+ Reply to Thread
Page 1368 of 1823 FirstFirst 1 368 868 1268 1318 1358 1368 1378 1418 1468 1823 LastLast
Results 27,341 to 27,360 of 36446

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #27341
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,692 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

TheDailyGalaxy.com

The Exoplanet That Is Too Big For It's Star

Published 11th June 2019

I Tau b is a paradoxical planet, but new research of the hot Jupiter's mass, brightness & the carbon monoxide in it's atmosphere is starting to answer questions of how a planet so large could have formed around a star that is only two million years old.

Read all about it here: https://dailygalaxy.com/2019/06/the-...-for-its-star/
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 12th June 2019 at 03:47.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (13th June 2019)

3. Link to Post #27342
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Richard Dolan Show

Intelligent Disclosure | UFOlogy Turned Upside Down : The Admiral Wilson Documents

Streamed & Published 11th June 2019

UFOlogy has been in a feverish state since the start of the year & we are only halfway through 2019. The admiral Wilson documents will reverberate for a long time, & TTSA is definately making waves & This is exactly what Tracy & Richard discuss.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. Link to Post #27343
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Podcast UFO

Robbie Graham | UFOs Reframing The Debate

Streamed & Published 11th June 2019

Alejandro Rojas is first up with your UFO news headlines then UK author Robbie Graham joins the show to discuss his two books entitled Silver Screen Saucers & UFOs : Reframing The Debate. He really gets into the topic of how beliefs can be skewed & Has his own personal take on disclosure with a capital D.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 12th June 2019 at 08:32.

5. Link to Post #27344
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Lighting The Void Radio

Clas Svahn | UFOs : Research & Evidence

Published 10th June 2019

In the first half of this broadcast Ryan Gable joins the show to discuss his interactions @ CITD 2019. Then for the second & third hours Joe speaks with Swedish journalist Clas Svahn for a Swedish perspective of UFOlogy & He also shares his research efforts in the field of UFOlogy.

Clas' website www.AFU.se

&

Dr. Hugh Ross | The Science Of The Bible & UFOs

Published 12th June 2019

Astronomer Hugh Ross is founder and president of Reasons to Believe, an organization dedicated to integrating scientific fact and biblical faith. His books include Why the Universe Is the Way It Is, Hidden Treasures in the Book of Job. and Navigating Genesis. Subjects include Genesis, Creation, UFOs, Aliens, Entities, Angels, Religion And More.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 12th June 2019 at 09:13.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (12th June 2019)

7. Link to Post #27345
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

UFO News Network Sunday

Michael W Hall

Recorded & Published 11th June 2019

Michael joins Frank & Chant to discuss the Admiral Wilson documents, are they the leak of the century or just another fake?

Documents in question can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/ggIFTfQ?fbclid=I...ORQTA-wyLuiR3A

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Kryztian (13th June 2019)

9. Link to Post #27346
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The New York Post

The Basement Office | Episode Three | Recent UFO sightings | The Black Triangle | Department of Defence Cover-Ups

Published 12th June 2019 | 40 Minutes from posting time

In this episode of “The Basement Office” the New York Post’s Steven Greenstreet sits down with Nick Pope to discuss the latest UFO sightings and the frightening modern day craft, the black triangle. Is there a Department of Defense cover-up? We speak with witnesses of mass sightings in various locations across the country including the Hudson Valley, New York, and Phoenix, Arizona. Nick reveals why the government downplays such events and offers his take as to whether or not another big wave of UFO sightings is on the horizon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

11. Link to Post #27347
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Open Minds Productions

Danny Silva, Joe Murgia & Mike Damante | UFO Roundtable on Unidentified & Recent UFO Revelations

Published 11th June 2019

Open Minds UFO Radio: In this episode we welcome back three recent guests, Danny Silva of SilvaRecord.com, Joe Murgia of UFOJoe.net, and Mike Damante of PunkRockandUFOs.com. All three of these guys run blogs that follow the latest breaking news regarding the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP), the Pentagon’s secretive UFO Program, and the To the Stars Academy (TTSA). The later was created by rock star Tom Delonge, and includes Luis Elizondo, former head of AATIP, and other high level officials. AATIP and TTSA are featured in the new History Channel series Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation.

In this roundtable we discuss the recent Open Minds UFO Radio and UFO Podcast interviews of Luis Elizondo, new information shared in the latest episodes of Unidentified, and other late breaking news regarding UFOs and the U.S. government.

One can listen here

Last edited by Star Tsar; 12th June 2019 at 21:21.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

13. Link to Post #27348
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

MJ Banias

Why UFO Conspiracies Don't Make Sense...

Published 11th June 2019

In this video, MJ use a bit of Noam Chomsky to circle around the conspiracy theory nonsense and express that 'conspiracy theories' serve those in the power instead of challenging them. While the UFO community gets riled up every few months over a new conspiracy or continues to dwell on the classics, we need to explore why conspiracy theories occur and why is the UFO community so enamored with them.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 12th June 2019 at 09:40.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (12th June 2019), william r sanford72 (13th June 2019)

15. Link to Post #27349
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

HubbleESA

Hubblecast 121 : What Can We Learn From Exoplanet Transits?

Published 6th June 2019

This new Hubblecast episode explores what we can learn through the transits of exoplanets. It also tells us what we have learned from these transits with the help of Hubble and which discoveries we can expect with the NASA/ESA/CSA James Webb Space Telescope.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

17. Link to Post #27350
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    The Thunderbolts Project

Space News | Eugene Bagashov | Birkeland Currents in Space : An Analysis

Published 29th May 2019

In the 21st century, with increasing frequency astronomical literature recognizes a long-taboo subject — the existence of electric currents in space: from the electrical Earth-Sun connection, to the electric currents connecting the gas giant planets to their respective moons, to the vast cosmic jets of active galactic nuclei.

Yet these recognitions overwhelmingly hold to ideas of strange gravitational and magnetic processes producing electric currents in kinds of closed systems. But what of the overwhelming evidence for the electrical circuitry connecting celestial objects and driving countless astrophysical phenomena?

Today, in part one of his four-part presentation physicist Eugene Bagashov begins outlining the research that he and several others in the Electric Universe community have been conducting into this question, based on retired Professor Donald Scott’s mathematical modeling of the structure of a type of electric current called a Birkeland current.

Space News | Eugene Bagashov | Birkeland Currents – Cosmic Distance & Other Puzzles

Published 12th June 2019

In this episode we delve more deeply into a highly promising ongoing investigation in the Electric Universe community. Previously, physicist Eugene Bagashov introduced the analysis he and several others in the EU community have conducted into the evidence for the pervasiveness of a type of electric current, called a Birkeland current within or nearby our cosmic neighborhood. Of course, when electric currents can’t be directly measured by space probes, the task of inferring their existence in space is complicated. Eugene and his colleagues have followed Dr. Donald Scott’s model of the structure of a Birkeland current. In part two of this four-part presentation, Eugene outlines in finer detail what he and his colleagues have found to date.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

19. Link to Post #27351
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The American Astronomical Society

AAS 234 Press Conference

Recorded 10th & Published 11th June 2019

C. Darren Dowell, Daniel J. Kennefick & Mohamed Shameer Abdeen | Spiral Galaxies Near & Far

Speakers present short presentations on the following topics:

The Spiral Magnetic Field in the Central 5 Parsecs of the Galaxy
    C. Darren Dowell (Jet Propulsion Laboratory)

Multi-Wavelength Study of Spiral Structure and Star-Formation Region in Disk Galaxies
    Daniel J. Kennefick (University of Arkansas)

New Multifaceted Evidence in Favor of Spiral Density Wave Theory
    Mohamed Shameer Abdeen (University of Arkansas)

Searching for Intermediate Mass Black Holes in Spiral Galaxies with Citizen Scientists
    Patrick M. Treuthardt (North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences)

Christopher Johns-Krull, Edward Schwieterman & Yuta Notsu | Exoplanets & Flare Stars

The Youngest Hot Jupiter Directly Detected Yields Clues to Formation
    Christopher Johns-Krull (Rice University) & Lisa A. Prato (Lowell Observatory)

A Limited Habitable Zone for Complex Life
    Edward Schwieterman (University of California, Riverside)

Do Kepler Superflare Stars Really Include Slowly Rotating Sun-like Stars?
    Yuta Notsu (Kyoto University & University of Colorado)

Sanjiv Tiwari, Karin Muglach, Alexander G. Kosovichev & Tommy Larsen | What's New Under the Sun?

Fine-Scale Explosive Energy Release in the Core of a Solar Active Region
    Sanjiv Tiwari (Lockheed Martin Solar & Astrophysics Laboratory)

The Life of Coronal Bright Points
    Karin Muglach (NASA Goddard Space Flight Center)

Detection of Dynamo Waves in the Solar Convection Zone by Helioseismology
    Alexander G. Kosovichev (New Jersey Institute of Technology)

Listening to the Sun: The Sonification of Solar Harmonics
    Timothy Larson (Moberly Area Community College)

Allison Michelle Kirkpatrick, William D'Arcy Kenworthy, & Maurice H. Van Putten | Cold Quasars & Hot Cosmology

A New Population of Cold Quasars
    Allison Michelle Kirkpatrick (University of Kansas)

Local Structure Does Not Impact Measurement of the Hubble Constant
    William D'Arcy Kenworthy (Johns Hopkins University)

Lambda Cold Dark Matter in Tension with Pantheon Data
    Maurice H. Van Putten (Sejong University)

Robert Leamon, Irina Kitiashvili, Grace A. Wolf-Chase & Sukanya Chakrabarti | Even More Sun & More Milky Way

Predicting the End of Sunspot Cycle 24 and Its Effects on Earth
    Robert Leamon (University of Maryland & NASA Goddard Space Flight Center)

Solar Activity Forecast for the Next Decade
    Irina Kitiashvili (NASA Ames Research Center)

Why Do Massive (and Not-So-Massive) Stars Form in the Milky Way?
    Grace A. Wolf-Chase (Adler Planetarium)

Antlia 2: The Dark Dwarf Galaxy that Crashed into the Milky Way
    Sukanya Chakrabarti (Rochester Institute of Technology)

Last edited by Star Tsar; 13th June 2019 at 13:59.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

21. Link to Post #27352
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SciShow Space

Three Ways the Milky Way Will Change During Your Lifetime

Published 11th June 2019

It’s easy to imagine that our galaxy is basically frozen in time from the perspective of a human lifespan, but in fact, the Milky Way is incredibly dynamic and will undergo some pretty amazing changes in only a few decades!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #27353
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

House Science, Space & Technology Committee

Hearing | Discovery on the Frontiers of Space: Exploring NASA’s Science Mission

Published 11th June 2019

Today, NASA’s Science Mission Directorate represents a $6.9 billion investment that funds space-based and suborbital science missions, ground-based research, data analysis, and technology development. These elements support NASA’s programs focused on planetary science, Earth science and applications, astrophysics, and heliophysics—the study of the Sun and its interactions with Earth and the solar system.

Through these programs, scientists are seeking answers to fundamental questions:

What is dark energy and, how and why is the Universe expanding, and at what rate?
    How have the many chemical and physical processes that shaped the solar system evolved and interacted over time?
    What are the structure, function, and biodiversity of Earth’s ecosystems, and how and why are they changing in time and space?
    What are the origins of the Sun’s activity and how can we predict variations in the space environment?

In pursuing answers to these and other questions, NASA’s scientific findings, increasingly, become interwoven into our everyday lives—from decisions to reroute aircraft due to solar activity and space weather, to surveying the skies for potentially harmful near-Earth asteroids, to using ocean color and temperature maps for commercial fishery forecasting, or in using satellite data to assess the impacts of our changing climate, and much more.
    Through an organized, science community-led process known as the “decadal surveys,” NASA’s Science Mission Directorate has benefited from a systematic approach to setting priorities that guide NASA’s planetary, heliophysics, astrophysics, and Earth science programs over ten-year periods. Not only do the decadal surveys guide the content of NASA’s science programs, they also help us commit to the highest priorities identified by the science community. The decadal surveys keep us honest and focused on top priorities when funding constraints or competing interests arise.

However, consistently following and implementing decadal priorities has not always been easy. The complexity involved in ambitious, large-scale missions has led, in some cases, to significant cost and schedule growth, so we must be vigilant in ensuring that NASA is as innovative in program and cost management as it is in advancing scientific discovery.
    How can NASA and the community both encourage ambitious, breakthrough science while minimizing the unanticipated costs and delays that may come with pushing the edges of innovation? And must pushing the edges of innovation and discovery always be equated to large and expensive missions? Or can the use of small satellites and cubesats, and hosted payloads, where appropriate, also help us acquire scientific observations and measurements at lower cost?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

25. Link to Post #27354
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 12th June 2019 | Sun Can Superflare, Dark Magnetism, Starshield

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

ulli (12th June 2019), william r sanford72 (13th June 2019)

27. Link to Post #27355
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Royal Institution

Professor Jo Dunkley | Our Universe & How It Works

Published 12th June 2019

Most of us have heard of black holes and supernovas, galaxies and the Big Bang. But few of us understand more than the bare facts about the universe we call home. What is really out there? How did it all begin? Where are we going? Award-winning astrophysicist and Professor of Physics at Princeton University, Jo Dunkley traces the evolution of the Universe from the Big Bang fourteen billion years ago, past the birth of the Sun and our planets, to today and beyond. She explains cutting-edge debates about such perplexing phenomena as the accelerating expansion of the universe and the possibility that our universe is only one of many.

Q&A

Professor Dunkley's book "Our Universe: An Astronomer's Guide" : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Our-Univers...ag=rionline-21

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #27356
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Spectacular Night Sky Show: Jupiter, Moon, Antares, Mercury, Mars & Summer Triangle

Published 12th June 2019

Jupiter the Moon and the red supergiant star Antares will form a celestial triangle on June 15th.

Mercury at its brightest. Look for Mercury and Mars to appear especially close on June 18th.

Summer Triangle
    As darkness falls on these june evenings the famous "Summer Triangle" ascending in the east. This seasonal triangle is composed of three of the brightest stars in the night sky, each of which is the brightest star in its own constellation.

Clear Skies Everyone!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

ulli (12th June 2019), william r sanford72 (13th June 2019)

31. Link to Post #27357
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

TMRO

Space News | Reusable Spaceships & A Mysterious Lunar lump

Published 13th June 2019

In News this week ESA is working on a reusable spaceship that can rapidly bring back samples to Earth. There's also a mysterious lump on the Moon that may be made of materials we can use to build with. And of course Dr. Tamitha Skov brings us not only this weeks Space Weather but also a quick update on some beautiful clouds that the sun has been influencing.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

33. Link to Post #27358
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Seeker

How Close Are We to Launching the James Webb Space Telescope?

Published 13th June 2019

The James Webb Space Telescope will allow us to see further into space than ever before, and its discoveries are expected to revolutionize astronomy. So, how close are we to finally launching it?

Read More:
    Spacecraft element successfully endures extreme temperatures in thermal vacuum
    https://news.northropgrumman.com/new...webb-telescope
    "After thermal vacuum testing, the SCE will return to Northrop Grumman’s clean room to begin post-environmental testing, including deployments. Later this year, the Webb telescope will become a fully integrated observatory for the first time through integration of the SCE to the Optical Telescope Element/Integrated Science Instrument Module."

How the Webb Telescope Will Explore Mars
    https://www.nasa.gov/feature/how-the...l-explore-mars
    "When NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, launching in 2021, reaches its destination a million miles from Earth, it will be able to see the whole disk of Mars every two years. If a global dust storm envelops the Red Planet at a time when Webb could see it, the powerful space telescope could gather information about the storm, adding to data from spacecraft on or close to the planet's surface."

Building James Webb: the biggest, boldest, riskiest space telescope
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016...pace-telescope
    "Webb is the biggest, most complex, and most expensive science mission that NASA has ever attempted, and expectations among astronomers and the public are huge. Webb will have 100 times the sensitivity of the Hubble Space Telescope."

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

35. Link to Post #27359
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Dr Becky Smethurst

How Do We Know the Milky Way is a Spiral? | the Story of the Milky Way

Published 13th June 2019

Ever see people wearing those T-shirts with a spiral galaxy on saying "You are here" to mark the position of the Sun? The story of how we figured out the Milky Way was a spiral galaxy and where the Sun was in that big structure, starts all the way back in 1610 with Galileo Galilei.

36. Link to Post #27360
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 13th June 2019 | Amazing Cosmos, Changing 'Climate Change'

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1368 of 1823 FirstFirst 1 368 868 1268 1318 1358 1368 1378 1418 1468 1823 LastLast