Thread: Joe Rogan Exposed?

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Default Re: Joe Rogan Exposed?

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    i mean, you get 2 straight hours of uninterrupted material..no commercials!! it's unheard of these days. rogan slipping in a few product placement things seems like a small price to pay for that!
    Right. Compare that with MANY other podcasts, where the hysterical commercials go on for sometimes 5 minutes on end. If Joe Rogan is selling anything at all (and I'll not question anyone's word that he is!), I've simply never noticed it. That's just fine by me.

And I do appreciate that he's not got any kind of paywall behind which 'part 2' is always held back for paying subscribers. Too many people do that now, and I really dislike it. (I'd rather suffer the in-your-face commercials.)

Nor does he ever once hit the desperate pleading hammer of LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE !!!! And no livestream viewers, who so many YouTubers fawn to, and no 'superchat' donations. (OMG.)

And no fluffy cats. And no wife or partner who's obliged to be in on almost everything.

We need more podcasts like this, not less. A lot more.
    I'm not gonna argue with your opinion of Rogan or anyone else's. But your last point I will counter -- we need LESS podcasts and more of --- something else.

What that something else is, I don't exactly know. But I do remember Alex Jones's reaction to the Occupy Wall St. movement. Not only did he play it down, he knocked it down, said it was basically worthless, maybe even some kind of set up or however he phrases that. At that moment I knew Jones didn't want to see any real change in this country. Anything truly beautiful to happen between people. I was there and I saw it myself. We hadn't had anything like that since the 60s and nothing since. Where people weren't watching a podcast or looking at their screens. They were standing in front of each other and talking with one another -- agreeing and disagreeing. That's when I saw what Jones was about. (Interestingly, I've mentioned this on Avalon before and no one took it up).

So, no, we don't need more podcasts. Or more chat forums with endless speculations. We need more people giving up the "stories," and talking to each other. Giving up the heroes with the loud voices and the big muscles and the money and prestige to lure the famous people. Who keep on telling us "what it's like and what life is really about."
    Can I ask when was this Occupy movement?
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

2. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

Quote Posted by Tyy1907 (here)

Can I ask when was this Occupy movement?
    Around 2011

3. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 491 posts

Quote Posted by Joe Akulis (here)
    Quote Posted by Kano (here)
    Wholeheartedly agree with this statement. He does tackle many interesting topics but he certainly knows where not to go. And to that end, he is controlled opposition.
    I think you just put Bill Ryan into the category of controlled opposition with that statement. :-)
    Are you saying that you think Bill knows things that he is intentionally not sharing with the group for fear of being killed? I would love to hear that from Bill if that's the case.

4. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Wholeheartedly agree with this statement. He does tackle many interesting topics but he certainly knows where not to go. And to that end, he is controlled opposition.
    I think you just put Bill Ryan into the category of controlled opposition with that statement. :-)
    And me, and most of us.....
    No, not really. Joe has a platform to reach millions and millions of people with his podcast. You do not. You could espouse whatever you believe/know and there is a very high probability there will be no negative consequences for you. This is essentially because you can't affect the masses the way Joe can. Therefore, you are not/would not be considered controlled opposition.

5. Link to Post #45
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,658 times in 8,694 posts

No, not really. Joe has a platform to reach millions and millions of people with his podcast. You do not. You could espouse whatever you believe/know and there is a very high probability there will be no negative consequences for you. This is essentially because you can't affect the masses the way Joe can. Therefore, you are not/would not be considered controlled opposition.
    My main youtube channel only has around 600,000 views (though all my channels combined have over 1 million views); so yeah.... I guess I'm not cool enough... haha

Why would you assume you know me or what I do? Do you just assume everyone is a pleb?
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

6. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

My main youtube channel only has around 600,000 views (though all my channels combined have over 1 million views); so yeah.... I guess I'm not cool enough... haha

Why would you assume you know me or what I do? Do you just assume everyone is a pleb?
    Whoa, didn't think you'd be that touchy about not being considered controlled opposition. Ok, ok, you're controlled opposition.

I assumed you understood my point was that since Joe has the most popular podcast in history and as a result he casts arguably the broadest net of listeners of anyone, he's in a class of his own. But there I go assuming again.

I see that you have great pride and passion for your YouTube success, congrats! I'm not sure how that relates back to my comments about Joe being controlled opposition. I was discussing Joe, you made this about you.

Enjoy this cat video with almost 24,000,000 views.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kano For This Post:

TargeT (12th March 2019)

8. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

I assumed you understood my point was that since Joe has the most popular podcast in history and as a result he casts arguably the broadest net of listeners of anyone, he's in a class of his own. But there I go assuming again.
    I don't think that just because your large and have a big reach it means your controlled op if you choose to avoid topics.

I also think that smaller "voices" could absolutely be real "controlled opposition"; I guess I see him more of social agreement constrained than "controlled opposition"
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Kano (12th March 2019)

10. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

I don't think that just because your large and have a big reach it means your controlled op if you choose to avoid topics.

I also think that smaller "voices" could absolutely be real "controlled opposition"; I guess I see him more of social agreement constrained than "controlled opposition"
    Now that I will co-sign on. I do agree that it doesn't necessarily mean he is "controlled opposition" just because he has a huge voice but chooses to avoid certain subjects. But it doesn't mean he's not either. It's certainly a grey area. I guess I just find it a little suspect that he has flip flopped on some major issues (fake moon landings for example) as well as the fact that he takes on such a huge array of topics but he will not touch topics like the known elite pedophile rings/child trafficking with a 10 foot pole. To that end, it seems more like controlled opposition than social contract constrained.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kano For This Post:

Star Tsar (13th March 2019), TargeT (12th March 2019), Tyy1907 (12th March 2019), Valerie Villars (12th March 2019)

12. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

but he will not touch topics like the known elite pedophile rings/child trafficking with a 10 foot pole. To that end, it seems more like controlled opposition than social contract constrained.
    Well he does live in LA.... that's kinda like, in "those types of people's" back yard right?

I don't see him changing his mind about the moon landings as a negative thing; I think it'd be far worse if he just clung to it and didn't have the ability to change his mind.

I also see in him things about myself as well... I just don't go into some topics, they hold no interest for me.

or maybe I'm just biased and making up excuses, hard to say from my keyboard warrior position
    Where are you?

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Kano (12th March 2019), neutronstar (18th June 2019), Star Tsar (17th March 2019), Tyy1907 (12th March 2019), Valerie Villars (12th March 2019)

14. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Quote Well he does live in LA.... that's kinda like, in "those types of people's" back yard right?
    True. He comes across as such a pioneer in his desire to take on so many untalked about topics, it would seem that everything would be fair game. Clearly it is not.

Quote I don't see him changing his mind about the moon landings as a negative thing; I think it'd be far worse if he just clung to it and didn't have the ability to change his mind.
    I agree with this too. It's just that his explanation of why he changed his mind lacks any real substance. He's definitely a free thinker. Not disputing that. But in particular, the moon landing flip flop feels disingenuous.

Quote I also see in him things about myself as well... I just don't go into some topics, they hold no interest for me.

or maybe I'm just biased and making up excuses, hard to say from my keyboard warrior position
    Totally understood. And maybe at the end of the day, it just doesn't interest him. But that explanation doesn't ping my truth bell.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kano For This Post:

TargeT (12th March 2019), Tyy1907 (12th March 2019)

16. Link to Post #51
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Logos Media

The Inerlectual Darkweb : A Conversation With Matthew North & Jesse Spots

Published 12th March 2019

Jan hosts Matthew & Jesse in order to have a dialogue on the interlectual darkweb, a corporate group that Mr Rogan is alleged to be involved with.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Kano (13th March 2019), Tyy1907 (13th March 2019), waree (13th March 2019), Zanshin (13th March 2019)

18. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member waree's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Logos Media

The Inerlectual Darkweb : A Conversation With Matthew North & Jesse Spots

Published 12th March 2019

Jan hosts Matthew & Jesse in order to have a dialogue on the interlectual darkweb, a corporate group that Mr Rogan is alleged to be involved with.

Thank you. These guys seem more genuine to me than those professional characters like Joe Rogan and Alex Jones even though they are kind of boring haha. I still listen to JR and AJ because they are very entertaining. But I want to balance it out and listen to the other side as well. It is interesting to me that they talked about the Brave New World agenda. One of Qanon post that mentioned the "Brave New World" gave me a chill down my spine and nobody can tell me what he/she meant by that. May be these guys are right.

Q !!mG7VJxZNCI ID: ebc49e No.3783812 📁
    Nov 7 2018 13:12:06 (EST)
    We are going to show you a new world.
    Those who are blind will soon see the light.
    A beautiful brave new world lies ahead.
    We take this journey together.
    One step at a time.
    WWG1WGA!
    Q

Yike!!! ... I am still following Q though. Still hope he/she meant well haha.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to waree For This Post:

Star Tsar (14th March 2019)

20. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 times in 191 posts

My 2 cents:

I agree with most - my impression is that Joe is just a guy who's really good at what he does, interviewing the people who interest and excite him the most. A big audience attracts big sponsors.

It seems he can considers most of his guest friends, and to be able to do that, it has to be reciprocated. I think that says a lot, considering the types of people he has on. To my mind he's way too human to be just a front for somebody else's agenda.

He does indeed plug things throughout the show, and I often notice when he does. But that's how the format works.

And I think he does indeed steer away from properly discussing some topics. No surprise! If I were in his position, I would probably do the same. I think he introduces a huge spectrum of people, who would otherwise probably miss out, to topics which are simply not in the circle of the mainstream. What would be the point, with such a following, to start alienating huge chunks of his audience, and his sponsors, by discussing extremely divisive topics, which are not simply understood. I think you have to have a pretty solid background to properly follow that type of discussion, and there are plenty of other people out there who provide that type of discussion.

I wonder how many here on Avalon, who are so quick to call controlled opposition, would be willing to jeopardise their livelihood, and their families livelihood, by sharing everything they know on the most controversial subjects. I'm not willing to do that round the dinner table able any more, let alone sharing with millions of people who I might depend on for an income! It's pointless! If you were to really go for it, you would immediately lose most of the people listening, who otherwise might benefit a lot from a friendlier, edited version of whatever worlds-most-divisive topic you happened to be discussing.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Apulu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2019), Constance (15th March 2019), Intranuclear (18th June 2019), Ivanhoe (15th March 2019), Mike Gorman (15th March 2019), Sophocles (14th March 2019), Spellbound (16th March 2019), Star Tsar (14th March 2019), Valerie Villars (15th March 2019), Zanshin (14th March 2019)

22. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

I tend to find that it always comes down to that line 'be the change you want to see in the world'. As in... don't ask for the protection of the pack, by letting others validate a position for the self. To try and mouth and mime risk without actually taking it.

Change does not happen unless one moves into change themselves. This herd instinct is why societies and cultures fall off cliffs or are herded into dumpsters...while nothing is done by the people. Even if the signs are obvious. It's not about what one sees, witnesses, or views....but about what one does themselves.

The Buddhists and what not make that clear as can be with the line 'change comes from within'.

Essentially, I don't expect Rogan to show enough data to get people riled up enough to act. Not going to happen. To do that is to bring death to his door. All a public person can really do is hint, via the filter of their own path in knowledge and knowing...

People already know how real and desperate the situations in the world are.

Their fears hold them back, their animal psychology and physiology hold them back. The data and the logic of the scenarios is clear, and always has been.

The host of humanity is overloaded with parasites to such a high degree, that the host is in severe danger of collapsing. The parasite wants to fix it by a controlled and directed collapse of the host so it fits their desired host model better.

The host might have issues with that. It's a cognitive and cognitive rumination speed issue, and the more intelligent a person is, the quicker they can get that done and be in a position to be a parasite and not a host.

The vast majority of what is the parasite is intelligence mixed with lack of emotions, ie sociopaths and psychopaths. The lower tiers of intelligence are filled with these psychopaths and sociopaths who are the meat and bones of the given parasitical oligarchy. The mechanistic levers and motions. They run the show from this position of enabled intellect via lack of emotions for the group and this fear and desire orientation. Smart enough to act on their fear/desires, but not smart enough to completely cloak themselves.

The bully is in charge because he is violent. Full stop.

The better class of intelligent and capable people are targeted by this lower tier, this lower tier that uses force to be in charge.

The trick to understand is that their control is vaporware. It's a purposeful mist and haze. If you wake up and actually move, they are toast.

Now, when I say that, it is true, but this is the part that makes people fall back to sleep. As they can win any time, so they don't risk themselves. And thus the world dies. The SEP syndrome...(Somebody Else's Problem)

Exactly the same way that the monkey in us wants a more illiterate and more thirsty monkey to be the one to walk down the tall grass trail to the water, first. So 'other' can take risk to find out if it is 'safe'. We avoid risk as a matter of biological function.

Biology is not intelligent. But it certainly does involve itself in your thought formation and subsequent actions or lack thereof.
    Last edited by Carmody; 14th March 2019 at 14:45.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2019), Ernie Nemeth (15th March 2019), Intranuclear (18th June 2019), Ivanhoe (15th March 2019), PurpleLama (14th March 2019), seko (14th March 2019), Sophocles (14th March 2019), Star Tsar (14th March 2019), Stephanie (21st April 2019), Valerie Villars (14th March 2019)

24. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Joe rogan is one of the few real people out there to trust for watching for truth. This video this kid made is just all made up bs. You cant believe every accusation everyone makes on the internet. This kid just doesn't know what he is talking about and is lost. Joe Rogan is a cool dude and knows the deal. And isn't bought out by anybody.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mindbend8r For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th March 2019), Intranuclear (18th June 2019), Mike Gorman (15th March 2019), Valerie Villars (15th March 2019)

26. Link to Post #56
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

Joe Rogan is a media personality, for me he is a professional Devil's Advocate who skates along the ice very deftly. Sponsors, supporters do not have to define us, they are people who see an opportunity to promote themselves, if that involves enabling a broad scope of subject, so be it. Success is always the subject of envy, and hostility. I like Joe, and his choice to give Alex Jones an opportunity to reach more people, more to the better.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th March 2019), Intranuclear (18th June 2019), TargeT (15th March 2019), Valerie Villars (15th March 2019)

28. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    i mean, you get 2 straight hours of uninterrupted material..no commercials!! it's unheard of these days. rogan slipping in a few product placement things seems like a small price to pay for that!
    Right. Compare that with MANY other podcasts, where the hysterical commercials go on for sometimes 5 minutes on end. If Joe Rogan is selling anything at all (and I'll not question anyone's word that he is!), I've simply never noticed it. That's just fine by me.

And I do appreciate that he's not got any kind of paywall behind which 'part 2' is always held back for paying subscribers. Too many people do that now, and I really dislike it. (I'd rather suffer the in-your-face commercials.)

Nor does he ever once hit the desperate pleading hammer of LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE !!!! And no livestream viewers, who so many YouTubers fawn to, and no 'superchat' donations. (OMG.)

And no fluffy cats. And no wife or partner who's obliged to be in on almost everything.

We need more podcasts like this, not less. A lot more.
    I'm not gonna argue with your opinion of Rogan or anyone else's. But your last point I will counter -- we need LESS podcasts and more of --- something else.

What that something else is, I don't exactly know. But I do remember Alex Jones's reaction to the Occupy Wall St. movement. Not only did he play it down, he knocked it down, said it was basically worthless, maybe even some kind of set up or however he phrases that. At that moment I knew Jones didn't want to see any real change in this country. Anything truly beautiful to happen between people. I was there and I saw it myself. We hadn't had anything like that since the 60s and nothing since. Where people weren't watching a podcast or looking at their screens. They were standing in front of each other and talking with one another -- agreeing and disagreeing. That's when I saw what Jones was about. (Interestingly, I've mentioned this on Avalon before and no one took it up).

So, no, we don't need more podcasts. Or more chat forums with endless speculations. We need more people giving up the "stories," and talking to each other. Giving up the heroes with the loud voices and the big muscles and the money and prestige to lure the famous people. Who keep on telling us "what it's like and what life is really about."
    To me it seems we need both. We need trusted information to decide about what we want to actively go out and protest or change in some way. When we protested the Vietnam war everyone knew the objective was to stop the war. Occupy Wall Street, with what end, what objective, no one knew. It made a laughing stock out of protesting, like it was some face book get together to look cool.

29. Link to Post #58
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

"Occupy Wall Street," drew attention to the fact that 1% of the population enjoy most of the rewards of corporatism. That they didn't have a clearly defined 'end goal' was obvious and shouldn't have been expected. It's not as if they could don battle gear and attack 'the enemy.'

30. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Valerie Villars (15th March 2019)

31. Link to Post #59
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

What Mike said....I LOVE Joe Rogan.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Valerie Villars (15th March 2019)

33. Link to Post #60
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

Quote Posted by Savannah (here)
    To me it seems we need both. We need trusted information to decide about what we want to actively go out and protest or change in some way. When we protested the Vietnam war everyone knew the objective was to stop the war. Occupy Wall Street, with what end, what objective, no one knew. It made a laughing stock out of protesting, like it was some face book get together to look cool.
    No, it wasn't a Facebook thing to look cool. Did you ever go down there, in any of the cities? I did, in New York, several times. One of the problems was that they wouldn't accept the idea of leaders so there was no centralized way to get a message out or direct a movement. That was a mistake, in spite of our not liking to listen to leaders. It probably went too far too fast with occupying spaces and whatnot, and that's also why it was crushed so soon.

It really saddens me that the last great gasp of a movement that we had -- whose participants included lefties, righties, and in betweeners -- is put down in this way. These people were standing there and saying "this is what is happening with power and money in this country." How much more objective do you need???

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

AutumnW (16th March 2019), Valerie Villars (16th March 2019), waree (16th March 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast