, about 400 km above the plane, by the end of April. The mission’s main goal is to take a detailed inventory of the atmosphere, sniffing out gases like methane, which may be an indicator of active geological or biological activity. The camera will help to identify surface features that may be related to gas emissions. The spacecraft will also look for water-ice hidden below the surface, which could influence the choice of landing sites for future exploration. It will also relay large volumes of science data from NASA’s rovers on the surface back to Earth and from the ESA–Roscosmos ExoMars rover, which is planned for launch in 2020.

Read all about it here: https://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/O...rfing_complete

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #24192
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

Good day to my fellow Avalonians

The most recent video was removed by user, so now there is an error 400.

Did anyone get a chance to view it or know what happened ?

I've never seen that happen before with suspicious observer ...

Thanks in advance, J

It just started working:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tempFileForShare_20180221-095108.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	562.5 KB
ID:	37158  
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 21st February 2018 at 18:20. Reason: Added video
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bluegreen (22nd February 2018), Foxie Loxie (21st February 2018), Star Tsar (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd February 2018)

25. Link to Post #24193
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Forbes.com

The Pillars Of Creation Haven't Been Destroyed, After All

In 1995, the Hubble Space Telescope snapped one of the most iconic images of all-time: the famed "Pillars of Creation" in the Eagle Nebula. One of the galaxy's closest and most productive regions of active star formation, these pillars represent what's left of the neutral gas that powers the creation of these new stars. But new stars aren't just a cosmic signpost of creation; they also bring destruction with them. When you form new stars, a fraction of them will be massive enough to go supernova, with these catastrophic explosions rapidly burning off and expelling the gas around them. Others will burn fantastically hot, evaporating this gas more slowly. What we're seeing, inside this nebula, is a mix of these two processes. Years ago, a NASA study claimed that a supernova recently occurred inside, and that the pillars were already destroyed. Now, we've learned that was in error, and they'll likely remain for hundreds of thousands of years before slowly evaporating away.

Read all about it here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/startsw.../#6f8addf95e37
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 23rd March 2018 at 18:32.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (21st February 2018), justntime2learn (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd February 2018)

27. Link to Post #24194
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Richard Dolan Show

Thoughts On Edgar Mitchell & Why A Formal Education Wont Free Your Mind

Published 19th February 2018

Richard rounds up the latest exopolitical news, Shares this thoughts on the Late Dr Edgar Mitchell & Explains why a formal education will not free one's mind.

Listen here
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 21st February 2018 at 18:41.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd February 2018)

29. Link to Post #24195
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

TheDrive.com

Hear Conversations Between Air Traffic Controllers That Show Confusion Over Mysterious UFO

Published 15th February 2018

Last November, The War Zone posted an exclusive story detailing a bizarre incident involving an unidentified aircraft that transited the skies of the Pacific Northwest in the early evening of October 25th, 2017. What started as a radar target moving at very high speed over Northern California turned into a series of eyewitness accounts made by nearby airline pilots traveling northward over Oregon. Even F-15 fighters were launched to intercept the mysterious intruder that quickly became invisible to radar.

Now, through the Freedom of Information Act, we present what could be one of the most insightful instances of official documentation surrounding such an encounter that had already been confirmed to have occurred by both the FAA and the USAF. These materials include fascinating audio recordings of radio transmissions and phone calls made as the incident was unfolding, as well as pilot interviews, and conversations between FAA officials made in the aftermath of the highly peculiar incident.

Read & Hear all about it here: http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone...15s-scrambling

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd February 2018)

31. Link to Post #24196
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Or is it that you are just ahead of your time rather than JustIn?

Suspicious Observers News | 21st February 2018 | CMEs & Solar Energetic Particles | Joan Burkepile, NCAR/HAO

Recorded @ OBSERVING THE FRONTIER 2018 with Joan Burkepile, NCAR/HAO Project Lead, COSMO-K Coronagraph

haha, usually I'm a step behind LOL

Many thanks, J
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (21st February 2018), Star Tsar (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd February 2018)

33. Link to Post #24197
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA

NASA Provides Coverage Of The National Space Council Meeting

NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida hosted a meeting of the National Space Council, chaired by Vice President Mike Pence on Wednesday, Feb. 21. This was the second meeting of the council, which President Trump reestablished last year. “Moon, Mars, and Worlds Beyond: Winning the Next Frontier” included testimonials from leaders in the civil, commercial, and national security sectors about the importance of the United States’ space enterprise.

Updated to include:

Last edited by Star Tsar; 22nd February 2018 at 07:16.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (21st February 2018), justntime2learn (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd February 2018)

35. Link to Post #24198
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Deep Astronomy

Forget Backyard Imaging! Use NASA Telescopes Yourself

Why go through all the trouble and expense of buying and learning to use your own imaging equipment when you have access to ACTUAL Space Telescope data?

If you've ever wanted to take a picture like the Hubble Space Telescope does of the Orion Nebula or capture Jupiter through the camera as well as the Juno spacecraft, then this hangout is for you.

You can actually use data from these missions yourself. The data taken with all space telescopes eventually end up in the public archives that you can download and process yourself. In this hangout we'll discuss some of the ways of getting and processing this data for your own use.

We'll also take some time to talk about what its like to have job processing data from these major missions and some of the requirements of that job.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

justntime2learn (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd February 2018)

37. Link to Post #24199
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

PBS Space Time

The Death Of The Sun

What exactly will happen when the sun dies?

Like living things, stars have a life cycle. They’re born inside of a cloud of gas and dust, they live their lives fusing hydrogen into helium in their cores, shining bright and stable for as long as that hydrogen lasts. Then they die, each going out in its own beautiful way. How a star dies depends on its mass. The bigger they are, the shorter their lives and the more sublime their deaths.

Related musical interlude:

Last edited by Star Tsar; 21st February 2018 at 21:43.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (22nd February 2018), Foxie Loxie (21st February 2018), justntime2learn (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd February 2018)

39. Link to Post #24200
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Lunar & Planetary Institute

Dr. Ralph Lorenz | Titan : A World With Two Styles Of Ocean

Published 14th February 2018

Planetary scientist Dr. Ralph Lorenz of the Applied Physics Lab at Johns Hopkins University discusses the saturnian moon Titan and results of the Cassini mission’s exploration of Titan. Lorenz outlines the uniqueness of Titan’s geochemistry and surface morphology, but also points out its similarities with Earth. This was the fourth presentation in the Lunar and Planetary Institute’s 2017–2018 Cosmic Exploration Speaker Series, “Diving into Ocean Worlds.”

Last edited by Star Tsar; 21st February 2018 at 21:56.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (21st February 2018), justntime2learn (25th February 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd February 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1210 of 1820 FirstFirst 1 210 710 1110 1160 1200 1210 1220 1260 1310 1710 1820 LastLast